Options

[WoW] What's the plural of [shaman] anyway? Cata info links in OP!

1565758596062»

• Options
    fortyforty Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    815165 wrote: »
    reVerse wrote: »
    Well, MMO Champ doesn't list Judgement of Wisdom in their Paladin section, just a generic Judgement that combines Judgement of Light and Judgement of Justice.
    This is true. JoW was really only a big deal for hunters, shaman and paladins themselves, and those are all solvable in other ways.
    Wow.

forty on
  • Options
    DranythDranyth Surf ColoradoRegistered User regular
    edited July 2010
    Well, that's a stupid statement, but I read it more as they want to strictly control what mana regenerating sources there are going to be. Since mana seems to be a big portion of this expansion.

Dranyth on
  • Options
    ArikadoArikado Southern CaliforniaRegistered User regular
    edited July 2010
    As Elemental, you'll be stacking Spirit for +Hit anyway so I don't see what the problem is.

Arikado on
    BNet: Arikado#1153 | Steam | LoL: Anzen
  • Options
    edited July 2010
    I think they're talking about Enhancement.

Dranyth on
  • Options
    reVersereVerse Attack and Dethrone God Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    You won't have a talent to convert that spirit into mana regen while casting, though.

reVerse on
  • Options
    edited July 2010
    You have a talent that regens mana per melee, don't you?

Arikado on
  • Options
    edited July 2010
    You won't be meleeing as Ele and spirit doesn't make you hit faster or stronger, so I fail to see your point.

reVerse on
  • Options
    edited July 2010
    That mana per melee is what Ghostcrawler was talking about with the 'solvable other ways' part.

Dranyth on
  • Options
    edited July 2010
    Ok so are we talking about ELemental or Enhancement because I just explained both.

Arikado on
  • Options
    edited July 2010
    All Ele will get from spirit is +hit, it's not a mana regen mechanic for DPS specs. As Ele, your mana regen will come from Unrelenting Storm, Thunderstorm and clearcasting.

reVerse on
  • Options
    edited July 2010
    Right, there's nothing new for Elemental at the moment because (from my experience and the Shaman I've grouped up with) there hasn't been a real need for mana regen.

Arikado on
  • Options
    edited July 2010
    ...But the changes in question are regarding Cataclysm, not 'at the moment'. Things are changing fairly significantly and can't be assumed to work as they do now.

Dranyth on
  • Options
    edited July 2010
    Ok. So this is the first I'm hearing about mana issues in Cataclysm for Elemental Shaman then.

Arikado on
  • Options
    Xenogears of BoreXenogears of Bore Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    Elemental Shaman were the original "Lols no Mana" spec.

Considering how many other things they are trying to roll back with Cata, I wouldn't be too surprised if something changed here.
    They've been actively trying to make sure that the only classes running OOM in the xpac are all healers, at least while leveling. What they have in mind for raiding and heroics is anyones guess.

Xenogears of Bore on
    3DS CODE: 3093-7068-3576
  • Options
    fortyforty Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    I just "Wow"d that quote since I'm surprised they're going down to a single judgement. I guess it makes sense though since the 3 judgements added a lot of buttons for not a lot of effect, and they're trying to clean shit up. Plus they did mention wanting to cut down on all the different raid buffs that affect mana regen, so JoW seemed destined for the chopping block anyway. I didn't expect the JoL/JoJ merge though.

forty on
  • Options
    edited July 2010
    JoW doesn't do damage (currently), right? Just inflicts the debuff and lets people regen off of it.

Arikado on
  • Options
    815165815165 Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    Arikado wrote: »
    JoW doesn't do damage (currently), right? Just inflicts the debuff and lets people regen off of it.
    All the Judgements hit for the same damage, right now.

815165 on
  • Options
    Kai_SanKai_San Commonly known as Klineshrike! Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    Im going to make the new Shaman Thread now. If there are any problems with that just let me know. Only doing so case Henroid reached out for someone to take over. I dunno how locking the old one is handled etc.

Kai_San on
  • Options
    HenroidHenroid Mexican kicked from Immigration Thread Centrism is Racism :3Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    As the dwarf in Shadowmoon Valley said, "DO IT YE PANSEY!"

Henroid on
This discussion has been closed.