As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[WoW] PvP: Season Nine SUCKS.

15758596163

Posts

  • StericaSterica Yes Registered User, Moderator mod
    edited January 2011
    The problem is you may have a host of other debuffs on you, and dispel is largely restricted to one.

    It's probably annoying in 2s, but in 3s you will likely have other debuffs there to eat dispels.

    Sterica on
    YL9WnCY.png
  • BeckBeck Registered User regular
    edited January 2011
    Went 5-1 this week. 8)

    Would have been 5-0 but I literally cannot do anything against a fucking Deathknight and I'm so, so very confused as to why they're getting an extra root they don't deserve next patch. At least I'll be dealing a reasonable amount of damage against Plate and a much needed priest buff is coming in, but I still hate them.

    I wanted to ask you guys, I've been reforging most of my crit to haste and it's actually working quite well, but I'm kind of up in the air on a couple things. I'm kind of tempted to just go heavy into expertise gear because of latency and some changes with a couple classes (DKs especially). What do you guys think, worth it? Kidney Shot and Gouge is becoming more and more important and I'm becoming more and more nervous about something missing.

    I wish they had taken expertise out, honestly. Oh well.

    Thoughts? I really just dislike how our set is itemized with so much crit, honestly, and I probably won't have a chance at the 2200 stuff until I can find a mage for pmr. :\

    Beck on
    Lucas's Franklin Badge reflected the lightning back!
  • UnknownSaintUnknownSaint Kasyn Registered User regular
    edited January 2011
    Expertise is panned pretty hard, especially when a lot of the need for it can be eliminated via positioning.

    UnknownSaint on
  • BeckBeck Registered User regular
    edited January 2011
    Expertise is panned pretty hard, especially when a lot of the need for it can be eliminated via positioning.

    I'm finding opponents latency to be an issue, though. I dunno.

    I don't want to gem for it or anything but I'm thinking of going for the expertise neck and especially with the DK change it might be nice.

    But yeah some thought out opinions on that would be cool! It's hard to know what everybody's doing since a lot of the higher level players are logging out in alternative gear sets. :X

    Edit: I've been fooling around with opponent's expertise a bit, forcing them to either save their Kidney shot (which very few people are doing in this bracket (I'm teamhopping a lot right now to try out a bunch of comps before I commit to my serious team)), blow Shadowstep, or risk it on me facing them and it's surprisingly effective. Either I sprint I get mine off (and they never use theirs) or eventually they use theirs out of frustration and it maybe hits, or they miss out. Won a couple games today because of it and it has me seriously considering reforging. Did a few games on my friend's 2k~ Rogue and it's even working in that bracket. But I'm just not sure if it's something that would last, you know? I don't have a lot of experience this season above 1500 (lol teamhopping) so I'm not sure if I'm going to need that haste against caster teams or not.

    I don't really buy the whole positioning argument because, I mean, I understand that perspective but at the same time all of those people complain about backstab.

    Beck on
    Lucas's Franklin Badge reflected the lightning back!
  • UnknownSaintUnknownSaint Kasyn Registered User regular
    edited January 2011
    Beck wrote: »
    Expertise is panned pretty hard, especially when a lot of the need for it can be eliminated via positioning.

    I'm finding opponents latency to be an issue, though. I dunno.

    I don't want to gem for it or anything but I'm thinking of going for the expertise neck and especially with the DK change it might be nice.

    But yeah some thought out opinions on that would be cool! It's hard to know what everybody's doing since a lot of the higher level players are logging out in alternative gear sets. :X

    Edit: I've been fooling around with opponent's expertise a bit, forcing them to either save their Kidney shot (which very few people are doing in this bracket (I'm teamhopping a lot right now to try out a bunch of comps before I commit to my serious team)), blow Shadowstep, or risk it on me facing them and it's surprisingly effective. Either I sprint I get mine off (and they never use theirs) or eventually they use theirs out of frustration and it maybe hits, or they miss out. Won a couple games today because of it and it has me seriously considering reforging. Did a few games on my friend's 2k~ Rogue and it's even working in that bracket. But I'm just not sure if it's something that would last, you know? I don't have a lot of experience this season above 1500 (lol teamhopping) so I'm not sure if I'm going to need that haste against caster teams or not.

    I don't really buy the whole positioning argument because, I mean, I understand that perspective but at the same time all of those people complain about backstab.

