As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

Pre-Fight Debate Thread: Bracket 15

135

Posts

  • Kuribo's ShoeKuribo's Shoe Kuribo's Stocking North PoleRegistered User regular
    edited December 2006
    uhhhhhhh

    Mystique worked in the Pentagon. She was like, right under the Secretary of Defense. So this is definitely home field advantage for her.

    Kuribo's Shoe on
    xmassig2.gif
  • Kuribo's ShoeKuribo's Shoe Kuribo's Stocking North PoleRegistered User regular
    edited December 2006
    Also, the way I think that the Doom/Ivy fight works out, is Doom is like, this crazy thing attacked me while I was here on diplomatic business. And they'd be like, well, we know Doom, at least, so let's work with him while we try to figure out what the fuck is going on. So he'd get the X-Men on his side, and Ivy'd be fucked.

    Kuribo's Shoe on
    xmassig2.gif
  • robosagogorobosagogo Registered User regular
    edited December 2006
    Also, the way I think that the Doom/Ivy fight works out, is Doom is like, this crazy thing attacked me while I was here on diplomatic business. And they'd be like, well, we know Doom, at least, so let's work with him while we try to figure out what the fuck is going on. So he'd get the X-Men on his side, and Ivy'd be fucked.
    That really doesn't make any sense at all.

    robosagogo on
  • FiarynFiaryn Omnicidal Madman Registered User regular
    edited December 2006
    jeepguy wrote:
    Fiaryn wrote:
    Servo wrote:
    Fiaryn wrote:
    Corvus wrote:
    jeepguy wrote:
    Fiaryn wrote:
    What instances do we have from the comics to reference the defenses of the Pentagon? If none, we're forced to assume fairly real life standards of defense, and therefore, lightning man is probably going to hand everyone their ass I'd think.

    That's pure retard-logic.

    Pretty much. Assuming that the Pentagon in the Marvel universe has no special defenses for superhumans strikes me as a really, really, poor assumption.

    Last I checked the Pentagon=/S.A.F.E or SHIELD. Also, as has been stated, if they have Sentinel level defenses then both combatants are probably fucked now aren't they?

    the pentagon is the center of the department of defense in a country that is regularly attacked by jerks like magneto

    i'm sure it's totally defenseless

    Totally defenseless? Haha! No. But the question is does it have the grand scale defenses required for an onslaught like Electro? He's -really- damn strong in the charging rhino kind of way. And, once again, it's completely ambiguous how well defended they are. Till Doom clarifies, we're all assuming on the most pivotal aspect of the entire fight.

    Actually I think it is a totally safe and fair assumption that the Pentagon in either the DC or Marvel Universes could handle an assault by Electro.

    He's not a Magneto, Doom, or Apocalypse level villan. He's powerful, yes, but he is no tactical genius and he's alone.

    Perhaps we're taking the environment to mean different things, the way I see it, in this tourney we have an arena of the Pentagon. They can't leave the Pentagon, and it's not an issue of Electro assaulting and breaking in. He's plopped down in their base. Now I'm also assuming that we're not factoring in the barrage of reinforcements that would, of course, overwhelm Electro. Just the people in the Pentagon, Mystique, and that's it. If it's just the Pentagon and not the considerable armed forces stationed ELSEWHERE, I think Electro can win this.

    Fiaryn on
    Soul Silver FC: 1935 3141 6240
    White FC: 0819 3350 1787
  • ServoServo Registered User, ClubPA regular
    edited December 2006
    Fiaryn wrote:
    Perhaps we're taking the environment to mean different things, the way I see it, in this tourney we have an arena of the Pentagon. They can't leave the Pentagon, and it's not an issue of Electro assaulting and breaking in. He's plopped down in their base. Now I'm also assuming that we're not factoring in the barrage of reinforcements that would, of course, overwhelm Electro. Just the people in the Pentagon, Mystique, and that's it. If it's just the Pentagon and not the considerable armed forces stationed ELSEWHERE, I think Electro can win this.

    but the thing is, i don't think the considerable armed forces are stationed elsewhere. i think the pentagon is fucking geared up for an assault all the time

    Servo on
    newsigs.jpg
  • Kuribo's ShoeKuribo's Shoe Kuribo's Stocking North PoleRegistered User regular
    edited December 2006
    robosagogo wrote:
    Also, the way I think that the Doom/Ivy fight works out, is Doom is like, this crazy thing attacked me while I was here on diplomatic business. And they'd be like, well, we know Doom, at least, so let's work with him while we try to figure out what the fuck is going on. So he'd get the X-Men on his side, and Ivy'd be fucked.
    That really doesn't make any sense at all.

