As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

I'm still addicted to the DS

• Options
    honey nut cheerioshoney nut cheerios __BANNED USERS regular
    edited July 2009
    I don't even have a GBA anymore.

But then I don't really dig the whole take games with you on a walk thing or whatever.

I'd rather sit and play, does that make me a toolbox?

honey nut cheerios on
    Uriel3.jpg
  • Options
    Big Red TieBig Red Tie beautiful clydesdale style feet too hot to trotRegistered User regular
    edited July 2009
    I am still really excited for the Gold/Silver remakes

Gold and silver ruined pokemon for me.

It's kinda like episode 1.

You expect it to be more of the same greatness but then you are disappointed and the disappointment leads to worse.

Like episode 2.

EDIT: beign a negative nancy itt

i liked silver/gold better

Big Red Tie on
    3926 4292 8829
    Beasteh wrote: »
    *おなら*
  • Options
    JansonJanson Registered User regular
    edited July 2009
    Hmm, I've been meaning to pick up my DS again. Maybe buy a new one with an R button that works.

Although I'm conflicted, cause I have a DSPhat, and I don't want to get a Lite because DSi is out, but I don't want to get a DSi because I know I'll probably regret losing GBA support.

A lot of great GBA games have either been updated or ported to the DS.

I'd keep your Phat; maybe try blowing out the R-button, and buy a DSi.

Janson on
  • Options
    TheySlashThemTheySlashThem Registered User regular
    edited July 2009
    orik is very serious about words and such

TheySlashThem on
  • Options
    LarlarLarlar consecutive normal brunches Moderator, ClubPA mod
    edited July 2009
    That is one hell of an OP.

And if you can't beat every level in N+ then you smell and I hate you for all time.

Larlar on
    iwantanswers3.png
  • Options
    OrikaeshigitaeOrikaeshigitae Registered User, ClubPA regular
    edited July 2009
    orik is very serious about words and such

it is almost literally the only thing i know how to do

Orikaeshigitae on
  • Options
    edited July 2009
    I don't even have a GBA anymore.

But then I don't really dig the whole take games with you on a walk thing or whatever.

I'd rather sit and play, does that make me a toolbox?

Nope, my DS never leaves the house these days, and I only really used to take it out on long train/plane rides.

IMO the DS really is quite unique and has a great many excellent and exclusive titles.

Janson on
  • Options
    VivixenneVivixenne Remember your training, and we'll get through this just fine. Registered User regular
    edited July 2009
    Larlar wrote: »
    That is one hell of an OP.

And if you can't beat every level in N+ then you smell and I hate you for all time.

aww :(

Vivixenne on
    XBOX: NOVADELPHINI | DISCORD: NOVADELPHINI #7387 | TWITTER
  • Options
    cooljammer00cooljammer00 Hey Small Christmas-Man!Registered User regular
    edited July 2009
    Janson wrote: »
    Hmm, I've been meaning to pick up my DS again. Maybe buy a new one with an R button that works.

Although I'm conflicted, cause I have a DSPhat, and I don't want to get a Lite because DSi is out, but I don't want to get a DSi because I know I'll probably regret losing GBA support.

Yeah, that wonky R (L?) button is really an issue when I want to play some Tetris DS. I did try that blowing/sucking thing (hurr hurr :winky:) but it didn't seem to do much good.

Is the DSi great yet? Any killer apps with the DSi exclusivity? Any use for the camera other than to take upskirts of girls on the bus?

cooljammer00 on
    steam_sig.png

3DS Friend Code: 2165-6448-8348 www.Twitch.TV/cooljammer00
    Battle.Net: JohnDarc#1203 Origin/UPlay: CoolJammer00
  • Options
    Blake TBlake T Do you have enemies then? Good. That means you’ve stood up for something, sometime in your life.Registered User regular
    edited July 2009
    Yeah honeynut, I thought the same thing too, what's the point of a DS if I'm not going to travel too much, then I realised I was being silly as the game is plenty fun just sitting on a couch as it is sitting on a train.

The games are still fun!

Blake T on
  • Options
    edited July 2009
    I spent many a week in bed, playing the Phoenix Wright games to completion until I could not go on anymore, I was so tired.

cooljammer00 on
    steam_sig.png

• Options
    Blake TBlake T Do you have enemies then? Good. That means you’ve stood up for something, sometime in your life.Registered User regular
    edited July 2009

Yeah, that wonky R (L?) button is really an issue when I want to play some Tetris DS. I did try that blowing/sucking thing (hurr hurr :winky:) but it didn't seem to do much good.

