Options

What would Brian Boitano [Chat]?

• Options
    Hi I'm Vee!Hi I'm Vee! Formerly VH; She/Her; Is an E X P E R I E N C E Registered User regular
    edited July 2009
    Hey Inqi, so I was thinking when I get back, we might try BSG again, except I have one other guy who will probably play, and we won't do it that late at night, and we'll play by the actual rules this time.

Hi I'm Vee! on
    vRyue2p.png
  • Options
    _J__J_ Pedant Registered User, __BANNED USERS regular
    edited July 2009
    bored

I, too, am bored.

_J_ on
  • Options
    CouscousCouscous Registered User regular
    edited July 2009
    Elendil wrote: »
    Inquisitor wrote: »
    Couscous wrote: »
    That is the kind of stuff I am sick of. I think I'm sick of it because half the internet consists of nothing but posting "ironic" stuff that is supposed to be funny solely due to its absurdity.

Yeah, I'm pretty damn sick of postmodernism already, can we get to postpostmodernism please?
    let's bring back futurism

it is the future right

First it is futurism, and the next thing you know, you have fascism.
    I know that is a stupid simplification.

Couscous on
  • Options
    MorninglordMorninglord I'm tired of being Batman, so today I'll be Owl.Registered User regular
    edited July 2009
    That is the kind of stuff I am sick of. I think I'm sick of it because half the internet consists of nothing but posting "ironic" stuff that is supposed to be funny solely due to its absurdity.

Yeah, I'm pretty damn sick of postmodernism already, can we get to postpostmodernism please?

it is the future right

what was that movie with stalone and wesly snipes and cryogenics and it was terrible and awesome

im thinking of that movie

Morninglord on
    (PSN: Morninglord) (Steam: Morninglord) (WiiU: Morninglord22) I like to record and toss up a lot of random gaming videos here.
  • Options
    CouscousCouscous Registered User regular
    edited July 2009

it is the future right

what was that movie with stalone and wesly snipes and cryogenics and it was terrible and awesome

Demolition Man?

Couscous on
  • Options
    edited July 2009
    Outside is hot.

_J_ on
  • Options
    DasUberEdwardDasUberEdward Registered User regular
    edited July 2009
    DasUberEdward on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    PonyPony Registered User regular
    edited July 2009
    I FEEL LIKE SIX HUNDRED BALLISTIC MISSILES

Pony on
  • Options
    edited July 2009
    DasUberEdward on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    edited July 2009
    Pony wrote: »
    I FEEL LIKE SIX HUNDRED BALLISTIC MISSILES

I feel like the opposite. Whatever that is.

DasUberEdward on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    edited July 2009
    I think the "Shut up" method of argument can be taught to anyone.

But the "No, YOU shut up" method of argument is something with which one has to be born. You simply cannot teach that.

_J_ on
  • Options
    MorninglordMorninglord I'm tired of being Batman, so today I'll be Owl.Registered User regular
    edited July 2009

it is the future right

Demolition Man?

Yeah!

I totally thought of Snipes karate kicking Stalone in an exploding cryogenic chamber while an evil eunich controls the government from his Zen control room when you made your comment.

Morninglord on
    (PSN: Morninglord) (Steam: Morninglord) (WiiU: Morninglord22) I like to record and toss up a lot of random gaming videos here.
  • Options
    edited July 2009
    my body appears to be reacting to the three days without my meds by overproducing adrenaline

my heart's going over 160 bpm, i can do handstands, and i literally snatched a fly out of the air, shook it in my hand and threw it

it fell on the ground, buzzed a bit, and then flew off

i feel like i could punch out God.

none of this is a good thing, of course, and i'm watching myself very carefully and i am going to call an ambulance if i don't calm the fuck down but it's hard not to feel amazing

i do have some lorazepam handy which i might take and lie down if it doesn't subside on it's own or worsens

Pony on
  • Options
    edited July 2009
    my body appears to be reacting to the three days without my meds by overproducing adrenaline

my heart's going over 160 bpm, i can do handstands, and i literally snatched a fly out of the air, shook it in my hand and threw it

none of this is a good thing, of course, and i'm watching myself very carefully and i am going to call an ambulance if i don't calm the fuck down but it's hard not to feel amazing

i do have some lorazepam handy which i might take and lie down if it doesn't subside on it's own or worsens

What were you on and where can I get some?

