As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Blame [Chat]ada!

• Options
    MorninglordMorninglord I'm tired of being Batman, so today I'll be Owl.Registered User regular
    edited July 2009
    Sarksus wrote: »
    Cool. The Final boss in Half-Life is glitched, and my last save file before it is all the way back in the Gonarchs Lair.

Fuck it.

How is it glitched?

It's all your fault.

ive never beaten that boss properly

i gave up on it and put in god mode and blew its brains out with no clip and a rocket launcher

it was no less satisfying because as a boss fight its pathetic
    It is glitched in that it's stupid head isn't open and there are no more giant glowing crystals to shoot.

No-clip through his head.

See.

I'm amazed they managed to make hl2's fight actually interesting.

Morninglord on
    (PSN: Morninglord) (Steam: Morninglord) (WiiU: Morninglord22) I like to record and toss up a lot of random gaming videos here.
  • Options
    ElendilElendil Registered User regular
    edited July 2009
    Haphazard wrote: »
    Elki wrote: »
    Got a bunch of movies. Will watch them during the course of the week, as always.

Sometimes I like having nothing to do.

What did you get?
    a bunch of movies

Elendil on
  • Options
    HaphazardHaphazard Registered User regular
    edited July 2009
    Elendil wrote: »
    Got a bunch of movies. Will watch them during the course of the week, as always.

What did you get?
    a bunch of movies

No way!

Haphazard on
  • Options
    edited July 2009
    I too would be pretty amazed at this

Elendil on
  • Options
    MorninglordMorninglord I'm tired of being Batman, so today I'll be Owl.Registered User regular
    edited July 2009
    what kind of movies

hey i found it interesting screw you :P

Morninglord on
    (PSN: Morninglord) (Steam: Morninglord) (WiiU: Morninglord22) I like to record and toss up a lot of random gaming videos here.
  • Options
    PreacherPreacher Registered User regular
    edited July 2009

See.

Learned their lesson, the last part of HL2 was a ton of fun, still doesn't make up for Xen sucking ass.

Preacher on
    I would like some money because these are artisanal nuggets of wisdom philistine.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    SarksusSarksus ATTACK AND DETHRONE GODRegistered User regular
    edited July 2009
    The last fight is okay once you realize you can hide behind the bigger stalagmites in order to avoid getting teleported. Xen could have been done better though. I liked Xen in the third-party mod Someplace Else.

Sarksus on
  • Options
    edited July 2009
    Oh H/A you never dissapoint me.

Preacher on
    I would like some money because these are artisanal nuggets of wisdom philistine.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    edited July 2009
    The factories or whatever in Xen were awful, though. The outdoor portions were better although the platforming was annoying.

Sarksus on
  • Options
    edited July 2009
    Preacher wrote: »

See.

Learned their lesson, the last part of HL2 was a ton of fun, still doesn't make up for Xen sucking ass.

only if you like holding a grudge

grudge boy

Morninglord on
  • Options
    ElkiElki get busy Moderator, ClubPA mod
    edited July 2009

What did you get?

F for Fake, Becket (will probably watch this first), Night on Earth, Chungking Express, in the Mood for Love, Lost in Translation, Brotherhood of the Wolf, the Good the Bad and the Ugly, All Quiet on the Western Front, Everything is Illuminated, and Once Upon a Time in the West.

Elki on
    smCQ5WE.jpg
  • Options
    Shazkar ShadowstormShazkar Shadowstorm Registered User regular
    edited July 2009
    you guys have seen this right: http://kotaku.com/5325198/this-looks-like-art-from-warren-spectors-steampunk-disney-game

lost in translation huh
    my friend said he went to the karaoke place from it the other day

Shazkar Shadowstorm on
    poo
  • Options
    edited July 2009

See.

grudge boy

I hold grudges forever. YOU HEAR THAT SCOTT SCHNIEDER I REMEMBER YOU STEALING MY CHOCOLATE MILK IN THE 5TH GRADE MOTHER FUCKER!!! WHEELS ARE TURNING BITCH WHEELS ARE TURNING!

Preacher on

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    edited July 2009
    Does anyone else say to themselves "stalactites are the ones on the ceiling of the cave because they hold on tight!" when they want to remember the dfiference?

Sarksus on
  • Options
    edited July 2009
    stalagmites are on the roof because they might fall

Elendil on
  • Options
    edited July 2009
    you guys have seen this right: http://kotaku.com/5325198/this-looks-like-art-from-warren-spectors-steampunk-disney-game

lost in translation huh
    my friend said he went to the karaoke place from it the other day

Yeah it looks awesome. I can't wait to show it to a friend of mine who is a big Kingdom Hearts fan.

Sarksus on
  • Options
    edited July 2009
    Does anyone else say to themselves "stalactites are the ones on the ceiling of the cave because they hold on tight!" when they want to remember the dfiference?

No, never.

Preacher on

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    PodlyPodly you unzipped me! it's all coming back! i don't like it!Registered User regular
    edited July 2009
    Lost in Translation is amazing.
    Are you a big wong kar wai fan, Elki? Because the pacing of ItMfL is sloooooow, even for him.

