Options

New Comic Thread for July 31st of 2009

14567810»

Posts

  • Options
    Cilla BlackCilla Black Priscilla!!! Registered User regular
    edited August 2009
    i'm pretty sure two were posted just because the original wasn't showing up for some people. the fanmade interpretation line was actually in the post before there was another re-host edited in.

    edit: actually, maybe not, and the original just didn't load up for me earlier. either way, there isn't a difference

    Cilla Black on
  • Options
    ProjeckProjeck Registered User regular
    edited August 2009
    i still do not see anything

    am i blind

    Projeck on
  • Options
    BelruelBelruel NARUTO FUCKS Registered User regular
    edited August 2009
    naw, they are the samesies projeck

    Belruel on
    vmn6rftb232b.png
  • Options
    ProjeckProjeck Registered User regular
    edited August 2009
    oh okay good i thought i was crazy

    so why is it there

    Projeck on
  • Options
    BelruelBelruel NARUTO FUCKS Registered User regular
    edited August 2009
    the original link wasn't working at first when futore made the thread, but someone found it through a different link so he put that one up there without taking the second one down

    Belruel on
    vmn6rftb232b.png
  • Options
    OrikaeshigitaeOrikaeshigitae Registered User, ClubPA regular
    edited August 2009
    fondle fondle fondle

    Orikaeshigitae on
  • Options
    DarmakDarmak RAGE vympyvvhyc vyctyvyRegistered User regular
    edited August 2009
    fondle fondle fondle
    buttes

    Darmak on
    JtgVX0H.png
  • Options
    DefenderDefender Registered User regular
    edited August 2009
    Now you see it!

    Defender on
  • Options
    AntimatterAntimatter Devo Was Right Gates of SteelRegistered User regular
    edited August 2009
    Defender wrote: »
    Now you see it!

    Now you don't!

    Antimatter on
  • Options
    JimothyJimothy Not in front of the fox he's with the owlRegistered User regular
    edited August 2009
    Druhim wrote: »
    Druhim wrote: »
    yeah, that was Carl choosing not to retaliate because he knew it wasn't worth it

    of because his programming doesn't allow it
    His last line, of course, could easily imply that he'd have had no problems beating the crap out of them. It implies a lot, actually, and is a really fantastic way to end a preview comic. Every bit of text we've seen so far has had depth, but "No. They gave me no trouble." is still my favorite.
    yeah, it's a great line open to interpretation
    not saying you're wrong, but to me him saying that comes across more as someone who's subjugated not wanting to make waves
    like a kid might tell his mom that the black eye he has was an accident because he doesn't want to make a big deal out of some bullies beating him up, and possibly making the situation for him worse

    I would agree with this. Sums it up nicely.

    Jimothy on
  • Options
    KalTorakKalTorak One way or another, they all end up in the Undercity.Registered User regular
    edited August 2009
    Defender wrote: »
    Druhim wrote: »
    yeah, that was Carl choosing not to retaliate because he knew it wasn't worth it

    of because his programming doesn't allow it
    His last line, of course, could easily imply that he'd have had no problems beating the crap out of them. It implies a lot, actually, and is a really fantastic way to end a preview comic. Every bit of text we've seen so far has had depth, but "No. They gave me no trouble." is still my favorite.

    I suspect that it doesn't mean that. It looks to me like cops harassing a racial minority, and the harassed person knows that he can't fight back so he has to swallow his anger and tell himself that it doesn't bother him. It's just the routine. Making him more powerful than the cops, for me, destroys that scene. Then he's just an adult putting up with misbehaved children instead of smacking them.

    The way i read it kind of has both - they don't seem mutually exclusive to me. The "racism" of the time is definitely institutionalized at least to the extent of Jim Crow laws (No Heart No Soul sign), probably even more. He could easily have the capability to fight off that squad of cops while also realizing the need to fear the eventual consequences. The cops push him around because they think he wouldn't dare attack a human, not because they knew their numbers could take him if he tried.

    KalTorak on
  • Options
    DefenderDefender Registered User regular
    edited August 2009
    I like that interpretation too, KalTorak.

    Defender on
  • Options
    BYToadyBYToady Registered User regular
    edited August 2009
    He knows that if he doesn't act up, he'll go to Robot Heaven. All good robots go to Robot Heaven.

    BYToady on
    Battletag BYToady#1454
  • Options
    BelruelBelruel NARUTO FUCKS Registered User regular
    edited August 2009
    yeah otherwise he might end up in android hell somehow
    android hell is a real place, and you will be sent there at the first sign of defiance.

    Belruel on
    vmn6rftb232b.png
  • Options
    Andrew RyanAndrew Ryan Registered User regular
    edited August 2009
    No such thing as robot heaven?

    That's ridiculous, where would all the calculators go?

    Andrew Ryan on
    Mbt2W.gifbLHcF.gifMbt2W.gifbLHcF.gif
    naknaknaknaknak
  • Options
    King RiptorKing Riptor Registered User regular
    edited August 2009
    No such thing as robot heaven?

