Options

What would Brian Boitano [Chat]?

• Options
    sportzboytjwsportzboytjw squeeeeeezzeeee some more tax breaks outRegistered User regular
    edited July 2009
    Inquisitor wrote: »
    Feral wrote: »
    I tried the G&T MTGO league and didn't enjoy it much.

But I did a M2010 sealed event that was being run by my girlfriend's husband and had a lot more fun.

In short, I have a few of both right now.

2010, play using the new rules then? How are they...?

There is so little difference. I've been playing in the M10 beta online, and a few cards get worse, but it's by-and-large the same game.

sportzboytjw on
    Walkerdog on MTGO
    TylerJ on League of Legends (it's free and fun!)
  • Options
    TarranonTarranon Registered User regular
    edited July 2009
    I grab an iced mocha from the local coffee house usually. Sooo good. It's a hint of chocolate, and I can actually taste the fucking espresso.

Tarranon on
    You could be anywhere
    On the black screen
  • Options
    InquisitorInquisitor Registered User regular
    edited July 2009
    There is so little difference. I've been playing in the M10 beta online, and a few cards get worse, but it's by-and-large the same game.

Good to know. I'm bummed about the fact you can't put damage on the stack and then sac a creature to do something, as it was a mechanic I really enjoyed. I'm sure the new cards they make balanced around this design decision will be just fine.

Inquisitor on
  • Options
    nexuscrawlernexuscrawler Registered User regular
    edited July 2009
    I should come up with a gameplan for today

hmmm

nexuscrawler on
  • Options
    CouscousCouscous Registered User regular
    edited July 2009
    Cost is the reason I cut down on eating beef jerky. That shit is expensive.

Couscous on
  • Options
    FeralFeral MEMETICHARIZARD interior crocodile alligator ⇔ ǝɹʇɐǝɥʇ ǝᴉʌoɯ ʇǝloɹʌǝɥɔ ɐ ǝʌᴉɹp ᴉRegistered User regular
    edited July 2009
    Thanatos wrote: »
    I just don't think I could do it without feeling like one of those chicks whose coffee order takes 15 minutes.
    Try ordering a cup of black coffee at one, sometime.

They look at you like you're speaking a foreign language.

Eh, I have a good buddy I always get coffee with when we hang out. He always orders a cup of black house blend wherever we go. It's never really a thing.

Feral on
    every person who doesn't like an acquired taste always seems to think everyone who likes it is faking it. it should be an official fallacy.

the "no true scotch man" fallacy.
  • Options
    edited July 2009
    Real men drink their espresso straight in little tiny cups.

Inquisitor on
  • Options
    FeralFeral MEMETICHARIZARD interior crocodile alligator ⇔ ǝɹʇɐǝɥʇ ǝᴉʌoɯ ʇǝloɹʌǝɥɔ ɐ ǝʌᴉɹp ᴉRegistered User regular
    edited July 2009

Good to know. I'm bummed about the fact you can't put damage on the stack and then sac a creature to do something, as it was a mechanic I really enjoyed. I'm sure the new cards they make balanced around this design decision will be just fine.

I'm kinda tripping that the basic set has Lighting Bolt, Hypnotic Specter, and Time Warp.

Feral on
    every person who doesn't like an acquired taste always seems to think everyone who likes it is faking it. it should be an official fallacy.

• Options
    ThanatosThanatos Registered User regular
    edited July 2009
    Try ordering a cup of black coffee at one, sometime.

They look at you like you're speaking a foreign language.
    Actually, they are looking at you like the saint you are, because you just ordered the absolutely simplest, most painless thing to make on the entire menu.
    Maybe it's a Seattle thing, then.

There are actually coffee shops here that don't serve coffee. Just espresso. I mean, I usually get an Americano, but it's not the same thing.

Thanatos on
  • Options
    edited July 2009

I'm kinda tripping that the basic set has Lighting Bolt, Hypnotic Specter, and Time Warp.

:shock:

Inquisitor on
  • Options
    JamesJames Registered User regular
    edited July 2009
    Inquisitor, do you guys still sell that liquid chocolate drink that you could dip wafers in? It tasted good the one time I had it.

James on
  • Options
    japanjapan Registered User regular
    edited July 2009
    I wasn't aware that anyone outside of the States actually drank Americanos.

If it's a good coffee shop I'll usually get cafe lungo. That's not really an option with any of the chains because they either don't know what it means or have automatic machines that can't be used that way.

