Options

[Glossolalia++] Leonines and Theresai and a Bear, oh My!

• Options
    LockoutLockout I am still searching Registered User regular
    edited July 2009
    "Tommy, before you fly off, you think you could give me that buildshard so we can put it in Haven?"

Lockout on
    f24GSaF.jpg
  • Options
    DoobhDoobh She/Her, Ace Pan/Bisexual 8-) What's up, bootlickers?Registered User regular
    edited July 2009
    Dubh perches on the edge of the building, eying the warren slopes. He plucks an eye out of his head and wedges it on a pile of grime, before teleporting to the water and swimming downwards...

Doobh on
    Miss me? Find me on:

Twitch (I stream most days of the week)
    Twitter (mean leftist discourse)
  • Options
    BearstranautBearstranaut Registered User regular
    edited July 2009
    Gary decides to go get himself into trouble.

046581d90b3c_main200.jpg

Bearstranaut on
    You ever try and draw Falcor as a giant dong? No? It just ends up looking like a long cyclops.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    Viscount IslandsViscount Islands [INSERT SoKo HERE] ...it was the summer of my lifeRegistered User regular
    edited July 2009
    The Doctor picks up the orb from next to the still body of the leonine he fought.

"What're we looking for? These." He says, holding up the orb in front of him. A smile flashes fleetingly across his lips."Let's head for the Fall."

He starts off towards the Fall, exchanging pleasantries with the residents of The Climb.

Viscount Islands on
    I want to do with you
    What spring does with the cherry trees.
  • Options
    DE?ADDE?AD Registered User regular
    edited July 2009
    [The Dank]
    As Dubh walks forward into the dull gray water, he finds it running up his arms and legs, pulling him down into itself. The liquid is strange - heavier than it should be, he can feel its weight on his chest and shoulders. His eyelids flutter, and begin to droop as the pooled rain seeps into his body.

[Gary]
    Gary is browsing the various merchant stalls in The Square of The Singing Lady when a dude just straight up punches him out of nowhere. Just all bam.

[Spiraling Ascent Into Cloud]
    Buildshard: Gray Cliff added to The Doctor's Inventory.

The residents of the climb wave and smile to The Doctor as he blows past. It seems word of the Lady's warrant for their arrest has not reached this borough yet. It seems the largest pastime here is a sort of elaborate game of ball, involving a single boulder, an indeterminable amount of players, and a set of paired goals set in an apparently random position somewhere on the mountain. Other civilians busy themselves by sitting on the edge of the road, overlooking the mists below, casting lines of silver hung with hooks and shardfragments off into the clouds.

After about ten minutes of following the path up and around the massive gray peak, The Doctor and The Swift One come upon a great wall built across the road. Four men of massive build stand in front of the gate, carrying heavy, long-handled hammers. They look the Two of Ten over before the rightmost guard steps forward. "Goodday, sirts," he says with a polite bow. He holds out an expectant hand. "Toll to the peak's five shard."

DE?AD on
  • Options
    DoobhDoobh She/Her, Ace Pan/Bisexual 8-) What's up, bootlickers?Registered User regular
    edited July 2009
    you better not be fucking me for following your hints

Dubh doesn't give a shit and dives downward.

Doobh on
    Miss me? Find me on:

• Options
    Viscount IslandsViscount Islands [INSERT SoKo HERE] ...it was the summer of my lifeRegistered User regular
    edited July 2009
    "A most pleasant day to you as well, young man. I am sorry, but me and my companion are not sure what currency with which we pay the toll. Perhaps we could pass and come back and pay you another time?"

He gives the guard a charming, white smile under his floating crimson lenses.

Viscount Islands on
    I want to do with you
  • Options
    edited July 2009
    Gary's head takes a sharp turn to the left, his face looking over his shoulder. His back is arched backwards, and freezes there.

There is a dead silence. And then?

Gary begins to cackle.

"ahahahahahahahahahahaHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!"

