As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[mini-phalla] Vampire Dominance... Jyhad (Game Over) (Mr D Win)

• Options
    AriviaArivia I Like A Challenge Earth-1Registered User regular
    edited August 2009
    I will start L&O whenever I'm next conscious.

Arivia on
    huntresssig.jpg
  • Options
    Orange SodaOrange Soda Registered User regular
    edited August 2009
    Dibs on Dr. Acula

Orange Soda on
  • Options
    lonelyahavalonelyahava Call me Ahava ~~She/Her~~ Move to New ZealandRegistered User regular
    edited August 2009
    Sweet moneky jesus......

lonelyahava on
  • Options
    WhiteZinfandelWhiteZinfandel Your insides Let me show you themRegistered User regular
    edited August 2009
    Moneky Jesus indeed.

WhiteZinfandel on
  • Options
    couttscoutts Registered User regular
    edited August 2009
    Vampire Moneky Jesus

coutts on
    Pearl FC - 2535 1604 7594 // Black FC - 2494 3438 2717
    scorpex.jpg
  • Options
    lonelyahavalonelyahava Call me Ahava ~~She/Her~~ Move to New ZealandRegistered User regular
    edited August 2009
    alright. Playerr list is updated.

I can't, as much as I wish I could, include the reserves, cause that would bring this into Main territory, and I just don't have the ability to come up with that many new roles/win conditions/abilities/etc off the cuff.

But, if the game goes well, maybe next time around the other 20 of you can play....

I have to randomize the roles and then get PMs out.

lonelyahava on
  • Options
    Dunadan019Dunadan019 Registered User regular
    edited August 2009
    dibs on the vote immune SK Vig/seer/autoguard.

... it worked before....

Dunadan019 on
  • Options
    edited August 2009
    At this time, all Role PMs should be out.

I am going to give my co-storyteller about another 20-30 minutes to finish up narration.

If there are any questions for me at this time, ask them now.

lonelyahava on
  • Options
    TrustTrust Registered User regular
    edited August 2009
    What is your favourite cake?

Trust on
    We Stand Ready
  • Options
    edited August 2009
    can I get my role changed to the SK Vig/Seer/autoguard?

Dunadan019 on
  • Options
    edited August 2009
    @Trust:: Spice cake with cream cheese frosting

@Duna:: No.

lonelyahava on
  • Options
    kimekime Queen of Blades Registered User regular
    edited August 2009
    Dunadan019 wrote: »
    dibs on the vote immune SK Vig/seer/autoguard.

... it worked before....

No silly, that's my role.

Also, I sparkle in the sunlight. Just, you know, in case anyone was curious.

kime on
    Battle.net ID: kime#1822
    3DS Friend Code: 3110-5393-4113
    Steam profile
  • Options
    FaynorFaynor Registered User regular
    edited August 2009
    If I physically kill people who are ahead of me in the reserve list, do I move up?

Faynor on
    do you wanna see me eat a hotdog
  • Options
    edited August 2009
    Faynor wrote: »
    If I physically kill people who are ahead of me in the reserve list, do I move up?

I can neither confirm, deny, nor condone any possible answer to this question.

lonelyahava on
  • Options
    edited August 2009
    Did anyone else get a "sparkling" post restriction?

sparkles.jpg

Orange Soda on
  • Options
    TheLawinatorTheLawinator Registered User regular
    edited August 2009
    !Orange Soda

Down with twilight.

TheLawinator on
    My SteamID Gamertag and PSN: TheLawinator
  • Options
    KrataLightbladeKrataLightblade Registered User regular
    edited August 2009
    Vampire Dominance
    Night 0 Narration

Vampires.

What do you think of when you hear that word? Is it Bela Lugosi, with a thick accent and a cape? Or perhaps the word brings to mind sorrowful and tragic figures of fiction, lost forever to the night, never again to see the beauty of dawn? Maybe you see children playing at being monsters in nightclubs, the ennui of the modern day creeping into their bones, felt as deeply as any ancient. Or it could be that you see monsters, pure and simple, twisted, hideous abominations against God and man.

All of these have basis in fact.

All of these are as wrong as can be.

No one knows how we began, but I have studied the matter for longer, perhaps, than any other of our kind. I feel qualified to speak with authority on the matter, and I will tell you what I can.

There have always been vampire stories. From the Greek vrykoklas to the Japanese gaki, from the stories of the nosferat to the modern day heroes of fiction, the tales have drawn in the eager populace, desperate to know and understand the darkness around them. They flit this way and that in the night, seeking to know the shadows and thereby banish their fear of them.