    No? You think they'd attack Doom before they attack a psychotic plant lady they never saw before?

    Kuribo's Shoe on
    xmassig2.gif
  • ServoServo Registered User, ClubPA regular
    edited December 2006
    robosagogo wrote:
    Also, the way I think that the Doom/Ivy fight works out, is Doom is like, this crazy thing attacked me while I was here on diplomatic business. And they'd be like, well, we know Doom, at least, so let's work with him while we try to figure out what the fuck is going on. So he'd get the X-Men on his side, and Ivy'd be fucked.
    That really doesn't make any sense at all.

    No? You think they'd attack Doom before they attack a psychotic plant lady they never saw before?

    yes

    doom doesn't come to your yard unless doom wants your house, and i think the x-men know that

    he's major league evil in the marvel u

    Servo on
    newsigs.jpg
  • Regina FongRegina Fong Allons-y, Alonso Registered User regular
    edited December 2006
    Fiaryn wrote:
    jeepguy wrote:
    Fiaryn wrote:
    Servo wrote:
    Fiaryn wrote:
    Corvus wrote:
    jeepguy wrote:
    Fiaryn wrote:
    What instances do we have from the comics to reference the defenses of the Pentagon? If none, we're forced to assume fairly real life standards of defense, and therefore, lightning man is probably going to hand everyone their ass I'd think.

    That's pure retard-logic.

    Pretty much. Assuming that the Pentagon in the Marvel universe has no special defenses for superhumans strikes me as a really, really, poor assumption.

    Last I checked the Pentagon=/S.A.F.E or SHIELD. Also, as has been stated, if they have Sentinel level defenses then both combatants are probably fucked now aren't they?

    the pentagon is the center of the department of defense in a country that is regularly attacked by jerks like magneto

    i'm sure it's totally defenseless

    Totally defenseless? Haha! No. But the question is does it have the grand scale defenses required for an onslaught like Electro? He's -really- damn strong in the charging rhino kind of way. And, once again, it's completely ambiguous how well defended they are. Till Doom clarifies, we're all assuming on the most pivotal aspect of the entire fight.

    Actually I think it is a totally safe and fair assumption that the Pentagon in either the DC or Marvel Universes could handle an assault by Electro.

    He's not a Magneto, Doom, or Apocalypse level villan. He's powerful, yes, but he is no tactical genius and he's alone.

    Perhaps we're taking the environment to mean different things, the way I see it, in this tourney we have an arena of the Pentagon. They can't leave the Pentagon, and it's not an issue of Electro assaulting and breaking in. He's plopped down in their base. Now I'm also assuming that we're not factoring in the barrage of reinforcements that would, of course, overwhelm Electro. Just the people in the Pentagon, Mystique, and that's it. If it's just the Pentagon and not the considerable armed forces stationed ELSEWHERE, I think Electro can win this.

    If the X-Men are inside the X-Mansion during that fight, I see no reason why the Pentagon's defenses wouldn't be intact for the other fight.

    And lets please not argue about whether the Pentagon in Marvel or DC has onsite defenses capable of addressing a substantial post-human threat; it's painfully obvious that they do.

    Regina Fong on
  • robosagogorobosagogo Registered User regular
    edited December 2006
    robosagogo wrote:
    Also, the way I think that the Doom/Ivy fight works out, is Doom is like, this crazy thing attacked me while I was here on diplomatic business. And they'd be like, well, we know Doom, at least, so let's work with him while we try to figure out what the fuck is going on. So he'd get the X-Men on his side, and Ivy'd be fucked.
    That really doesn't make any sense at all.

    No? You think they'd attack Doom before they attack a psychotic plant lady they never saw before?

    Yes.

    They're the X-Men. They have a unique understanding of why you shouldn't attack freakish people based solely on appearances and unfamiliarity.

