Options

LOST Break Thread

• Options
    DislexicDislexic Creepy Uncle Bad Touch Your local playgroundRegistered User regular
    edited August 2009
    Okay, I think I've figured out where the final season is headed.
    Judging from the things we saw at Comic-Con, I think that they DID change the events of history, but that there isn't going to just be a new, fresh start, like with the reset button. I think what they changed will flash before their eyes, like what Desmond saw in the 3rd season, and the final season will involve the Losties regrouping to find their destiny (going to the island of their own free will). If this is the case, I will be thoroughly impressed by Damon and Carlton's methods.

Oh man am I pumped to find out for sure.

Dislexic on
    batsig.jpg
  • Options
    TasteticleTasteticle Registered User regular
    edited August 2009
    Dislexic wrote: »
    Judging from the things we saw at Comic-Con, I think that they DID change the events of history, but that there isn't going to just be a new, fresh start, like with the reset button. I think what they changed will flash before their eyes, like what Desmond saw in the 3rd season, and the final season will involve the Losties regrouping to find their destiny (going to the island of their own free will). If this is the case, I will be thoroughly impressed by Damon and Carlton's methods.

What I am thinking is
    "Whatever happened, happened". They still crash on the island, and yet they did change things to prevent that. We are going to get into parallel timelines and we will all have brain aneurysms trying to follow it.

What I am wondering more about, however, is what did Jacob mean when he said "They're coming." before his BFF kicked him into the fire? Did he mean that the people outside the statue were coming in, or was Jacob the last thing stopping something very bad from happening and now shit is about to get (even more) real?

Tasteticle on

Uh-oh I accidentally deleted my signature. Uh-oh!!
  • Options
    DislexicDislexic Creepy Uncle Bad Touch Your local playgroundRegistered User regular
    edited August 2009
    Tasteticle wrote: »

What I am thinking is
    "Whatever happened, happened". They still crash on the island, and yet they did change things to prevent that. We are going to get into parallel timelines and we will all have brain aneurysms trying to follow it.

What I am wondering more about, however, is what did Jacob mean when he said "They're coming." before his BFF kicked him into the fire? Did he mean that the people outside the statue were coming in, or was Jacob the last thing stopping something very bad from happening and now shit is about to get (even more) real?

Here's my theory, based solely on my own reasoning.
    I think the "they" he was talking about is the castaways from the alternate timeline, the one we've yet to see, coming to the island.

Dislexic on
    batsig.jpg
  • Options
    edited August 2009

What I am thinking is

Here's my theory, based solely on my own reasoning.
    I think the "they" he was talking about is the castaways from the alternate timeline, the one we've yet to see, coming to the island.

Holy mindfuck batman

Good god just the fact that that theory is plausible is why I love this show so much.

You know, I was always hoping that
    Jacob and his BFF were not the only ones of their kind by a long shot and there was some massive hidden war going on and these two guys turn out to be small potatoes in the grand scheme of things.

Tasteticle on

• Options
    Centipede DamascusCentipede Damascus Registered User regular
    edited August 2009
    you guys are weird

it's pretty obvious that Jacob's buddy is
    Esau

Centipede Damascus on
  • Options
    DJ EebsDJ Eebs Moderator, Administrator admin
    edited August 2009
    yes, that's the name that's basically been decided on by the internet

DJ Eebs on
  • Options
    edited August 2009
    CD.

Internet Detective.

Tasteticle on

• Options
    DesertBoxDesertBox Registered User regular
    edited August 2009
    So I haven't looked at any of the comic-con things for fear of spoiling myself. Is it spoiler-rific or merely hype-rific? Cos I want to be hyped, but not spoiled

DesertBox on
  • Options
    edited August 2009
    Also what if the whispers are
    Somehow linked to this whole "parallel timeline" stuff? So what Jack and co did worked in a sense that they created one timeline where Oceanic didn't crash but failed to change what had already happened in their timeline. So the whispers are like, the residual effects of two very different timelines taking place on this island?

Tasteticle on

• Options
    edited August 2009
    you guys are weird

Esau

yes, welcome to 3 months ago

Dislexic on
    batsig.jpg
  • Options
    edited August 2009
    Somehow linked to this whole "parallel timeline" stuff? So what Jack and co did worked in a sense that they created one timeline where Oceanic didn't crash but failed to change what had already happened in their timeline. So the whispers are like, the residual effects of two very different timelines taking place on this island?

that's immediately where my mind went when I had my theory.

Dislexic on
    batsig.jpg
  • Options
    Centipede DamascusCentipede Damascus Registered User regular
    edited August 2009
    you guys are weird

Esau

yes, welcome to 3 months ago

well I didn't see anybody mentioning it here so buttons

Centipede Damascus on
  • Options
    MikeRyuMikeRyu Registered User regular
    edited August 2009

that's immediately where my mind went when I had my theory.

It's a good theory, also maybe explaining the appearance of characters who shouldn't be there but I don't know how that works really, as they only appear at certain times for specific reasons.

MikeRyu on
    Ranmasig5.png
  • Options
    DarricDarric Santa MonicaRegistered User regular
    edited August 2009
    Oh hey, I never saw this before now, despite dating back to May, but the official recap confirms the statue as of Tawaret (not Sobek, as was also being thrown around as a possibility here):

http://abc.go.com/primetime/lost/index?pn=recap#t=162212&d=201648

Apologies for oldness, I'm pretty sure it never came up in the old threads.