    Well if I had to rely on a positional attack as a CP builder in PvP I'd complain more about it too. As it stands though it's not too much trouble to run through or around someone for an un-dodged Kidney Shot or something, especially because you should constantly be attempting to get 'em from behind anyhow. It's one of the few ways to deal with an Evasion-ed Rogue.

    I mean if the latency thing is that much of an issue and you think expertise will help that much, by all means - seriously whatever gets the wins. If that's the reason though there isn't much point in asking here because I suspect most Rogues don't gear for latency.

    UnknownSaint on
  • formatformat Registered User regular
    edited January 2011
    No frost mage I have ever faced (warrior) has had a problem keeping me away from them. If you are really complaining about warrior+paladin teams then that is different, because that has been a great comp since season 1. Also didn't blizzard say they weren't aiming to balance around 2v2?

    Was fighting a triple dps team last night and whenever the mage iceblocked he would cancel out early. He did it twice per match and each time he went out early, why would he do that? It was a pretty easy team to defeat so maybe he just was bad.

    edit: also the fact that I have to save Bladestorm just so I wont get frost novad/ring of frosted is kind of stupid.

    format on
    You don't know if I am joking or not.
  • OptyOpty Registered User regular
    edited January 2011
    If you wait inside till it ends the enemy can wind up an attack to hit right when it's gone so if you break early they don't get the chance and you can potentially catch them off guard.

    Opty on
  • formatformat Registered User regular
    edited January 2011
    yeah but against a warrior and rogue? no wind-ups there.

    format on
    You don't know if I am joking or not.
  • OptyOpty Registered User regular
    edited January 2011
    Oh it's an even easier decision then, you just wait until they're out of melee range and then pop it to try and catch them offguard. There's no reason to sit in an ice block while your teammate's getting double teamed by two melee.

    Opty on
  • fortyforty Registered User regular
    edited January 2011
    Beck wrote: »
    Went 5-1 this week. 8)

    Would have been 5-0 but I literally cannot do anything against a fucking Deathknight and I'm so, so very confused as to why they're getting an extra root they don't deserve next patch.
    Was it a frost DK that beat you or unholy?

    forty on
  • Steel-AngelSteel-Angel Registered User regular
    edited January 2011
    frost control was significantly better in high end brackets before cataclysm changes w/ dispel and removal of dispel buffers

    ice lance damage is too high and so is FFB, frostbolt doesn't hit hard enough

    tbqh you don't see mages crying about warlocks or spriests even though we're hard countered by them, i really can't understand the ridiculous entitlement complex of melee where they somehow believe they deserve 100% uptime on all casters even without dispels

    Steel-Angel on
    signaturep.jpg
  • OghulkOghulk Tinychat Janitor TinychatRegistered User regular
    edited January 2011
    format wrote: »
    No frost mage I have ever faced (warrior) has had a problem keeping me away from them. If you are really complaining about warrior+paladin teams then that is different, because that has been a great comp since season 1. Also didn't blizzard say they weren't aiming to balance around 2v2?

    Was fighting a triple dps team last night and whenever the mage iceblocked he would cancel out early. He did it twice per match and each time he went out early, why would he do that? It was a pretty easy team to defeat so maybe he just was bad.

    edit: also the fact that I have to save Bladestorm just so I wont get frost novad/ring of frosted is kind of stupid.

    I cancel out of IB early to get debuffs off, which might've been the case. It's a good way to screw over dot classes (like druids) to IB, range pet freeze, cancel out and deep freeze so that they're stuck there and you're dot free.

    Oghulk on
  • darklite_xdarklite_x I'm not an r-tard... Registered User regular
    edited January 2011
    frost control was significantly better in high end brackets before cataclysm changes w/ dispel and removal of dispel buffers

    ice lance damage is too high and so is FFB, frostbolt doesn't hit hard enough

    tbqh you don't see mages crying about warlocks or spriests even though we're hard countered by them, i really can't understand the ridiculous entitlement complex of melee where they somehow believe they deserve 100% uptime on all casters even without dispels
    I think this 'entitlement' attitude is more of an expectation that as a melee class they will have some uptime on mages, as opposed to the current state of zero.

    darklite_x on
    Steam ID: darklite_x Xbox Gamertag: Darklite 37 PSN:Rage_Kage_37 Battle.Net:darklite#2197
  • BeckBeck Registered User regular
    edited January 2011
    forty wrote: »
    Beck wrote: »
    Went 5-1 this week. 8)

    Would have been 5-0 but I literally cannot do anything against a fucking Deathknight and I'm so, so very confused as to why they're getting an extra root they don't deserve next patch.
    Was it a frost DK that beat you or unholy?