The tale of the vampire resonates strongly with many people, as well, for so many reasons. It is a deeply sexual metaphor, that of pursuit, seduction, control, and final penetration. We (they) find something primal in the tale of the vampire, something that reaches in and takes hold of something deep inside. It speaks to something dark and animalistic in the psyche. Danger gives rise to fascination, which spawns a twisted, irresistible crossbreeding of lust and fear.

It is quite the cocktail, I can assure you.

The stories have progressed over the years, and so have we. Bloodlines spawn, and distant cousins never hear from one another. The tales of us change, certainly, but paradoxically, the tales we tell change as well. Vampires are notoriously unreliable primary sources. The Volturi tell one story of vampiric origin, but the Romanians they overthrew might tell quite another. Stories of Caine conflict sharply with stories of the Queen of the Damned. And the enigmatic monster known only as the Master… who can say for certain whether he was the first of his kind?

In the ancient days, vampire kings ruled over the world as dark gods, warring with one another for dominance. And if there is anything living forever teaches us, it is that everything comes full circle in the end.

To one way of thinking, we are all driven by our own needs. Survival. Power. Love. Salvation. Freedom. Control. We all want different things, but when it comes down to it, in the end, no vampire can truly live in a world with another. We are, at the end, predators, and solitary ones at that. No vampire can truly be satisfied in any world where other vampires exist. Packs and families we may form, but these cannot last forever.

Or can they? Another school of thought suggests that we are not monsters at all, or at least, we can choose not to be. That we can subsist, and coexist. That we cannot, must not, become beasts and horrors of the night, that it is simply… wrong… to give into our baser urges that way.

As has been stated, all things come full circle in the end. Things have come to a head. The tense balance that has been maintained for so very long has finally been broken, and things have come to where we are now. There can be only one end to this.

War.

Blood is the price of our hubris. May God have mercy on us all.

-- Beckett, Gangrel historian.

Where is she? Edward hated that he could never find her when he needed her, not like he could the others. She’d gone out hours ago, and hadn’t returned to the Cullen’s home yet. He, and the others, were starting to get worried. There had been rumors… hints… that someone might be after her. Someone they thought they’d taken care of years before. Edward’s lip curled just to think the name. James…

He needed to find her, to keep her safe. He’d do anything to protect her… anything at all. With that thought in his head, he dashed from the Cullen home, listening for any thoughts along the way, desperately using his… talent… in hopes of finding some shred of evidence on where she might be. He knew he couldn’t find Bella that way. She was a “dead zone” for him, so to speak, and he couldn’t hear her unless she let him… something that took effort, and not something she did casually. He wouldn’t find her that way…

But he’d settle for finding James.

When she awakened, it sent shockwaves through her entire bloodline. They felt it, all of them… just as they knew they would. The music had been what had done it, just as they knew it would. Lestat was to blame.

Marius was firm in his desire to protect his wayward “son”, however, and would allow no action taken against him. Maharet found herself understanding more than she knew she ought to… and found sympathy for them both. She too would not allow them to take action against Lestat. But something had to be done, she knew.

When they felt her awaken, however, they all knew it was too late. Far, far too late.

This meant the end.

Of everything.

Sunnydale burned behind them. Willow was playing with one of her toys, while Xander watched with that cocky smirk that had never left his face since the death of the blonde slayer. The Master left them to their games, reveling instead in the freedom he had not had for decades. One little thing nagged at him, of course… the betrayal of Angelus, his favored son. Angelus… Angel… had always been one of his favorites. He was a truly inspired monster! Exquisite. But in the end, one must accept what one cannot change, he knew.

Drusilla whispered in the background, nonsense mumbling mostly, but the Master knew very well that when she spoke, it was never a bad idea to listen. If it was important, he’d know it. Spike was taking care of her, as usual… he hadn’t left her side in weeks. It was almost touching, really.

The Master was sorry to leave the Hellmouth behind, but frankly there was nothing more to do there. And there was so much more enjoyment to be had elsewhere. Someday, perhaps, he would come back and rule from atop the skulls of his enemies, or something else just as dramatic (if there was anything the Master knew, it was the value of being appropriately dramatic…), but for now, he had business elsewhere. He had felt his blood stirring in ways it hadn’t in centuries. It was time to settle a few old debts.

And to ensure his dominance.

Forever.

And somewhere nearby, a grubby, half-deranged Angel hid in the bushes, watching the procession as it emerged from Sunnydale. Buffy was dead, and Angel was the last hope of stopping the Master. He couldn’t take the Master on alone, and he knew it. But he intended to find someone who could… and make sure they succeeded where the Slayer hadn’t…

Children.

Nothing but children.

Pathetic, mewling children.

Every one of them.

Irrelevant.

Day 0 begins now.