Darric on
  • Options
    edited August 2009
    Darric wrote: »
    Oh hey, I never saw this before now, despite dating back to May, but the official recap confirms the statue as of Tawaret (not Sobek, as was also being thrown around as a possibility here):

http://abc.go.com/primetime/lost/index?pn=recap#t=162212&d=201648

Apologies for oldness, I'm pretty sure it never came up in the old threads.

It came up maybe one billion times

Tasteticle on

• Options
    Dorktron9000Dorktron9000 Registered User regular
    edited August 2009
    Son of a bitch.

I think I'm gonna have to do a re-watch before the final season starts.

Dorktron9000 on
  • Options
    edited August 2009
    I am doing that right now and am about 10 episodes into season 1.

They really fucked up with Rousseau's character.

I mean yeah they can explain the inconsistencies with her early stories and later reveals with "that bitch be crazy" but really it's pretty noticeable sometimes they just blantantly either forgot about or dropped entire details.

Tasteticle on

• Options
    edited August 2009
    oh hey look she just told sayid she had never seen an other.

Except for the part where she saw ben take her child.

Tasteticle on

• Options
    captainkcaptaink TexasRegistered User regular
    edited August 2009
    Well, she could be lying. She does that.

captaink on
  • Options
    edited August 2009
    Also, Lost Book Club. Would anyone be interested? What books would we even read?

captaink on
  • Options
    edited August 2009
    Yeah, I think the Rousseau business is pretty sloppy in the end.

But, seriously, that bitch was crazy.

Dorktron9000 on
  • Options
    SaigaSaiga Registered User regular
    edited August 2009
    captaink wrote: »
    Also, Lost Book Club. Would anyone be interested? What books would we even read?

I'd be interested, there should be a list on one of the sites, but we could always make our own list.

Saiga on
    28je138.png
  • Options
    UnbreakableVowUnbreakableVow Registered User regular
    edited August 2009
    oh hey look she just told sayid she had never seen an other.

Except for the part where she saw ben take her child.

Yeah, I'm doing a rewatch (just finished "Collision" in Season 2 today) and thought that was pretty much the only big continuity fuck-up I've been able to see so far.

UnbreakableVow on
  • Options
    zimfanzimfan Registered User regular
    edited August 2009
    Saiga wrote: »

I'd be interested, there should be a list on one of the sites, but we could always make our own list.

I'm up for it

zimfan on
    PasscodeSig.png
  • Options
    edited August 2009
    First up:

Are You There God? It's Me, Margaret.

UnbreakableVow on
  • Options
    BalefuegoBalefuego Registered User regular
    edited August 2009
    probably a lot of stephen king books

Balefuego on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    edited August 2009
    Slaughterhouse Five
    A Brief History of Time

captaink on
  • Options
    edited August 2009

Apparently the season 5 Blu-ray has a list of every book used/referenced in the series

Tasteticle on

• Options
    edited August 2009

Apparently the season 5 Blu-ray has a list of every book used/referenced in the series

Freakin' rad.

captaink on
  • Options
    edited August 2009

Lostpedia has a pretty extensive one available right now, but that's still good news. Lost bonus features are the best.

Also, I'm weak and the re-watch I'm doing right now is on Blu-ray. Season 3 should be arriving soon.

UnbreakableVow on
  • Options
    edited August 2009
    I finished my re-watch like 2 months ago.

I'm going to try to fit in another in a couple months from now.

Dislexic on
    batsig.jpg
  • Options
    edited August 2009
    YOU ALL.

EVERYBODY.

Dorktron9000 on
  • Options
    TurnpikeLadTurnpikeLad Registered User regular
    edited August 2009
    I wonder how far in the future we'll have to wait until somebody invents a single disc capable of containing all six seasons of Lost in HD with extras.

TurnpikeLad on
  • Options
    edited August 2009
    Why wait when we can just turn a donkey wheel

Tasteticle on

• Options
    edited August 2009
    I'm sorry that was terrible

Tasteticle on

• Options
    zimfanzimfan Registered User regular
    edited August 2009
    I wonder how far in the future we'll have to wait until somebody invents a single disc capable of containing all six seasons of Lost in HD with extras.

probably like 20 years or so

zimfan on
    PasscodeSig.png
  • Options
    CrackedLensCrackedLens Registered User regular
    edited August 2009
    zimfan wrote: »

just about the time Star Wars is released on BluRay

so everybody has to buy them again

CrackedLens on
    XBoxLive Gamertag: ZombieKyle Secret Satan Wishlist
  • Options
    edited August 2009
    zimfan wrote: »

more like today

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Holographic_Versatile_Disc

Dislexic on
    batsig.jpg
  • Options
    edited August 2009

Fuck that, I'm not switching formats again anytime soon, I just switched to Blu-ray last year.

Also, was dicking around Lostpedia yesterday and realized that I've totally eaten at the Popeye's where they filmed all the Mr. Cluck's scenes.

UnbreakableVow on
  • Options
    SaigaSaiga Registered User regular
    edited August 2009
    With the new update to Xbox Live (It hits the 11th but some people are in the beta now) you can now view Netflix streams as a party, since Lost seasons 1-4 were just added to the instant stream, I figured that we could do some group viewings in between now and season 6?

Saiga on
    28je138.png