    Unholy. We were winning the mana war but my Priest's positioning was horrible. We ended up going against them again on Nagrand and we won (just ran the Shaman oom) but it was close more than a couple times. We weren't sure if we wanted to start a new team when the Priest buffs come in, or whatever, but it's shit like this that makes me glad we decided to wait.

    Beck on
    Lucas's Franklin Badge reflected the lightning back!
  • WaltWalt Waller Arcane Enchanted Frozen ElectrifiedRegistered User regular
    edited January 2011
    Is anyone doing Rated BGs? My dear pal Sam is running them Horde side and seems to really love them, other than the queues. I'm tempted to gear up for PvP to join them, even though I hate pugging random BGs to gear up.

    Walt on
  • JAEFJAEF Unstoppably Bald Registered User regular
    edited January 2011
    Rated BGs are moderately interesting. Sometimes you actually get an even fight out of them. At the very least you know your whole team is awake and attempting to cooperate, so it's a wild step up from random BGs.

    JAEF on
  • UnknownSaintUnknownSaint Kasyn Registered User regular
    edited January 2011
    frost control was significantly better in high end brackets before cataclysm changes w/ dispel and removal of dispel buffers

    ice lance damage is too high and so is FFB, frostbolt doesn't hit hard enough

    tbqh you don't see mages crying about warlocks or spriests even though we're hard countered by them, i really can't understand the ridiculous entitlement complex of melee where they somehow believe they deserve 100% uptime on all casters even without dispels

    There's a big difference between 100% uptime and not being able to touch a remotely competent.

    Maybe it's more telling of the current mobility problems with Assassination Rogue, but recently someone posted a PvP guide for the class on Arenajunkies. There were detailed strategies for every spec of every class. The advice for fighting Frost Mages? Don't even fucking bother. I don't think that's a good place for any matchup, even if plenty of classes have some hard counters.

    There is honestly no less satisfying feeling in WoW than fighting a not-bad Frost Mage as a non-druid melee class.

    UnknownSaint on
  • WaltWalt Waller Arcane Enchanted Frozen ElectrifiedRegistered User regular
    edited January 2011
    Frost Mages aren't too awful for Retribution with Acts of Sacrifice assuming you don't burn your entire mana bar on cleanse and they don't spellsteal Freedom instantly (spoiler: you will burn your entire mana bar on cleanse and they will spellsteal it instantly)

    Walt on
  • Steel-AngelSteel-Angel Registered User regular
    edited January 2011
    There is honestly no less satisfying feeling in WoW than fighting a not-bad Frost Mage as a non-druid melee class.

    try fighting a not bad affliction warlock as a frost mage then

    it's literally a repeat of S1-S4

    unholy DKs also have an enormous, almost insurmountable advantage against frost if you chain your cooldowns properly (7s strang 7s AMS LOLOLOL)

    same with enhancement shaman

    also tell your healer to not be bad and keep dispelling (DON'T FREEDOM, IT WILL GET STOLEN AND YOU WILL NEVER CATCH HIM IF IT IS) you out of the mage freezes

    every good team at 2.2k+ knows you train the mage and their pressure/control is cut down to near zero

    Steel-Angel on
    signaturep.jpg
  • GrobianGrobian What's on sale? Pliers!Registered User regular
    edited January 2011
    I think that wasn't posted here already:
    Right now some hybrid classes benefit from wearing a pair of 2 piece set bonuses in PvP instead of their 4 piece bonus. We don't much like that behavior though, and we're going to eventually make the two bonuses exclusive so you can only ever have one 2 piece bonus at a time. We're not going to make that change in 4.0.6 as we realize some people have spent a lot of points to buy into the double-2 piece bonuses. However, it is likely we'll make the change at the start of the next PvP season.

    Probably not important right now, but I'll keep it in mind for future gear decisions.

    Grobian on
  • JAEFJAEF Unstoppably Bald Registered User regular
    edited January 2011
    They need to change the shaman caster 4piece to something like 10-15 seconds off the tremor totem CD when they do that because 1.5 off of grounding is total garbage right now. Considering the ridiculous bonuses of some classes, that shit just doesn't cut it.

    JAEF on
  • fortyforty Registered User regular
    edited January 2011
    Beck wrote: »
    forty wrote: »
    Beck wrote: »
    Went 5-1 this week. 8)

    Would have been 5-0 but I literally cannot do anything against a fucking Deathknight and I'm so, so very confused as to why they're getting an extra root they don't deserve next patch.
    Was it a frost DK that beat you or unholy?

