Options

[WoW] PvP: Season Nine SUCKS.

StericaSterica YesRegistered User, Moderator mod
edited February 2011 in MMO Extravaganza
450px-Cataclysmlogo.png

SEASON NINE

Quick and dirty guide. To be updated in-depth later.

There are, in essence, four tiers of PvP gear.

Crafted: item level 339 (blue). A way of getting PvP gear without being brutalized in BGs.

Honor: item level 352 (blue). Your basic set. Don't leave home without it.

Conquest, Unrated: item level 365 (purple) and the weapons are 359 (purple). The main set for all your PvP needs.

Conquest, Rated: item level 365 (purple) and the weapons are 372 (purple). Yes, the times they are a-changing. The rated set is, for the most part, just a recolored version of the unrated set. It exists to let skilled players stand out a bit. The one exception is weapons, which are on par with their heroic PvE counterpart.

YL9WnCY.png
Sterica on

• Options
    orthancstoneorthancstone TexasRegistered User regular
    edited July 2009
    If SSvTM was stupid, what is STV? o_O

To be more on topic, I feel the need to inquire: Anyone running WG on the PTR? How is it going vs the usual clusterfuck?

orthancstone on
    PAX South 2018 - Jan 12-14!
    Pins!
  • Options
    StericaSterica Yes Registered User, Moderator mod
    edited July 2009
    Something tells me 100 v 100 is still going to be a clusterfuck.

Sterica on
    YL9WnCY.png
  • Options
    NobodyNobody Registered User regular
    edited July 2009
    Isn't it up to 120 vs 120 now?

Nobody on
  • Options
    NorgothNorgoth cardiffRegistered User regular
    edited July 2009
    Good thread timing, I've just been sucked into pvp again on my dk. Been doing arena with my brother (who's a disc priest) and doing BG's for honour. Yesterday I saw a Dk on low life called "nerfdks" and crit him with a single IT and killed him.

Norgoth on
  • Options
    PotatoNinjaPotatoNinja Fake Gamer Goat Registered User regular
    edited July 2009
    On large servers, it probably means no more 20+ stacks of tenacity. There's something particularly hilarious about seeing how matchups can scale: An orc warrior with near 100k health, unkillable due to second wind and blood craze, desperately trying to take a point but unable to kill his opponents before they respawn, both sides mechanically incapable of defeating the other.

I'm disappointed to see a new BG in 3.2 PvP needs alot of things right now, another honor farm to queue for is not one of them.

PotatoNinja on
    Two goats enter, one car leaves
  • Options
    eatmosushieatmosushi __BANNED USERS regular
    edited July 2009
    I will return to this game when they create arena-type teams for battlegrounds.

Organized 10 on 10 wsg sounds so hot.

With fabulous prizes

eatmosushi on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] Spun uncontrollably skyward... Driven brutally into the ground
  • Options
    edited July 2009
    Given the dwindling arena numbers, rated BGs is a ways off.

Sterica on
    YL9WnCY.png
  • Options
    rtylershawrtylershaw Registered User regular
    edited July 2009
    Given that given that Blizzard wants to have (at least) one viable PvP spec and role per class, what are they? I'll start off the list with a couple of guesses:

Death Knight:

Druid:
    Restoration (HoTs, Decursing/Abolish Poison, CC)

Hunter:

Mage:

Paladin:
    Holy (Direct heals, Cleansing)
    Retribution (DPS, CC)

Priest:

Rogue:

Shaman:

Warlock:

Warrior:

rtylershaw on
  • Options
    MgcwMgcw Registered User regular
    edited July 2009
    eatmosushi wrote: »

With fabulous prizes

That would be cool if they weren't, you know, ruining WSG.

Mgcw on
  • Options
    ronzoronzo Registered User regular
    edited July 2009
    rtylershaw wrote: »
    Given that given that Blizzard wants to have (at least) one viable PvP spec and role per class, what are they? I'll start off the list with a couple of guesses:

Mage:

Mages get frost, and arcane can also work because of its mobility, 2 minute evo, instant invis

ronzo on
  • Options
    edited July 2009
    Rorus Raz wrote: »
    Given the dwindling arena numbers, rated BGs is a ways off.

If you look at PvP participation, both for arenas and BGs, you can see a pattern between what I guess I'd call "quality of life" issues and PvP participation. How hard is it to get gear? How badly does the system punish you for not meeting certain requirements? How much are you able to do without being "hardcore?"

