As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Heroes of Newerth (HoN) - ITT we stop buying the Runed Axe already!

• Options
    P10P10 An Idiot With Low IQ Registered User regular
    edited September 2009
    Lich is the best hero and I am so glad he's in.

P10 on
    Shameful pursuits and utterly stupid opinions
  • Options
    SkabSkab Registered User regular
    edited September 2009
    Jutranjo wrote: »
    übergeek wrote: »
    So, today I learned that Blood Hunters silence lasts way too long, and although I had the better team and while the other team had 4 guys that were maxed/near maxed, and a -Level 14- Thunderbringer after an hour and 20 minutes, we couldn't win because of the silence.

The level 14 thunderbringer probably had more to do with you losing than the silence.
    good god what were they thinking with the lich port. I mean, hes awesome and all, but full AoE for is ult? really?

good god man.

What do you mean full AOE? I just tried it out in practice, it's the same thing as in DOTA. Which is awesome, yeah.

they already fixed it in 1.46, but when they put him in yesterday his ult was doing full damage in a 600 aoe on each hit, unlike lich who just does direct damage on each bounce.

it was ridiculous.

Skab on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    übergeekübergeek Sector 2814Registered User regular
    edited September 2009
    Ah man....they changed steamboots to not give attack speed anymore....I have no clue what to do for my build orders for heroes that need attack speed now....

EDIT What would be a good go to item for attack speed hopefully mixed with movement speed early on in game now?

übergeek on
    camo_sig.png
  • Options
    SkabSkab Registered User regular
    edited September 2009
    Ah man....they changed steamboots to not give attack speed anymore....I have no clue what to do for my build orders for heroes that need attack speed now....

Marchers.

Skab on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    DisDis Registered User regular
    edited September 2009
    The problem about this game is people whine too much.
    The game would be better if people can't chat in this game.

Dis on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    DharmaBumDharmaBum Registered User regular
    edited September 2009
    Dis wrote: »
    The problem about this game is people whine too much.
    The game would be better if people can't chat in this game.

Yea. I had a game earlier in the week where this one guy would not stop complaining about how bad someone on our team was. It was this never ending tirade. We ended up winning, but it was DAMN annoying.

DharmaBum on
  • Options
    DrakmathusDrakmathus Registered User regular
    edited September 2009

EDIT What would be a good go to item for attack speed hopefully mixed with movement speed early on in game now?

read all the boot info, enhanced marchers were changed too.

Drakmathus on
  • Options
    FugaFuga Registered User regular
    edited September 2009
    so which boots do you get on not carries now then? still phase?

Fuga on
  • Options
    edited September 2009
    Drakmathus wrote: »

read all the boot info, enhanced marchers were changed too.

Ah, I missed that. I wonder why they swapped the stats? Because Icefrog did in the latest DoTA?

EDIT Also, is it just me, or did Behemoth's Heart become kinda meh? I thought the whole point was that 1% regen while in combat. Doesn't matter if it's 2% if you have to sit out of a fight for 10 seconds for it to kick in. Jsut doesn't seem as useful now for when I play Axe.

übergeek on
    camo_sig.png
  • Options
    edited September 2009
    yea it's p bad now.

Fuga on
  • Options
    KlykaKlyka DO you have any SPARE BATTERIES?Registered User regular
    edited September 2009
    Can I,in any way, "mute" people in chat?

Cause seriously, there was a guy on the enemy team who kept writing "Okay" whenever ANYTHING happened. One of our guys came close to him? "Okay" We killed him/a a teammate? "Okay" They killed one of us? "Okay".

It was fucking INFURIATING.

Klyka on
    SC2 EU ID Klyka.110
    lTDyp.jpg
  • Options
    JutranjoJutranjo Registered User regular
    edited September 2009
    Klyka wrote: »
    Can I,in any way, "mute" people in chat?

Cause seriously, there was a guy on the enemy team who kept writing "Okay" whenever ANYTHING happened. One of our guys came close to him? "Okay" We killed him/a a teammate? "Okay" They killed one of us? "Okay".

It was fucking INFURIATING.

You get too angry easily. OKAY, SO?

Jutranjo on
  • Options
    Page-Page- Registered User regular
    edited September 2009
    Fuga wrote: »
    so which boots do you get on not carries now then? still phase?

These changes effect support heroes more than carries. Steam boots now give you more damage and also attack speed, but no armour; marchers give you more speed and are cheaper.

