Options

lets play world of warcraft or something (yes we are still playing it)

13»

• Options
    OwenashiOwenashi Registered User regular
    edited July 2009
    So what new places are we going to get in the next expansion? Places listed so far by fans include...

- The Emerald Dream: Blizzard supposedly updated the old files related to this in the latest 3.2 PTR patch, but they could be just adding it now to save space on the expansion-installation files.
    - Nazjatar: The Naga capital and most likely top raid-zone for the expansion if it's based on the Maelstrom since it's located right under it. Probably use water-breathing magic as an excuse for players being able to do stuff there though if Ulduar's vehicle-section proves to be popular enough, it'd be fun to have a similar section involving Gnome/Goblin-made submarines.
    - Kul Tiras: Birthplace of Jaina Proudmoore and probable Alliance-based jumping point to the expansion's zones. I say 'probable' since Jaina had a hand in her father's death, leaving her unseen brother in charge of the island, a brother who's ill feelings towards Jaina might extend to the Alliance.
    - Gilneas: The other Human kingdom that hasn't been properly seen. With it's boundary wall right next to Shadowfang Keep and a village of Worgen-by-night NPCs, a lot of players assume the whole kingdom's crawling with them. WoW-Wiki's entry on the kingdom also makes note of a rumor heard by Brann Bronzebeard that it's Naga running (more or less) around Gilneas instead, something that'd tie the zone much more to a Maelstrom-based expansion.

Anyone else heard anything when it comes to potential new zones that I've missed?

Owenashi on
  • Options
    LoomdunLoomdun Registered User regular
    edited July 2009
    Mount hyjial is still closed off (even if theres the raid version)

which could potentially be made as the link between the emeral dream with some crazyy lore and stuffs

Loomdun on
    splat
  • Options
    KazhiimKazhiim __BANNED USERS regular
    edited July 2009
    but you can already go to the emerald dream in a quest

it's not that great

Kazhiim on
    lost_sig2.png
  • Options
    RanxRanx Registered User regular
    edited July 2009
    probably going to be maelstrom with goblins and wolfmen as new races, undermine the new neutral city, kul tiras the alliance jump point, and maybe that troll island as a horde jumping point

Ranx on
  • Options
    NikolaiNikolai SSSSSSSSSSS Registered User regular
    edited July 2009
    if i rolled up on cho'gall what are the actual chances of my getting to raid
    Almost guaranteed if you show up and Wednesday for the 25 man

Nikolai on
    xXNXOA7.png?1
  • Options
    edited July 2009
    Ranx wrote: »
    probably going to be maelstrom with goblins and wolfmen as new races, undermine the new neutral city, kul tiras the alliance jump point, and maybe that troll island as a horde jumping point

Zandalar, yeah. It'd be very sweet for Troll players to have a major friendly hub based on their race. Mind you, if the Trolls get something like that, then the Gnome players are gonna complain for one of their own.

Owenashi on
  • Options
    edited July 2009
    yeah but really if you think about it, that little troll island off the coast of durotar should really be a whole lot bigger according to lore

Ranx on
  • Options
    KusuguttaiKusuguttai __BANNED USERS regular
    edited July 2009
    gnomes should just get gnomeragan back

Kusuguttai on
  • Options
    edited July 2009
    yeah but would that make sense having another city so close to ironforge

Ranx on
  • Options
    KusuguttaiKusuguttai __BANNED USERS regular
    edited July 2009
    Ranx wrote: »
    yeah but would that make sense having another city so close to ironforge

fine give them a new city

newmeragan

Kusuguttai on
  • Options
    edited July 2009
    I still feel they oughta give the Gnomes an island with a volcano to create their own mad scientist city on. It'd have magma much like Ironforge but be more tropical and have various mad-scientist-island-lab cliches all over the place.

Owenashi on
  • Options
    babyeatingjesusbabyeatingjesus Registered User regular
    edited July 2009
    did you guys get that naxx run going?

babyeatingjesus on
    hitthatcheeseburgerfatty.gif
  • Options
    captainkcaptaink TexasRegistered User regular
    edited July 2009
    Yeah we're on 4h.

captaink on