[MISC] No Bawls Booth at PAX :(

2

Posts

  • Charles KinboteCharles Kinbote Registered User regular
    edited August 2009
    our gamer bodies have evolved, druhim

    we can no longer drink water or fruit juice

    we need what companies tell us we need

    Charles Kinbote on
  • darkwondersdarkwonders Registered User regular
    edited August 2009
    I like bawls because it tastes better than 90% of the energy drinks out there...
    Plus the bottles are pretty cool too

    darkwonders on
  • Captain CthulhuCaptain Cthulhu Registered User regular
    edited August 2009
    Do you guys have any idea how many calories you drink a day by giving in to this kind of shoddy marketing?

    Captain Cthulhu on
  • skarsolskarsol Registered User regular
    edited August 2009
    Do you guys have any idea how many calories you drink a day by giving in to this kind of shoddy marketing?

    Oh! Oh! Is it over 9000?!

    skarsol on
    why are you smelling it?
  • Charles KinboteCharles Kinbote Registered User regular
    edited August 2009
    you only have one body; by trading out the sweets for something a little better for you, your QOL could drastically increase

    don't wait for someone to market "G4M3R W4T3R" - show some initiative

    Charles Kinbote on
  • skarsolskarsol Registered User regular
    edited August 2009
    you only have one body; by trading out the sweets for something a little better for you, your QOL could drastically increase

    don't wait for someone to market "G4M3R W4T3R" - show some initiative

    They already did that. Brawndo! It's got what plants crave!

    skarsol on
    why are you smelling it?
  • Captain CthulhuCaptain Cthulhu Registered User regular
    edited August 2009
    He's right. I understand that it's part of what you consider to be a gamer image to not care about things like looks and hygiene, but if you were to do nothing more than to just drop out the calories that you drink every day, you'd see a drastic difference in not only in your looks, but the way you feel. Also, if you cut out that amount of sugar and caffeine from your regular intake, when you actually want to use an energy drink to stay awake, one 16 oz. can can keep you going all night.

    Captain Cthulhu on
  • Charles KinboteCharles Kinbote Registered User regular
    edited August 2009
    In fact I think you'll find that if you quit energy drinks altogether, you'll not only have much more energy in general but for those times when you really do just need an energy boost a cup of good, cheap black tea will more than suffice.

    Charles Kinbote on
  • proXimityproXimity Registered User regular
    edited August 2009
    idiocy

    At least our signatures aren't bigger than allowed by the forum rules :P

    proXimity on
    camo_sig2.png
  • Captain CthulhuCaptain Cthulhu Registered User regular
    edited August 2009
    Exactly! It's hard to realize when you're drinking 10 cokes and 3 Rockstars a day (That was me a year ago, no joke) but that stuff really is addictive, and like any addictive substance, you need more and more just to keep yourself going, and that's exactly what they're counting on.

    Captain Cthulhu on
  • Charles KinboteCharles Kinbote Registered User regular
    edited August 2009
    what's so "idiotic" about giving you guys perfectly legitimate advice

    Charles Kinbote on
  • Charles KinboteCharles Kinbote Registered User regular
    edited August 2009
    I used to go through a couple cups of coffee and two or three red bulls a day, and I didn't even register drinking a can of soda

    now that I've mostly dropped soda and have stopped drinking energy drinks altogether I feel entirely better

    Also, I thought most of you guys considered yourselves discerning consumers who were too smart for big ad campaigns? It's a little odd that as soon as someone mentions that something is for "gamers" you guys break down the doors trying to get at it.

    Charles Kinbote on
  • DruhimDruhim Registered User, ClubPA regular
    edited August 2009
    whatever, we all have our vices and I'm not going to get on someone's back for drinking "energy" drinks

    I just think it's silly to complain about one drink not being available at PAX
    if you can't enjoy your weekend without drinking Bawls specifically, that's a pretty good indicator you might have issues

    Druhim on
    belruelotterav-1.jpg
  • Captain CthulhuCaptain Cthulhu Registered User regular
    edited August 2009
    Oh I know we all have our vices. Hell, cigarettes are still one of mine, but I'm just trying to dole out some helpful advice. Generally I'm under the impression that people like to feel good and look good, but maybe that's just me.

    Captain Cthulhu on
  • dyaballikldyaballikl PAX Main Theatre House & Security Manager • PAX Community Cartographer Gold Coast QLD AustraliaRegistered User regular
    edited August 2009
    proXimity wrote: »
    idiocy

    At least our signatures aren't bigger than allowed by the forum rules :P

    besides, pax is 3 out of 365.25 days of the year! SPOIL YO SELF!

    dyaballikl on
    a.k.a. dya
    "Riding a mongoose reminds me of having sex with a man, which is something I do frequently because I am gay!" -Gabe
  • Charles KinboteCharles Kinbote Registered User regular
    edited August 2009
    actually cthulhu's had that sig forever so I'm fairly certain it's within size limitations

    anyway if you guys want to willfully refuse our advice go ahead

    I just thought you might want to take some steps to lead a healthier life

    Charles Kinbote on
  • proXimityproXimity Registered User regular
    edited August 2009
    Go back to SE++ you twatwaffles. This thread was not asking for health advice, just merely wishing that there was Bawls at PAX again. It used to be a major part of it, and some people wish it was again.

    proXimity on
    camo_sig2.png
  • Captain CthulhuCaptain Cthulhu Registered User regular
    edited August 2009
    dyaballikl wrote: »
    proXimity wrote: »
    idiocy

    At least our signatures aren't bigger than allowed by the forum rules :P

    besides, pax is 3 out of 365.25 days of the year! SPOIL YO SELF!