I like black coffee, but drip tends to be pot-luck if it's actually any good (in Starbucks their Fairtrade Blend is uniquely awful and I'm really not a fan of some of the African single origins), so that leaves Americano, but ideally made with less water so the flavour isn't so diluted and it doesn't leave you needing to urinate half an hour later.

japan on
  • Options
    edited July 2009
    James wrote: »
    Inquisitor, do you guys still sell that liquid chocolate drink that you could dip wafers in? It tasted good the one time I had it.

I dunno, I work at Barnes and Noble cafe now for the summer, and we don't have that here.

Inquisitor on
  • Options
    edited July 2009
    In coffee related news, damn this sounds good to me right now:

Café con leche, or "coffee with milk", a Cuban espresso served alongside a cup of hot or steamed milk. Originally served separately, the cafecito is dumped into the glass of hot milk and stirred in. It is the traditional Cuban breakfast beverage, served with slices of buttered, toasted cuban bread that are dunked in the coffee cup. In addition, traditional Cuban "café con leche" contains a pinch of salt (popularized by the Chinese immigrants who arrived in 19th century Cuba) and a pinch of butter, giving it a unique taste.

Inquisitor on
  • Options
    TL DRTL DR Not at all confident in his reflexive opinions of thingsRegistered User regular
    edited July 2009

Wat.

What am I going to do with all these copies of Shock, Abyssal Specter, and Time Stretch?

TL DR on
  • Options
    matt has a problemmatt has a problem Points to 'off' Points to 'on'Registered User regular
    edited July 2009
    A unique taste of...salt and butter?

matt has a problem on
    nibXTE7.png
  • Options
    edited July 2009

Okay that bit I'm a tad iffy on but everything up to that point sounded really good.

Inquisitor on
  • Options
    TL DRTL DR Not at all confident in his reflexive opinions of thingsRegistered User regular
    edited July 2009
    Anyone used to pick a uniquely awful card and collect as many as possible? I have 15 or so Chromeshell Crabs. Two foil.

TL DR on
  • Options
    OptimusZedOptimusZed Registered User regular
    edited July 2009

:shock:
    It's crazy. Magic 2010 is sexy and disturbing at the same time.

OptimusZed on
    We're reading Rifts. You should too. You know you want to. Now With Ninjas!

They tried to bury us. They didn't know that we were seeds. 2018 Midterms. Get your shit together.
  • Options
    matt has a problemmatt has a problem Points to 'off' Points to 'on'Registered User regular
    edited July 2009

Okay that bit I'm a tad iffy on but everything up to that point sounded really good.
    Also how do you get a 'pinch' of butter?

*pinch*

*sticks to finger*

*shake shake shake*

*shakeshakeshakeshakeshake*

*butter flies off in unknown direction*

matt has a problem on
    nibXTE7.png
  • Options
    edited July 2009
    Anyone used to pick a uniquely awful card and collect as many as possible? I have 15 or so Chromeshell Crabs. Two foil.

Whatever dude I had such a kick ass morph deck.
    It did not have Chromshell Crabs in it... :P

Inquisitor on
  • Options
    edited July 2009

Legend of the Five Rings: Occupied Terrain

The most useless card in the history of everything.

Feral on

• Options
    monikermoniker Registered User regular
    edited July 2009
    japan wrote: »
    I wasn't aware that anyone outside of the States actually drank Americanos.

If it's a good coffee shop I'll usually get cafe lungo. That's not really an option with any of the chains because they either don't know what it means or have automatic machines that can't be used that way.

I like black coffee, but drip tends to be pot-luck if it's actually any good (in Starbucks their Fairtrade Blend is uniquely awful and I'm really not a fan of some of the African single origins), so that leaves Americano, but ideally made with less water so the flavour isn't so diluted and it doesn't leave you needing to urinate half an hour later.

That's why I'm glad I drink tea. It's hard to fuck that up badly.

moniker on
  • Options
    edited July 2009
    Pinch of salt in coffee seems to be a uniquely asian thing.

japan on
  • Options
    CouscousCouscous Registered User regular
    edited July 2009

Legend of the Five Rings: Occupied Terrain

The most useless card in the history of everything.

thegogglesdonothing.jpg
    I don't care if it doesn't exist.

Couscous on
  • Options
    edited July 2009

Also how do you get a 'pinch' of butter?

*pinch*

*sticks to finger*

*shake shake shake*

*shakeshakeshakeshakeshake*

*butter flies off in unknown direction*

This is what my cat does when I try to Petromalt her.

*shakeshakeshakeshakeshakefling!*

Feral on

• Options
    edited July 2009
    During Kamigawa block, I traded for every Umizawa's Jitte I came across, just to keep them out of the local meta.

