OKAY

GETTING WORSE

HEART RATE AT 180 BPM

SWEATING LIKE CRAZY

DANG

CALLING MY MOM TO COME KEEP AN EYE ON ME

Could you get more medicine?

Or, like, go jogging or something?

more medicine won't do anything at this point, except the lorazepam which i don't want to take unless absolutely necessary since it does bad things to me after

it will actually take 1-2 days before the medication i took today does anything

this might subside on its own, but it might get even worse, hence my mom is now on her way to come hang out and keep an eye in case i collapse or vibrate through time or something

my body is shaking, i am sweating profusely, and my teeth are chattering

my heart feels like it's going to explode

i am afraid to do anything except sit where i am and try to relax, talking through it helps

if i exercise i am afraid of making it worse or making my bones shatter or something

Pony on
  • Options
    _J__J_ Pedant Registered User, __BANNED USERS regular
    edited July 2009
    If you have an abundance of energy would not using that energy deplete the reserves?

_J_ on
  • Options
    Hi I'm Vee!Hi I'm Vee! Formerly VH; She/Her; Is an E X P E R I E N C E Registered User regular
    edited July 2009
    Poastin' from my new phone. Pre ftw!

i think you got an autocorrect typo there.
    Everything I typed is correct, except that Pre should have an umlaut on the "e".

Hi I'm Vee! on
    vRyue2p.png
  • Options
    PonyPony Registered User regular
    edited July 2009
    _J_ wrote: »
    If you have an abundance of energy would not using that energy deplete the reserves?

it's not "energy" though, it's a chemical imbalance

my body isn't powered by a nuclear reactor or something

it just thinks it is

in reality i'm actually out of shape right now and in poor cardiovascular condition

the risk is if i exert myself right now i could actually damage my body because it will push itself farther than it is actually capable

i have torn muscles and fractured bone before in this condition without feeling anything until after

no thanks

also, there's a possibility my body could go "OH WE'RE EXERCISING NOW? MAYBE YOU NEED MORE EPINEPHRINE THEN!" and i could stroke out again

Pony on
  • Options
    themightypuckthemightypuck MontanaRegistered User regular
    edited July 2009
    Sorry to hear that Pony. A few years back I had a similar problem and then it just went away. In the meantime it sucked hard because for about a year I was afraid to do anything more strenuous than walk.

themightypuck on
    “Reject your sense of injury and the injury itself disappears.”
    ― Marcus Aurelius

Path of Exile: themightypuck
  • Options
    monikermoniker Registered User regular
    edited July 2009
    Pony wrote: »
    OKAY

GETTING WORSE

HEART RATE AT 180 BPM

SWEATING LIKE CRAZY

DANG

more medicine won't do anything at this point, except the lorazepam which i don't want to take unless absolutely necessary since it does bad things to me after

How about marzipan?

moniker on
  • Options
    EchoEcho ski-bap ba-dapModerator mod
    edited July 2009
    Everything I typed is correct, except that Pre should have an umlaut on the "e".

Prë

Echo on
  • Options
    edited July 2009
    moniker wrote: »
    OKAY

GETTING WORSE

HEART RATE AT 180 BPM

SWEATING LIKE CRAZY

DANG

How about marzipan?

i don't believe in alternative medicine

Pony on
  • Options
    TL DRTL DR Not at all confident in his reflexive opinions of thingsRegistered User regular
    edited July 2009
    Damn Pony, that's nuts. Sit in a dark room and take slow, deep breaths?

edit: Oh, nevermind. Haldol?

TL DR on
  • Options
    edited July 2009
    Echo wrote: »

Prë

Everything is better with umlauts.

moniker on
  • Options
    Hi I'm Vee!Hi I'm Vee! Formerly VH; She/Her; Is an E X P E R I E N C E Registered User regular
    edited July 2009
    Anyway, dinnertime. Later.

Hi I'm Vee! on
    vRyue2p.png
  • Options
    edited July 2009

naw

i got lorazepam if i gotta tranq myself

i've never tried haldol

but i don't like using benzos in general if i ain't gotta

they're addictive as shit

Pony on
  • Options
    AegisAegis Fear My Dance Overshot Toronto, Landed in OttawaRegistered User regular
    edited July 2009
    I now have proof that Thunder Bay is retarded.

City Council held a vote (much publicized in the previous weeks due to the "controversial" nature of it and the dozens of people having an opinion on the "issue"). They voted not to add fluoride to the water system because of the concerns of local people that it's a health hazard.

Aegis on
    We'll see how long this blog lasts
    Currently DMing: None :(
    Characters
    [5e] Dural Melairkyn - AC 18 | HP 40 | Melee +5/1d8+3 | Spell +4/DC 12
  • Options
    TL DRTL DR Not at all confident in his reflexive opinions of thingsRegistered User regular
    edited July 2009

naw

i've never tried haldol

You know movies with totally zonked out schizophrenic people that just take small steps and don't talk or do anything? That's Haldol.

Anyway it wasn't a suggestion so much as a joke on your alt. medicine comment. What constitutes alternative medicine to you?

