Options

What would Brian Boitano [Chat]?

1246741

Posts

  • Options
    BobCescaBobCesca Is a girl Birmingham, UKRegistered User regular
    edited July 2009
    Stupid question: what's "MST3K"?

    BobCesca on
  • Options
    _J__J_ Pedant Registered User, __BANNED USERS regular
    edited July 2009
    BobCesca wrote: »
    Stupid question: what's "MST3K"?

    Mystery
    Science
    Theatre
    3000

    Edit:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DcUkKltAidM

    Edit edit: La La La

    _J_ on
  • Options
    VariableVariable Mouth Congress Stroke Me Lady FameRegistered User regular
    edited July 2009
    I hate sleeping in hotel rooms. I'm completely over separation anxiety I used to feel away from home (as a young kid) except those last quiet moments in bed. I'm fully aware everything is fine, great even, but I feel a slight sense of panic.

    hence late night postings.

    Variable on
    BNet-Vari#1998 | Switch-SW 6960 6688 8388 | Steam | Twitch
  • Options
    VariableVariable Mouth Congress Stroke Me Lady FameRegistered User regular
    edited July 2009
    _J_ wrote: »
    "There's no such thing as bi-sexual. That's just something they invented in the mid-90s to sell hair products."

    Yes.

    Yes to this.

    as far as entertainment involving the number 3 with a certain amount of 0's following, 30 Rock is a far better choice than mst3k.

    or even just as far as entertainment.

    Variable on
    BNet-Vari#1998 | Switch-SW 6960 6688 8388 | Steam | Twitch
  • Options
    LudiousLudious I just wanted a sandwich A temporally dislocated QuiznosRegistered User regular
    edited July 2009
    Variable wrote: »
    I hate sleeping in hotel rooms. I'm completely over separation anxiety I used to feel away from home (as a young kid) except those last quiet moments in bed. I'm fully aware everything is fine, great even, but I feel a slight sense of panic.

    hence late night postings.


    I sympathize. I haven't had to travel for work in a while but last time I did it was a week of hell. i hate traveling, being away from home.

    Ludious on
  • Options
    _J__J_ Pedant Registered User, __BANNED USERS regular
    edited July 2009
    Variable wrote: »
    _J_ wrote: »
    "There's no such thing as bi-sexual. That's just something they invented in the mid-90s to sell hair products."

    Yes.

    Yes to this.

    as far as entertainment involving the number 3 with a certain amount of 0's following, 30 Rock is a far better choice than mst3k.

    or even just as far as entertainment.

    How does it feel to have no soul or sense of enjoyment?

    _J_ on
  • Options
    Dr Mario KartDr Mario Kart Games Dealer Austin, TXRegistered User regular
    edited July 2009
    Dating a mute would be pretty sweet. Nice and quiet.

    Dr Mario Kart on
  • Options
    VariableVariable Mouth Congress Stroke Me Lady FameRegistered User regular
    edited July 2009
    _J_ wrote: »
    Variable wrote: »
    _J_ wrote: »
    "There's no such thing as bi-sexual. That's just something they invented in the mid-90s to sell hair products."

    Yes.

    Yes to this.

    as far as entertainment involving the number 3 with a certain amount of 0's following, 30 Rock is a far better choice than mst3k.

    or even just as far as entertainment.

    How does it feel to have no soul or sense of enjoyment?

    but you clearly like 30 Rock

    Variable on
    BNet-Vari#1998 | Switch-SW 6960 6688 8388 | Steam | Twitch
  • Options
    VariableVariable Mouth Congress Stroke Me Lady FameRegistered User regular
    edited July 2009
    Ludious wrote: »
    Variable wrote: »
    I hate sleeping in hotel rooms. I'm completely over separation anxiety I used to feel away from home (as a young kid) except those last quiet moments in bed. I'm fully aware everything is fine, great even, but I feel a slight sense of panic.

    hence late night postings.


    I sympathize. I haven't had to travel for work in a while but last time I did it was a week of hell. i hate traveling, being away from home.

    I tend to end up sleeping a bit in the day and a bit at night. it works. the good thing is because it's vacation I don't exactly need to be on top of my game. no driving, obviously no working, etc.

    Variable on
    BNet-Vari#1998 | Switch-SW 6960 6688 8388 | Steam | Twitch
  • Options
    _J__J_ Pedant Registered User, __BANNED USERS regular
    edited July 2009
    Variable wrote: »
    _J_ wrote: »
    Variable wrote: »
    _J_ wrote: »
    "There's no such thing as bi-sexual. That's just something they invented in the mid-90s to sell hair products."

    Yes.

    Yes to this.

    as far as entertainment involving the number 3 with a certain amount of 0's following, 30 Rock is a far better choice than mst3k.

    or even just as far as entertainment.

    How does it feel to have no soul or sense of enjoyment?

    but you clearly like 30 Rock

    But you are incapable of assessing humor in a hierarchical manner.

    _J_ on
  • Options
    RonaldoTheGypsyRonaldoTheGypsy Yes, yes Registered User regular
    edited July 2009
    I enjoy candy.