    Unholy. We were winning the mana war but my Priest's positioning was horrible. We ended up going against them again on Nagrand and we won (just ran the Shaman oom) but it was close more than a couple times. We weren't sure if we wanted to start a new team when the Priest buffs come in, or whatever, but it's shit like this that makes me glad we decided to wait.
    Well, Unholy DKs aren't getting a root, so you don't have to worry about that.
    JAEF wrote: »
    They need to change the shaman caster 4piece to something like 10-15 seconds off the tremor totem CD when they do that because 1.5 off of grounding is total garbage right now. Considering the ridiculous bonuses of some classes, that shit just doesn't cut it.
    They need to fix quite a few shitty 4-piece bonuses, actually.

    forty on
  • Magic RadioMagic Radio Registered User regular
    edited January 2011
    Losing Tol Barad when you just took the dailies is depressing. Oh, is the cap on defenders lower than the cap on attackers? If not, than no one showed up to defend.

    Magic Radio on
  • OghulkOghulk Tinychat Janitor TinychatRegistered User regular
    edited January 2011
    There is honestly no less satisfying feeling in WoW than fighting a not-bad Frost Mage as a non-druid melee class.

    try fighting a not bad affliction warlock as a frost mage then

    it's literally a repeat of S1-S4

    unholy DKs also have an enormous, almost insurmountable advantage against frost if you chain your cooldowns properly (7s strang 7s AMS LOLOLOL)

    same with enhancement shaman

    also tell your healer to not be bad and keep dispelling (DON'T FREEDOM, IT WILL GET STOLEN AND YOU WILL NEVER CATCH HIM IF IT IS) you out of the mage freezes

    every good team at 2.2k+ knows you train the mage and their pressure/control is cut down to near zero

    Right here is the thing in arenas. If you're training the mage completely, you're not gonna have too many problems with him. If you're leaving him alone then yeah there's a problem.

    Oghulk on
  • fortyforty Registered User regular
    edited January 2011
    Doesn't that kind of apply to every class/spec that can't go bear form/shield + defensive stance while soaking and getting healed, though?

    forty on
  • JutranjoJutranjo Registered User regular
    edited January 2011
    Me, demo warlock with no shadowflame glyphed vs resto shaman in dalaran arena, both teammates dead. Shit ended in a draw, didn't matter the shaman had 0 mana, felhunter, felguard whatever. Fucker cannot be killed, fucking edges all around the whole thing. Stupid pet cannot pathfind for shit.

    Mana drain + dispel water shield? Not enough, he still keeps running and now I got no way to keep him still long enough to cast a HoG.

    Jutranjo on
  • fortyforty Registered User regular
    edited January 2011
    Jutranjo wrote: »
    Me, demo warlock with no shadowflame glyphed vs resto shaman in dalaran arena, both teammates dead. Shit ended in a draw, didn't matter the shaman had 0 mana, felhunter, felguard whatever. Fucker cannot be killed, fucking edges all around the whole thing. Stupid pet cannot pathfind for shit.

    Mana drain + dispel water shield? Not enough, he still keeps running and now I got no way to keep him still long enough to cast a HoG.
    And he couldn't kill you, either. Sounds fair to me.

    forty on
  • JutranjoJutranjo Registered User regular
    edited January 2011
    forty wrote: »
    Jutranjo wrote: »
    Me, demo warlock with no shadowflame glyphed vs resto shaman in dalaran arena, both teammates dead. Shit ended in a draw, didn't matter the shaman had 0 mana, felhunter, felguard whatever. Fucker cannot be killed, fucking edges all around the whole thing. Stupid pet cannot pathfind for shit.

    Mana drain + dispel water shield? Not enough, he still keeps running and now I got no way to keep him still long enough to cast a HoG.
    And he couldn't kill you, either. Sounds fair to me.

    45 minutes for a draw isn't fair.

    Jutranjo on
  • fortyforty Registered User regular
    edited January 2011
    Jutranjo wrote: »
    forty wrote: »
    Jutranjo wrote: »
    Me, demo warlock with no shadowflame glyphed vs resto shaman in dalaran arena, both teammates dead. Shit ended in a draw, didn't matter the shaman had 0 mana, felhunter, felguard whatever. Fucker cannot be killed, fucking edges all around the whole thing. Stupid pet cannot pathfind for shit.

    Mana drain + dispel water shield? Not enough, he still keeps running and now I got no way to keep him still long enough to cast a HoG.
    And he couldn't kill you, either. Sounds fair to me.

