As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[MiniPhalla] Phalla/Stay Night - GAME OVER - RYUUDOUJI TEMPLE VICTORY (BAD END)

• Options
    ZandraconZandracon Registered User regular
    edited July 2009
    Haha

Zandracon on
  • Options
    Dunadan019Dunadan019 Registered User regular
    edited July 2009
    Orange soda has been midday seered as evil!

just kidding :)

Dunadan019 on
  • Options
    KeikaKeika Delectable tea, or deadly poison? Registered User regular
    edited July 2009
    Kay wrote: »
    I'd do it too, if the forums weren't being so goddamned slow lately, failing to even load pages most of the time.

I'm glad to see that it's not just me that has been having these problems... was starting to think my internet connection was screwy.

Keika on
    "My fancies are fireflies / Specks of living light / twinkling in the dark." ~Rabindranath Tagore
  • Options
    The Holy GrailThe Holy Grail Registered User regular
    edited July 2009
    Vote closed.

I hate you all.

EDIT: Okay, I'm slightly early.

The Holy Grail on
  • Options
    vagrant_windsvagrant_winds Overworked Mysterious Eldritch Horror Hunter XX Registered User regular
    edited July 2009
    I hate you all.

But we <3 you.

vagrant_winds on
    // Steam: VWinds // PSN: vagrant_winds //
    // Switch: SW-5306-0651-6424 //
  • Options
    edited July 2009
    I hate you all.

But we <3 you.

Don't speak for me!

Dunadan019 on
  • Options
    edited July 2009
    In the mean time, have some Fate/Stay Night PS2 opening!
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v8f8iE4mTuc

Zandracon on
  • Options
    samurai6966samurai6966 Registered User regular
    edited July 2009
    Is the vote closed for real?

samurai6966 on
  • Options
    edited July 2009
    Is the vote closed for real?
    Yes, I was only early by half a minute or so.

Narration in progress.

The Holy Grail on
  • Options
    SpectralSporkSpectralSpork Registered User regular
    edited July 2009
    No narration yet!

SpectralSpork on
  • Options
    edited July 2009
    Booo.
    8760c552.jpg

Zandracon on
  • Options
    kimekime Queen of Blades Registered User regular
    edited July 2009
    No narration yet!
    Weak.

kime on
    Battle.net ID: kime#1822
    3DS Friend Code: 3110-5393-4113
    Steam profile
  • Options
    edited July 2009
    You folks know me, should have seen it coming.

SpectralSpork on
  • Options
    edited July 2009
    Whats with the girl eating the fishy?

samurai6966 on
  • Options
    edited July 2009
    Day 2

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hOWAF0TNIXo

Even though a curfew was in place, Gumpy had stayed late at school to get extra practice in at the Archery club. The Vice-Captain had stayed late with him but had gone home a half hour earlier. As he jogged through the streets, he cut through side-alleys to try and make it home just a little bit faster.

Unfortunately, as he passed through one such alley, a dark shape dropped on top of him.

"Another morsel. Not as attractive as the last one...but it'll do. My Master orders, after all."

A ruined landscape, a patch of land that refused to heal even ten years after the conflagration that nearly ruined Fuyuki City, was the battleground between a knight clad in gold and a knight clad in red. The red knight, the current iteration of Archer faced the golden knight, Gilgamesh, the Archer of the last War, in a place where they had both fought before. Archer grasped his twin blades, Kanshou and Bakuya, glaring at his rival, who lazily summoned forth the storm of swords that was his vault, the Gate of Babylon. He dismissed Archer, “Well, faker, tell me you have something more then that.”

Not a word further was uttered as Archer found himself immediately on the defensive, deflecting the numerous Noble Phantasms, shattering his own blades in doing so many times, never able to even complete the first phrase of what would give form to his only manner of rivaling such a foe. The battle was over before it even began, the red clad of the two lacking the raw power to stand in opposition to his opponent, locked in battle with no escape lest he risk revealing the location of his master and comrades. Perhaps it was best for them then, when the myriad blades finally found purchase in his body, leaving him the pin cushion to the treasures of Gilgamesh.

Overhead, a news chopper bore witness to the event, spreading the information of what occurred live to thousands of households in the immediate area, not that it could adequately explain any of it. It certainly didn't help when a red spear pierced the engine housing, sending the helicopter into flames mere seconds after the minor war ended.

As Gilgamesh stalked haughtily away, naught was left of dunedainjedi but a slowly disappearing red cloth.

