As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Fallout Thread: As Paradise falls, so falls Paradise Falls.

1565758596062»

• Options
    MichaelLCMichaelLC In what furnace was thy brain? ChicagoRegistered User regular
    edited November 2009
    Is there a way to get into Fort Constantine and not pissed off the Outcasts?

I mean I don't really have a problem with murdering them all, but I really just want to get the Miss Launcher and get out.

I thought if you traded enough with the guy out front he'd be OK with you breaking in? Had to trade until he said something like, "Yeah, we're cool now. We'll keep a watch out for you."

MichaelLC on
  • Options
    The Dude With HerpesThe Dude With Herpes Lehi, UTRegistered User regular
    edited November 2009
    Yeah, that's scripted. :P

You should hang back there and let the T-51's clean up.

Also the part after that I always found so much more satisfying if you can pass the speech check instead of doing it yourself.

Re: mines...Yeah, the only time I ever used mines in my entire FO3 playthrough is in Point Lookout where the guy in the mansion told me to hold of the Tribals. But after a second I realized that was totally unnecessary. In fact I'm hard pressed to think of a situation where it'd be too terribly useful. Most times you're fighting more than a handful of enemies at a time it tends to be in an outdoor setting where funneling enemies through your mines isn't really feasible. I asked here after I had first started the game and someone said it helps with raiders in subways but while I always kept a handful of mines on my person I never found that to be the case.

Though, I suppose if you were playing a stealthy character I could see them becoming much more viable. Placing them in patrol paths quietly and such.

The only time I ever used the fatman was against the behemoth in Evergreen Mills. Nuka grenades have much the same effect and I tended to carry a lot of those on me to have the same effect.

Though I do much regret never using the experimental fatboy in the armory basement. Thinking back it would have made Adams Air Force Base a lot more fun heh.

EDIT: I think you've got Constantine and Independence mixed up. Fort Constantine is where the T51 is, it doesn't have anything to do with the outcasts. Fort Independence is their base of operations and yeah as Michael said there should be a guy out front who you can trade sensor modules or some such to in order to increase your "faction" with them. Which, honestly is a bizarre concept in the game since there's nothing else you need to grind rep for lol.

The Dude With Herpes on
    Steam: Galedrid - XBL: Galedrid - PSN: Galedrid
    Origin: Galedrid - Nintendo: Galedrid/3222-6858-1045
    Blizzard: Galedrid#1367 - FFXIV: Galedrid Kingshand

• Options
    JustinSane07JustinSane07 Really, stupid? Brockton__BANNED USERS regular
    edited November 2009
    Yeah I think I have the names mixed up.

I mean it doesn't matter now. I accidently quick saved after I broke in and my last real save is from hours before.

So I guess it's murdering time.

JustinSane07 on
  • Options
    Mr.SunshineMr.Sunshine Registered User regular
    edited November 2009
    MichaelLC wrote: »
    Is there a way to get into Fort Constantine and not pissed off the Outcasts?

I mean I don't really have a problem with murdering them all, but I really just want to get the Miss Launcher and get out.

I thought if you traded enough with the guy out front he'd be OK with you breaking in? Had to trade until he said something like, "Yeah, we're cool now. We'll keep a watch out for you."

I got to the whole "Yeah, I'll tell the other Outcasts you're cool." part but was still unable to get inside the fort. So I had to sneak up behind him as steal his key.(Karma hit) Could've snached up all the other stuff he had but why bother. Anyway, steal the key, unlock the door and go inside. The Outcasts inside won't be hostile, cause whatshisface says you're cool!

Mr.Sunshine on
  • Options
    EmperorSethEmperorSeth Registered User regular
    edited November 2009
    The only times I use mines regularly is in the Stealing Independence quest right before the Super Mutant ambush.

EmperorSeth on
    You know what? Nanowrimo's cancelled on account of the world is stupid.
  • Options
    LucascraftLucascraft Registered User regular
    edited November 2009
    RE: Mothership Zeta
    What the hell is the alien's fascination with Giddyup Buttercup? This area down in the cargohold is creepy as hell.

From what I can tell, either the aliens were the ones who originally created it, or else they were modifying them in some way.

Lucascraft on
  • Options
    edited November 2009
    Lucascraft wrote: »
    RE: Mothership Zeta
    What the hell is the alien's fascination with Giddyup Buttercup? This area down in the cargohold is creepy as hell.

From what I can tell, either the aliens were the ones who originally created it, or else they were modifying them in some way.