    Besides which, Ivy isn't even noticeably psychotic.

    robosagogo on
  • robosagogorobosagogo Registered User regular
    edited December 2006
    Really doubt the Pentagon's defenses can work when they're completely drained of all power. And with all the doors utilizing security measures such as keycard or retinal scans, everyone's effectively trapped.

    robosagogo on
  • The Muffin ManThe Muffin Man Registered User regular
    edited December 2006
    Servo wrote:
    robosagogo wrote:
    Also, the way I think that the Doom/Ivy fight works out, is Doom is like, this crazy thing attacked me while I was here on diplomatic business. And they'd be like, well, we know Doom, at least, so let's work with him while we try to figure out what the fuck is going on. So he'd get the X-Men on his side, and Ivy'd be fucked.
    That really doesn't make any sense at all.

    No? You think they'd attack Doom before they attack a psychotic plant lady they never saw before?

    yes

    doom doesn't come to your yard unless doom wants your house, and i think the x-men know that

    he's major league evil in the marvel u

    Well yeah, but are you gonna focus on the guy you'll probably just piss off? Or the girl you're gonna blow out the fucking window?

    I'd personally hope Doom got bored if I were part of the X-Men.
    They're the X-Men. They have a unique understanding of why you shouldn't attack freakish people based solely on appearances and unfamiliarity.
    They have a psychic who has no clue of the meaning of the word "Personal mental space", and will pry into Ivys mind the second she sees someone unfamiliar.

    The Muffin Man on
  • robosagogorobosagogo Registered User regular
    edited December 2006
    Emma is also practical and shady. Knowing one of the two combatants has to win, she'll favor the pseudo-benevolent environmental terrorist and bank robber over the despot.

    Besides which, Ivy's pheremones allow her to seduce Wolverine at least and maybe the entire X-Men team as well.

    And who knows, if Emma enters Ivy's mind she might end up going catatonic and getting lost in the Green. More likely, though, she'll probably just go with the lesser of two evils as I previously suggested.

    robosagogo on
  • Regina FongRegina Fong Allons-y, Alonso Registered User regular
    edited December 2006
    robosagogo wrote:
    Really doubt the Pentagon's defenses can work when they're completely drained of all power. And with all the doors utilizing security measures such as keycard or retinal scans, everyone's effectively trapped.

    The Pentagon's defenses undoubtedly consist of a commando team of SHIELD capekillers loaded for bear, or whatever equivalent DC can muster. For that matter, SHIELD has been using psychics lately, so Mystique will get fucked too. I still think Electro is flashy and blatant enough to become the primary target, Mystique can use the confusion to imitate someone in authority long enough to turn the brunt of the defense response against Electro, and then try and make her escape before getting caught.

    Regina Fong on
  • robosagogorobosagogo Registered User regular
    edited December 2006
    So basically, Electro is going to lose because we assume an environment we have no specific details about is going to do all the work to defeat him in this fight ?

    robosagogo on
  • Regina FongRegina Fong Allons-y, Alonso Registered User regular
    edited December 2006
    robosagogo wrote:
    So basically, Electro is going to lose because we assume an environment we have no specific details about is going to do all the work to defeat him in this fight ?

    Stop being pedantic. Mystique is able to use the enviornment to her advantage, she can lose herself in the chaos, and when all hell breaks lose, she can aim it at Electro's ridiculous head. This follows the path of least resistance, which is exactly why Mystique would do it.

    Regina Fong on
  • robosagogorobosagogo Registered User regular
    edited December 2006
    jeepguy wrote:
    robosagogo wrote:
    So basically, Electro is going to lose because we assume an environment we have no specific details about is going to do all the work to defeat him in this fight ?

    Stop being pedantic. Mystique is able to use the enviornment to her advantage, she can lose herself in the chaos, and when all hell breaks lose, she can aim it at Electro's ridiculous head. This follows the path of least resistance, which is exactly why Mystique would do it.

    Electro isn't going to let himself get shot. His powers specifically prevent that from happening.