Lancer never took any particular joy in his duties, but out of the nature of his contract had little choice but to perform as was needed of him. And so it came to pass that he found himself fighting the titanic Berserker. More blows then could be counted flew between him and the hulking beast, as a snow haired child watched disinterested. In any other battle he could count on his reach or speed to exceed the capabilities of his opponent, but against this mad beast he was the one lagging behind. Gradually, he began to slow, his body aching with every blow exchanged, then finally he was thrown back even as the titanic monster barely grazed him.

Lancer bounced to his feet, stabbing out as the charging behemoth bore down on him. He even felt his cursed spear impact with the stone like flesh of his foe. This was the second to last thing he felt. The last, of course, was the club-axe of Berserker splattering the contents of his chest cavity across the street. No longer even remotely entertained, the young charge of the monstrous figure turned and began to walk back to her castle in the forest.

“That’s enough for tonight, Berserker. I shouldn’t have even bothered coming out since we couldn’t find brother.”

As they walked away, B:L, the heroic spirit of Cú Chulainn, faded into nothing.

An armored woman in blue stood beside a young man, seeming out of place in such garb, as they watched an innocuous house. The lights inside cut out as the rain pressed down on them.

“Are you sure of this, my master?” she asked, uncertain. Her master nodded grimly, as if not entirely accepting the decision as his own. Not even a second went by, as the young girl moved faster than the human mind can process, and the sole occupant of the house was dead.

“It appears you were wrong, my master.” No words passed between the two of them as they walked away from the scene, which was certain to be discovered at a later time.

“Damn. Saber, I’m...”

“It is fine, master,” as a few tears mingled with those of Heaven. “In a war such things are expected.”

Inside, Ebfan lay scattered across his living room.

And yet, as chance would have it, they weren't quick enough.

As the two heroes retreated from the crime scene, several police cars drove up and surrounded them, summoned by calls made minutes ago by residents who had noticed the pair standing and observing the house.

As Saber drew her sword again and prepared to cut down Fuyuki City's finest to protect her Master, Shirou waved her off.

"No, Saber. This...this war isn't right. Someone needs to pay the price for that innocent. I...wanted to be a hero, but maybe I'm not cut out for it. You should escape. There's still things for you, at least, to do in this War."

"Shirou..."

"Go, Saber!"

And with that, the future hero of justice, Dunadan019, walked towards the nearest squad car, hands up in the air, to sit the rest of the War out in a jail cell. Saber hesitated for an instant, then bounded away, disappearing from sight.

Win Condition Update!

As a result of the death of a Servant, a little piece of the Grail War has been made public. Though you fully know it not, your goal is now:

Bring order to Fuyuki City and keep the Holy Grail safe by eliminating all Servants and Masters who seek it for selfish reasons.

The Dead:
    B:L - Lancer - Crushed
    Dunadan019 - Emiya Shirou - Arrested
    dunedainjedi - Archer - Bore witness to the Gate of Babylon
    Ebfan - Villager - Sliced in two
    Gumpy - Villager - Bloodsucked

Day 2 closes at Saturday, 10PM EST. Don't forget to vote in bold red!

The Holy Grail on
  • Options
    CantideCantide Registered User regular
    edited July 2009
    Yeah, that's a lot of vigilantes.

Cantide on
  • Options
    edited July 2009
    Great. We kill TWO specials in ONE NIGHT!

samurai6966 on
  • Options
    edited July 2009
    Haha, are you serious, Dunadan was Shirou? How appropriate.

Also, nice narration.

Zandracon on
  • Options
    edited July 2009
    OoooOOOOOoooo

there goes the awesomeness!

oooOOooooOOOOoo

Dunadan019 on
  • Options
    edited July 2009
    Not that it matters (or does it?), but the youtube link has been changed.

Also, colors have been slightly fixed. Limegreen -> lime, teal -> cyan.

All status PMs are out. If you expected one and didn't receive one, let us know. Thanks!

The Holy Grail on
  • Options
    edited July 2009
    Whoever was mean to me last night, I will end you.

kime on
    Steam profile
  • Options
    vagrant_windsvagrant_winds Overworked Mysterious Eldritch Horror Hunter XX Registered User regular
    edited July 2009
    Sweet. I finally have a grudge list.

vagrant_winds on
  • Options
    Julius CaezureJulius Caezure Registered User regular
    edited July 2009
    So...yeah, my impeccable vote selecting skills strike again.

Julius Caezure on
  • Options
    edited July 2009
    kuhlmeye, Wildcat, and WilDPanthA05 failed to meet activity levels yesterday and have received their warning. A second violation will cause them to be replaced.