TL DR on
  • Options
    edited July 2009

naw

i've never tried haldol

You know movies with totally zonked out schizophrenic people that just take small steps and don't talk or do anything? That's Haldol.

Anyway it wasn't a suggestion so much as a joke on your alt. medicine comment. What constitutes alternative medicine to you?

reflexology, acupuncture, those sorts of bodunk pseudo-medicines practices by not-doctors that make a bunch of claims backed by flimsy evidence and coincidental successes

i have a lot of really complex health problems and any suggestion by any person that i should resort to snake oils and chakra alignments to fix my very serious and real medical issues get to enjoy my blistering waves of fuck-you-gaze

people mean well

but i'm sorry, i don't just have chronic back pain, i have a shortened life expectancy because of inborn genetic disorders that can, and one day probably will, kill me

i don't fuck around when it comes to that or have any tolerance for using wormwood and ginger root and footrubs

Pony on
  • Options
    edited July 2009
    goodness that post was angrier than i had intended

oh well

Pony on
  • Options
    edited July 2009

naw

i've never tried haldol

reflexology, acupuncture, those sorts of bodunk pseudo-medicines practices by not-doctors that make a bunch of claims backed by flimsy evidence and coincidental successes

i have a lot of really complex health problems and any suggestion by any person that i should resort to snake oils and chakra alignments to fix my very serious and real medical issues get to enjoy my blistering waves of fuck-you-gaze

people mean well

but i'm sorry, i don't just have chronic back pain, i have a shortened life expectancy because of inborn genetic disorders that can, and one day probably will, kill me

i don't fuck around when it comes to that or have any tolerance for using wormwood and ginger root and footrubs

Fair enough, I once worked at a pharmacy and someone asked me to point them to the ear candles. It took everything I had not to tell him to check the phrenology department. The placebo effect is a potent thing though. Have you tried meditation?

TL DR on
  • Options
    edited July 2009
    Ear fucking candles?? WTF.

themightypuck on
    ― Marcus Aurelius

• Options
    CindersCinders Whose sails were black when it was windy Registered User regular
    edited July 2009
    The cop thread has gone to an odd place.

Cinders on
  • Options
    edited July 2009
    goodness that post was angrier than i had intended

oh well

It's understandable. But medical research funded by pharm companies is not going to do anything to promote something that can't be patented and sold. My mom just got methylphenidate from her doctor, for weight loss. The fucking doc didn't give her any information about diet and exercise.

TL DR on
  • Options
    edited July 2009

naw

i've never tried haldol

people mean well

Fair enough, I once worked at a pharmacy and someone asked me to point them to the ear candles. It took everything I had not to tell him to check the phrenology department. The placebo effect is a potent thing though. Have you tried meditation?

yes. as much as i scowl at alternative medicine and the suggestion by anyone that i try it, in fact i do utilize meditation and even spiritual practices specific to my religious faith as a way of positively affecting my psychological state, which in turn has a real effect on my physical health.

but i also don't make illusions about that. i mean, i certainly believe in the spiritual and mystical aspects of my faith that i practice, but at the same time i also believe that if they were subject to real scientific examination inevitably the methods by which any successes they can achieve would be discerned, even if the effect itself turns out to be nothing but placebic.

i don't feel a need to subject it to such scrutiny, however, so long as the success rate stays consistent to my individual usage and experience. outcomes are more important than method, for me.

which makes me wholeheartedly reject other forms of alternative medicine specifically because my skepticism and negative attitude towards them would inevitably and knowingly spoil any positive placebo effect they may have for people who believe in them.

i will stick to my real drugs and real medical treatments, and do all my religious nonsense on the side, and that works so i'll go with that

i try to step outside that and it will just end up with me wasting my time on irrelevant things, probably to my detriment for foolishly placed hope.

Pony on
  • Options
    edited July 2009
    Aegis wrote: »

City Council held a vote (much publicized in the previous weeks due to the "controversial" nature of it and the dozens of people having an opinion on the "issue"). They voted not to add fluoride to the water system because of the concerns of local people that it's a health hazard.

Now how are we going to get them to turn communist?

moniker on
  • Options
    Premier kakosPremier kakos Registered User, ClubPA regular
    edited July 2009

Which Thunder Bay?

Premier kakos on
  • Options
    Dunadan019Dunadan019 Registered User regular
    edited July 2009
    Ok, after being jerked around by the dealer because they want to cover their ass and don't understand what they're doing... I can finally pick my car up on monday garunteed or I get my deposit back.

Dunadan019 on
  • Options
    edited July 2009
    Dunadan019 wrote: »
    Ok, after being jerked around by the dealer because they want to cover their ass and don't understand what they're doing... I can finally pick my car up on monday garunteed or I get my deposit back.

I was interested until the word 'car'

TL DR on
  • Options
    LudiousLudious I just wanted a sandwich A temporally dislocated QuiznosRegistered User regular
    edited July 2009
    You aren't aware of the dangers of flouride?

Let me guess, you think it's good for you.