    How about, Electro can drain the Pentagon of all its powers and put the whole building on lockdown (high-tech Pentagon requires keycard access to get from room to room). He then obliterates each room he comes upon and everyone inside until, by process of elimination, he kills Mystique. If he doesn't find her, he just sends a huge charge across the whole building.

    robosagogo on
  • Regina FongRegina Fong Allons-y, Alonso Registered User regular
    edited December 2006
    robosagogo wrote:
    jeepguy wrote:
    robosagogo wrote:
    So basically, Electro is going to lose because we assume an environment we have no specific details about is going to do all the work to defeat him in this fight ?

    Stop being pedantic. Mystique is able to use the enviornment to her advantage, she can lose herself in the chaos, and when all hell breaks lose, she can aim it at Electro's ridiculous head. This follows the path of least resistance, which is exactly why Mystique would do it.

    Electro isn't going to let himself get shot. His powers specifically prevent that from happening.

    How about, Electro can drain the Pentagon of all its powers and put the whole building on lockdown (high-tech Pentagon requires keycard access to get from room to room). He then obliterates each room he comes upon and everyone inside until, by process of elimination, he kills Mystique. If he doesn't find her, he just sends a huge charge across the whole building.
    He is extremely powerful but not particularly intelligent, and like the similarly strong but not smart Rhino is usually outwitted by his foes.

    Wikipedia says that Electro's super-duper powers are fucking gone. He had them only briefly. He isn't bullet-proof anymore, and he probably isn't even waterproof. Also, he is still dumb.

    Oh, and he isn't explosion-proof either during or post power amplification experiment, so I see a variety of ways in which Mystique can kill his dumb ass.

    Regina Fong on
  • robosagogorobosagogo Registered User regular
    edited December 2006
    Truth be told, the apparent advantage granted by the choice in venue is greatly offset by the rules and goals of the fight itself.

    The way I see it, Mystique is at her best when nobody knows she's even there. Purely by virtue of the fact that this is a tournament, she has lost this advantage. Electro knows he's fighting Mystique and that she's in the building. Granted she can make herself look like anyone, but he's taking out everyone he comes across regardless of who they are so even the shape-shifting is rendered irrelevant.

    All Mystique can do, really, is evade Electro and try to get the drop on him. Good as she is at these things, Spider-Man is much better. While she may have skills Spider-Man lacks, Electro is nonetheless better prepared than most of the people Mystique goes up against and, more importantly, infinitely more powerful.

    robosagogo on
  • Spectre-xSpectre-x Rating: AWESOME YESRegistered User regular
    edited December 2006
    Servo wrote:
    i mean, since it's already a gas and everything, you fucking nimrod

    hey

    hey, listen!


    fuck you, you cock. I said disperse, not evaporate. Disperse as in spread it out so thinly through the air that it becomes harmless.

    Don't call me a nimrod because you are an illiterate fucking retard.

    Spectre-x on
  • NinjaSquirrelNinjaSquirrel Registered User regular
    edited December 2006
    Uhhh...the wiki article says nothing about him losing his heightened powers, unless I missed something. I just kinda skimmed the powers and abilities section and the blurb at the top.

    NinjaSquirrel on
  • DJ EebsDJ Eebs Moderator, Administrator admin
    edited December 2006
    Robo, Mystique is an X-Men villain. Electro is not infinitely more powerful than the damn X-Men.

    DJ Eebs on
  • Regina FongRegina Fong Allons-y, Alonso Registered User regular
    edited December 2006
    Uhhh...the wiki article says nothing about him losing his heightened powers, unless I missed something. I just kinda skimmed the powers and abilities section and the blurb at the top.

    Read deeper, he was given enhanced powers in an experiment, tried to take over NYC again, was thwarted by Spidey again, dove into the river and exploded. When he reappeared he was back to his old power levels, brain manipulation, magnetic manipulation, and unlimited electrical capacity are gone.

    Regina Fong on
  • CorvusCorvus . VancouverRegistered User regular
    edited December 2006
    Geebs wrote:
    Robo, Mystique is an X-Men villain. Electro is not infinitely more powerful than the damn X-Men.

    And he's not the brightest bulb on the planet either (har har).

    Corvus on
    :so_raven:
  • NinjaSquirrelNinjaSquirrel Registered User regular
    edited December 2006
    jeepguy wrote:
    Uhhh...the wiki article says nothing about him losing his heightened powers, unless I missed something. I just kinda skimmed the powers and abilities section and the blurb at the top.