But now it's a slightly harder choice for int heroes. Instead of getting phase/steam on every hero, it may actually be worth switching up. If you can position yourself better and use the attribute switch properly, marchers would be a great investment.

Page- on
    Competitive Gaming and Writing Blog Updated in October: "Song (and Story) of the Day"
    Anyone want to beta read a paranormal mystery novella? Here's your chance.
    stream
  • Options
    edited September 2009
    Wow...I went into practice mode and looked at the Necro port.....now I see why people like him so much just based off the skills. A reverse behmoth heart aura, damage that jumps to 7 guys for an ult, an aoe that heals and kills at the same time, and free mana on kills.

EDIT Thoughts on the new Sac Stone?

In fact....thoughts on everything. This patch is awesome but it changes so much that all my prior experience over the last few months seems to not count for much anymore.

übergeek on
    camo_sig.png
  • Options
    JutranjoJutranjo Registered User regular
    edited September 2009
    Wow...I went into practice mode and looked at the Necro port.....now I see why people like him so much just based off the skills. A reverse behmoth heart aura, damage that jumps to 7 guys for an ult, an aoe that heals and kills at the same time, and free mana on kills.

In fact....thoughts on everything. This patch is awesome but it changes so much that all my prior experience over the last few months seems to not count for much anymore.

You're mixing up the two heroes, lich port got the eat creeps for mana, frost armour, frost nova and chains of frost skills, necro port's ulti's got those skills but his ulti with the scepter kills anyone below 60% HP.

Jutranjo on
  • Options
    edited September 2009
    Jutranjo wrote: »

You're mixing up the two heroes, lich port got the eat creeps for mana, frost armour, frost nova and chains of frost skills, necro port's ulti's got those skills but his ulti with the scepter kills anyone below 60% HP.

Yeah, sorry, my mistake.

übergeek on
    camo_sig.png
  • Options
    KhaczorKhaczor Registered User regular
    edited September 2009
    Alchemist bones.

Khaczor on
  • Options
    edited September 2009
    Khaczor wrote: »
    Alchemist bones.

??? In response to whom?

übergeek on
    camo_sig.png
  • Options
    tinwhiskerstinwhiskers Registered User regular
    edited September 2009
    When will they give up on this stupid kracken idea and just port my precious Levi over correctly

tinwhiskers on
    6ylyzxlir2dz.png
  • Options
    edited September 2009
    so how do you play wildsoul, do you stay in his ultform when enemies are near and go ranged when they're far or do you stay in it forever because of the extra hp?

Fuga on
  • Options
    edited September 2009
    Hmm I'm loooking into how I can build Axe up similar to how I was doing it before. Enhanced, Portal, Idol, Behemoth's Heart, Power Supply, Platemail (to become Frostfield if the game ever lasted that long. Due to the changes, I'd lose out on the regen, 5 armor, and a few points of damage. That regen was the thing that gave me confidence in diving into a group and coming out alive with a sliver of health.

In practice mode, it looks like the heart used to to do about 25 health a second, added to about 16 from how the old items worked. Now since I'm down to about 16 in combat, should I grabs oemthing likea symbol of rage that gives almost that much strength, a bit more damage, gives me the 5 armor I lost by uisng enhanced, and some lifesteal? If so, does the lifesteal apply to Whirling blade?

übergeek on
    camo_sig.png
  • Options
    edited September 2009
    Fuga wrote: »
    so how do you play wildsoul, do you stay in his ultform when enemies are near and go ranged when they're far or do you stay in it forever because of the extra hp?

You start out ranged and build up the bear at the start and by the end you can build yourself and the bear as tanks, one as a tank and one as a carry, or possibly both as a carry but it doesn't work out too well.

übergeek on
    camo_sig.png
  • Options
    edited September 2009
    Just don't get a Mock on the bear. Angels lose their wings when someone does that.

When will HoN get the fun heroes like Lucy and Naga? :X

Page- on
    Competitive Gaming and Writing Blog Updated in October: "Song (and Story) of the Day"
    stream
  • Options
    Battle JesusBattle Jesus Registered User regular
    edited September 2009
    When they stop murdering babies (because only people that murder babies would leave Lucy out of this game)

Battle Jesus on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    edited September 2009
    Pretty much.

Page- on
    stream
  • Options
    DarkewolfeDarkewolfe Registered User regular
    edited September 2009
    When they stop murdering babies (because only people that murder babies would leave Lucy out of this game)

I do so love the baby-murdering, though.