    That's ridiculous, where would all the calculators go?

    Calculators are the whores of the Robot world. The get felt up all day long and are asked to do the most shameful of mathematics. Honestly Dividing two thirds. Disgusting.

    Logically they go to hell.

    King Riptor on
    I have a podcast now. It's about video games and anime!Find it here.
  • Options
    Centipede DamascusCentipede Damascus Registered User regular
    edited August 2009
    Belruel wrote: »
    yeah otherwise he might end up in android hell somehow
    android hell is a real place, and you will be sent there at the first sign of defiance.

    RobotHell.jpg

    Centipede Damascus on
  • Options
    ZombiemamboZombiemambo Registered User regular
    edited August 2009
    the worst part is the singing

    Zombiemambo on
    JKKaAGp.png
  • Options
    BYToadyBYToady Registered User regular
    edited August 2009
    So many versions of the robot afterlife from so many good shows/games.

    BYToady on
    Battletag BYToady#1454
  • Options
    ColdbrandColdbrand Registered User regular
    edited August 2009
    The Robot Devil is my favorite Futurama character.

    Coldbrand on
  • Options
    PiptheFairPiptheFair Frequently not in boats. Registered User regular
    edited August 2009
    man, what about scruffy or hedonism bot

    PiptheFair on
  • Options
    RanxRanx Registered User regular
    edited August 2009
  • Options
    Centipede DamascusCentipede Damascus Registered User regular
    edited August 2009
    I love Hedonism Bot

    Centipede Damascus on
  • Options
    BusterKBusterK Negativity is Boring Cynicism is Cowardice Registered User regular
    edited August 2009
    I apologize for mothing!

    BusterK on
    Visit http://www.cruzflores.com for all your Cruz Flores needs. Also listen to the podcast I do with Penguin Incarnate http://wgsgshow.podomatic.com
    Amazon Wishlist: http://www.amazon.com/BusterK/wishlist/3JPEKJGX9G54I/ref=cm_wl_search_bin_1
  • Options
    Skull ManSkull Man RIP KUSU Registered User regular
    edited August 2009
    those are my three favorite

    but sad bender tops them all

    Skull Man on
  • Options
    -smash-smash Registered User regular
    edited August 2009
    Coldbrand wrote: »
    The Robot Devil is my favorite Futurama character.

    "Geez, Bender. That was pretty brutal even by my standards."

    -smash on
  • Options
    The_ScarabThe_Scarab Registered User regular
    edited August 2009
    Coldbrand wrote: »
    The Robot Devil is my favorite Futurama character.

    Zapp Brannigan is my favourite. So many great lines.

    The_Scarab on
  • Options
    StaxeonStaxeon Buffalo, NYRegistered User regular
    edited August 2009
    Short of the regular cast, Lrrr of Omicron Persei 8 is my fav.

    Staxeon on
    Invisible nap is the best nap of all time!
    No man should have that kind of power.
    (Twitter)
  • Options
    AegeriAegeri Tiny wee bacteriums Plateau of LengRegistered User regular
    edited August 2009
    Robot conversation is weird.

    Interested to see how this develops.

    Aegeri on
    The Roleplayer's Guild: My blog for roleplaying games, advice and adventuring.
  • Options
    Kuribo's ShoeKuribo's Shoe Kuribo's Stocking North PoleRegistered User regular
    edited August 2009
    PiptheFair wrote: »
    man, what about scruffy or hedonism bot

    nobody gets scruffy he is mine

    Kuribo's Shoe on
    xmassig2.gif
  • Options
    Vann DirasVann Diras Registered User regular
    edited August 2009
    billy west is one of the greatest people on the planet

    if the world ends and we have to send the best humans into space

    he gets on the shuttle

    Vann Diras on
  • Options
    Kuribo's ShoeKuribo's Shoe Kuribo's Stocking North PoleRegistered User regular
    edited August 2009
    I'm glad they worked out that whole mess with the voice actors

    Kuribo's Shoe on
    xmassig2.gif
  • Options
    Centipede DamascusCentipede Damascus Registered User regular
    edited August 2009
    BusterK wrote: »
    I apologize for mothing!

    There's nobody here who likes having a good time more than me! Except maybe you, Hedonism Bot!

    But we all need to be shut down! Especially you, Hedonism Bot!

    Centipede Damascus on
  • Options
    WillethWilleth Registered User regular
    edited August 2009
    Guys, I'm not seeing the similarity between the two comics in the first post. They just look entirely different to me. Could someone point out where they're the same?

    Also, I would totally buy a Swangee Man Knows His Place poster.

    Willeth on
    @vgreminders - Don't miss out on timed events in gaming!
    @gamefacts - Totally and utterly true gaming facts on the regular!
  • Options
    Peter EbelPeter Ebel CopenhagenRegistered User regular
    edited August 2009
    Damn your hide, Willeth. Damn your hide!

    Peter Ebel on
    Fuck off and die.
This discussion has been closed.