    Read deeper, he was given enhanced powers in an experiment, tried to take over NYC again, was thwarted by Spidey again, dove into the river and exploded. When he reappeared he was back to his old power levels, brain manipulation, magnetic manipulation, and unlimited electrical capacity are gone.
    Yeah I just went and read the first part again since I figured since it wasn't in the powers section it must have been there. I saw it. Guess I should make sure to read the whole page instead of the section i think makes sense for the information.

    NinjaSquirrel on
  • robosagogorobosagogo Registered User regular
    edited December 2006
    jeepguy wrote:

    Wikipedia says that Electro's super-duper powers are fucking gone. He had them only briefly. He isn't bullet-proof anymore, and he probably isn't even waterproof. Also, he is still dumb.

    Oh, and he isn't explosion-proof either during or post power amplification experiment, so I see a variety of ways in which Mystique can kill his dumb ass.

    No, they're not fucking gone.
    His powers had seemingly reverted to their pre-amplification level, and he wore a new blue-and-white costume.

    As such, there's no real way of knowing what the extent of his abilities currently is. For all we know he could just be holding back, now realizing how unnecessary grandiose gestures that provide no monetary benefit are. Also, it always helps to have a trump card to surprise your enemies.

    Regardless, being able to vaporize water is something he always should've been able to do. Ionizing metals, meanwhile, is something he learned to do prior to receiving the amplification. Guns are made of metal, yeah? And bullets?



    When has Mystique ever fought the X-Men in one on one combat? Electro is infinitely more powerful than anyone Mystique has ever fought and beaten in a real fight.

    In any case, he is more powerful than most of the X-Men. Wolverine? Cyclops? Gambit? Beast? Angel?

    robosagogo on
  • Regina FongRegina Fong Allons-y, Alonso Registered User regular
    edited December 2006
    Also: Shorting out all the electricity in the Pentagon would fuck Electro. He'd lose his ability to teleport, and it would be dark, giving Mystique an impossible to beat combination of stealth and night-vision.

    Regina Fong on
  • NinjaSquirrelNinjaSquirrel Registered User regular
    edited December 2006
    I am just going to stick with what I said in the voting thread, and was also how I handled my voting in the previous tournament. If a participant can't do anything particularly PROACTIVE to win and must rely on the enviroment/other contestants to win while they hide, I refuse to vote them through.

    NinjaSquirrel on
  • CorvusCorvus . VancouverRegistered User regular
    edited December 2006
    Is the Marvel Universe Electro bio out of date? (The plot in his bio doesn't seem to be. )

    Because if not..
    When fully charged, however, Electro becomes extremely sensitive to anything that can "short circuit" his abilities, particularly water

    That would mean a cup of coffee could defeat electro.

    Corvus on
    :so_raven:
  • Regina FongRegina Fong Allons-y, Alonso Registered User regular
    edited December 2006
    robosagogo wrote:

    No, they're not fucking gone.
    His powers had seemingly reverted to their pre-amplification level, and he wore a new blue-and-white costume.

    As such, there's no real way of knowing what the extent of his abilities currently is. For all we know he could just be holding back, now realizing how unnecessary grandiose gestures that provide no monetary benefit are.

    Flailing much?

    Electro hasn't displayed any of the intelligence that would lead a sensible person to thing he was holding back his full power, unless you would have us believe that he's been holding back his full intelligence this whole time too, and only acting stupid and losing again and again and again so he could surprise Mystique in a make-believe internet tournament years later.

    Regina Fong on
  • Spectre-xSpectre-x Rating: AWESOME YESRegistered User regular
    edited December 2006
    jeepguy wrote:
    Also: Shorting out all the electricity in the Pentagon would fuck Electro. He'd lose his ability to teleport, and it would be dark, giving Mystique an impossible to beat combination of stealth and night-vision.

    Yeah, except that's not true because the Pentagon is still full of conductive materials which he can travel on.

    And if Electro shorted out the entire Pentagon, he'd do it while killing everybody inside.

    Spectre-x on
  • robosagogorobosagogo Registered User regular
    edited December 2006
    jeepguy wrote:
    robosagogo wrote:

    No, they're not fucking gone.
    His powers had seemingly reverted to their pre-amplification level, and he wore a new blue-and-white costume.