Darkewolfe on
    What is this I don't even.
  • Options
    valiancevaliance Registered User regular
    edited September 2009
    Lich is the best hero and I am so glad he's in.

This x 1000. <3 the lich
    Page- wrote: »
    Just don't get a Mock on the bear. Angels lose their wings when someone does that.

When will HoN get the fun heroes like Lucy and Naga? :X

mock on the bear is how sylla was played forEVER, whats wrong with it??

valiance on
  • Options
    edited September 2009
    It's pubstyle waste of moneys. Running your bear at the enemy over and over again for free damage, meh. I mean, it's alright, but there are better things to spend your gold one. Like abusing the bear's lol entangle.

Page- on
    stream
  • Options
    DarkewolfeDarkewolfe Registered User regular
    edited September 2009
    It's pubstyle waste of moneys. Running your bear at the enemy over and over again for free damage, meh. I mean, it's alright, but there are better things to spend your gold one. Like abusing the bear's lol entangle.

Do summons like the bear and demon give xp and money to the enemy?

Darkewolfe on
    What is this I don't even.
  • Options
    ShensShens Portland, ORRegistered User regular
    edited September 2009
    Darkewolfe wrote: »

Do summons like the bear and demon give xp and money to the enemy?

Yep indeed. Malphas gives something crazy like 150 gold.

Shens on
  • Options
    edited September 2009
    Yes. Only images don't.

But the whole point of running the bear at them is that they won't kill it, it'll just come back to you. It's a lot of gold and a lot of micro for something that's usually just annoying.

Page- on
    stream
  • Options
    ImperfectImperfect Toronto, Ontario, CanadaRegistered User regular
    edited September 2009
    So Soul Reaper looks wicked fun. I've never played the DotA equivalents, so am I right in thinking that:

a) Fantastic support hero, and
    b) OMFGAWESOME synergy with astrolabe?

Imperfect on
  • Options
    edited September 2009
    whats mock?

Push Button / Receive Cat on
  • Options
    Cynic JesterCynic Jester Registered User regular
    edited September 2009
    Imperfect wrote: »
    So Soul Reaper looks wicked fun. I've never played the DotA equivalents, so am I right in thinking that:

Heal+heal is awesome synergy?

Cynic Jester on
  • Options
    edited September 2009
    codex is good synergy with necro

• Options
    edited September 2009
    Stacking HP is good synergy.

Codex wtf? You have an ult to finish donks and you should use that mana to spam more heals.

Page- on
    stream
  • Options
    ImperfectImperfect Toronto, Ontario, CanadaRegistered User regular
    edited September 2009
    Imperfect wrote: »

Heal+heal is awesome synergy?

He's already got to be in range for the astrolabe heal to do his own heal. So you can drop 2x heals when you're in there. With the cooldown on his heal so low, you can basically be constantly healing.

Imperfect on
  • Options
    PiptheFairPiptheFair Frequently not in boats. Registered User regular
    edited September 2009
    whats mock?

radiance

also, apparently moon queen is "my" hero

I've been consistently awful at this game but getting better with her

and I just had a game where I went 14 and 4

feels good man

PiptheFair on
  • Options
    edited September 2009
    Stacking HP is good synergy.

Codex wtf? You have an ult to finish donks and you should use that mana to spam more heals.

i never said it was the best use of mana when fighting in a group. it's just good synergy

codex = pew
    aoe = pew
    ult = pew

low health ult = death

almost instagib with the codex, similar with voodoo jester's ground thing.

also, radiance on bear is bad. i rather get bashers. have you seen 6.61+ syllabear and spirit bear both with bashers, with rabid? i don't think its even possible for anything to 1v1 it. of course for non-101 with no strength items syllabear still has like 2k in bear form at 16.

• Options
    edited September 2009
    But that's not really his job, and you could say the same for any hero with nukes. In fact, most other nuke heroes have more of them and do more damage. Getting one kill in a team fight with nuke, codex, ult means you've just blown your whole wad on one hero and now you stand around and autoattack, though you're probably dead because you have to walk right up to the hero you're trying to kill.

He needs to get close to use his nuke properly and he needs to stay alive to use his aura. Codex doesn't help with either. Rush for HP and mana via Heart or Sacrificial Stone, if you want a luxury item then get a hex or Frostfield.

Page- on
    stream