As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Hey guys lets be netflix friends

BalefuegoBalefuego Registered User regular
edited October 2009 in Social Entropy++
so we can talk about awesome movies and I can make fun of you when I see you put Transformers 2 on your queue.

I guess we could also talk about amazing movies that are not yet on Netflix.

Like

HLposterUSA2.jpg

and

Moonposter.jpg


or sweet looking upcoming movies like

A Serious Man


Also apparently there's going to be a new 360 update that lets you properly stream movies as an xbox live party which would be totally awesome!

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Balefuego on
«13456762

Posts

  • Options
    ArrathArrath Registered User regular
    edited August 2009
    Also apparently there's going to be a new 360 update that lets you properly stream movies as an xbox live party which would be totally awesome!

    Okay that sounds really cool, requires everyone to have a netflix sub I would imagine?

    Arrath on
  • Options
    Calamity JaneCalamity Jane That Wrong Love Registered User regular
    edited August 2009
    so, last night i watched tokyo gore police

    man

    japan

    you and your crazy rape culture

    i can't quit you baby

    Calamity Jane on
    twitter https://twitter.com/mperezwritesirl michelle patreon https://www.patreon.com/thatwronglove michelle's comic book from IMAGE COMICS you can order http://a.co/dn5YeUD
  • Options
    FAQFAQ Registered User regular
    edited August 2009
    I want netflix

    screenclick isn't good enough

    goddamn country

    FAQ on
  • Options
    JasconiusJasconius sword criminal mad onlineRegistered User regular
    edited August 2009
    I just got Netflix a month or two ago.

    Just saw An Inconvenient Truth. Next up? Casablanca on Blu-Ray.

    2 dollars a month for blu-ray is a hell of a deal.

    Jasconius on
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] regular
    edited August 2009
    The user and all related content has been deleted.

    [Deleted User] on
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] regular
    edited August 2009
    The user and all related content has been deleted.

    [Deleted User] on
  • Options
    ProjeckProjeck Registered User regular
    edited August 2009
    the anime is strong in this one

    Projeck on
  • Options
    AMP'dAMP'd Registered User regular
    edited August 2009
    Balefuego wrote: »
    Moonposter.jpg

    Wanna see dis movie

    AMP'd on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    BalefuegoBalefuego Registered User regular
    edited August 2009
    Jasconius wrote: »
    I just got Netflix a month or two ago.

    Just saw An Inconvenient Truth. Next up? Casablanca on Blu-Ray.

    2 dollars a month for blu-ray is a hell of a deal.

    I love Casablanca so much

    Balefuego on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    ProjeckProjeck Registered User regular
    edited August 2009
    moon is so good

    Projeck on
  • Options
    Kuribo's ShoeKuribo's Shoe Kuribo's Stocking North PoleRegistered User regular
    edited August 2009
    also does Netflix Instant Stream work in canada at all or is it blocked

    netflix does not exist in canada so it is probably blocked

    Kuribo's Shoe on
    xmassig2.gif
  • Options
    Grey GhostGrey Ghost Registered User regular
    edited August 2009
    Casablanca is my favorite movie ever

    On another note, Rocky IV is on

    I fucking love Rocky IV

    Grey Ghost on
  • Options
    HyperAquaBlastHyperAquaBlast Registered User regular
    edited August 2009
    AMP'd wrote: »
    Balefuego wrote: »
    moon.img

    Wanna see dis movie

    Man it came out in one theater out here for a week. Invited a girl to go see it with me and at the last moment she jumped ship. Never got to see it. I when I do see it I'm going to be reminded when I got sorta stood up for the movie.

    I'm pretty stoked about District 9 though.

    HyperAquaBlast on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    HunterHunter Chemist with a heart of Au Registered User regular
    edited August 2009
    I VILL BREAK YOU!

    I watched it yesterday.

    Hunter on
  • Options
    ackack Registered User regular
    edited August 2009
    can someone please phone netflix and tell them to come to canada

    ack on
  • Options
    HunterHunter Chemist with a heart of Au Registered User regular
    edited August 2009
    Try moving to a real country.

    Hunter on
  • Options
    satansfingerssatansfingers Registered User regular
    edited August 2009
    i really need to hook my 360 up to internet again so i can watch netflix streaming

    satansfingers on
  • Options
    Vann DirasVann Diras Registered User regular
    edited August 2009
    hm maybe I'll watch step brothers now

    stupid comedy sounds good at the moment

    Vann Diras on
  • Options
    ackack Registered User regular
    edited August 2009
    Hunter wrote: »
    Try moving to a real country.

    no i like fake countries

    ack on
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] regular
    edited August 2009
    The user and all related content has been deleted.