    45 minutes for a draw isn't fair.
    Well, that's been a fundamental problem with arenas since 2.0. There used to be nothing to stop games from going indefinitely. Eventually they put in a time limit, but it's still a ridiculous amount of time for a single game.

    Just one of the many reasons arenas are terrible.

    Edit: What should be the outcome in that scenario though? Both teams get a win? Just give both teams a clump of CPs to justify all that time spent?

    forty on
  • Just Some DudeJust Some Dude Registered User regular
    edited January 2011
    When this used to happen to my team (and it happened quite a bit as resto druid/warlock) I'd have my dead lock roll an alt on their server and message the other team and we'd roll for it or level duel something.

    Just Some Dude on
    Cog in the machine Cog Herder
  • JAEFJAEF Unstoppably Bald Registered User regular
    edited January 2011
    I had a fun 45 minute resto shaman vs mage draw. And by fun I mean excruciatingly boring.

    JAEF on
  • UnknownSaintUnknownSaint Kasyn Registered User regular
    edited January 2011
    Jesus fucking Christ why do I even do anything except concede in 2v2 when the other team has a Resto Shaman. Patch can't come soon enough, ES being undispellable alone is going to be huge. And you fucking know a class is OP when they can get complete dispel immunity on a charged heal and it's somehow a nerf. Fuck your Riptide HoT!

    Combat PvP after the patch is going to look incredibly tempting if I didn't already have a Vicious MH dagger. Perma-BF - while it would have some serious liability in the way of breaking CC - could eat through pet classes quite nicely, as well as pressure the healer by murdering clumped up opponents

    UnknownSaint on
  • Redcoat-13Redcoat-13 Registered User regular
    edited January 2011
    Losing Tol Barad when you just took the dailies is depressing. Oh, is the cap on defenders lower than the cap on attackers? If not, than no one showed up to defend.

    I saw my side lose when defending. When I looked at the map, I saw people all over the place, I guess trying to defend the towers in an attempt to not have the game go on for 30 mins. Or just sucking.

    I've also been in a game when we won in 5 mins. I was amazed. We had some horde fight north and alliance kept on spawning and heading back there, while we took the other 2 bases. Then North got hit hard and we won.

    re: 2vs2 and the draw. If you do that bracket, you can't be surprised when rubbish like that happens. You couldn't kill him and he couldn't kill you (I doubt a resto shaman could kill anything in pvp nowadays, what with all the self healing nearly everyone has).

    Redcoat-13 on
    PSN Fleety2009
  • BeckBeck Registered User regular
    edited January 2011
    forty wrote: »
    Beck wrote: »
    forty wrote: »
    Beck wrote: »
    Went 5-1 this week. 8)

    Would have been 5-0 but I literally cannot do anything against a fucking Deathknight and I'm so, so very confused as to why they're getting an extra root they don't deserve next patch.
    Was it a frost DK that beat you or unholy?

    Unholy. We were winning the mana war but my Priest's positioning was horrible. We ended up going against them again on Nagrand and we won (just ran the Shaman oom) but it was close more than a couple times. We weren't sure if we wanted to start a new team when the Priest buffs come in, or whatever, but it's shit like this that makes me glad we decided to wait.
    Well, Unholy DKs aren't getting a root, so you don't have to worry about that.
    JAEF wrote: »
    They need to change the shaman caster 4piece to something like 10-15 seconds off the tremor totem CD when they do that because 1.5 off of grounding is total garbage right now. Considering the ridiculous bonuses of some classes, that shit just doesn't cut it.
    They need to fix quite a few shitty 4-piece bonuses, actually.

    That's good to know, actually.

    Actually, does anybody run frost in 2s? If so, which comps? I'm guessing it's a DPS/DPS thing?

    Beck on
    Lucas's Franklin Badge reflected the lightning back!
  • Just Some DudeJust Some Dude Registered User regular
    edited January 2011
    Redcoat-13 wrote: »
    re: 2vs2 and the draw. If you do that bracket, you can't be surprised when rubbish like that happens. You couldn't kill him and he couldn't kill you (I doubt a resto shaman could kill anything in pvp nowadays, what with all the self healing nearly everyone has).