I don't think arenas per se are a bad feature, but their implementation is terrible. How is an undergeared player supposed to enjoy arenas? Lose 7-9 games a week and hope to slowly gain tiny bits of gear until you compete? Randomly queue for BGs and wander around farming HKs, with no incentive for group play?

Rated BGs could work really really well, but Blizzard needs to have a PvP-come-to-Jesus and reconsider what they want the honor system to do and what it does currently. The system, set up as-is, discourages a majority of WoW's population from playing at all.

PotatoNinja on
  • Options
    edited July 2009

Death Knight:

Druid:

Hunter:

Mage:

Paladin:
    Retribution (DPS, CC)

Priest:

Rogue:

Shaman:

Warlock:

Warrior:

Most warriors are using a PvP-oriented Arms build, usually 57/14 or 60/11 or something very close to one of those two. There are some prot warriors but the lack of MS makes the spec a novelty, although the longer fights 3.2 offers might make their staying power more attractive. Fury warriors aren't unheard of but don't appear to be as common as Arms, usually using an 18 or 20 / 5X build.

I've seen several paladins using a holy / ret build with both holy shock and repentance.

PotatoNinja on
  • Options
    QuetzatcoatlQuetzatcoatl Registered User regular
    edited July 2009
    If you look at PvP participation, both for arenas and BGs, you can see a pattern between what I guess I'd call "quality of life" issues and PvP participation. How hard is it to get gear? How badly does the system punish you for not meeting certain requirements? How much are you able to do without being "hardcore?"

I'm surprised Blizzard has not taken the time to look at these type of issues more closely, with the amount of insight they have brought with WOTLK into PVE it surprises me that PVP has not been noticeably improved.

There are fundamental issues that need to be addressed like what happened with PVE. The same way they had to reconsider, for example, hybrids and buffs in PVE they need to take a look at PVP from a broader perspective that just class balance.

Healing, burst and organized bg's in particular really need to be looked at.

Quetzatcoatl on
  • Options
    edited July 2009

Death Knight:

Druid:

Hunter:

Mage:

Paladin:
    Retribution (DPS, CC)

Priest:

Rogue:

Shaman:

Warlock:

Warrior:

Most warriors are using a PvP-oriented Arms build, usually 57/14 or 60/11 or something very close to one of those two. There are some prot warriors but the lack of MS makes the spec a novelty, although the longer fights 3.2 offers might make their staying power more attractive. Fury warriors aren't unheard of but don't appear to be as common as Arms, usually using an 18 or 20 / 5X build.

I've seen several paladins using a holy / ret build with both holy shock and repentance.

Apparently there's a prot build used in PVP for paladins that is just a brick house healer. I haven't been able to locate the actual build yet but I have a couple of thoughts on it.

Nobody on
  • Options
    edited July 2009
    Nobody wrote: »

Apparently there's a prot build used in PVP for paladins that is just a brick house healer. I haven't been able to locate the actual build yet but I have a couple of thoughts on it.

Yeah, its worth mentioning, the build is mainly for 2v2 or sometimes 3v3 IIRC, you give up significant healing power and utility to essentially be 100% immune to anything melee ever bothering you again.

PotatoNinja on
  • Options
    NocturneNocturne Registered User regular
    edited July 2009

Death Knight:

Druid:

Hunter:

Mage:

Paladin:
    Retribution (DPS, CC)

Priest:

Rogue:

Shaman:

Warlock:

Warrior:

For rogues, 41/5/25 Mutilate spec is the cookie-cutter PvP build. I don't have experience with Combat or Subtlety PvP specs, but they're definitely not very common.

Nocturne on
  • Options
    edited July 2009
    Combat is MUCH more common now thanks for Fan of Knives bullshit. AoE interrupt with no cooldown? Grrrr.

Sterica on
    YL9WnCY.png
  • Options
    edited July 2009
    Rorus Raz wrote: »
    Combat is MUCH more common now thanks for Fan of Knives bullshit. AoE interrupt with no cooldown? Grrrr.

Well it's a bullshit gimmick build that seemed to spring up out of nowhere. I also think it goes against what Rogues are about, so I didn't mention it.

I guess it could be added, but I really would not like to give any credit to it.

