As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

D&D in Japan

GarickGarick Registered User regular
edited July 2009 in Help / Advice Forum
*Sorry if this should be in critical failures, I wasn't quite sure where to post it.*

So I've lived in Japan for awhile now, and recently have gotten a hankering for some tabletop gaming (D&D or whathaveyou)

Suffice to say, I have NO CLUE on how to go about this. I've never even heard of anyone playing it here.

Is it a lost cause and I should just forget about it?

Are there any super secret groups that meet here in Tokyo?

Are there perhaps any other good alternatives to get some tabletop gaming in? (play by post on a forum is bit too slow for what i'm looking for)

Garick on

• Options
    ChanusChanus Harbinger of the Spicy Rooster Apocalypse The Flames of a Thousand Collapsed StarsRegistered User regular
    edited July 2009
    Ask around. Are there any gaming/hobby shops in your area?

Chanus on
    Allegedly a voice of reason.
  • Options
    ZombiemamboZombiemambo Registered User regular
    edited July 2009
    A quick Google tells me that Hobby Japan supplies D&D over there, but I'm not 100% sure.

Zombiemambo on
    JKKaAGp.png
  • Options
    CyberJackalCyberJackal Registered User regular
    edited July 2009
    If there are stores selling the materials, then someone must be playing.

CyberJackal on
  • Options
    Mike DangerMike Danger "Diane..." a place both wonderful and strangeRegistered User regular
    edited July 2009
    Mike Danger on
    Steam: Mike Danger | PSN/NNID: remadeking | 3DS: 2079-9204-4075
    oE0mva1.jpg
  • Options
    MoSiAcMoSiAc Registered User regular
    edited July 2009
    My friends in Yamanashi play on weekends. They get their stuff from Yellow Submarine in Tokyo. I think there are some groups that meet up either at the Yellow Sub stores, or can tell you who to talk to. You could also try some of the Japanese table top games.

MoSiAc on
    Monster Hunter Tri US: MoSiAc - U46FJF - Katrice | RipTen - Gaming News | Los Comics
  • Options
    poshnialloposhniallo Registered User regular
    edited July 2009
    You should join JIGG (Japan International Gamers Group??? I think).

They meet in Tokyo, and have groups in other areas (I know the people in Kanagawa but rarely have time to meet and play anything).

They are very nice people and play a wide variety of games.

Here's a link:

http://jigg-japan.blogspot.com/

There's a yahoo group which people use to arrange stuff - there's a link on that page.

I really do recommend them - they're very welcoming and someone's playing something just about every weekend (or even weekday).

poshniallo on
    I figure I could take a bear.
  • Options
    GarickGarick Registered User regular
    edited July 2009
    Ooh, some very nice suggestions here, i'll check them out. Thanks!

Garick on