    Well that's the case then go for it. I know I drink a lot more alcohol than normal come pax time.

    Captain Cthulhu on
  • Captain CthulhuCaptain Cthulhu Registered User regular
    edited August 2009
    proXimity wrote: »
    Go back to SE++ you twatwaffles. This thread was not asking for health advice, just merely wishing that there was Bawls at PAX again. It used to be a major part of it, and some people wish it was again.

    Oh sorry bro, didn't mean to tread on your turf. Also, I didn't know that bawls was ever even a part of PAX, guess I'm just not part of the in crowd.

    Captain Cthulhu on
  • MeeOkMeeOk Registered User
    edited August 2009
    MeeOk on
  • DruhimDruhim Registered User, ClubPA regular
    edited August 2009
    proXimity wrote: »
    Go back to SE++ you twatwaffles. This thread was not asking for health advice, just merely wishing that there was Bawls at PAX again. It used to be a major part of it, and some people wish it was again.
    it was never a major part of it
    it was available, and some people considered it much more important than it actually ever was
    it's just a drink

    Druhim on
    belruelotterav-1.jpg
  • Charles KinboteCharles Kinbote Registered User regular
    edited August 2009
    telling us to "go back" anywhere is pretty rude

    and I know what this thread is about, but I guess I just didn't expect to see this many people flipping out because a single specific beverage wasn't going to be at PAX

    Charles Kinbote on
  • darkwondersdarkwonders Registered User regular
    edited August 2009
    This thread was nice until the trolls arrived and berated me for actually liking Bawls...

    Heaven forbid that I actually have a preference in what I drink!

    And don't clump Bawls into the other "gaming" food/drink.

    Mana sucks
    Gamer grub sucks

    Bawls actually has a nice subtle taste, and the bottles are fricken sweet. It is leagues above other "gaming" food/drink and I prefer it above almost all other energy drinks... So :p

    Out of all the energy drinks out there... Bawls actually has the least amount of extra chemicals in it.

    darkwonders on
  • KaitouAyashiKaitouAyashi Seattle, WARegistered User regular
    edited August 2009
    Heee! Trolls from SE++ with nothing better to do! FUN TIMES! Wheeee!

    Also, health advice goes over in the PAX Weight Loss thread.

    kthxbai
    <3 Tajah

    KaitouAyashi on
    [15:02] BigRed-Worky: i will nom all of your boxes
    [15:02] Tajah: I like you BR but I'm not letting you nom my box
    [15:02] BigRed-Worky: Did I mention I hate you all? cause i do
    PAX Twitter Shitter~*~ Retired Bar Liaison: 2nd, 3rd, & 4th Annual Triwizard Drinking Tournament~*~
  • DruhimDruhim Registered User, ClubPA regular
    edited August 2009
    I'm not trolling anyone. I'm not attacking you for liking Bawls. I just don't see how one beverage is all that important to PAX. I have my drink and food preferences, but you don't see me crying about them not being at PAX. Yet just because some buy into the hype that Bawls is the gamer drink, it's perfectly acceptable to raise a stink every year about it not being in the convention.

    Druhim on
    belruelotterav-1.jpg
  • darkwondersdarkwonders Registered User regular
    edited August 2009
    Druhim wrote: »
    I'm not trolling anyone. I'm not attacking you for liking Bawls. I just don't see how one beverage is all that important to PAX. I have my drink and food preferences, but you don't see me crying about them not being at PAX. Yet just because some buy into the hype that Bawls is the gamer drink, it's perfectly acceptable to raise a stink every year about it not being in the convention.

    Well this is my first year at PAX, and seeing how popular Bawls is among the gaming community, I just figured that there would be a vendor at PAX catering to those who enjoy it. And seeing that it's not going to happen kinda bums me out.

    So is it so wrong of me to post a thread about it?

    darkwonders on
  • MysstMysst King Monkey of Hedonism IslandRegistered User regular
    edited August 2009
    can I say that i want baconsalt to be at pax again this year because I didn't get any last year and I regret it

    Mysst on
  • Captain CthulhuCaptain Cthulhu Registered User regular
    edited August 2009
    Man, all I did was tell you guys that cutting the amount of calories that you drink on a daily basis makes you feel better. I'm just saying it, I'm not trolling anyone or telling you your terrible for liking anything. I'm on your side here.