    RonaldoTheGypsy on
  • Options
    _J__J_ Pedant Registered User, __BANNED USERS regular
    edited July 2009
    I enjoy candy.

    I also enjoy candy.

    Do you enjoy MST3K?

    _J_ on
  • Options
    _J__J_ Pedant Registered User, __BANNED USERS regular
    edited July 2009
    No less than 3/4 of the posts in the Toilet Paper thread would make fantastic "that's what she said" lead-ins.

    _J_ on
  • Options
    VariableVariable Mouth Congress Stroke Me Lady FameRegistered User regular
    edited July 2009
    i got some skittles last night but I think I threw them away. I wish I didn't.

    huh, I just remember what else was in the bag I put em in... I looked in the wrong place earlier. time to look around, quietly, with the light of my phone.

    edit - nope I did throw them away.

    Variable on
    BNet-Vari#1998 | Switch-SW 6960 6688 8388 | Steam | Twitch
  • Options
    _J__J_ Pedant Registered User, __BANNED USERS regular
    edited July 2009
    Variable wrote: »
    i got some skittles last night but I think I threw them away. I wish I didn't.

    huh, I just remember what else was in the bag I put em in... I looked in the wrong place earlier. time to look around, quietly, with the light of my phone.

    edit - nope I did throw them away.

    I feel your pain.

    _J_ on
  • Options
    rational vashrational vash Registered User regular
    edited July 2009
    Skittles have some great commercials.

    So much better than commercial's that just tell you why to buy their product

    It's like they don't give a fuck, because they know you will buy skittles regardless of their commercials

    skittles

    rational vash on
  • Options
    RonaldoTheGypsyRonaldoTheGypsy Yes, yes Registered User regular
    edited July 2009
    RonaldoTheGypsy on
  • Options
    _J__J_ Pedant Registered User, __BANNED USERS regular
    edited July 2009
    I go sleep now.

    Night, [chat]

    _J_ on
  • Options
    rational vashrational vash Registered User regular
    edited July 2009

    You never see the hand move coming

    And the bald guy looks so happy at the end

    magnificent

    rational vash on
  • Options
    BogartBogart Streetwise Hercules Registered User, Moderator mod
    edited July 2009
    I also have never seen any MST3K. From the descriptions given here it sounds like something that would be beloved by sneering hipsters who are unable to gain enjoyment out of anything in life if it isn't somehow ironic.

    Perhaps I will watch some and see if my uninformed snap judgement is correct. Or I might not bother and continue to loudly disparage it with no supporting evidence whatsoever. It's 50-50.

    Bogart on
  • Options
    rational vashrational vash Registered User regular
    edited July 2009
    Bogart wrote: »
    I also have never seen any MST3K. From the descriptions given here it sounds like something that would be beloved by sneering hipsters who are unable to gain enjoyment out of anything in life if it isn't somehow ironic.

    Perhaps I will watch some and see if my uninformed snap judgement is correct. Or I might not bother and continue to loudly disparage it with no supporting evidence whatsoever. It's 50-50.

    you're quite horrible you know

    rational vash on
  • Options
    BogartBogart Streetwise Hercules Registered User, Moderator mod
    edited July 2009
    Bogart wrote: »
    I also have never seen any MST3K. From the descriptions given here it sounds like something that would be beloved by sneering hipsters who are unable to gain enjoyment out of anything in life if it isn't somehow ironic.

    Perhaps I will watch some and see if my uninformed snap judgement is correct. Or I might not bother and continue to loudly disparage it with no supporting evidence whatsoever. It's 50-50.

    you're quite horrible you know

    But am I right?

    Bogart on
  • Options
    rational vashrational vash Registered User regular
    edited July 2009
    Bogart wrote: »
    Bogart wrote: »
    I also have never seen any MST3K. From the descriptions given here it sounds like something that would be beloved by sneering hipsters who are unable to gain enjoyment out of anything in life if it isn't somehow ironic.

    Perhaps I will watch some and see if my uninformed snap judgement is correct. Or I might not bother and continue to loudly disparage it with no supporting evidence whatsoever. It's 50-50.

    you're quite horrible you know

    But am I right?

    I suggest you look earlier in thread and take a gander at all the amazingly bad puns they came up with dealing with hands

    rational vash on
  • Options
    electricitylikesmeelectricitylikesme Registered User regular
    edited July 2009
    McMaster Carr are jerks. Or the American government is. Either way the point is due to TERRORISM the best single supplier of just about everything at awesome prices for the hobbyist won't ship outside the US.

    I'm considering a mail forwarding service.

    electricitylikesme on
  • Options
    OrganichuOrganichu poops peesRegistered User, Moderator mod
    edited July 2009
    Var where are you on vacation?

    Organichu on
  • Options
    BogartBogart Streetwise Hercules Registered User, Moderator mod
    edited July 2009
    I suggest you look earlier in thread and take a gander at all the amazingly bad puns they came up with dealing with hands

    That was one of thing that led me to my snap judgement. Amazingly bad puns are great and all, but watching a TV show whose main strength is amazingly bad puns strikes me as somewhat desperate. My idea of TV hell is a show where good jokes are absent and only ironically delivered bad ones remain.