Nocturne on
  • Options
    edited July 2009
    For Noc:

I haven't played as much 80 PvP as I'd like, so part of this is direct observations of 80 PvP and part is what I remember from 70 PvP. My rogue isn't 80, so I can't speak definitively of the matchup, only give you some general pointers on rogue vs. warrior.

First, fuck duels we're not going to discuss 1v1. Not relevant.

Your generic opening is to cheapshot --> kidney --> dismantle. Dismantle is a big cooldown for you, it removes their weapon and their shield, so you can use it offensively or defensively. You can't do jack to them during bladestorm. That opening buys your team about 13 seconds of helpless damaged warrior, assuming they don't trinket (if they do: blind!)

Blind is a big part of your arsenal, and I'd recommend using it early. If the warrior trinkets a stun, you can blind them and chase down their partner. If they trinket a blind, you have 2 minutes in which they have no way to break your stunlocks without a paladin to cover them.

You'll probably want to save evasion for a bladestorm. You can use it offensively after a stunlock to keep a warrior helpless, but eating a full bladestorm is painful and scary and evasion is one of the few protections you have against it.

Sap and gouge can both be broken with berserker rage, a 30 second cooldown.

Your big concerns, outside of bladestorm, are intercept and intimidating shout (if you aren't undead). Intercept is an 8 - 25 yard closer that's a 3 second undodge-able physical stun, intimidating shout is an 8 second AoE physical fear (no dispels, no cloak).

Generally, you want to avoid being in one of two scenarios against a warrior:

1: Trading hits face to face.
    2: Beating on a near-full health warrior who is fighting defensively (sword and board)

Example 1 will likely end with your healer going OOM as the warrior eats you alive. Scenario 2 will likely result in you wasting your time on a hard target.

Generally don't try to run away from a warrior in a straight line, even with sprint. You'll just eat an intercept. Your sprint is probably best used to follow a warrior who uses charge, intercept, or intervene to escape you and recover. You can also use it if you're on the offense and want to run silly circles around the warrior, making you difficult to target. I find this a suspect use of the cooldown, YMMV. Sprint can help you avoid a bladestorm if you aren't snared, if you need to use evasion for some other purpose at least try to save sprint for the spinning top of doom.

Never use vanish defensively (to escape or avoid attacks). A warrior has a dozen ways to bring you out of stealth, no reason to find out which they want to use. If you use vanish, use it offensively: vanish, immediately cheap shot. Where you fight is a big deal, warriors are very mobile and you want to limit their mobility as much as possible. Generally speaking, you want to force the warrior to either play defense so you don't kill them or rush to save their partner from your partner's CC-chain / mana burns / whatever.

If you're trying to "blow up" a warrior, save dismantle for the inevitable shield wall. It removes it, and prevents spell reflect to boot. Be careful fighting a warrior near your partner, that's almost begging for sweeping strikes + bladestorm to mess you both up. Your job as a rogue isn't just burst damage, its to provide enough cover and control for your partners to do their thing while doing some damage on your own. Most strategies against you will revolve around enduring your cooldowns and dragging the fight out, warriors in particular lose to rogues in 20 second fights and beat them senseless in 5 minute battles.

Others should chime in if their experiences differ. Hope that's slightly useful.

PotatoNinja on
  • Options
    edited July 2009
    That is very useful, thank you.

Nocturne on
  • Options
    -SPI--SPI- Osaka, JapanRegistered User regular
    edited July 2009
    eatmosushi wrote: »

With fabulous prizes

That and more specifically turning the current BG system into one where you queue for gametype rather than BG and have several maps for each type (CTF, Zones, attack and defend etc) rather than what they've been doing so far, adding new BGs that water down the population, introduce new useless tokens and have bizarre mish mashed gametypes.

-SPI- on
  • Options
    lionheart_mlionheart_m Registered User regular
    edited July 2009
    Hmm...I'm eagerly waiting for the OP.

Seriously tho, I've been thinking about PvPing with my Paladin. I'm currently geared with T7 epics and a Black Ice. Am I better off crafting the blacksmithing PvP set or just farming honor with my gear? I think I have like 60ish Heroism Badges...is there a piece I should get from there?

lionheart_m on
    3DS: 5069-4122-2826 / WiiU: Lionheart-m / PSN: lionheart_m / Steam: lionheart_jg
  • Options
    edited July 2009
    Do Wintergrasp every time it's up, there are some nice pieces from there. Do VoA every week. Farm BGs.