The opening post has been updated with the new villager goal.

The second post has been updated with deaths and linked to the narration.

The Holy Grail on
  • Options
    edited July 2009
    All three of my evil baddie friends were inactive! I think they're avoiding me :(.

kime on
    Steam profile
  • Options
    Dac VinDac Vin S-s-screw you! I only listen to DOUBLE MUSIC! Registered User regular
    edited July 2009
    I thought I'd comment on the game:

Village, I must congratulate you for getting rid of Shirou on Day 1. Even if he was good, that's one less dumb kid in a war made for men, and this is what counts.

Now go and get rid of Shinji.

Dac Vin on
  • Options
    edited July 2009
    Dac Vin wrote: »
    I thought I'd comment on the game:

Village, I must congratulate you for getting rid of Shirou on Day 1. Even if he was good, that's one less dumb kid in a war made for men, and this is what counts.

Now go and get rid of Shinji.

Don't make me get the trout.

SpectralSpork on
  • Options
    edited July 2009
    Get out the trout, get out the trout!

kime on
    Steam profile
  • Options
    HounHoun Registered User regular
    edited July 2009
    At least we killed someone from the black team. I'm assuming the black team is bad? Also the purple, probably? Someone with knowledge of the source should comment.

Houn on
  • Options
    CantideCantide Registered User regular
    edited July 2009
    Houn wrote: »
    At least we killed someone from the black team. I'm assuming the black team is bad? Also the purple, probably? Someone with knowledge of the source should comment.

Black's definitely evil, but I'm not sure about Purple. That's probably Sakura/Rider, who are enemies in some paths and allies in others. They don't really qualify as "selfish" either, unless Shinji or Sakura's grandfather is included. Might be neutrals.

Cantide on
  • Options
    edited July 2009
    Wait.... B:L was evil!? Shock! Dismay!

Sarcasm!

kime on
    Steam profile
  • Options
    Julius CaezureJulius Caezure Registered User regular
    edited July 2009
    Okay, so my first real response is what does the color breakdown signify?

Lime = Ebfan and Gumpy + the vote results on Dunadan (Shirou).

Cyan = dunedainjedi (Archer) and Dunadan (Emiya Shirou) + Saber (for killing Ebfan).

Purple = Bloodsucker? I couldn't find any vampires in any of the wikis I read.

Black = B:L (Lancer) + Gilgamesh (for killing dunedainjedi).

Yellow = Berserker (for killing B:L).

So, if lime = villager, and cyan maybe = village-aligned special, what the hell would purple, black and yellow represent? And why is there no red?

Julius Caezure on
  • Options
    edited July 2009
    The bloodsucker is Rider, I believe, unless we have some crossover shenanigans happening.

Zandracon on
  • Options
    edited July 2009
    Okay, so my first real response is what does the color breakdown signify?

Lime = Ebfan and Gumpy + the vote results on Dunadan (Shirou).

Cyan = dunedainjedi (Archer) and Dunadan (Emiya Shirou) + Saber (for killing Ebfan).

Purple = Bloodsucker? I couldn't find any vampires in any of the wikis I read.

Black = B:L (Lancer) + Gilgamesh (for killing dunedainjedi).

Yellow = Berserker (for killing B:L).

So, if lime = villager, and cyan maybe = village-aligned special, what the hell would purple, black and yellow represent? And why is there no red?

As far as I can tell there are more then one bad guy group. They wouldn't be working together as they want the Holy Grail. So maybe yellow is one team, black another, and purple is yet another baddie.

samurai6966 on
  • Options
    edited July 2009
    Our hosts have sadly nerfed GARcher into normal Archer.

If GARcher was around, all the bad guys would be dead or wounded by now. D:

vagrant_winds on
  • Options
    crimsoncoyotecrimsoncoyote Registered User regular
    edited July 2009
    Wildcat

so terrible

crimsoncoyote on
  • Options
    GumpyGumpy There is always a greater powerRegistered User regular
    edited July 2009
    I regret

Nothing

Gumpy on
  • Options
    BurnageBurnage Registered User regular
    edited July 2009
    Gumpy wrote: »
    I regret

Nothing

But you should

Also, I declare Spork a "doody head" himself for effectively outing Dune as a special.

Burnage on
  • Options
    M.D.M.D. and then what happens? Registered User regular
    edited July 2009
    !samurai yea yea yea yea yea

M.D. on
  • Options
    edited July 2009
    Mr. Defecation because Im seeing no Charmander love to another Charmander lover.

samurai6966 on