As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

NFL

• Kuribo's ShoeKuribo's Shoe Kuribo's Stocking North PoleRegistered User regular
    edited January 2007
    RedTide wrote:
    RedTide wrote:
    man, the titans were so close. that sucks. now which team do I root for? the jets, I guess

Ahem.

the giants are the reason Carolina didn't make it

also they beat them for the first time this year

so I am mad with the Giants

MAD WITH THEM

Listen.

It's not my fault that your team had to be one of the two to lose to us in the entire second half of the year. Just be grateful we beat someone else so that you wouldn't have to shoulder that one alone. Besides, you totally owe me one.

well, they're playing philly and if there's two teams I hate it's dallas and philly

so

okay

Kuribo's Shoe on
    xmassig2.gif
  • RedTideRedTide Registered User regular
    edited January 2007
    RedTide wrote:
    RedTide wrote:
    man, the titans were so close. that sucks. now which team do I root for? the jets, I guess

Ahem.

the giants are the reason Carolina didn't make it

also they beat them for the first time this year

so I am mad with the Giants

MAD WITH THEM

Listen.

It's not my fault that your team had to be one of the two to lose to us in the entire second half of the year. Just be grateful we beat someone else so that you wouldn't have to shoulder that one alone. Besides, you totally owe me one.

well, they're playing philly and if there's two teams I hate it's dallas and philly

so

okay

In all honesty I just don't want us to lose to either of our division rivals. I'm not asking for anything else.

RedTide on
    RedTide#1907 on Battle.net
    Come Overwatch with meeeee
  • Kuribo's ShoeKuribo's Shoe Kuribo's Stocking North PoleRegistered User regular
    edited January 2007
    FortyTwo wrote:
    Gigglio wrote:
    Oh god dammit Indy has to play Larry Johnson.
    shiiiiit
    At least they don't have to play at Arrowhead...

AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAAAAaaaaaaaaaaaaaa

yeah that is a bad matchup for the Colts.

I think, because of that, the Chiefs upset the Colts, then lose to the Ravens in Baltimore

The Jets will ride the Mangini wave through New England and land in San Diego

Leaving NY @ SD and KC @ BAL

BAL beats KC easily, again. SD handles the Jets

leaving BAL @ SD for the AFC championship.

That would be a great game.

these obvious predictions didn't work so well last year

I think it'd be funnier if San Diego or Baltimore chokes and the Jets or the Chiefs go to the superbowl

Kuribo's Shoe on
    xmassig2.gif
    edited January 2007
    FortyTwo wrote:
    Gigglio wrote:
    shiiiiit

I think, because of that, the Chiefs upset the Colts, then lose to the Ravens in Baltimore

I think it'd be funnier if San Diego or Baltimore chokes and the Jets or the Chiefs go to the superbowl

My secret hope is for the Giants and Jets both to sneak into the Super Bowl this year. I've already dubbed it "The East Coast Mediocrity Bowl".

I'd even print up banners.

RedTide on
  • sarksark Registered User regular
    edited January 2007
    holy crap! KC made it!

Now, someone tell Trent Green to stop playing like a retard.

LJ vs Indy's rush defense? I like those odds.

sark on
    tron4.png
  • FortyTwoFortyTwo strongest man in the world The Land of Pleasant Living Registered User regular
    edited January 2007
    FortyTwo wrote:
    Gigglio wrote:
    shiiiiit

It would be funnier yes. But all of these matchups in the AFC are SO lopsided.

if the Colts hold off the Chiefs things could get interesting in Baltimore the next week.

The Jets have skunked the chargers before in the playoffs before, and the Pats could turn it on at any time.

But the lack of a Denver or a Cinci in the AFC (two teams that could just turn it on and be unstopable at any time) make them a little more straight forward in my opinion.

FortyTwo on
    edited January 2007
    FortyTwo wrote:
    FortyTwo wrote:
    Gigglio wrote:
    shiiiiit

It would be funnier yes. But all of these matchups in the AFC are SO lopsided.

if the Colts hold off the Chiefs things could get interesting in Baltimore the next week.

The Jets have skunked the chargers before in the playoffs before, and the Pats could turn it on at any time.

But the lack of a Denver or a Cinci in the AFC (two teams that could just turn it on and be unstopable at any time) make them a little more straight forward in my opinion.

In retrospect, Cinci was more then a little overrated this season.

Again.

RedTide on
    edited January 2007
    the entire afc is overrated.

Kuribo's Shoe on
    xmassig2.gif
  • FortyTwoFortyTwo strongest man in the world The Land of Pleasant Living Registered User regular
    edited January 2007
    I disagree, they have a lot of talent and under performed. Big time.

They were a game away, a missed snap away from the playoffs, and they are a team that could have caused some havoc.

They need one defensive stud, a real defensive playmaker to rally around and they could be really real next year.

FortyTwo on
    edited January 2007
    the entire afc is overrated.