    Back during season 3(? I think) there was a 2v2 team consisting of two resto druids with the name something like <We Have 4 Hours Do U>

    Just Some Dude on
    Cog in the machine Cog Herder
  • UnknownSaintUnknownSaint Kasyn Registered User regular
    edited January 2011
    Beck wrote: »
    forty wrote: »
    Beck wrote: »
    forty wrote: »
    Beck wrote: »
    Went 5-1 this week. 8)

    Would have been 5-0 but I literally cannot do anything against a fucking Deathknight and I'm so, so very confused as to why they're getting an extra root they don't deserve next patch.
    Was it a frost DK that beat you or unholy?

    Unholy. We were winning the mana war but my Priest's positioning was horrible. We ended up going against them again on Nagrand and we won (just ran the Shaman oom) but it was close more than a couple times. We weren't sure if we wanted to start a new team when the Priest buffs come in, or whatever, but it's shit like this that makes me glad we decided to wait.
    Well, Unholy DKs aren't getting a root, so you don't have to worry about that.
    JAEF wrote: »
    They need to change the shaman caster 4piece to something like 10-15 seconds off the tremor totem CD when they do that because 1.5 off of grounding is total garbage right now. Considering the ridiculous bonuses of some classes, that shit just doesn't cut it.
    They need to fix quite a few shitty 4-piece bonuses, actually.

    That's good to know, actually.

    Actually, does anybody run frost in 2s? If so, which comps? I'm guessing it's a DPS/DPS thing?

    I'm seeing Frost / Mutilate pop up this season and it has some pretty good success, though Sub would probably work really well too. Both you and the Rogue are very tricky to handle in the critical time where you want to drop somebody as double DPS.

    UnknownSaint on
  • JAEFJAEF Unstoppably Bald Registered User regular
    edited January 2011
    Just got out of another 40 minute 2's match that ended in a draw, rsham/mage vs rsham/arms.

    In the end we were just running laps around each other on our mounts because it was pointless.

    JAEF on
  • StericaSterica Yes Registered User, Moderator mod
    edited January 2011
    In the early days of arena, you had a sudden death occur where tornadoes would crop up and speed up the process.

    This is also why arena is going to struggle as an esport. Pretty sure the arena games at Blizzcon took forever because one match ended in a draw and they had to rematch.

    Healer mana needs to run out unless the dps is doing something ridiculously wrong, and healers should get a generous dps boost if only because soloing as healer is back to vanilla levels of suck. It's like they just forgot about why they consolidated spell power.

    EDIT: An example (from 2v2 though) is Arms/Resto going against Paladin/Sub rogue. Despite the Paladin having maybe 3k mana, he was able to keep the rogue up. Despite forcing more heals on the rogue, we had to wait and set up multiple CC chains to finish off the rogue. If something went wrong (trinket, Bash missed, etc.) the paladin come out BETTER because he got some mana regen in and his might instant heals saved the day.

    The new healing system is just totally broken in PvP.

    Sterica on
    YL9WnCY.png
  • Steel-AngelSteel-Angel Registered User regular
    edited January 2011
    JAEF wrote: »
    Just got out of another 40 minute 2's match that ended in a draw, rsham/mage vs rsham/arms.

    In the end we were just running laps around each other on our mounts because it was pointless.

    what bracket are you playing in because the warrior could've easily crapped all over the mage with rsham dispels/purges on barrier/shocks

    edit: playing frost/affliction 2v2, shit is pretty goddamn awesome; went 9-1

    Steel-Angel on
    signaturep.jpg
  • JAEFJAEF Unstoppably Bald Registered User regular
    edited January 2011
    JAEF wrote: »
    Just got out of another 40 minute 2's match that ended in a draw, rsham/mage vs rsham/arms.

    In the end we were just running laps around each other on our mounts because it was pointless.

    what bracket are you playing in because the warrior could've easily crapped all over the mage with rsham dispels/purges on barrier/shocks

    edit: playing frost/affliction 2v2, shit is pretty goddamn awesome; went 9-1
    ...bracket? We're 2050ish. At near-maxed levels of resilience, coupled with the fact that they can remove my only full CC (hex) but have two that I have to trinket out of or dispel from the warrior (in addition to any other debuffs he has) makes infinite kiting very possible. Sure if we get a window of perfect CC, burst, crits etc. we can take down the mage. Hell the warrior nearly tanked the shaman a few times. In the end it's just too much CC and too little damage from the other team (I'm shm/war)

    80% of my time was spent cleansing frost debuffs from the warrior. Pretty dumb.

    Oh and Paladin healing nerfs should be nice for PvP as well (unless you're a holy Pally), preventing them from being the unlimited fonts of healing they currently are.

    JAEF on
Sign In or Register to comment.