As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

Vroooom - Automocar Factual Information

• Garlic BreadGarlic Bread i'm a bitch i'm a bitch i'm a bitch i'm a Registered User, Disagreeable regular
    edited July 2009
    I just saw on the news that some junkie in Kensington tried selling her baby for $100 so she could get high

Oh, Philadelphia.

I guess she didn't see my WTB Baby listing on Craigslist.

edit: oh it was a dude that sold the baby

Garlic Bread on
  • DruhimDruhim Registered User, ClubPA regular
    edited July 2009
    Hunter wrote: »
    Skanks with rebel flag tank tops, at least 2 kids by 2 different guys, and an outstanding warrant.
    roll d20 to see if her ex bf Skeeter pays you a visit to fuck you up

Druhim on
    belruelotterav-1.jpg
  • AbracadanielAbracadaniel Registered User regular
    edited July 2009
    I wish I had photos of the dumb motorcycle he traded his truck for. . .after dropping $5k on those mods, he was pulled over by the cops since his truck was so high up it required a sort of safety grill on the bottom, in case of him rear-ending someone they didn't get completely crushed by his truck. Had to drop about $500 or so on that, plus the ticket.

Abracadaniel on
    edited July 2009
    haha
    stupid fuck

Druhim on
    belruelotterav-1.jpg
    edited July 2009
    the motorcycle had this ridiculously fat, wide tire on the back and was all lightning bolts and purple.

Abracadaniel on
  • DouglasDangerDouglasDanger PennsylvaniaRegistered User regular
    edited July 2009
    Smart Hero wrote: »
    the motorcycle had this ridiculously fat, wide tire on the back and was all lightning bolts and purple.

who is this guy?

DouglasDanger on
    edited July 2009
    he should have traded it for some wicked cool tats

Druhim on
    belruelotterav-1.jpg
  • Bendery It Like BeckhamBendery It Like Beckham Hopeless Registered User regular
    edited July 2009
    durf durf waiting on vin numbers so i can look cars up before i go look at them. These sellers really need to get off their asses.

The only guy who was actually nice to talk to and helpful with his car is the one who said, 'look, don't buy this from me, you're only asking for trouble if you don't know how fucked you are with an SIR motor in a 99 civic and a cop pulls you over'

Bendery It Like Beckham on
  • NotASenatorNotASenator Registered User regular
    edited July 2009
    I'm starting to get Leanna to consider the Taurus.

NotASenator on
  • FaricazyFaricazy Registered User regular
    edited July 2009
    durf durf waiting on vin numbers so i can look cars up before i go look at them. These sellers really need to get off their asses.

The only guy who was actually nice to talk to and helpful with his car is the one who said, 'look, don't buy this from me, you're only asking for trouble if you don't know how fucked you are with an SIR motor in a 99 civic and a cop pulls you over'
    if you live in a major metropolitan area, the Si will get stolen

if you don't live in a major metropolitan area, the Si will probably get stolen

Faricazy on
  • Bendery It Like BeckhamBendery It Like Beckham Hopeless Registered User regular
    edited July 2009
    Faricazy wrote: »

this one was an EX, I'm not looking at SI's anymore. It's kind of impractical for me to buy one, I could afford the car but not really the upkeep. As much as I loved the one I drove, I need something less expensive that is less likely to get stolen, or have been ass fucked by a noob modder.

edited July 2009

this one was an EX, I'm not looking at SI's anymore. It's kind of impractical for me to buy one, I could afford the car but not really the upkeep. As much as I loved the one I drove, I need something less expensive that is less likely to get stolen, or have been ass fucked by a noob modder.
    An EJ or EK Civic is still very likely to get stolen.

It sucks a lot because they are great cars.

Take a look at Mazda Proteges while you're at it. I'm a big fan of the Protege5 myself.

Faricazy on
    edited July 2009

who is this guy?

Step-son of the owner of the company I work for. Works in the warehouse. Let's just say he doesn't have a lot of 'adult' goals in life. He's an alright guy, though. Just dumb as a stump.

Abracadaniel on
    edited July 2009

An EJ or EK Civic is still very likely to get stolen.

It sucks a lot because they are great cars.

Take a look at Mazda Proteges while you're at it. I'm a big fan of the Protege5 myself.

well, I don't live in metro area, and I work in a beach town. But i also work in a ghetto too. Thing is, I'm just looking for a reliable car, so I'm looking for something stock. If i want to do any upgrades it'll all be engine. I'm just annoyed at how many of these 2000 civic EXs are either in shit condition, or have fartcans/b16a swaps.

Yeah, i know it's a good engine, no I don't want to deal with how you probably fucked it up. And take off the fart can, what are you 12?

I was looking at this (i dunno why)

http://sandiego.craigslist.org/csd/cto/1296447045.html

should i even bother to go take a look?

Also, i watched this listing go from 9000 to 5000 in 2 days, but this listing also made me throw up

NSF people who actually like cars
    http://sandiego.craigslist.org/nsd/cto/1295838946.html

edited July 2009
    Also. If i ask for a vin to look up a car with an engine swap, am I going to need two numbers as the engine has a different vin from the car?

edited July 2009

he should get that tittle looked at

Faricazy on
    edited July 2009

but no helpful feedback?

I need to get a car by tomorrow >.> so this is kind of getting frustrating.

edited July 2009

but no helpful feedback?

I'm trying to say that the person is a retard. Why would you even consider buying a modified car from someone who can't put a proper sentence together?

Faricazy on
    edited July 2009

but no helpful feedback?

I'm trying to say that the person is a retard. Why would you even consider buying a modified car from someone who can't put a proper sentence together?

troof. I called him anyways, he's got a real thick cholo accent.