Get your trinket first, then fill out your Hateful and Deadly set. I wouldn't bother crafting the level 78 PvP set, you'll still get gangraped and you could spend that time better farming honor.

rtylershaw on
  • Options
    VicktorVicktor Infidel Castro Rancho ChupacabraRegistered User regular
    edited July 2009

I'm surprised Blizzard has not taken the time to look at these type of issues more closely, with the amount of insight they have brought with WOTLK into PVE it surprises me that PVP has not been noticeably improved.

There are fundamental issues that need to be addressed like what happened with PVE. The same way they had to reconsider, for example, hybrids and buffs in PVE they need to take a look at PVP from a broader perspective that just class balance.

Healing, burst and organized bg's in particular really need to be looked at.
    Blizzard has already stated that they're aware of the burst and healing issues and that they'd like to find a way to tune that down.

That said, both of those issues are actually MORE of an issue in the small-scale Arenas like 2v2 and 3v3, and (as has been my stance since they announced arenas in Vanilla) they have figured out that they cannot ever HOPE to balance 2v2, so they're limiting the amount of awards it gives.

The Second major issue you bring up, and I think this is more important, is how to get into PvP entry-level. Someone said "do WG every time it's up". Which is great, and means you'll get on average 1.5K honor (not counting the weekly quests) and 2 WG marks per an average 2 hour playtime a night... hardly efficient. You'd hae to do that for over a week to get just a BELT. Do VoA every week is a good recommendation, but it's just a very small chance at gear... well, my Paladin has ONE piece of PvP gear from doing VoA almost every week for 2 months... even LESS efficient (unless you're lucky or ninja stuff).

There are many avenues to PvP gear. Badges buy PvP gear, WG marks, honor, and arena+honor. You can do pretty well in BGs in non-PVP gear. So BGs are viewed as the entry stage into PvP (though doing SOME arenas a week will net you arena points to make your honor go farther) and this works. Taking advantage of the BG weekend bonus honor, doing the BG daily, and trying to get concerted efforts, you can get quite a bit of honor rather quickly... I personally don't think it's enough. 50K honor for pants is too steep for entry-level (it's much less if you combine arena points).

The problem is the disparity in rewards and focus between BGs and Arenas. This is also something they're trying to address with the next patch, and more in the future. Warcraft is not deathmatch, it's WAR. The BGs fit more with the style and the lore of warcraft (AV in particular - especially the ORIGINAL AV), and the current design team seems to have decided this as well (yay). They just need to implement a new BG ladder that awards arena points weekly (or something similar) or make BG tokens actually worth something more than honor (honestly, if concerted efforts awarded arena points instead of honor... this would help alot)... something to even out the rewards.

Vicktor on
    steam_sig.png
    Origin: Viycktor
  • Options
    edited July 2009
    Good points all. The main frustration for me with the current PvP system is that -- despite a very well-designed PvE learning curve -- the introduction to PvP is brutal and unfriendly.

Now, maybe that's the way it should be. If I walk onto a football field with no knowledge of the game, no skills, no equipment, and no physical capabilities ... I'll get my ass kicked. Repeatedly. Eventually I'll build up to the point where I'm competitive. Instinctively, it seems right that the PvP learning curve would be shaped this way.

On the other hand, maybe there's a way to design tiers of competition that promote the development of skills, like -- to continue the metaphor -- baseball's minor league system?

rtylershaw on
  • Options
    edited July 2009
    The Blizzard plan on burst and healing seems to be:

- Nerf druids and priests a bit (penance in particular getting a slightly longer CD)

- Make resilience the mandatory PvP stat, which reduces damage overall (a player with a solid resilience set will be cutting incoming damage by about 12-15%, a pretty substantial drop, which doesn't even count the crit reduction).

- More resilience = less PvE gear = less big heals and big crits being thrown around.

Not bad changes, but not the systematic overhaul I'd like to see. There's still the significant quality-of-life issues that BGs present. They're bizarrely broken in that they are one of the few parts of WoW that actively discourage organized group play and winning. Your best bet for honor-per-hour is to avoid hard matches and look for games where you can join a streamroll of an undergeared or undermanned team. Long, hard-fought matches are mechanically bad for your character, better to win or lose very quick and get back to it.