This continues as he slowly swivels back into a more natural position, and his eyes level at the fool who dare strike the Mad Hedon - he stares, with wild open eyes, and begins to hunch over - not in pain, but like a spring, compressed in a way as to uncoil with the most explosive energy possible.

curr_horror.jpg

Bearstranaut on
    You ever try and draw Falcor as a giant dong? No? It just ends up looking like a long cyclops.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    AntimatterAntimatter Devo Was Right Gates of SteelRegistered User regular
    edited July 2009
    Dubh wrote: »
    you better not be fucking me for following your hints

not DE?AD, no, never
    <3 you DE?AD

Antimatter on
  • Options
    edited July 2009
    Hints D:

I thought he was hinting that your getting into dangerous territory...

Viscount Islands on
    I want to do with you
  • Options
    edited July 2009
    Gary's head takes a sharp turn to the left, his face looking over his shoulder. His spine arches backwards, and freezes there.

There is a dead silence. And then?

Gary begins to cackle.

"ahahahahahahahahahahaHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!"

This continues as he slowly swivels back into a more natural position, and his eyes level at the fool who dare strike the Mad Hedon - he stares, with wild open eyes, and begins to hunch over - not in pain, but like a spring, compressed in a way as to uncoil with the most explosive energy possible.

curr_horror.jpg

Just so it won't be missed

Bearstranaut on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    edited July 2009
    What hints? All I'm doin' is describing some terrain, man.

[The Dank]
    Dubh strides forward, walking down the submerged street, allowing himself to sink below the surface of the cold gray liquid. It rolls up over his head, and then he is dead to the world.

Below the waveless water, Dubh finds the sunken city much like the city above, only, y'know, watery. If anything, there seems to be more activity here - as silvery forms slip through the hazey darkness of the liquid. They are like him, he realizes, but they have altered themselves to adapt to this place - merging their legs into a single strong tail, streamlining their features, widening their hands into great, fin-like claws. Several of them dance past him without taking notice, but a sixth, a burly creature of dull iron, sea mist, and stagnant water, comes up to look at him.

It does not speak, merely twists its head from side to side like a bird.

[Spiraling Ascent Into Cloud]
    The guard gives The Doctor a curious look. "Shard, sirt," he repeats himself, as if this explains everything. As an example, he reaches up and plucks a shard from his arm, flips it around in his fingers and sets it back into his body.

[Square of The Singing Lady]
    Gary turns to see that he is in fact, menacing a wiry being of iron, rust, and rage, with large crab-like claws where his hands should be, a wicked, bladed tail, and a mass of chittering mandibles where his face should be.

It chitters at him.

DE?AD on
  • Options
    edited July 2009
    Dubh shapeshifts into an extra spiny urchin and teleports forward through the water, past Mr. Burly.

Doobh on
    Miss me? Find me on:

• Options
    edited July 2009
    Gary chitters back, and begins to move like..well, a little like this -

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9OSQOz3W0u4

Bearstranaut on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    edited July 2009
    "Ah, I see. Curious, our own substance serves as a currency." The Doctor nods thoughtfully,"That makes sense when we can all bring things into existence if we wish."

The Doctor pays the guards fees and moves along.

Viscount Islands on
    I want to do with you
  • Options
    edited July 2009
    Dubh, why you gotta be a dick to Mr. Burly?

Dude was just being friendly.

DE?AD on
  • Options
    edited July 2009
    he could have tried saying hi

now he's in awkward position if he tries to follow Dubh
    like a creepy stalker

Doobh on
    Miss me? Find me on:

• Options
    Tommy2HandsTommy2Hands what is this where am i Registered User regular
    edited July 2009
    I do not know what to do

Tommy seems to remember something

"Hey Universe, do you have any idea where my joint went?"

Tommy2Hands on
    8j12qx8ma5j5.jpg
  • Options
    NeoTomaNeoToma Registered User regular
    edited July 2009
    Look into the past or future? Idk

Seeing as everyone talks in gurgles charming seems useless, and seeing as I don't know anybody Name-Knower probably isn't gonna help me at all here either.

NeoToma on
  • Options
    edited July 2009
    Locth makes a mental note to dump food mix down the loo and blame it on Tommy. He then gets the hell out Dodge before he becomes any grayer.