    [Deleted User] on
  • Options
    Bad-BeatBad-Beat Registered User regular
    edited August 2009
    I saw moon last week

    fucking excellent

    Bad-Beat on
  • Options
    Grey GhostGrey Ghost Registered User regular
    edited August 2009
    Rocky IV distills the inspirational sports movie montage into an art form, because it has 3 of them

    The first one is when he's driving around in the middle of the night thinking back on his friendship with Apollo and resolving to avenge his death by beating Drago, and No Easy Way Out is playing

    Then there's Russia Training Montage A, where he jogs around and lifts rocks and stuff, then there is a one minute interlude where Adrian comes to Russia and gives Rocky renewed strength, and then Russia Training Montage B kicks in with that Hearts on Fire song, and ends with Rocky standing on top of a fucking mountain yelling DRAGOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

    They were not fucking around with those montages

    Grey Ghost on
  • Options
    simosimo Registered User regular
    edited August 2009
    step brothers was pretty awful

    simo on
    bugss2.jpg
  • Options
    Vann DirasVann Diras Registered User regular
    edited August 2009
    get ready for ferrel balls and brule's rules

    sweet

    Vann Diras on
  • Options
    HunterHunter Chemist with a heart of Au Registered User regular
    edited August 2009
    Grey Ghost wrote: »
    Rocky IV distills the inspirational sports movie montage into an art form, because it has 3 of them

    The first one is when he's driving around in the middle of the night thinking back on his friendship with Apollo and resolving to avenge his death by beating Drago, and No Easy Way Out is playing

    Then there's Russia Training Montage A, where he jogs around and lifts rocks and stuff, then there is a one minute interlude where Adrian comes to Russia and gives Rocky renewed strength, and then Russia Training Montage B kicks in with that Hearts on Fire song, and ends with Rocky standing on top of a fucking mountain yelling DRAGOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

    They were not fucking around with those montages


    Then at the end, there's understanding. Because he changed how he felt about the Russian people and understood Drago's drive.

    Hunter on
  • Options
    Bad-BeatBad-Beat Registered User regular
    edited August 2009
    The No Easy Way Out montage is probably my favourite movie montage ever.

    Bad-Beat on
  • Options
    ShortyShorty touching the meat Intergalactic Cool CourtRegistered User regular
    edited August 2009
    I still liked the training montage in Rocky III better

    fuckin' Eye of the Tiger

    Shorty on
  • Options
    Grey GhostGrey Ghost Registered User regular
    edited August 2009
    Hunter wrote: »
    Grey Ghost wrote: »
    Rocky IV distills the inspirational sports movie montage into an art form, because it has 3 of them

    The first one is when he's driving around in the middle of the night thinking back on his friendship with Apollo and resolving to avenge his death by beating Drago, and No Easy Way Out is playing

    Then there's Russia Training Montage A, where he jogs around and lifts rocks and stuff, then there is a one minute interlude where Adrian comes to Russia and gives Rocky renewed strength, and then Russia Training Montage B kicks in with that Hearts on Fire song, and ends with Rocky standing on top of a fucking mountain yelling DRAGOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

    They were not fucking around with those montages


    Then at the end, there's understanding. Because he changed how he felt about the Russian people and understood Drago's drive.

    And that's how the Cold War ended, class

    Grey Ghost on
  • Options
    BalefuegoBalefuego Registered User regular
    edited August 2009
    Shorty wrote: »
    I still liked the training montage in Rocky III better

    fuckin' Eye of the Tiger

    also noted for the most awkward manhug in movie history

    Balefuego on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    zimfanzimfan Registered User regular
    edited August 2009
    The Rocky movies are so good, it's a hell of a series

    zimfan on
    PasscodeSig.png
  • Options
    ShortyShorty touching the meat Intergalactic Cool CourtRegistered User regular
    edited August 2009
    I must have tuned that part out

    I just remember Apollo being like "ARE YOU HUNGRY?" "YEAH MAN" "NO YOU AIN'T SHUT UP"

    but then he totally is hungry and shit gets real

    Shorty on
  • Options
    ShortyShorty touching the meat Intergalactic Cool CourtRegistered User regular
    edited August 2009
    zimfan wrote: »
    The Rocky movies are so good, it's a hell of a series

    except for rocky V

    we can pretend that one never happened

    Shorty on
  • Options
    Grey GhostGrey Ghost Registered User regular
    edited August 2009
    HE WILL KNOCK YOU ON YOUR ASS, MAN

    Grey Ghost on
  • Options
    Penguin IncarnatePenguin Incarnate King of Kafiristan Registered User regular
    edited August 2009
    Let's just talk about The Wire.

    I think that it is very good.

    Now one of you go.

    Penguin Incarnate on
  • Options
    Grey GhostGrey Ghost Registered User regular
    edited August 2009
    Shorty wrote: »
    zimfan wrote: »
    The Rocky movies are so good, it's a hell of a series

    except for rocky V

    we can pretend that one never happened

    There was no Rocky V

    Even a lot of people involved with it consider it to be non-canon now!

    I was pleasantly surprised by Rocky Balboa though, and consider it a fitting end to the series

    Grey Ghost on
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] regular
    edited August 2009
    The user and all related content has been deleted.

    [Deleted User] on
  • Options
    DekuStickDekuStick Registered User regular
    edited August 2009
    Hunter wrote: »
    I VILL BREAK YOU!

    I watched it yesterday.

    You watched it yesterday and got the Drago quote wrong?
    I must break you

    DekuStick on
  • Options
    L|amaL|ama Registered User regular
    edited August 2009
    Let's just talk about The Wire.

    I think that it is very good.

    Now one of you go.

    Breaking Bad



    they still haven't played season 2 here :(

    L|ama on
  • Options
    FAQFAQ Registered User regular
    edited August 2009
    everybody thinks it is very good

    and if they don't they are probably dumb and ugly

    FAQ on
  • Options
    Bad-BeatBad-Beat Registered User regular
    edited August 2009
    There's no easy way out

    THERE'S NO SHORTCUT HOOOOOOME

    Bad-Beat on
This discussion has been closed.