Imagine if regular Ulduar gave epics and hard-mode Ulduar gave crappy BoE blues.

PotatoNinja on
  • Options
    edited July 2009
    Good points all. The main frustration for me with the current PvP system is that -- despite a very well-designed PvE learning curve -- the introduction to PvP is brutal and unfriendly.

Now, maybe that's the way it should be. If I walk onto a football field with no knowledge of the game, no skills, no equipment, and no physical capabilities ... I'll get my ass kicked. Repeatedly. Eventually I'll build up to the point where I'm competitive. Instinctively, it seems right that the PvP learning curve would be shaped this way.

On the other hand, maybe there's a way to design tiers of competition that promote the development of skills, like -- to continue the metaphor -- baseball's minor league system?

This, I think, is the biggest overall problem in PvP. It punishes players it should reward, it discourages players from participating. PvP is fun and WoW is set up to make sure you never find that out.

BGs aren't PvP, they're PvS--player versus system. You don't get any rewards for smart tactics or beating an organized team, you get rewards from winning or losing very very quickly. Take Strand of the Ancients as a great example: If your offensive fails, it is (mechanically speaking) better for you to farm random HKs and lose very quickly. The worst that can happen is you play smart defense for ten minutes for no reward.

Arenas need a casual / "minor league" tier, or some other explicit way for players to ease in to competition. There is no reason a fresh level 80, an alt, or an extremely casual PvP player should fight against someone with a full current season arena set. Neither side gets a satisfying match and both lose when the PvP pool dries up as medium-level players quit the system.

PotatoNinja on
  • Options
    lionheart_mlionheart_m Registered User regular
    edited July 2009
    I ask because I'm a bit intrigued, does WAR prevent this? What does it do different? I confess I haven't read that much about it but I hope if it's as succesful as I've heard then maybe WoW could learn a thing or two?

lionheart_m on
    3DS: 5069-4122-2826 / WiiU: Lionheart-m / PSN: lionheart_m / Steam: lionheart_jg
  • Options
    MEGAMERICANMEGAMERICAN Registered User regular
    edited July 2009

Arenas need a casual / "minor league" tier, or some other explicit way for players to ease in to competition. There is no reason a fresh level 80, an alt, or an extremely casual PvP player should fight against someone with a full current season arena set. Neither side gets a satisfying match and both lose when the PvP pool dries up as medium-level players quit the system.

I like the idea of a tiered arena. It would be pretty easy to impliment and stop from being abused. Have 3 tiers. The top tier gets 3 times as many points than the lowest tier, twice as much as the middle. Then put a rating cap on the lower and middle tier so you have to move up tiers in order to get the last few pieces.

The rating cap and amount of points would limit the amount of sandbaggers in the lower two tiers.

MEGAMERICAN on
  • Options
    edited July 2009
    In an earnest effort to avoid an extended whine thread, what have people found best for Honor-Per-Hour? WG quests seem fantastic, anything else really jump out at you?

PotatoNinja on
  • Options
    edited July 2009
    When you play football, you don't get thrown to the wolves. You have things like a coach and pre-season training. You also don't have to have to be one of the tops team in the country to buy things like a cup.

Sterica on
    YL9WnCY.png
  • Options
    dylmandylman Registered User regular
    edited July 2009
    The weekly WG quests seem very bugged, they reset on Tuesdays guaranteed, but I can generally do them all again on Saturday/Sunday. I have no idea if that just applies to me, my own server, EU servers, or is true across the board, but it's consistent every week.

dylman on
  • Options
    edited July 2009
    Based on my last few weeks, the WG quests reset on Tuesday and Sunday.

Sterica on
    YL9WnCY.png
  • Options
    The Big LevinskyThe Big Levinsky Registered User regular
    edited July 2009
    It would be nice if they made three season old PvP gear available for straight gold. That would make you at least strong enough to contribute in a BG from the get go, even if you still get killed a lot.

Also, has anyone tried the new BG? Is it workin' out pretty well? It certainly sounds neat, but I haven't had the chance to jump on the PTR and try it out.

The Big Levinsky on
  • Options
    DisruptorX2DisruptorX2 Registered User regular
    edited July 2009
    I ask because I'm a bit intrigued, does WAR prevent this? What does it do different? I confess I haven't read that much about it but I hope if it's as succesful as I've heard then maybe WoW could learn a thing or two?

