As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Time to split! Timesplitters Appreciation

1235»

• Options
    AydrAydr Registered User regular
    edited January 2007
    TelMarine wrote:
    Co-op is amazingly fun.

Hard on some levels seems easier than normal on ts2 though. I think that is good thing, but I am not sure. I played ts2 on and off for like three years and never really finished the single player campaign. I can see myself finishing this one in a week or less, of solid 5+ hour a day playing days.

I beat coop timesplitters2 and 3 with a friend, but ts3 was "shorter". This is because it took us about 3 hours to beat neo tokyo (best mission ever!).
    Fixed.

Aydr on
  • Options
    VG-RobotVG-Robot Registered User regular
    edited January 2007
    I have been saying this for years, but...

I would play TS2 or 3 over Halo any day of the week.

VG-Robot on
  • Options
    TelMarineTelMarine Registered User regular
    edited January 2007
    VG-Robot wrote:
    I have been saying this for years, but...

I would play TS2 or 3 over Halo any day of the week.

I would, I can't stand Halo movement or weapons. I am more of fast paced arena/DM/arcade whatever FPS type, so I can't stand Halo especially jumping (although Halo2 was better, swords were fun to use, no fall damage) or any realistic shooters, tactical, stealth, what have you.

TelMarine on
    3ds: 4983-4935-4575
  • Options
    DouglasDangerDouglasDanger PennsylvaniaRegistered User regular
    edited January 2007
    The Hooded Man is such a hard level for some reason. I think it is the shared damage between your future and past self.

I am curious about the mapmaker. How do I find good maps to download, and how much space do they take up? I am going to need another memory card?

DouglasDanger on
  • Options
    edited January 2007
    Beat the game yesterday. Took me about three days of serious playing. A lot of it was co-opped with my fiancee's nephew, which was very fun. I can't beat the hooded man on normal for some reason. Timesplitters are very hard to snipe.

Has anyone downloaded maps for the ps2?

DouglasDanger on
  • Options
    Mai-KeroMai-Kero Registered User regular
    edited January 2007
    Beat the game yesterday. Took me about three days of serious playing. A lot of it was co-opped with my fiancee's nephew, which was very fun. I can't beat the hooded man on normal for some reason. Timesplitters are very hard to snipe.

Has anyone downloaded maps for the ps2?

I just gave up on the sniper and used the plasma rifle. I had much better results.

Mai-Kero on
  • Options
    -SPI--SPI- Osaka, JapanRegistered User regular
    edited January 2007
    Sol wrote:
    I love Timesplitters 2, I've been meaning to get FP, but can't seem to find it.....Something about seeing a monkey or a huge duck with a gun always cracks me up.
    And FP has not only monkeys, but monkey robots, monkey ninjas, and zombie monkeys!

And the robot monkeys look like a monkey version of robocop!

And there's a challenge level where you have to shoot the robot monkeys with a lightning gun to keep them powered up so they can disco dance, and if you over power them THEY EXPLODE! Hilarity!

I love Timesplitters.

-SPI- on
  • Options
    edited January 2007
    I am terrible at sniping. I am really good with the pistols and stuff, but embarassingly incompetent with sniper rifles. I'll try the plasma rifle next time.

Does anyone have any tips for the the first zone match in the honorary league? I can't remember the name of it. You are the Gretel gynoid, running around the spaceport competing against the Koozer I think aliens. I can't seem to win that. Never anywhere close to the point goal of 36 or something.

DouglasDanger on
  • Options
    Eight RooksEight Rooks Registered User regular
    edited January 2007
    Thread made me, also, go out and pick up TS2 (again) and Future Perfect for the XBox second-hand. The DVDs are in horrible condition but the games work and so far I'm having too much fun with them to think about taking them back to swap for copies in better condition.

I'm still a more realistic, tactile combat man, not an old-school gamer... I'd unhesitatingly call Halo/Halo 2 the better game - sorry <shrugs> - and overall I'm not a huge fan of the whole oh God take ourselves seriously, why would we want to do that? thing Rare and now Free Radical perpetuate. "Time to split!" ceases to be funny the second time onwards. <_<

...that said, I do still love both games. <3 If you're going to go for this type of pure, largely brainless arcade blasting I'm not sure there's anything better, and Future Perfect (hadn't played it before) has admittedly made me laugh out loud on several occasions. Not getting rid of these this time, and I'd very much like to see if I can persuade my XBox-owning friends to try some multi. :^: An absolute steal, so far, and I don't regret the purchases.

Eight Rooks on
    <AtlusParker> Sorry I'm playing Pokemon and vomiting at the same time so I'm not following the conversation in a linear fashion.

Read my book. (It has a robot in it.)
  • Options
    edited January 2007
    The arcade leagues and the challenges are amazing fun, Rooks.

DouglasDanger on
  • Options
    Eight RooksEight Rooks Registered User regular
    edited January 2007
    Oh, I know. I said I'd owned TS2 once before. Again, it's surprising: I'm not really that into score attack and such, but there's something about TimeSplitters... I highly doubt I'd keep going until I 100% everything, but I can see myself aiming for quite a few of the goals.

Eight Rooks on
    <AtlusParker> Sorry I'm playing Pokemon and vomiting at the same time so I'm not following the conversation in a linear fashion.

Read my book. (It has a robot in it.)
  • Options
    DietarySupplementDietarySupplement Still not approved by the FDA Dublin, OHRegistered User regular
    edited January 2007
    Forgive me, and I'm at work right now so my ability to go out and search the interweb 2.0 is not optimal, but has there been talk of a new TS game? If so, what platforms are we talking about, here?

I fondly remember TS as the Resistance: Fall of Man type launch title that really made me appriciate my PS2, and I can only imagine a "next gen" type of spin on this series.

Also: why can't more console shooters take a page here and implement bots? I appriciate online play as much as the next schlub, but I very much like 4-player split screen (hell, just even 2 for that matter) with the ability to team up against (some of the smartest and most devious) bots ever.

DietarySupplement on
  • Options
    MittenMitten Registered User regular
    edited January 2007
    Forgive me, and I'm at work right now so my ability to go out and search the interweb 2.0 is not optimal, but has there been talk of a new TS game? If so, what platforms are we talking about, here?
    Free Radical is working on an FPS for the PS3, 360 and PC called Haze, which looks decidedly like Far Cry.

Mitten on