As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

NFL

• variantvariant Registered User regular
    edited January 2007
    Man, I dont even follow greenbay but for some reason after watching yesterday's game I really want to know whether Favre will be coming back or not...

Moving on, I'm hoping for
    Chargers vs. Bears or Saints Superbowl.

variant on
  • JasconiusJasconius sword criminal mad onlineRegistered User regular
    edited January 2007
    They sucked badly the first half of the year, and then they won their last 4, I guess they found the problems and made changes.

Best case scenario, they spend their 28 million dollars of cap room next year and make a superbowl run with Favre.

Jasconius on
  • SUPERSUGASUPERSUGA Registered User regular
    edited January 2007
    Dynagrip wrote:
    SUPERSUGA wrote:
    I've adopted the Colts as my team as I like their style of play :^:. This is coming from a Brit with limited understanding of the game who's played far more games of Madden than watched actual games of Football. I'm starting to get into it now I understand it all, just a shame it's always on TV at retarded hours here. It's pretty rare for me to stay awake till the end of a match when it goes on till 5am.

Lions are my NFC team but they suck, right?
    Uh, Colts have like one of the softest run defenses like in the NFL. This means that one game in bad weather and they are fucking toast.

The Lions are really really bad, in a variety of excruciating ways. Why are they "your" team right now? Why not the Bears or uh...fuck, man, the NFC is fucking horrific this year.

If you like the Colts, I'd bet you'd like the Chargers even better. I'm all about the Ravens because I want Steve McNair to get his damn ring. The man has taken a beating playing the game and he's a bad ass, seriously.
    Hey, I don't know. I watched a few games and figured I should pick a team to back. I saw the colts play a game (I forget who against) and they did some awesome plays while I was watching so I picked them to back. Of course it's just a silly thing that means I have a team to look out for when looking over the week's results.

Lions? I forget why. But if they suck this year it means they'll suck a bit less next year, right? Right? Supporting winning teams is for softies, I want to savour the rare victory.

SUPERSUGA on
    edited January 2007
    Lions are a suck fest dude, I think they won like one game this entire season, oh wait, two, counting yesterday's miracle against the cowboys, what the fuck was that?

Pick a team based on the players you like, type of offense/defense a team runs, rather than just picking up a losing team.

variant on
  • SUPERSUGASUPERSUGA Registered User regular
    edited January 2007
    We'll see who looks good in the NFC next year. I picked Colts for those reasons though so I'm hoping to see them do well in the playoffs. It's my understanding that they've got Chiefs? Tough draw.

SUPERSUGA on
    edited January 2007
    Yeah I believe so, they(Colts) best prep their defense for Larry Johnson or they'll get wrecked.

variant on
  • Dogbone33Dogbone33 I bleed Red and Gold! State of ConfusionRegistered User regular
    edited January 2007
    The Chiefs got a great late-Christmas miracle and I couldn't be happier.

I used the mojo of my 49er's loving wife to tip the Donkeys. Time to open up the damn playbook though Edwards.

At least now my local CBS can't deny me my Chiefs. Fuckers.

Dogbone33 on
    Play Diablo 3 RoS with me. PSN-Dogbone19

Play Fanduel. One Day Fantasy Leagues use my referral

Be my friend on Magic Online! Dogbone19 is me.
  • DynagripDynagrip Break me a million hearts HoustonRegistered User, ClubPA regular
    edited January 2007
    variant wrote:
    Man, I dont even follow greenbay but for some reason after watching yesterday's game I really want to know whether Favre will be coming back or not...
    I just hope he mixes his vicodine with copious amounts of booze. Damn, I hate that gunslinging, like a kid out there, motherfucker.

Dynagrip on
  • DJ EebsDJ Eebs Moderator, Administrator admin
    edited January 2007
    DJ Eebs on
  • ButtersButters A glass of some milks Registered User regular
    edited January 2007
    _tepid_ wrote:
    Raiders #1 pick.

AFC West = Raiders next season with Art Shell the leader.