Is the DSi great yet? Any killer apps with the DSi exclusivity? Any use for the camera other than to take upskirts of girls on the bus?

Cooljammer if you still have a GBA kicking around I would get a DSi unless you really wanted to save money. Because I mean how often do you need your GBA games to be portable.

Blake T on
  • Options
    Macro9Macro9 Registered User regular
    edited July 2009
    I rarely take my DS out of the house. My GBA Micro is with me at all times though.

Macro9 on
    58pwo4vxupcr.png
  • Options
    mullymully Registered User regular
    edited July 2009
    wait wait
    n+ is on ds?
    must .. get

mully on
  • Options
    UnbreakableVowUnbreakableVow Registered User regular
    edited July 2009
    Same here, when I had a DS, it pretty much never left the house, just sat at my desk and played. I do the same thing now with the PSP.

Though it does make me yearn for the days of Super Game Boy/Game Boy Player.

UnbreakableVow on
  • Options
    edited July 2009
    mully wrote: »
    wait wait
    n+ is on ds?
    must .. get

It's the same as the original, except now you have to pay money for it. Don't be fooled!

Larlar on
    iwantanswers3.png
  • Options
    edited July 2009
    Larlar wrote: »
    mully wrote: »
    wait wait
    n+ is on ds?
    must .. get

It's the same as the original, except now you have to pay money for it. Don't be fooled!

But, it's portable!

(there are also new levels I am pretty sure)

Blake T on
  • Options
    edited July 2009
    I spent many a week in bed, playing the Phoenix Wright games to completion until I could not go on anymore, I was so tired.

I see some people claim that they beat one of the PW games in 4-5 hours.

THIS IS IMPOSSIBLE! I have replayed each game 5-6 times and even when you scroll quickly through the text you're still looking at a good 2-3 hours for most of the cases.

You just think you haven't spent that long playing them when in reality you have. I can't count the number of times I'd say to Mori, 'I'll just finish this case' and then bam! before I know it it's 3 am.

Janson on
  • Options
    edited July 2009
    And it's only like $10.

UnbreakableVow on
  • Options
    Indica1Indica1 Registered User regular
    edited July 2009
    Did anyone else find N+ on the DS way too easy after playing the PC version? I blew through it.

Indica1 on

If the president had any real power, he'd be able to live wherever the fuck he wanted.
  • Options
    VivixenneVivixenne Remember your training, and we'll get through this just fine. Registered User regular
    edited July 2009
    N+ makes me so irate

Vivixenne on
    XBOX: NOVADELPHINI | DISCORD: NOVADELPHINI #7387 | TWITTER
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] regular
    edited July 2009
    The user and all related content has been deleted.

[Deleted User] on
  • Options
    DavoidDavoid Registered User regular
    edited July 2009
    I had a job one summer of basically looking after a site for 24 hours a time. That was when I played phoenix wright. I was literally paid to sit around and pretend I was a lawyer on my nintendo.

Davoid on
    rqv6.png
  • Options
    edited July 2009
    Vivixenne wrote: »
    N+ makes me so irate

I just remember hating those fucking blue dudes with the antennas that come after you. I can usually plan my way through everything else.

Fuck those assholes.

Larlar on
    iwantanswers3.png
  • Options
    edited July 2009
    Blaket wrote: »

Cooljammer if you still have a GBA kicking around I would get a DSi unless you really wanted to save money. Because I mean how often do you need your GBA games to be portable.
    20030108h.jpg
    20010613h.gif

But yeah, I would use my GBA under a lamp in my house anyway. I use my DS as my GBA.

cooljammer00 on
    steam_sig.png

• Options
    edited July 2009
    I keep wanting to play Puzzlequest, I spend so much time playing Bejewelled I really should give it a go.

Blake T on
  • Options
    mullymully Registered User regular
    edited July 2009
    portable n+ is something i am willing to pay for
    i wish n+ was available for iPhone

DO YOU HEAR ME, GAMING COMPANIES
    N+ FOR IPHONE
    GET ON THAT

mully on
  • Options
    edited July 2009
    The only downside to Puzzle Quest on the DS is that it is quite easy - with an accidental brush of the stylus - to make an illegal move, and if you do that your turn is over.