_J_ on
  • Options
    NerissaNerissa Registered User regular
    edited July 2009
    Can some one explain this to me please?

I'm looking through a book of resources for home education, and among the music stuff is a company that sells a "Piano course for Christians. Gives complete foundation in music and emphasizes Christian values and concepts."

Now WTF does a person's religion and values have to do with learning to play the piano? Are the keys in different places if you're a sinner? Do the notes have different names? Do they sound different?

I mean... I guess the music selection might be slightly altered, but as near as I have been able to find, the selections in the vast majority of piano instruction books are pretty neutral and non-offensive to pretty much anyone.

Nerissa on
  • Options
    edited July 2009
    _J_ wrote: »

You know. Prescription medicine to help regulate his body properly.

also to nerf his latent super powers.

DasUberEdward on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    edited July 2009
    does doing a bit of exercise help you at all pony
    maybe you should run off some of this excess

Morninglord on
  • Options
    edited July 2009

olanzapine

it's an anti-psychotic, which i use to keep my brain from going batshit and making my adrenal gland overproduce.

overproduction of adrenaline is the reason they figure i had a stroke back last year.

due to my own screw-ups, i didn't refill my meds promptly and went three days without them, which is apparently long enough for them to get out of my system and for my brain/body to go HOLY JESUS FUCK WANNA JUMP OVER THAT FENCE? OKAY!

even though i have a massive urge to go do a bunch of crazy shit and work out and use this surge, i ain't gonna because it's dumb and i could hurt myself and convince my body this is a good thing and to give me more adrenaline and then i could stroke out again

no thanks

so instead i will sit on the internet feeling my own blood move

Pony on
  • Options
    MikeManMikeMan Registered User regular
    edited July 2009
    ack wrote: »
    i didn't understand tasers either until i had one of my own and held it in my arms and it looked up at me and i just knew

best response in the cop thread ever

MikeMan on
  • Options
    SpoitSpoit *twitch twitch* Registered User regular
    edited July 2009
    So since some people got the movie thread closed...The ugly truth was actually pretty funny. And I <3 Gerad Buttler. In a totally non-homosexual way

Spoit on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    edited July 2009
    olanzapine

it's an anti-psychotic, which i use to keep my brain from going batshit and making my adrenal gland overproduce.

overproduction of adrenaline is the reason they figure i had a stroke back last year.

due to my own screw-ups, i didn't refill my meds promptly and went three days without them, which is apparently long enough for them to get out of my system and for my brain/body to go HOLY JESUS FUCK WANNA JUMP OVER THAT FENCE? OKAY!

even though i have a massive urge to go do a bunch of crazy shit and work out and use this surge, i ain't gonna because it's dumb and i could hurt myself and convince my body this is a good thing and to give me more adrenaline and then i could stroke out again

no thanks

WTB an overproductive adrenal gland.

_J_ on
  • Options
    edited July 2009
    no you dont

adrenaline is toxic

its fucking with his body to let him do that stuff, a constantly overproductive one will slowly wear down your whole body and reduce your lifespan drastically

its like jet fuel in an expensive car

Morninglord on
  • Options
    edited July 2009

olanzapine

no thanks

listen to what i'm listening to.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lyVDPo3pMsc

DasUberEdward on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    edited July 2009
    olanzapine

no thanks

WTB an overproductive adrenal gland.

upside: superhuman strength, endurance, and toughness

downside: possibility of extensive soft tissue and skeletal damage, including chronic stress fractures. may cause violent outbursts, poor judgment, and heart attack or stroke.

so uh

to be perfectly frank i'd rather not have it

i prefer being on the medication than to not

that said, feeling this surge right now is pretty amazing, first time in months

i am tempted to see how much i could bench but the last time i did that while surging bad i tore muscles in my arms and caused stress fractures

the human body is actually capable of exerting strength enough to destroy itself

Pony on
  • Options
    edited July 2009
    no you dont

adrenaline is toxic

its fucking with his body to let him do that stuff, a constantly overproductive one will slowly wear down your whole body and reduce your lifespan drastically

accurate

i have had this problem and other endocrine-related issues since i was like 12

doctors predicted i wouldn't live past 25

26 now! whoo!