If this means that Brady Quinn ends up playing for the raiders I am going to be very upset.

Butters on
    PSN: idontworkhere582 | CFN: idontworkhere | Steam: lordbutters | Amazon Wishlist
    edited January 2007
    variant on
  • ShimShamShimSham Registered User regular
    edited January 2007
    ShimSham on
    QcGKhPm.jpg
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] regular
    edited January 2007
    The user and all related content has been deleted.

[Deleted User] on
  • SamiSami Registered User regular
    edited January 2007
    Farside, why you gotta be shooting professional athletes all the time?

Sami on
  • redimpulseredimpulse Registered User regular
    edited January 2007
    ShimSham wrote:
    Dark day in Denver.

Worst start to a new year ever.

redimpulse on
    rbsig.jpg
    edited January 2007
    redimpulse wrote:
    ShimSham wrote:
    Dark day in Denver.

That too.

To lose on New Years Eve to a huge underdog and lose a chance at the playoffs and then have one of your teammates killed.

I won't lie, Favre throwing for 200 yards in the first half, making Grossman have a 0% passer rating and completely ruining Chicago made 2006 entirely worth it as far as football goes for me.

ShimSham on
    QcGKhPm.jpg
  • Garlic BreadGarlic Bread i'm a bitch i'm a bitch i'm a bitch i'm a Registered User, Disagreeable regular
    edited January 2007
    is this thread back to talking about disney movies yet?

Garlic Bread on
    edited January 2007
    Keith wrote:
    is this thread back to talking about disney movies yet?
    Nope

ShimSham on
    QcGKhPm.jpg
  • potatoepotatoe Registered User regular
    edited January 2007
    i liked tron

potatoe on
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] regular
    edited January 2007
    The user and all related content has been deleted.

[Deleted User] on
  • bongibongi regular
    edited January 2007
    i've never seen tron
    it's a secret shame

but the jungle book is so awesome it makes up for not having seen tron

bongi on
  • Garlic BreadGarlic Bread i'm a bitch i'm a bitch i'm a bitch i'm a Registered User, Disagreeable regular
    edited January 2007
    I sang lion king songs at my friend's cat last night and then it tried to bite me

Garlic Bread on
  • revolverevolve Registered User regular
    edited January 2007
    Keith wrote:
    I sang lion king songs at my friend's cat last night and then it tried to bite me

that cat will grow up to be scar

revolve on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited January 2007
    ShimSham wrote:
    redimpulse wrote:
    ShimSham wrote:
    Dark day in Denver.

That too.

To lose on New Years Eve to a huge underdog and lose a chance at the playoffs and then have one of your teammates killed.

I won't lie, Favre throwing for 200 yards in the first half, making Grossman have a 0% passer rating and completely ruining Chicago made 2006 entirely worth it as far as football goes for me.

Yeah I love the bears and all but I love Favre more. He had a hell of a season. 8-8 with an over the hill runningback and weak defense is pretty damn good.

Butters on
    PSN: idontworkhere582 | CFN: idontworkhere | Steam: lordbutters | Amazon Wishlist
  • DynagripDynagrip Break me a million hearts HoustonRegistered User, ClubPA regular
    edited January 2007
    tron was fucking awesome
    You have chosen wisely. I love that fucking movie. I was trying to hit this Broken Obelisk monument thing while I was spazzed out...but uh, I was spazzed out and my aim was thus off.

God, I want to hit people with viciously thrown frisbees right now.

Dynagrip on
    edited January 2007
    FUCK YOU ASSHOLES THIS IS A FOOTBALL THREAD GOD DAMN IT!

Butters on
  • potatoepotatoe Registered User regular
    edited January 2007
    football is dumb, though

potatoe on
    edited January 2007
    I like football too, but I am just like so out of it with regards to it the past two weeks. You're not a Packers fan are you???