Janson on
  • Options
    JavenJaven Registered User regular
    edited July 2009
    N+ for iphone would be so fucking frustrating

the touch screen isn't nearly as responsive or precise as it has to be for a game like that.

Javen on
  • Options
    edited July 2009
    I keep wanting to play Puzzlequest, I spend so much time playing Bejewelled I really should give it a go.

Challenge of the Warlords is pretty great, and lengthy. I haven't played Galactrix but I hear bad things.

Puzzle Kingdoms is apparently another DS game they put out, no clue of its quality.

I have the original Puzzle Quest on five different platforms and I regret nothing.

UnbreakableVow on
  • Options
    edited July 2009

I see some people claim that they beat one of the PW games in 4-5 hours.

THIS IS IMPOSSIBLE! I have replayed each game 5-6 times and even when you scroll quickly through the text you're still looking at a good 2-3 hours for most of the cases.

You just think you haven't spent that long playing them when in reality you have. I can't count the number of times I'd say to Mori, 'I'll just finish this case' and then bam! before I know it it's 3 am.

When the sun sneaks up on you, that's when you have to put down the DS. "Just one more case!" is right. And then it'd be time for a bleary eyed day of schooling. If only I didn't have to go to school...I could be a defense lawyer!
    Davoid wrote: »
    I had a job one summer of basically looking after a site for 24 hours a time. That was when I played phoenix wright. I was literally paid to sit around and pretend I was a lawyer on my nintendo.

The hell? They think the site was going to be stolen?

Was it a place that thought the internet ran like this?
    20070716.jpg

Or maybe your job was like this?
    20041029h.jpg

cooljammer00 on
    steam_sig.png

• Options
    edited July 2009

Challenge of the Warlords is pretty great, and lengthy. I haven't played Galactrix but I hear bad things.

Puzzle Kingdoms is apparently another DS game they put out, no clue of its quality.

I have the original Puzzle Quest on five different platforms and I regret nothing.

Wait there IS MORE THAN ONE?

Blake T on
  • Options
    OwenashiOwenashi Registered User regular
    edited July 2009
    For those who haven't seen it yet, the Heart Gold/Soul Silver trailer.

http://www.gametrailers.com/player/52494.html

Owenashi on
  • Options
    edited July 2009
    Yeah; two Puzzle Quest games, and each game was released for virtually every platform available.

I, too, hear bad things about Galactrix.

Janson on
  • Options
    DavoidDavoid Registered User regular
    edited July 2009
    Davoid wrote: »

The hell? They think the site was going to be stolen?

Was it a place that thought the internet ran like this?
    20070716.jpg

Or maybe your job was like this?
    20041029h.jpg

naw, site as in location. One of my old workplaces had alot of renovation and constuction going on, so my job turned into "sit here and make sure stuff doesn't get stolen while the construction guys are gone." I couldn't really complain about it, as a summer job it could have been worse. I might have actually had to do work.

Davoid on
    rqv6.png
  • Options
    edited July 2009
    I am not allowed to play phoenix wright unless Vivienne is in the room.

It's annoying because I usually want to play videogames when she isn't in the room.

Blake T on
  • Options
    Seattle ThreadSeattle Thread Registered User regular
    edited July 2009
    Yeah; two Puzzle Quest games, and each game was released for virtually every platform available.

I, too, hear bad things about Galactrix.
    I loves me some Puzzle Quest... it's weird how the game can both be casual and hardcore simultaneously, yet identical for both playstyles. That, and playing a different class changes the game completely.

Seattle Thread on
    kofz2amsvqm3.png
  • Options
    Peter EbelPeter Ebel CopenhagenRegistered User regular
    edited July 2009
    I can't play any damn class but warrior. KILL KILL KILL

Also KILL!

Peter Ebel on
    Fuck off and die.
  • Options
    edited July 2009
    Ha, I played a warrior, too.

Are the English translations for the DQ games done by Americans? Only I've noticed a couple of Euro-centric puns, and they use British spellings on a couple of occasions.

Also, DQ5:
    I've managed to progress to being a slave in the game and it just occurred to me that I never met my future self! Am I screwed?!

Janson on
  • Options
    ASimPersonASimPerson Cold... and hard.Registered User regular
    edited July 2009
    I think translations are usually done by the publisher, so in the US Square-Enix USA would do it, but I think SE just opened up a European division so their European games were probably published (and translated) by someone else.

Of course, I'm speaking from my experience with other Square games; I've never played DQ.

ASimPerson on
This discussion has been closed.