Yeah i was confused there too.

I couldn't tell if they were the ones making them.

Or if they thought they were the real power on earth and were collecting an army.

Either way it's pretty clear that they are homicidal robot horses that all should fear.

Bethesda totally missed the chance to have an awesome easter egg location where you fight an army of buttercups.

The Dude With Herpes on

• Options
    DaemonionDaemonion Mountain Man USARegistered User regular
    edited November 2009
    So, yea.

The game loves crashing in and around Rivet City, to the point where I need to use the console anytime I want to travel into or out of that place.

Turns out this is pretty common, well known issue. Bethesda even acknowledges the problem, but, no help from them, I guess.

Daemonion on
  • Options
    edited November 2009
    Bethesda seems more intent on producing new content than fixing old content. I love their games and they have a great track record of producing some of the best open-world RPGs on the market, but they also have a very consistent knack for what I guess I would call "abandon-ware" meaning as soon as a product hits the shelves, they are done with it.

Morrowind and Oblivion had the same problem. They'd release the game and a couple expansions and/or DLC and then be done with it. There was never any post release optimization or bug fixes.

Lucascraft on
  • Options
    ZombiemamboZombiemambo Registered User regular
    edited November 2009
    Bethesda seems more intent on producing new content than fixing old content. I love their games and they have a great track record of producing some of the best open-world RPGs on the market, but they also have a very consistent knack for what I guess I would call "abandon-ware" meaning as soon as a product hits the shelves, they are done with it.

Morrowind and Oblivion had the same problem. They'd release the game and a couple expansions and/or DLC and then be done with it. There was never any post release optimization or bug fixes.

Why bother when the community will do it for you! :x

Zombiemambo on
    JKKaAGp.png
  • Options
    edited November 2009

Why bother when the community will do it for you! :x
    As true as this is, it doesn't make it acceptable. If anything, a developer who knows in the back of their mind that "the community will do it for me" is a lazy developer.

As of right now, the only fixes that may work involve using the console to modify spawns or teleport out of Rivet City. It is really quite frustrating.

Daemonion on
  • Options
    edited November 2009
    And PS3/360 owners don't have access to console commands or mods.

Lucascraft on
  • Options
    edited November 2009
    And PS3/360 owners don't have access to console commands or mods.

Correct. I believe console owners are having difficulty with consistent crashing near a bridge somewhere in the game.

Daemonion on
  • Options
    edited November 2009
    The only crashes I ever had on the 360 were in the Pitt.

Well, also in random buildings but it turns out that was my 360 on its last legs and died the next day. :(

The Dude With Herpes on

• Options
    edited November 2009
    Well crashing isn't the only thing that needs to be fixed in FO3.

There are framerate issues and crazy physics bugs. There was a part in Point Lookout where I exited one of the redneck shacks and all of the phsyics objects in the whole world flew up into the air spontaneously and fell down again, which caused my system to chug. And some items never properly reset either. I'd be walking around the main outdoor area and there would be like a random pot up in the air. Or in one case, there was a floating lever-action rifle and creeper corpse up about 10 feet in the air.

Lucascraft on
  • Options
    JustinSane07JustinSane07 Really, stupid? Brockton__BANNED USERS regular
    edited November 2009
    My game crashes every once in a while. Sometimes over and over in the same spot.

I don't know if it's a conflict with a mod/DLC, the game not liking Windows 7, or something else entirely. My original play throughs were on Vista with 0 mods or DLC and I had no problems.

JustinSane07 on
  • Options
    edited November 2009
    Well crashing isn't the only thing that needs to be fixed in FO3.

There are framerate issues and crazy physics bugs. There was a part in Point Lookout where I exited one of the redneck shacks and all of the phsyics objects in the whole world flew up into the air spontaneously and fell down again, which caused my system to chug. And some items never properly reset either. I'd be walking around the main outdoor area and there would be like a random pot up in the air. Or in one case, there was a floating lever-action rifle and creeper corpse up about 10 feet in the air.

Well yeah but the physics bugs are awesome! :lol:

The Dude With Herpes on

• Options
    LeCausticLeCaustic Registered User regular
    edited November 2009
    My game crashes whenever I want to rescue/check on the second dude in the germantown police HQ. I can't get through the door to the main level. So...I just said fuck it and left with Red.

LeCaustic on
    Your sig is too tall. -Thanatos
    kaustikos.png
  • Options
    ButtcleftButtcleft Registered User regular
    edited November 2009
    Buttcleft on