    Bogart on
  • Options
    rational vashrational vash Registered User regular
    edited July 2009
    McMaster Carr are faggots. Or the American government is. Either way the point is due to TERRORISM the best single supplier of just about everything at awesome prices for the hobbyist won't ship outside the US.

    I'm considering a mail forwarding service.

    Hey

    When terrorist's spring their sprockets and pulverize their pulley's they don't waltz on down to the afghanistan home depot

    They order express from the finest hobby shop this side of the pond

    Because of that law IED's in Iraq are a thing of the past, right? Right?

    rational vash on
  • Options
    BogartBogart Streetwise Hercules Registered User, Moderator mod
    edited July 2009
    I am watching one of the clips. It's exactly as uninspiring as I feared. It's basically like watching terrible TV in the company of nerds who won't shut up and think they're hilarious. I can almost catch the smell of the supersize bag of cheetos they're eating. Than and Var are bang on the money. It's exactly the sort of thing I can imagine someone who stays in bed all day watching anime and eating popsicles would like.

    Oh, wait.

    Bogart on
  • Options
    Mojo_JojoMojo_Jojo We are only now beginning to understand the full power and ramifications of sexual intercourse Registered User regular
    edited July 2009
    Turns out it'll just be Monday in Brum. And I don't think I'll be able to get away from the Boss. It was looking much better when I was going solo on this one.

    Mojo_Jojo on
    Homogeneous distribution of your varieties of amuse-gueule
  • Options
    BogartBogart Streetwise Hercules Registered User, Moderator mod
    edited July 2009
    We really should do a deliberate D&D UK knees-up some time.

    Bogart on
  • Options
    electricitylikesmeelectricitylikesme Registered User regular
    edited July 2009
    So thanks to this latest set back, and the realization that the university ABN is a public bit of information, I am signing up for websites left right and centre.

    electricitylikesme on
  • Options
    Mojo_JojoMojo_Jojo We are only now beginning to understand the full power and ramifications of sexual intercourse Registered User regular
    edited July 2009
    Indeed. A shindig of epic proportion.

    Mojo_Jojo on
    Homogeneous distribution of your varieties of amuse-gueule
  • Options
    BogartBogart Streetwise Hercules Registered User, Moderator mod
    edited July 2009
    I dunno about epic proportions. There'd be me, you, bobcesca and japan there. Who else? Leitner's in Cambridge, I think, so maybe he'd be up for it as well. It would be an exclusive gathering.

    Bogart on
  • Options
    Mojo_JojoMojo_Jojo We are only now beginning to understand the full power and ramifications of sexual intercourse Registered User regular
    edited July 2009
    The shindig itself would be epic despite it having an attendance of four or five at a push.

    Mojo_Jojo on
    Homogeneous distribution of your varieties of amuse-gueule
  • Options
    BobCescaBobCesca Is a girl Birmingham, UKRegistered User regular
    edited July 2009
    Mojo_Jojo wrote: »
    Turns out it'll just be Monday in Brum. And I don't think I'll be able to get away from the Boss. It was looking much better when I was going solo on this one.

    no coffee?

    :(

    BobCesca on
  • Options
    Mojo_JojoMojo_Jojo We are only now beginning to understand the full power and ramifications of sexual intercourse Registered User regular
    edited July 2009
    BobCesca wrote: »
    Mojo_Jojo wrote: »
    Turns out it'll just be Monday in Brum. And I don't think I'll be able to get away from the Boss. It was looking much better when I was going solo on this one.

    no coffee?

    :(
    It seems unlikely, but I'll assess the situation as I see it and send you a message on the day.

    Mojo_Jojo on
    Homogeneous distribution of your varieties of amuse-gueule
  • Options
    HaphazardHaphazard Registered User regular
    edited July 2009
    Good day, commonwealthers.

    Haphazard on
  • Options
    BogartBogart Streetwise Hercules Registered User, Moderator mod
    edited July 2009
    Mojo_Jojo wrote: »
    The shindig itself would be epic despite it having an attendance of four or five at a push.

    Aye. Our shenanigins will be heroic and worthy of song.

    On another note, did Justin get banned, or did he just stalk off in a huff?

    Bogart on
  • Options
    BobCescaBobCesca Is a girl Birmingham, UKRegistered User regular
    edited July 2009
    Bogart wrote: »
    Mojo_Jojo wrote: »
    The shindig itself would be epic despite it having an attendance of four or five at a push.

    Aye. Our shenanigins will be heroic and worthy of song.

    There will have to be a meet up soon. Perhaps not until our house sale has gone through (due to skintness and japan's unrestrained panic about the whole thing). It's a shame Richy's not coming over in September anymore, 'cos that would have been a great opportunity for a piss-up.

    BobCesca on
  • Options
    Mojo_JojoMojo_Jojo We are only now beginning to understand the full power and ramifications of sexual intercourse Registered User regular
    edited July 2009
    The office used to have two or three poster tubes just hanging out. Now that I need one, it has ZERO.

    Mojo_Jojo on
    Homogeneous distribution of your varieties of amuse-gueule
This discussion has been closed.