• IskanderIskander Registered User regular
    edited July 2009
    i had my car waxed and polished and gave it the full treat yesterday

it looks so shiny and rad (now that all the broken parts from last year's accident have been replaced with new parts)

Iskander on
  • DrZiplockDrZiplock Registered User regular
    edited July 2009

but no helpful feedback?

That shouldn't surprise you.

I'd pass man. Modified cars or cars that tend to be driven by boy racers present more problems than not. Especially if you are not adept at the general mechanics of a car.

DrZiplock on
    edited July 2009
    You know what, look around for a Focus. Mk1 Focuses are great cars and I think the hatch variants look pretty cool.

Faricazy on
  • DouglasDangerDouglasDanger PennsylvaniaRegistered User regular
    edited July 2009

who is this guy?

Step-son of the owner of the company I work for. Works in the warehouse. Let's just say he doesn't have a lot of 'adult' goals in life. He's an alright guy, though. Just dumb as a stump.

Ah. I was afraid he was related to you or something.

DouglasDanger on
  • NotASenatorNotASenator Registered User regular
    edited July 2009
    The House has passed a $2 billion spending bill to save the “cash for clunkers” program, on a 316-109 vote.

NotASenator on
    edited July 2009
    I know they wanted it to last through november, but does it really matter? Does it really need "saving"? If they ran out of money, that means that the amount of new vehicles they were expecting to sell, indeed sold. So why does it matter how long it took to do so?

Basically, are they going to label this influx of money as "saving" the program or "extending" it?

Faricazy on
  • humblehumble Registered User regular
    edited July 2009
    DrZiplock wrote: »

but no helpful feedback?

I'd pass man. Modified cars or cars that tend to be driven by boy racers present more problems than not. Especially if you are not adept at the general mechanics of a car.

i am still waiting for car to arrive in the mail

by the way how much do i owe you for shipping

humble on
  • DogDog Registered User, Administrator, Vanilla Staff admin
    edited July 2009
    Bendery get me the VIN and i will look it up for you!

Unknown User on
  • MorgensternMorgenstern ICH BIN DER PESTVOGEL DU KAMPFAFFE!Registered User regular
    edited July 2009
    Air wrote: »
    do i need to explain how that would make the car higher off the ground
    so you hit less things

Thank you for explaining this to me. Not that I don't see a dozen of these types of trucks out here in Rednecktopia everyday, but thank you again, for illuminating what 'jacking this shit up' actually entails.

And to clear this up, I don't really want a truck like that, but occasionally, I have the urges.

Morgenstern on
    “Every time we walk along a beach some ancient urge disturbs us so that we find ourselves shedding shoes and garments or scavenging among seaweed and whitened timbers like the homesick refugees of a long war.” - Loren Eiseley
    edited July 2009
    humble wrote: »
    DrZiplock wrote: »

but no helpful feedback?

i am still waiting for car to arrive in the mail

by the way how much do i owe you for shipping

Not enough to make it worth hunting you down for. We can figure something out.

DrZiplock on
  • MorgensternMorgenstern ICH BIN DER PESTVOGEL DU KAMPFAFFE!Registered User regular
    edited July 2009
    Hunter wrote: »
    Seriously, there is a new F-150 coming out called the Raptor which is based on the old Baja trucks and now I want one.

you dont need that

I will run over small animals with it.

sure if you wanna leave them completely unscathed

I will buy giant tires for it and jack this shit up to the moon.

So just how long is your mullet in the back?

Not as big as the ones in the western areas of the State of William Penn.

And really if I were to grow a mullet, it would soon become a skullet.

Hevy Devy style.
    Devin_Townsend.jpg

Morgenstern on
    “Every time we walk along a beach some ancient urge disturbs us so that we find ourselves shedding shoes and garments or scavenging among seaweed and whitened timbers like the homesick refugees of a long war.” - Loren Eiseley
    edited July 2009
    Hooray, managed to get money stuff sorted out, picking the car up tonight at 6. Might post a photo or two. Hopefully I won't wind up being pulled over on the way home for not having a license plate. D:

Abracadaniel on
    edited July 2009
    I now have unlimited car faxes for a month. So... you know... PM me

Oh shit... i wish i had checked this thread earlier >_< fuck, oh well. This thread can continue with free car faxing for a month!

Also: I just got a call back from a guy with an SI for 6k down in imperial Beach... As much as I want to go buy it straight up cash... I can't bring myself to do it. I just have a bad feeling about an SI as much as I want it.

edited July 2009
    whoooops

Unknown User on
    edited July 2009
    No biggy, I'm gonna have fun carfaxing random vins from now on.

edited July 2009
    You should put that after your carfaxes run out, I'll be carfaxing stuff for people.

edited July 2009
    Yes I will do that, once I run out I will replace my name with yours!

SE++ Carfax Club

Unknown User on
    edited July 2009
    Seriously man, check out Focuses. You can even snag a decent SVT for under eight grand now.

Faricazy on
    edited July 2009
    Seriously man, check out Focuses. You can even snag a decent SVT for under eight grand now.

I'm trying to spend no more than 6k.
    I just lost my sonata and while it was a great car and i absolutely loved it, I need something less expensive and easier to maintain. so I'm just looking at civics. And a guy with the exact SI (stock body, DCH headers) that I want, just called me and said he wants me to come down for a look.

but it's my price limit and I don't want it to get stolen :-/

edited July 2009
    Yes, the si's tend to get stolen more than other cars.

Yes, cars that are red tend to get more speeding tickets than other cars.

Doesn't mean you will get a speeding ticket and it doesn't mean you will get your car stolen.

DrZiplock on
    edited July 2009
    Well, I found a nice EX, gonna go take a look at it.

This discussion has been closed.