You're just saying that because the entire NFC sucks

FortyTwo on
  • Anime OwnsAnime Owns Registered User regular
    edited January 2007
    Looking at their stats/rankings, KC is a pretty average team as far as AFC teams go. Outside of LJ, their offense isn't that great. I even watched them shit the bed against the Steelers earlier this season (a game that they owe me money for..).

Should be a good game. I'm not really sure what to expect. On one hand, the Colts are nigh unstoppable on offense, especially at home. On the other, KC has LJ.

I guess we'll see.

Anime Owns on
    edited January 2007
    Gigglio wrote:
    Looking at their stats/rankings, KC is a pretty average team as far as AFC teams go. Outside of LJ, their offense isn't that great. I even watched them shit the bed against the Steelers earlier this season (a game that they owe me money for..).

Should be a good game. I'm not really sure what to expect. On one hand, the Colts are nigh unstoppable on offense, especially at home. On the other, KC has LJ.

I guess we'll see.

We also shit the bed against Cleveland. Cleveland.

KC is very average. LJ is great, but our o-line isn't very good. Trent has looked mediocre at best since he's come back.

Our defense has the same problem it had last season; we can't get any sort of pressure from our DT's. The defense is better this year, but the lack of production from our DT's really hurts our pass coverage.

Hali and Allen need to have a really good game against Indy.

Edwards lacks a killer instinct. If we're up by 3, he's content to win by 3. He'll pull the reigns on the offense, and ask the defense to win it. Luckily, even with run - run - pass, LJ is still good enough to keep us going.

Solari is terrible play caller. See: run - run - pass.

sark on
    tron4.png
    edited January 2007
    To be fair, the Colts did lose to the Texans and the Titans (both by field goals). And LJ is going to have a freaking career game if the linebackers decide to have an 'off' game. I just hope to god Sanders comes back. I rarely see him miss tackles, and that's something the Colts really need right now.

And don't be surprised if Dante Hall has either a punt or kick return for a touchdown. Colts' special teams hasn't been playing all that well lately.

Anime Owns on
  • BarcardiBarcardi All the Wizards Under A Rock: AfganistanRegistered User regular
    edited January 2007
    is anyone watching the green bay game?

grossman just threw another interception returned for a touchdown and farve is making john madden proud.

Barcardi on
    edited January 2007
    Barcardi wrote:

grossman just threw another interception returned for a touchdown and farve is making john madden proud.

jesus. 2/12 33 yards 3 interceptions.

sark on
    tron4.png
  • matt has a problemmatt has a problem Points to 'off' Points to 'on'Registered User regular
    edited January 2007
    sark wrote:
    Barcardi wrote:

jesus. 2/12 33 yards 3 interceptions.
    The fake punt was nice at least...

matt has a problem on
    nibXTE7.png
  • JordynJordyn Really, Commander? Probing Uranus. Registered User regular
    edited January 2007
    He's thrown more balls to the other team.

Jordyn on
    thumbsupguy-1.jpg
    JordynNolz.com <- All my blogs (Shepard, Wasted, J'onn, DCAU) are here now!
  • ShimShamShimSham Registered User regular
    edited January 2007
    Fuck YES, for the Packers for just embarrassing a Chicago team that wasn't actually resting their starters at the beginning.

Hah.

Bastards

ShimSham on
    QcGKhPm.jpg
  • suttbeckssuttbecks Registered User regular
    edited January 2007
    SEXY REXY GROSSMAN UNLEASHED THE DRAGON

2 COMPLETED PASSES

3 INTERCEPTIONS

0.0 QUARTERBACK RATING

ALL HUGE PENIS

suttbecks on
  • A duck!A duck! Moderator, ClubPA mod
    edited January 2007
    suttbecks wrote:

2 COMPLETED PASSES

3 INTERCEPTIONS

0.0 QUARTERBACK RATING

ALL HUGE PENIS

And yet there's still going to be arguments that they shouldn't bench the dude.

A duck! on
    edited January 2007
    A duck! wrote:
    suttbecks wrote:

2 COMPLETED PASSES

3 INTERCEPTIONS

0.0 QUARTERBACK RATING

ALL HUGE PENIS

griese wasn't much better

he had a 75 yard TD, but other than that he had 2 INTs in close proximity to the end zone

suttbecks on
  • ShimShamShimSham Registered User regular
    edited January 2007
    I'm easily having one of the best nights evarrrrrrrrrr.

:o:o:o:o:o

ShimSham on
    QcGKhPm.jpg
    edited January 2007
    suttbecks wrote:
    A duck! wrote:
    suttbecks wrote:

2 COMPLETED PASSES

3 INTERCEPTIONS

0.0 QUARTERBACK RATING

ALL HUGE PENIS

griese wasn't much better

he had a 75 yard TD, but other than that he had 2 INTs in close proximity to the end zone

I know, but Grossman is like the Anti-Dilfer. Instead of being a serviceable QB who doesn't destroy his team he looks like he is actively trying to kill the Bears. There are stretches where opposing teams could just take a knee on offense and Grossman would win the game for them.

Literally.

