As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Rogue Trader (wh40k) RP-- Get your ass to the in-character wave! Seriously!

• Options
    simonwolfsimonwolf i can feel a difference today, a differenceRegistered User regular
    edited January 2010
    There's still spots to join the session, what, when did this happen, why was I not informed

simonwolf on
  • Options
    DouglasDangerDouglasDanger PennsylvaniaRegistered User regular
    edited January 2010
    I don't know if there are open spots or not. You need to see the OP and talk to our GM. I was trying to figure out what the hell Lucedes was doing.

DouglasDanger on
  • Options
    psycojesterpsycojester Registered User regular
    edited January 2010
    At this stage we've got 5 players, which is about as many as i feel comfortable handling first time around, if anybody drops out you'll be top of the list for replacement though.

psycojester on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    simonwolfsimonwolf i can feel a difference today, a differenceRegistered User regular
    edited January 2010
    Guess I need to start Operation: Douglassassination early, then

simonwolf on
  • Options
    AsherAsher Registered User regular
    edited January 2010
    I'd be down for watching your adventure. Y'know, so I can steal all your good ideas.

Asher on
    I put models on Instagram now: asher_paints
  • Options
    edited January 2010
    simonwolf wrote: »
    Guess I need to start Operation: Douglassassination early, then

There is another game recruiting right now, on this very forum even.

DouglasDanger on
  • Options
    LucedesLucedes might be real Registered User regular
    edited January 2010
    I was trying to figure out what the hell Lucedes was doing.

Many people have this reaction to me.

I just wanted a Wave invite, for reasons unrelated to the main thread entirely, and because it was mentioned in the title I rightly assumed someone in the thread had at least one invite. I apologize for posting off-topic.

Lucedes on
  • Options
    edited January 2010
    Okay everybody bar Zetetic sucks at remembering monday.

psycojester on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    GothicLargoGothicLargo Registered User regular
    edited January 2010
    Ooooooh Rogue Trader. Just got that book yesterday (I'm pissed now because I found the copy I got had a tear, but it's taped now).

I see you're full up for your team but once I get on wave (I'm working on that myself) I want to follow your campaign.

I like the new "choose one from each" approach to character creation then the "ok, make up a character" style used in Dark Heresy.

GothicLargo on
    atfc.jpg
  • Options
    edited January 2010
    Okay everybody bar Zetetic sucks at remembering monday.

Sorry, I had a hell of a weekend and slept in late, got home from work and went right to bed.

Does Zanus Hieronymus sound like Anus Enormous? Dammit, I think it does.

DouglasDanger on
  • Options
    edited January 2010
    Douglas and Darkside if you use MSN can you please PM me your contact info, it'll make it a whole lot easier than having people sitting around twiddling their thumbs and waiting in the wave.

psycojester on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    edited January 2010
    Douglas and Darkside if you use MSN can you please PM me your contact info, it'll make it a whole lot easier than having people sitting around twiddling their thumbs and waiting in the wave.

Could we use one of the google things instead? I already have that stuff.

DouglasDanger on
  • Options
    Dark_SideDark_Side Registered User regular
    edited January 2010
    Sent you my contact info. Just tell me the time I need to be there and I'll do my best to make it work.

Dark_Side on
  • Options
    edited January 2010
    Yeah, Gchat then.

psycojester on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    notmetalenoughnotmetalenough Registered User regular
    edited January 2010
    If it wouldn't be a bother, I'd like an invite to the wave. I don't want to play but I'd like to see a RT game go down as I might be running one with my local group. I promise not to fill your wave with photos of dicks.

notmetalenough on
    Samael the Radiant Faced-- Official Naming, Going Nuclear, Click on the Quest, Make She Run and Guild Measurements Officer - Clawshrimp & Co, Draenor-US
  • Options
    Zetetic ElenchZetetic Elench Registered User regular
    edited January 2010
    I promise not to fill your wave with photos of dicks.

So specific a threat cannot be empty...

Zetetic Elench on
    nemosig.png
  • Options
    edited January 2010
    So how do you fellows feel about a Friday afternoon evening session? I know I should be free.

Dark_Side on
  • Options
    edited January 2010
    Friday afternoon works out to saturday morning for me, so that's fine by me.

psycojester on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    edited January 2010
    Dark_Side wrote: »
    So how do you fellows feel about a Friday afternoon evening session? I know I should be free.

I'm -5GMT (pennsylvania, usa), and work second shift. I can play in the morning, from 8 or 8 until around 12 or 1, and again at night from midnight to 2 or 3.