Day 1 ends 11 PM Saturday.

OP will be updated with polite suggestions shortly.

KrataLightblade on
    LEVEL 50 SWORD JUGGLER/WIZARD!
  • Options
    TrustTrust Registered User regular
    edited August 2009
    Stop showing off, Krata.

Trust on
    We Stand Ready
  • Options
    edited August 2009
    Hurray!

So, who are my glittering friends?

kime on
    Steam profile
  • Options
    M.D.M.D. and then what happens? Registered User regular
    edited August 2009
    Kime, you have no friends.

M.D. on
  • Options
    psolmspsolms Registered User regular
    edited August 2009
    as usual, kime. sorry man. you know the deal.

:P

psolms on
  • Options
    edited August 2009
    And now, I'm going away for the night.

Krata will be around tomorrow while I'm at work.

Again, any and all clarifications/questions/orders/anything should be sent to both myself and KrataLightblade.

lonelyahava on
  • Options
    edited August 2009
    Lucky number 19 is Jason Todd

Dunadan019 on
  • Options
    edited August 2009
    Kime, you have no friends.
    Your post is suitably followed by psolms.

:cry:

kime on
    Steam profile
  • Options
    KrataLightbladeKrataLightblade Registered User regular
    edited August 2009
    I'm going offline for the evening as well.

I'll answer clarifications as soon as I'm around tomorrow, promise.

Ta ta, kids. Don't let the bedvamps bite.

KrataLightblade on
    LEVEL 50 SWORD JUGGLER/WIZARD!
  • Options
    edited August 2009
    SpectralSpork

Orange Soda on
  • Options
    NocturneNocturne Registered User regular
    edited August 2009
    I really liked the narration, though I may have to brush up on some of the sources, as I'm not familiar with a few of them.

Nocturne on
  • Options
    edited August 2009
    Nocturne wrote: »
    I really liked the narration, though I may have to brush up on some of the sources, as I'm not familiar with a few of them.
    ^^^^ Ditto.

kime on
    Steam profile
  • Options
    dunedainjedidunedainjedi Registered User regular
    edited August 2009
    kime wrote: »
    Nocturne wrote: »
    ^^^^ Ditto.

Well there is Twilight, Interview With a Vampire/Queen of the Damned(Anne Rice stuff), and Buffy.

I'm not sure about that last one though.

dunedainjedi on
  • Options
    HippieHippie Registered User regular
    edited August 2009
    Maybe WOD? They tend to bitch about their 'children' a lot.

Hippie on
  • Options
    shalmeloshalmelo sees no evil Registered User regular
    edited August 2009
    mini-grudge on dunedainjedi is go!
    That's for sticking me with a faction with zero chance of winning in Phallafly!
    Although honestly, I'd rather grudge maximus for being an absentee captain. But he's not playing, so DIE!!!

Or, you know, whatever...

shalmelo on
    Steam ID: Shalmelo || LoL: melo2boogaloo || tweets
  • Options
    cj iwakuracj iwakura The Rhythm Regent Bears The Name FreedomRegistered User regular
    edited August 2009
    The first is from the perspective of Beckett, Gangrel historian(V:TM).

beckett.jpg

In general, he's as good as they get.

cj iwakura on
    wVEsyIc.png
  • Options
    Tommy2HandsTommy2Hands what is this where am i Registered User regular
    edited August 2009
    Yeah, the first is from Vampire: The Masquerade, I believe

Tommy2Hands on
    8j12qx8ma5j5.jpg
  • Options
    cj iwakuracj iwakura The Rhythm Regent Bears The Name FreedomRegistered User regular
    edited August 2009
    He's in Bloodlines, but he originates from the tabletop game. He's one of the most (in?)famous NPCs.

cj iwakura on
    wVEsyIc.png
  • Options
    edited August 2009
    yeah, I ninja edited that

Tommy2Hands on
    8j12qx8ma5j5.jpg
  • Options
    ObbiObbi Registered User, ClubPA regular
    edited August 2009
    !TheLawinator cause I gotta vote for somethin'!

Obbi on
  • Options
    edited August 2009
    Obbi wrote: »

I do not appreciate this.

TheLawinator on
  • Options
    edited August 2009
    God Damn Hippies

Tommy2Hands on
    8j12qx8ma5j5.jpg
  • Options
    edited August 2009
    Obbi wrote: »

I do not appreciate this.

Too bad, Law!

Dunno what's going on tomorrow by the way. And Sunday. I may be a bit busy this weekend, so expect placeholders often :P.

kime on
    Steam profile
  • Options
    edited August 2009
    I got day 1'd last phalla. At least I was evil in that one, even though it was a faction game.

TheLawinator on