Podly on
    follow my music twitter soundcloud tumblr
    9pr1GIh.jpg?1
  • Options
    AegisAegis Fear My Dance Overshot Toronto, Landed in OttawaRegistered User regular
    edited July 2009

We just learned in school:

stalactite - ceiling
    stalagmite - ground

Aegis on
    We'll see how long this blog lasts
    Currently DMing: None :(
    Characters
    [5e] Dural Melairkyn - AC 18 | HP 40 | Melee +5/1d8+3 | Spell +4/DC 12
  • Options
    edited July 2009

See.

grudge boy

I hold grudges forever. YOU HEAR THAT SCOTT SCHNIEDER I REMEMBER YOU STEALING MY CHOCOLATE MILK IN THE 5TH GRADE MOTHER FUCKER!!! WHEELS ARE TURNING BITCH WHEELS ARE TURNING!

you are the kind of man i would probably want to hang around at a bar with if i ever hung around at bars

it would be so much fun

Morninglord on
  • Options
    Dunadan019Dunadan019 Registered User regular
    edited July 2009

stalactite's are the important ones. who cares about whatever the crap is on the ground.

Dunadan019 on
  • Options
    edited July 2009

What did you get?

F for Fake, Becket (will probably watch this first), Night on Earth, Chungking Express, in the Mood for Love, Lost in Translation, Brotherhood of the Wolf, the Good the Bad and the Ugly, All Quiet on the Western Front, Everything is Illuminated, and Once Upon a Time in the West.

Whoa, quite the haul. And a good one, too!

Haphazard on
  • Options
    PodlyPodly you unzipped me! it's all coming back! i don't like it!Registered User regular
    edited July 2009
    if anyone's looking for a groove, I might use this for a backbeat at an upcoming DJ gig

http://www.box.net/shared/5x9atkpzic

Podly on
    9pr1GIh.jpg?1
  • Options
    skippydumptruckskippydumptruck begin again Registered User regular
    edited July 2009
    it is weird that knowing what stala- are is like, universally important knowledge

I would guess that most people have seen neither

skippydumptruck on
  • Options
    ElkiElki get busy Moderator, ClubPA mod
    edited July 2009
    Podly wrote: »
    Are you a big wong kar wai fan, Elki? Because the pacing of ItMfL is sloooooow, even for him.

I only saw 2046 back during its theatrical run, but I thought it was pretty amazing so I'm checking out his other movies now.

Elki on
    smCQ5WE.jpg
  • Options
    edited July 2009
    Aegis wrote: »

We just learned in school:

stalactite - ceiling
    stalagmite - ground

Our geology teacher said "tits ought to hang down, just remember that".

Haphazard on
  • Options
    edited July 2009
    it is weird that knowing what stala- are is like, universally important knowledge

Mystic Cave zone

Elendil on
  • Options
    TL DRTL DR Not at all confident in his reflexive opinions of thingsRegistered User regular
    edited July 2009

Yes

TL DR on
  • Options
    FeralFeral MEMETICHARIZARD interior crocodile alligator ⇔ ǝɹʇɐǝɥʇ ǝᴉʌoɯ ʇǝloɹʌǝɥɔ ɐ ǝʌᴉɹp ᴉRegistered User regular
    edited July 2009

Yes

Never before, but I'm gonna start.

Feral on
    every person who doesn't like an acquired taste always seems to think everyone who likes it is faking it. it should be an official fallacy.

the "no true scotch man" fallacy.
  • Options
    EchoEcho ski-bap ba-dapModerator mod
    edited July 2009
    Whenever I play an MMO I feel guilty if I want to stop playing because I feel like I'm letting the buddies down!

I was so relieved when the guild got a couple of new tanks so I could cut down on my raiding.

Echo on
  • Options
    edited July 2009

when the bombs are dropped in the fourth world war we are all going to be living in caves

you are gonna be really glad you know that stalagmites are the ones that are on the ceiling and stalagtites...wait

er

?

shit

Morninglord on
  • Options
    ElldrenElldren Is a woman dammit ceterum censeoRegistered User regular
    edited July 2009

You've never been in a cave? :o

Elldren on
    fuck gendered marketing
  • Options
    edited July 2009

you are the kind of man i would probably want to hang around at a bar with if i ever hung around at bars

it would be so much fun

I don't shut up, honestly I'll keep talking forever if possible. I have talked myself hoarse. This is a warning for any future contact.

Preacher on

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    edited July 2009
    Podly wrote: »

I only saw 2046 back during its theatrical run, but I thought it was pretty amazing so I'm checking out his other movies now.

I like 2046 waaaaay better than ItMfL. But that might just be me.

Podly on
    9pr1GIh.jpg?1
  • Options
    Dunadan019Dunadan019 Registered User regular
    edited July 2009
    its a million degrees outside.

Dunadan019 on
  • Options
    descdesc Goretexing to death Registered User regular
    edited July 2009

<3

desc on
  • Options
    Look Out it's Sabs!Look Out it's Sabs! Registered User regular
    edited July 2009
    Watching Kiss Kiss Bang Bang again, I think this is easily one of my favourite movies.

Look Out it's Sabs! on
    NNID: Sabuiy
    3DS: 2852-6809-9411
  • Options
    edited July 2009
    Elldren wrote: »

You've never been in a cave? :o

yeah man shit elldren here lives in one

Morninglord on
  • Options
    nexuscrawlernexuscrawler Registered User regular
    edited July 2009
    2046 was closer to Chung King Express and Fallen Angels

In The Mood I felt lost his charming sense of humor and took itself way too damn seriously

nexuscrawler on
  • Options
    edited July 2009
    Dunadan019 wrote: »
    its a million degrees outside.

At least.

Haphazard on
This discussion has been closed.