A duck! on
  • quazz4lifequazz4life Registered User regular
    edited January 2007
    Most people seem to forget that SD beat Indy at Indy last year.
    The SD team this year is better than the team last year, so the only real obstacle this year, would be the Ravens. We've already seen that the Ravens can stop LT.
    Bolts/Ravens @ AFC championships.

I'd still like to see a Saints/Chargers superbowl. Brees VS the team that dumped him in the offseason.

quazz4life on
    Subsiste Sermonem Statim
  • Clint EastwoodClint Eastwood My baby's in there someplace She crawled right inRegistered User regular
    edited January 2007
    god damnit bengals you fuckups

i piss on you

Clint Eastwood on
    edited January 2007
    their regular field goal unit couldn't make bail sry

suttbecks on
    edited January 2007
    quazz4life wrote:

I sure as hell haven't forgotten that.

We'll see what happens.

Anime Owns on
    edited January 2007
    Cloudman wrote:
    god damnit bengals you fuckups

i piss on you

Would paying off local cops to keep your fuckup team out of jail count against the cap? I think the Bengals need to look into that one.

A duck! on
    edited January 2007
    Gigglio wrote:
    quazz4life wrote:

I sure as hell haven't forgotten that.

We'll see what happens.

LT and Rivers were roughed up today. I hope the extra week off will see them well.

quazz4life on
    Subsiste Sermonem Statim
  • Clint EastwoodClint Eastwood My baby's in there someplace She crawled right inRegistered User regular
    edited January 2007
    you know, some dude from gnt made a sig bet that if the bengals didn't make it to the AFC championship he'd cut his balls off and eat them

man, that sucks

Clint Eastwood on
    edited January 2007
    Cloudman wrote:
    you know, some dude from gnt made a sig bet that if the bengals didn't make it to the AFC championship he'd cut his balls off and eat them

man, that sucks

It's obvious that god hates him, so he had the Bengals lose.

quazz4life on
    Subsiste Sermonem Statim
    edited January 2007
    quazz4life wrote:
    Cloudman wrote:

man, that sucks

It's obvious that god hates him, so he had the Bengals lose.
    yeah well it's obvious that you should shut up

Clint Eastwood on
    edited January 2007
    There need to be more Colts fans on this board.

small market teams!! argggggh.gif

Anime Owns on
    edited January 2007
    Cloudman wrote:
    yeah well it's obvious that you should shut up

Bengals fan?
    Sorry to hear that.

quazz4life on
    Subsiste Sermonem Statim
    edited January 2007
    Gigglio wrote:
    There need to be more Colts fans on this board.

small market teams!! argggggh.gif

I have a lot of respect for the Colts. I just don't think they'll make it far in the playoffs with the defense they have.
    Hopefully, they can get some good guys in the offseason. It would be a real shame if Peyton did a Marino.

quazz4life on
    Subsiste Sermonem Statim
  • Triple BTriple B Bastard of the North MARegistered User regular
    edited January 2007
    Bengals can't stay out of jail, lol

Also, thank you, San Francisco for eliminating the Broncos.

Triple B on
    Steam/XBL/PSN: FiveAgainst1
  • _tepid__tepid_ Registered User regular
    edited January 2007
    Raiders #1 pick.

AFC West = Raiders next season with Art Shell the leader.

_tepid_ on
    The proposed legislation stems from an investigation into an Enumclaw, Wash., farm, where a 45-year-old man died on July 2 from internal bleeding due to a perforated colon resulting from having sex with a horse.
  • DynagripDynagrip Break me a million hearts HoustonRegistered User, ClubPA regular
    edited January 2007
    I have totally spaced on football and like real world events the past 5 days.

Dynagrip on
  • SUPERSUGASUPERSUGA Registered User regular
    edited January 2007
    I've adopted the Colts as my team as I like their style of play :^:. This is coming from a Brit with limited understanding of the game who's played far more games of Madden than watched actual games of Football. I'm starting to get into it now I understand it all, just a shame it's always on TV at retarded hours here. It's pretty rare for me to stay awake till the end of a match when it goes on till 5am.

Lions are my NFC team but they suck, right?

SUPERSUGA on
  • DynagripDynagrip Break me a million hearts HoustonRegistered User, ClubPA regular
    edited January 2007
    SUPERSUGA wrote:
    I've adopted the Colts as my team as I like their style of play :^:. This is coming from a Brit with limited understanding of the game who's played far more games of Madden than watched actual games of Football. I'm starting to get into it now I understand it all, just a shame it's always on TV at retarded hours here. It's pretty rare for me to stay awake till the end of a match when it goes on till 5am.

Lions are my NFC team but they suck, right?
    Uh, Colts have like one of the softest run defenses like in the NFL. This means that one game in bad weather and they are fucking toast.

The Lions are really really bad, in a variety of excruciating ways. Why are they "your" team right now? Why not the Bears or uh...fuck, man, the NFC is fucking horrific this year.

If you like the Colts, I'd bet you'd like the Chargers even better. I'm all about the Ravens because I want Steve McNair to get his damn ring. The man has taken a beating playing the game and he's a bad ass, seriously.

Dynagrip on
This discussion has been closed.