Ludious on
  • Options
    _J__J_ Pedant Registered User, __BANNED USERS regular
    edited July 2009
    yes. as much as i scowl at alternative medicine and the suggestion by anyone that i try it, in fact i do utilize meditation and even spiritual practices specific to my religious faith as a way of positively affecting my psychological state, which in turn has a real effect on my physical health.

but i also don't make illusions about that. i mean, i certainly believe in the spiritual and mystical aspects of my faith that i practice, but at the same time i also believe that if they were subject to real scientific examination inevitably the methods by which any successes they can achieve would be discerned, even if the effect itself turns out to be nothing but placebic.

i don't feel a need to subject it to such scrutiny, however, so long as the success rate stays consistent to my individual usage and experience. outcomes are more important than method, for me.

which makes me wholeheartedly reject other forms of alternative medicine specifically because my skepticism and negative attitude towards them would inevitably and knowingly spoil any positive placebo effect they may have for people who believe in them.

i will stick to my real drugs and real medical treatments, and do all my religious nonsense on the side, and that works so i'll go with that

i try to step outside that and it will just end up with me wasting my time on irrelevant things, probably to my detriment for foolishly placed hope.

Does your medical condition render you incapable of cognitive dissonance? Because that would be the only explanation for the above post.

"i certainly believe in the spiritual and mystical aspects of my faith"
    "i will stick to my real drugs and real medical treatments, and do all my religious nonsense on the side"

So you believe in nonsense?

Good times.

_J_ on
  • Options
    CouscousCouscous Registered User regular
    edited July 2009
    Ludious wrote: »

Fucking communists messing with my bodily fluids!

Couscous on
  • Options
    LudiousLudious I just wanted a sandwich A temporally dislocated QuiznosRegistered User regular
    edited July 2009
    Couscous wrote: »
    Ludious wrote: »

Fucking communists messing with my bodily fluids!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1SYgUi_f5yY

Ludious on
  • Options
    ProtoProto Registered User regular
    edited July 2009

Which Thunder Bay?

The one in Ontario.

also, thx for the advice the other day, they changed my contract no problem.

Proto on
    and her knees up on the glove compartment
    took out her barrettes and her hair spilled out like rootbeer
  • Options
    DasUberEdwardDasUberEdward Registered User regular
    edited July 2009
    _J_

You are my antithesis.

DasUberEdward on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    edited July 2009

Does your medical condition render you incapable of cognitive dissonance? Because that would be the only explanation for the above post.

"i will stick to my real drugs and real medical treatments, and do all my religious nonsense on the side"

Good times.

i acknowledge that rationally, my own spiritual practices are inherently unscientific and do not hold to objectively measurable logical standards, and thus are impossible to quantify for others.

as such, i consider it pointless to try to espouse them to others as legitimate or logical, because my reasons for doing them are anecdotal, subjective, and relative to my own personal experiences

my successes with them and what they have given me is without question to me personally, but i also understand that it is within the realm of possibility (and entirely probable) that any positive gains from such practices are due to processes that are psychological and placebic in nature.

as such, i am willing to shrug them off as "nonsense" and "unscientific hoodoo" even though i nonetheless do them and believe in their legitimacy, because it makes people more comfortable and allows them to converse with me without the apprehension that i am in some way attempting to espouse mysticism as legitimate practice that is objectively valid for everyone.

i believe what i believe. i do the things i do because i believe in them. i don't bother explaining or trying to justify them to others, because i logically understand how absurd the notions and practices can be to an outside observer.

however, so long as the consequences of these beliefs and actions continue to be positive, i don't see a rational reason to discontinue their practice. additionally, if their continued function is intrinsically linked to my sheer belief in their validity and that belief could be disrupted by scientific analysis showing they are worthless, i am comfortable in not doing so because i prefer the positive benefits even if they are only in my own head.

Pony on
  • Options
    edited July 2009
    I am glad i don't drink the Koolaid and can serve as a Lighthouse, a shining beacon in the darkness that is this liberal echo chamber.

Ludious on
  • Options
    edited July 2009

Good times.

First of all, your first sentence is backwards. Second, consider Kurt Vonnegut's quote: "Live by the harmless untruths that make you brave and kind and healthy and happy." If Pony derives tangible benefit from spiritual belief, and yet does not allow that belief to override rational thought in making decisions, then he is utilizing perhaps the only personally beneficial form of religion.

TL DR on
  • Options
    edited July 2009

Good times.

Everybody believes in nonsense. I remember seeing a discussion with a psychologist who would pay people 10 bucks to sign a document giving their souls to the devil and no one took the money.

themightypuck on
    ― Marcus Aurelius

• Options
    DasUberEdwardDasUberEdward Registered User regular
    edited July 2009
    Debris of an Automobile Giving Birth to a Blind Horse Biting a Telephone

DasUberEdward on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    HachfaceHachface Not the Minister Farrakhan you're thinking of Dammit, Shepard!Registered User regular
    edited July 2009
    what happened to that Chicken cop guy
    the cop thread needs more rage

Hachface on
This discussion has been closed.