    Captain Cthulhu on
  • proXimityproXimity Registered User regular
    edited August 2009
    The specific problem came when Captain Cthulhu came in and started insulting people for liking Bawls and energy drinks/soda in general. If you don't think that wasn't a troll, an attack, then you're wrong.

    proXimity on
    camo_sig2.png
  • crackgoblincrackgoblin Registered User regular
    edited August 2009
    what's so "idiotic" about giving you guys perfectly legitimate advice

    because your attempt at advice comes off as condescending soapboxing, even more so because youre skewing your information as well. People here know what theyre drinking. zomg, energy drinks are bad?!
    Also, I enjoy bawls quite a bit (insert obligatory bawls in my face joke here ___ ) especially the sugar free drink thats pretty popular.

    and if youre going to be talking about silly threads, there are a bunch of them but theyre all pax related so its ok

    crackgoblin on
    its a secret to everyone
  • DruhimDruhim Registered User, ClubPA regular
    edited August 2009
    it's shankhill, condescending is what he does
    so your impression that he's being so is entirely legitimate

    Druhim on
    belruelotterav-1.jpg
  • PinderPinder Registered User
    edited August 2009
    Mysst wrote: »
    can I say that i want baconsalt to be at pax again this year because I didn't get any last year and I regret it

    God, I hope so. Although if I'm being honest, a steady supply of salt that tastes like bacon would probably end me.

    Pinder on
    This signature intentionally left blank.
  • DruhimDruhim Registered User, ClubPA regular
    edited August 2009
    Pinder wrote: »
    Mysst wrote: »
    can I say that i want baconsalt to be at pax again this year because I didn't get any last year and I regret it

    God, I hope so. Although if I'm being honest, a steady supply of salt that tastes like bacon would probably end me.
    have you tried Baconnaise?
    it's pretty damn tasty on sammiches

    Druhim on
    belruelotterav-1.jpg
  • Captain CthulhuCaptain Cthulhu Registered User regular
    edited August 2009
    proXimity wrote: »
    The specific problem came when Captain Cthulhu came in and started insulting people for liking Bawls and energy drinks/soda in general. If you don't think that wasn't a troll, an attack, then you're wrong.

    Seriously, if you felt attacked, you have some serious insecurity issues. It's something I cut out of my life and it made me feel better, so I tell other people that it could make them feel better to. Plus, not only would they feel better, they wouldn't be bummed that it wasn't at pax. Yeah I guess it's a little soapboxy, but whatever, I say it to people in real life too, since it made a major difference in my over all health.

    Sorry bros, just having a discussion but I guess opinions aren't tolerated.

    Captain Cthulhu on
  • UsagiUsagi Nah Registered User regular
    edited August 2009
    Pinder wrote: »
    Mysst wrote: »
    can I say that i want baconsalt to be at pax again this year because I didn't get any last year and I regret it

    God, I hope so. Although if I'm being honest, a steady supply of salt that tastes like bacon would probably end me.

    I would support this if I could get a bacon-salt rimmed margarita.

    Usagi on
  • Captain CthulhuCaptain Cthulhu Registered User regular
    edited August 2009
    Usagi wrote: »
    Pinder wrote: »
    Mysst wrote: »
    can I say that i want baconsalt to be at pax again this year because I didn't get any last year and I regret it

    God, I hope so. Although if I'm being honest, a steady supply of salt that tastes like bacon would probably end me.

    I would support this if I could get a bacon-salt rimmed margarita.

    This could be the single best idea anyone has ever had.

    Captain Cthulhu on
  • WeaverWeaver Who are you? What do you want?Registered User regular
    edited August 2009
    I think all the bracketed threads in this joint are just some manner of self-aware metatroll

    Weaver on
    hCpR4ri.jpg
    Steam: weavermatic xbox: weavermatico
  • UsagiUsagi Nah Registered User regular
    edited August 2009
    Usagi wrote: »
    Pinder wrote: »
    Mysst wrote: »
    can I say that i want baconsalt to be at pax again this year because I didn't get any last year and I regret it

    God, I hope so. Although if I'm being honest, a steady supply of salt that tastes like bacon would probably end me.

    I would support this if I could get a bacon-salt rimmed margarita.

    This could be the single best idea anyone has ever had.

    We shall ride in on ponies and demand them!

    Usagi on
  • DruhimDruhim Registered User, ClubPA regular
    edited August 2009
    part of the problem is that some of you are lumping anyone that normally posts at SE together, so if one of us says something stupid then you hold all of us accountable for it

    still, shank is a douchebag

    Druhim on
    belruelotterav-1.jpg
  • proXimityproXimity Registered User regular
    edited August 2009
    proXimity wrote: »
    The specific problem came when Captain Cthulhu came in and started insulting people for liking Bawls and energy drinks/soda in general. If you don't think that wasn't a troll, an attack, then you're wrong.

    Seriously, if you felt attacked, you have some serious insecurity issues. It's something I cut out of my life and it made me feel better, so I tell other people that it could make them feel better to. Plus, not only would they feel better, they wouldn't be bummed that it wasn't at pax. Yeah I guess it's a little soapboxy, but whatever, I say it to people in real life too, since it made a major difference in my over all health.

    Sorry bros, just having a discussion but I guess opinions aren't tolerated.

    Sorry, your self righteous defense of your asshattery isn't worth my time

    proXimity on
    camo_sig2.png
This discussion has been closed.