XP for all pvp. 50% of all world zones are devoted to pvp. Rep rewards for pvp in each zone. All pvp gear drops from other players or keep lords, can be bought with tokens that you get for participating, or drops from pvp endgame instances. Low level characters are level boosted to a decent level when they enter a pvp area.

It has its problems, but its built from the ground up to be pvp based, not something for bored max level character to mess around with.

DisruptorX2 on
    1208768734831.jpg
  • Options
    VicktorVicktor Infidel Castro Rancho ChupacabraRegistered User regular
    edited July 2009

XP for all pvp. 50% of all world zones are devoted to pvp. Rep rewards for pvp in each zone. All pvp gear drops from other players or keep lords, can be bought with tokens that you get for participating, or drops from pvp endgame instances. Low level characters are level boosted to a decent level when they enter a pvp area.

It has its problems, but its built from the ground up to be pvp based, not something for bored max level character to mess around with.
    Don't forget collision detection and PvP 'tanking' classes.

Tanking? In Pee Vee Pee?!?!? BURN THE WITCH!

Vicktor on
    steam_sig.png
    Origin: Viycktor
  • Options
    InquisitorInquisitor Registered User regular
    edited July 2009

http://www.wowarmory.com/character-talents.xml?r=Nathrezim&cn=Kikyu&gn=Guild

My friend lifted that Prot PvP build (with one talent point different, I can't remember which one) clean from a paladin that was in a 2v2 arena team with a 2300ish rating. The paladin was teamed up with an affliction lock, which is how I'll be specing my lock for twos once I can afford dual specs.

My lock is currently specced destruction for 3s and the amount of burst I can lay down, given my gear, is insane. However, in 2s, once my burst is over I don't have enough killing power to kill someone before their healer can get them back up. In 3s however after I burst the rogue (I run warlock, rogue, druid for my 3s) jumps on the target as well as they usually die. Also the druid usually CCs the healer which helps with bursting someone down.

And speaking of getting geared up for PvP:

I had zero problems gearing up. I quit WoW a while back and recently hopped on my warlock near the tail end of June. I was wearing mostly PvE blues with a couple PvE epics tossed in. I didn't have my PvP trinket or anything of the sort. I had no problems playing in BGs on my 'lock and I'm not sporting almost entirely epic PvP gear with only a couple PvE pieces left.

If you want to gear up for PvP make sure to join an arena team and get in 10 games every week. Doesn't matter if you lose them all, you still get a flat number of arena points which will make buying 5 pieces of your PvP gear substantially cheaper.

Inquisitor on
  • Options
    edited July 2009
    In an earnest effort to avoid an extended whine thread, what have people found best for Honor-Per-Hour? WG quests seem fantastic, anything else really jump out at you?

WG is hands down the best. Make sure to grab the kill mobs quest as well for extra honor.

After that, the best bet is getting an organized BG group together. Failing that, well, just try to get the best spread of tokens possible and hammer out those BGs.

Inquisitor on
  • Options
    edited July 2009
    Inquisitor wrote: »

http://www.wowarmory.com/character-talents.xml?r=Nathrezim&cn=Kikyu&gn=Guild

My friend lifted that Prot PvP build (with one talent point different, I can't remember which one) clean from a paladin that was in a 2v2 arena team with a 2300ish rating. The paladin was teamed up with an affliction lock, which is how I'll be specing my lock for twos once I can afford dual specs.

My lock is currently specced destruction for 3s and the amount of burst I can lay down, given my gear, is insane. However, in 2s, once my burst is over I don't have enough killing power to kill someone before their healer can get them back up. In 3s however after I burst the rogue (I run warlock, rogue, druid for my 3s) jumps on the target as well as they usually die. Also the druid usually CCs the healer which helps with bursting someone down.

Ooh, thanks, I may look into this

Nobody on
  • Options
    edited July 2009
    Ooh, thanks, I may look into this

NP. The glyphs are also lifted from the other player's build as well.

Though looking over the talent build, there are some changes I would make (such as dropping the 1 point in divine intellect for hammer of the righteous. I mean sure, you are not there to do damage but, being able to do some spot damage can be the difference between killing a player or letting them heal to full).

Inquisitor on