Don't really know where to head from here. Probably'll just hang around until something comes up.

Lockout on
    f24GSaF.jpg
  • Options
    edited July 2009
    sleeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeep

Doobh on
    Miss me? Find me on:

• Options
    edited July 2009
    Tommy is on the fast track to pissing off the universe like a boss

Bearstranaut on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    edited July 2009
    the universe was pissed off before

Tommy2Hands on
    8j12qx8ma5j5.jpg
  • Options
    edited July 2009
    it only seems to say anything when you talk to it

and then it's pissed off

Doobh on
    Miss me? Find me on:

• Options
    edited July 2009
    and it's fun!

Tommy2Hands on
    8j12qx8ma5j5.jpg
  • Options
    edited July 2009
    Yeah but it's the universe

have you no idea what it is capable of?!

anything!

Bearstranaut on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    scarlet st.scarlet st. Registered User regular
    edited July 2009
    Can I use my Cerebral Artificer trait to create empty, blank build shards.
    Then throw those build shards at things.
    Like a pokeball
    skoroballin' all ovah the town

scarlet st. on
    japsig.jpg
  • Options
    edited July 2009
    that's the best damn idea I've ever heard.

Bearstranaut on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    Speed RacerSpeed Racer Scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratchRegistered User regular
    edited July 2009
    "Uh okay but why are we looking for them?" Speed asks as he rips some shards out of his body to pay the toll. "I mean I understand that they will let us create things in the area within or maybe without I wasn't too clear on that the Haven, but I don't really see how that's in line with our goals? Making stuff doesn't seem like it will help us defeat the Cracked Lady or regain the information we lost and which we originally tried to regain by speaking with the Oracles."

Speed Racer on
  • Options
    edited July 2009
    The Third replies via comm, "Speed, it seems to me that the shards will become valuable tools in creating a world separate from Signet. If the Cracked Lady is so important to the very fiber of Signet, perhaps her destruction will cause abnormalities. I will study these shards and report." She turns curtly to Locth and motions for the build shard, "I shall return to Haven and begin directly."

scarlet st. on
    japsig.jpg
  • Options
    edited July 2009
    tomms has it

Lockout on
    f24GSaF.jpg
  • Options
    edited July 2009
    The Third looks at Tommy's form plastered to the pavement and raises a brow, "
    then says the same thing look okay

scarlet st. on
    japsig.jpg
  • Options
    edited July 2009
    I have now seen what Scarlet, Bear, Dubh, and Lock look like. My mental images of NeoToma, Tommy, and Speed kee getting more and more hideous to preserve a Group Attractiveness Level of "Homely".

...and yes, Scarlet, The Third can work on developing pokeshards.

DE?AD on
  • Options
    edited July 2009
    fuck yes

scarlet st. on
    japsig.jpg
  • Options
    edited July 2009
    silver surfer and ash ketchum slash fics go

scarlet st. on
    japsig.jpg
  • Options
    edited July 2009
    Seriously, though, what the fuck is with everyone having a billion pictures of themselves?

I have never once thought to myself "Dude, I should totally document myself doing this thing".

Maybe it's just because I'm hideous, but, c'mon, seriously.

DE?AD on
  • Options
    edited July 2009
    Dead, I maybe short, but homely?

cmon now

but, for your sake, I will not post a picture of myself ever
    can't wait to see you on the 8th

Tommy2Hands on
    8j12qx8ma5j5.jpg
  • Options
    edited July 2009
    Tommy, I don't know how to say this, but...

I'm probably not gonna be there.

Like, not at all

DE?AD on
  • Options
    edited July 2009
    'Tis the weekend of the Rankenphile, the 8th.

And really, DE?AD, I think pictures are rarely the fault of the subject.

Doobh on
    Miss me? Find me on:

• Options
    Speed RacerSpeed Racer Scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratchRegistered User regular
    edited July 2009
    On the subject of appearances, I really need a haircut.

Speed Racer on
This discussion has been closed.