as to whether exercise will help me, i am unsure

on one hand exerting myself under this surge feels amazing

and may actually help my body work out the imbalance

however, it has the possibility of making the imbalance worse and also i could really fuck up my muscles right now without realizing it

Pony on
  • Options
    Evil MultifariousEvil Multifarious Registered User regular
    edited July 2009
    so what you're saying is we should expect a "pony is dead: literally exploded into gory chunks after throwing someone through a storefront window" thread title within the next couple years

Evil Multifarious on
  • Options
    matt has a problemmatt has a problem Points to 'off' Points to 'on'Registered User regular
    edited July 2009
    no you dont

adrenaline is toxic

accurate

i have had this problem and other endocrine-related issues since i was like 12

doctors predicted i wouldn't live past 25

26 now! whoo!

as to whether exercise will help me, i am unsure

on one hand exerting myself under this surge feels amazing

and may actually help my body work out the imbalance

however, it has the possibility of making the imbalance worse and also i could really fuck up my muscles right now without realizing it
    Try taking a cold bath?

matt has a problem on
    nibXTE7.png
  • Options
    edited July 2009
    so what you're saying is we should expect a "pony is dead: literally exploded into gory chunks after throwing someone through a storefront window" thread title within the next couple years

not as long as i stay on my meds!

it's funny

i have all these things that happened in my life

anecdotes i have told folks on here sometimes, even

where i've waltzed away from injury or hurt people tremendously without much effort

it might leave people with the impression that i'm extremely tough and powerful

in reality i just have a medical problem that may in fact kill me one day

take that away and i'm not very tough at all

i went back to kickboxing earlier this year after having been on my meds for a while and the first time i got popped in the jaw i was taken aback by how much it actually hurt.

Pony on
  • Options
    OrganichuOrganichu poops peesRegistered User, Moderator mod
    edited July 2009
    Pony let's work out your adrenaline on my pelvis.

Organichu on
  • Options
    edited July 2009
    Organichu wrote: »

NOW YOU'RE TALKIN'!

Pony on
  • Options
    matt has a problemmatt has a problem Points to 'off' Points to 'on'Registered User regular
    edited July 2009

NOW YOU'RE TALKIN'!

snusnu.jpg

matt has a problem on
    nibXTE7.png
  • Options
    monikermoniker Registered User regular
    edited July 2009
    Gah, there is so much wrong in the inequality thread I don't even know where to begin. So I'll just try and avoid it.

moniker on
  • Options
    edited July 2009
    I AM A MOOD

SOMEONE BREAK ME OUT OF IT GRADYAFHNAFKAFAYHANFUUUUUUUUU

DasUberEdward on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    edited July 2009
    I AM A MOOD

I AM SEXUALLY HARASSING YOU

THROUGH THE INTERNET

SWEET CHEEKS

Pony on
  • Options
    OrganichuOrganichu poops peesRegistered User, Moderator mod
    edited July 2009
    I know it's silly and not exactly clever humor, but the sounds made by Zoidberg just... undo me. I start laughing uncontrollably. The 'whoop whoop whoop' sounds with his little mouth tentacles flying everywhere... God. Awesome.

Organichu on
  • Options
    Hi I'm Vee!Hi I'm Vee! Formerly VH; She/Her; Is an E X P E R I E N C E Registered User regular
    edited July 2009
    Poastin' from my new phone. Pre ftw!

Hi I'm Vee! on
    vRyue2p.png
  • Options
    monikermoniker Registered User regular
    edited July 2009
    I AM A MOOD

magritte-lovers.jpg

moniker on
  • Options
    edited July 2009
    I know it's silly and not exactly clever humor, but the sounds made by Zoidberg just... undo me. I start laughing uncontrollably. The 'whoop whoop whoop' sounds with his little mouth tentacles flying everywhere... God. Awesome.

Hurray, I'm useful!

_J_ on
  • Options
    Evil MultifariousEvil Multifarious Registered User regular
    edited July 2009
    Poastin' from my new phone. Pre ftw!

i think you got an autocorrect typo there.

Evil Multifarious on
  • Options
    edited July 2009
    moniker wrote: »
    I AM A MOOD

magritte-lovers.jpg

http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/NightmareFuel

Pony on
This discussion has been closed.