Dynagrip on
    edited January 2007
    revolve wrote:
    Keith wrote:

nooooooo

I renamed him Simba

he's going to grow up to be king

he can't wait

(he's like 12 years old)

Garlic Bread on
    edited January 2007
    Dynagrip wrote:
    I like football too, but I am just like so out of it with regards to it the past two weeks. You're not a Packers fan are you???
    I've never really been sure on who Butters is a fan of.

ShimSham on
    QcGKhPm.jpg
    edited January 2007
    ShimSham wrote:
    Dynagrip wrote:
    I've never really been sure on who Butters is a fan of.

AFC - Colts
    NFC - Bears

Above all - Brett Favre (I know, I know. A Bears fan that loves a Packer QB is crazy but I do.)

Butters on
    edited January 2007
    Ahh, cool. I was always a little confused.

For me it's really just

NFC - Packers, then the Saints
    AFC - Baltimore - Kind of just because I love McNair and he was real nice to me when I met him, lasting impression or some jazz. I don't keep up with the AFC much really.

ShimSham on
    QcGKhPm.jpg
  • suttbeckssuttbecks Registered User regular
    edited January 2007
    I don't know if any NFC teams would be able to beat the chargers, ravens and maybe patriots

suttbecks on
  • PotUPotU __BANNED USERS regular
    edited January 2007
    Keith wrote:
    revolve wrote:
    Keith wrote:

nooooooo

I renamed him Simba

he can't wait

(he's like 12 years old)

But Scar has lion sex slaves and stuff.

PotU on
    2mong9u.jpg
    edited January 2007
    ShimSham wrote:
    Ahh, cool. I was always a little confused.

For me it's really just

NFC - Packers, then the Saints
    AFC - Baltimore - Kind of just because I love McNair and he was real nice to me when I met him, lasting impression or some jazz. I don't keep up with the AFC much really.
    When will Favre quit fucking over that franchise for his pursuit of individual records? Seriously. How can you even like him?

Dynagrip on
    edited January 2007
    suttbecks wrote:
    I don't know if any NFC teams would be able to beat the chargers, ravens and maybe patriots
    I think if the Saints played Baltimore again they could beat them.

and since the postseason is officially on, Baltimore and Saints are my picks for the Superbowl matchup.

Also, Falcons fired Jim Mora, I would have gotten rid of Vick, but then again, he brings the crowd and merch sales.

That and they probably don't have the most confidence in backup QBs and don't want to start a rookie that they might pick up in the draft.

Yeah, probably wouldn't have fired either if it were up to me, not at this point at least.

ShimSham on
    QcGKhPm.jpg
    edited January 2007
    Dynagrip wrote:
    When will Favre quit fucking over that franchise for his pursuit of individual records? Seriously. How can you even like him?
    See I don't think he's doing that at all, I don't think he's holding them back, or hurting them at all, and I don't think his individual stats are what keeps him coming back. I think he gives the team a better chance to win every week, especially considering the alternatives.

But you don't see it that way and, oh well.

ShimSham on
    QcGKhPm.jpg
    edited January 2007
    PotU wrote:
    Keith wrote:
    revolve wrote:
    Keith wrote:

nooooooo

I renamed him Simba

he can't wait

(he's like 12 years old)

But Scar has lion sex slaves and stuff.

Yeah but they were all starved and bony

Garlic Bread on
  • SeñorAmorSeñorAmor !!! Registered User regular
    edited January 2007
    ShimSham wrote:
    Dynagrip wrote:
    See I don't think he's doing that at all, I don't think he's holding them back, or hurting them at all, and I don't think his individual stats are what keeps him coming back. I think he gives the team a better chance to win every week, especially considering the alternatives.

Yeah. WTF are you talkin' about, Dyna?

SeñorAmor on
    edited January 2007
    ShimSham wrote:
    Dynagrip wrote:

Yeah. WTF are you talkin' about, Dyna?
    Man, you guys are nuts. You know, the whole being a mediocre quarterback, careless as all hell and now they don't know shit about Aaron Rodgers.

Dynagrip on
This discussion has been closed.