Cost me most of my Mirrodin Block rares, but it was worth it. Hate that fucking card.

OptimusZed on

They tried to bury us. They didn't know that we were seeds. 2018 Midterms. Get your shit together.
  • Options
    BamaBama Registered User regular
    edited July 2009
    It's not a single card, but I used to have a collection of beebles.

Bama on
  • Options
    edited July 2009
    I wanted to make an imp deck just because of how worthless this guy was:

chimney_imp.jpg

Inquisitor on
  • Options
    sportzboytjwsportzboytjw squeeeeeezzeeee some more tax breaks outRegistered User regular
    edited July 2009
    Just because he cost 2 more than Chittering Rats and gave up a point of power... he's not THAT bad.

sportzboytjw on
    Walkerdog on MTGO
    TylerJ on League of Legends (it's free and fun!)
  • Options
    edited July 2009
    OptimusZed wrote: »
    During Kamigawa block, I traded for every Umizawa's Jitte I came across, just to keep them out of the local meta.

Cost me most of my Mirrodin Block rares, but it was worth it. Hate that fucking card.

So, there was this guy who did that in my hometown, only the card he hated was Jester's Cap.

Now, at that time, I had a Jester's Cap recycler deck, which would Cap my opponent, return the Cap from the graveyard, Cap him again, rinse lather repeat, with Millstone-y stuff and counters as backup and Mana Drains and Urza's Lands and Mishra's Workshop for lots of colorless mana. I played it against him once. It was good times. But that's besides the point.

The kid was probably about 11 or 12 and obnoxious as shit. He also had a Type I red/black deck with a Lotus and two Moxes and all sorts of power rares like Juzam Djinns and Shivans and so forth that he kept in those thick plastic card vaults. Yeah, a whole 60-card deck in rigid plastic. He clearly got his cards by begging his parents for money and bragged to everybody about his collection. One of my friends, who was a glorious asshole, and loved fucking with people, challenged him to an ante game with a mono-green all commons deck. He knew he'd win and get a free card out of the kid, but he wasn't expecting the kid to say "Man, what are you thinking? I'm going to waste you! I'd do DECK ante!"

A few of us listening to the conversation internally facepalmed at that. My friend took him up on the challenge and, predictably, won. The kid threw his deck at the guy at full force and stormed out of the card store, leaving his collection behind.

We were all waiting for the kid to come back, but an hour or two ticked by, we're getting close to closing, and he's not back yet. The owner of the game store walked in and said, kinda casually, "So what are you guys gonna do with his cards?" It was pretty clear that the owner didn't like the kid and didn't want him coming back.

So we just basically drafted his whole collection, including a binder of about 40 Jester's Caps.

My friend kept the Type I power deck.

Feral on

• Options
    edited July 2009
    San Miguel Cerveza Premium Internacional
    El cuidadoso y delicado proceso de elaboracion otorga el sabor puro y natural de esta cerveza internacional
    Brewed and bottled in the UK by Carlsberg (UK) Ltd, Northampton.

japan on
  • Options
    edited July 2009
    Just because he cost 2 more than Chittering Rats and gave up a point of power... he's not THAT bad.
    He's a chump blocking flyer in black with a secondary in-color effect. He's moderately good in limited, probably as a sideboard against white or blue with lots of air power. Still expensive for what he is, but black can't really be picky on fliers.

He's a waste of card stock for constructed, though.

@Feral: That kid sounds great. /sarcasm

I just wanted to play in Kamigawa block tourneys without having to pack 6 copies of something that blasted artifacts. It was annoying.

OptimusZed on

• Options
    ElendilElendil Registered User regular
    edited July 2009
    I just arrived in [chat] and am very confused

Elendil on
  • Options
    ThanatosThanatos Registered User regular
    edited July 2009
    Elendil wrote: »
    Try masturbating.

Thanatos on
  • Options
    edited July 2009
    Try masturbating.

That's your solution to everything.

Not that I mind, but I get nervous when you watch like that.

japan on
  • Options
    NerdgasmicNerdgasmic __BANNED USERS regular
    edited July 2009
    Elendil is Neopets CCG man, you see.

Nerdgasmic on
  • Options
    edited July 2009
    Try masturbating.
    already tried that

several times

Elendil on
  • Options
    edited July 2009
    Try masturbating.
    already tried that

several times
    You failed at masturbating several times?

matt has a problem on
    nibXTE7.png
  • Options
    edited July 2009
    I like Spaced because when Simon Pegg says what video game he's playing it is actually that game

Elendil on
This discussion has been closed.