DouglasDanger on
  • Options
    edited January 2010
    Hmm, if you can't make it to the first session but everybody else can, then your character can stay up on the ship and we'll play through your scene when it's convenient for you.

psycojester on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    edited January 2010
    Hmm, if you can't make it to the first session but everybody else can, then your character can stay up on the ship and we'll play through your scene when it's convenient for you.

That works. Can we all update our available times in the Wave? I think I might have deleted them by accident when we started.

DouglasDanger on
  • Options
    edited January 2010
    If i don't hear something from Etherwind soon he's going to be replaced.

psycojester on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    edited January 2010
    I have company coming down for the weekend some time tomorrow, so Saturday and Sunday are probably out. Will you be around later tonight, pj? I'm talking... about 14 hours from right now.

DouglasDanger on
  • Options
    edited January 2010
    Ok, so I'm home now and have the wave open, I'll be checking it periodically between running errands and doing other crap this afternoon, if we get a couple of ya in, we can start up an actual round.

Dark_Side on
  • Options
    edited January 2010
    Since trying to organise a time has worked out poorly, i've now inserted a contact info section into the wave. Stick an IM service address into there (preferably one that you have logged in a lot) so that it's easier to chase each other up when they aren't camping the wave.

psycojester on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    edited January 2010
    Did anything happen over the weekend? Guys were going to play Friday I think. Is there an in-character wave yet?

DouglasDanger on
  • Options
    edited January 2010
    DouglasDanger on
  • Options
    edited January 2010
    Did anything happen over the weekend? Guys were going to play Friday I think. Is there an in-character wave yet?

No one showed, I camped that thing practically all day Friday.

Dark_Side on
  • Options
    edited January 2010
    Dark_Side wrote: »

No one showed, I camped that thing practically all day Friday.

Yeah, I worked until 11, and then my parents came down for the weekend.

We need to update our availability in the Wave, and put in other contact info. Only a couple of us have done that.

DouglasDanger on
  • Options
    edited January 2010
    PJ has started an in-character wave. Let's get this rolling, guys.

DouglasDanger on
  • Options
    edited January 2010
    Indeed, make post, my guy is just hiding in the corner making love to his drink.

Dark_Side on
  • Options
    CatroCatro Registered User new member
    edited January 2010
    Could I get an invite for the wave as well? Just picked up the book and would love to see it in action.

Erik.h.burg@gmail.com

Catro on
  • Options
    edited January 2010
    We need to decide what are attitude is. Hail Emperor, Heretics... somewhere in between? Zan is from an ancient Navigator house, so he is at odds with the Ecclesiarchy. House Hieronymus participated in the Great Crusade, and believes the Emprah was the greatest mortal to have ever lived. Navigators rely on the Imperium to survive, and House Hieronymus will "fly the eagle" or whatever you want to call it.

Zan is a good-hearted scoundrel, he won't work with Chaos, but he will work with outlaws and xenos and the like. He's sort of a merry rogue with a brooding problem. Seeing your brother and his assistants torn to shred by warp monsters will do that to a guy.

DouglasDanger on
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    If we don't hear from Zetetic Elench by monday we're going to be looking for a replacement Voidmaster for our Googlewave Rogue Trader game, anybody interested?

psycojester on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    PolloDiabloPolloDiablo Registered User regular
    edited February 2010
    I'd be willing to try it out if nobody more experienced wants to. I'm only slightly familiar with the RT rules, but I know Dark Heresy, so I figure I can learn them pretty quickly.

PolloDiablo on
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    Welcome aboard, do you need a Googlewave invite?

psycojester on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    PolloDiabloPolloDiablo Registered User regular
    edited February 2010
    Nope, I'm already on it. I'll have to dig up my username.

PolloDiablo on
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    And before we begin are you planning on moving to another country in the next few weeks, deployed in an active warzone, likely to embark in a peyote fueled vision quest or otherwise engaged in a game that is moving at a considerable speed and would generally require about a post every day or so from you?

psycojester on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    Arg, Chrome will not open, and Wave murders firefox on this computer.

Perhaps Pollo should be prepared to play a different character too, in case Zet shows up over the weekend.

Do we have a npc seneschal to assist the Captain in day to day affairs?

DouglasDanger on
  • Options
    Zetetic ElenchZetetic Elench Registered User regular
    edited February 2010
    At the time we got together and made characters, I didn't know I was going to be moving back to England. Breakups are stupid like that. Sorry duders. I figured I might be able to find time to get properly into it, but yeah, sorry, probably best if I pass Veridighun on to someone who can do him justice. Or at least kill him off in a suitably dramatic and gory fashion.

It sucks. But I'll still follow with interest, to be sure.

Zetetic Elench on
    nemosig.png