    As such, there's no real way of knowing what the extent of his abilities currently is. For all we know he could just be holding back, now realizing how unnecessary grandiose gestures that provide no monetary benefit are.

    Flailing much?

    Electro hasn't displayed any of the intelligence that would lead a sensible person to thing he was holding back his full power, unless you would have us believe that he's been holding back his full intelligence this whole time too, and only acting stupid and losing again and again and again so he could surprise Mystique in a make-believe internet tournament years later.

    Essentially, what happened was that the next writer didn't know or chose to ignore Electro's new power levels. When a writer chooses to ignore the fact that Superman has X-Ray vision, does that mean he's lost the power? Or can we assume that X-Ray vision can easily return in the next story since no official explanation has been given for its disappearance?

    Anyway, you ignored the next part where I stated that it doesn't matter if he lost his souped up powers or not. His normal power set should be enough, assuming of course that he hasn't FORGOTTEN that he can vaporize water or cause explosions by sparking combustible items stored in metal cases.

    The first part was just a side comment, but I guess I should indicate that sort of thing so people don't limit their reading to whatever they believe they can easily refute.

    robosagogo on
  • Regina FongRegina Fong Allons-y, Alonso Registered User regular
    edited December 2006
    Spectre-x wrote:
    jeepguy wrote:
    Also: Shorting out all the electricity in the Pentagon would fuck Electro. He'd lose his ability to teleport, and it would be dark, giving Mystique an impossible to beat combination of stealth and night-vision.

    Yeah, except that's not true because the Pentagon is still full of conductive materials which he can travel on.

    And if Electro shorted out the entire Pentagon, he'd do it while killing everybody inside.

    Except Mystique, who stepped onto a rubber fatigue mat.

    Regina Fong on
  • Regina FongRegina Fong Allons-y, Alonso Registered User regular
    edited December 2006
    robosagogo wrote:
    jeepguy wrote:
    robosagogo wrote:

    No, they're not fucking gone.
    His powers had seemingly reverted to their pre-amplification level, and he wore a new blue-and-white costume.

    As such, there's no real way of knowing what the extent of his abilities currently is. For all we know he could just be holding back, now realizing how unnecessary grandiose gestures that provide no monetary benefit are.

    Flailing much?

    Electro hasn't displayed any of the intelligence that would lead a sensible person to thing he was holding back his full power, unless you would have us believe that he's been holding back his full intelligence this whole time too, and only acting stupid and losing again and again and again so he could surprise Mystique in a make-believe internet tournament years later.

    Essentially, what happened was that the next writer didn't know or chose to ignore Electro's new power levels. When a writer chooses to ignore the fact that Superman has X-Ray vision, does that mean he's lost the power? Or can we assume that X-Ray vision can easily return in the next story since no official explanation has been given for its disappearance?

    Anyway, you ignored the next part where I stated that it doesn't matter if he lost his souped up powers or not. His normal powerset should be enough, assuming of course that he hasn't FORGOTTEN that he can vaporize water or cause explosions by sparking combustible items stored in metal cases.

    Explosions which he is far more vulnerable to than Mystique, who can simply compress into a nearly two-dimensional shape and become explosion-resistant.

    Regina Fong on
  • NinjaSquirrelNinjaSquirrel Registered User regular
    edited December 2006
    I don't think you know how explosions work. Paper is still affected by explosions.

    NinjaSquirrel on
  • robosagogorobosagogo Registered User regular
    edited December 2006
    jeepguy wrote:
    robosagogo wrote:
    jeepguy wrote:
    robosagogo wrote:

    No, they're not fucking gone.
    His powers had seemingly reverted to their pre-amplification level, and he wore a new blue-and-white costume.

    As such, there's no real way of knowing what the extent of his abilities currently is. For all we know he could just be holding back, now realizing how unnecessary grandiose gestures that provide no monetary benefit are.

    Flailing much?

    Electro hasn't displayed any of the intelligence that would lead a sensible person to thing he was holding back his full power, unless you would have us believe that he's been holding back his full intelligence this whole time too, and only acting stupid and losing again and again and again so he could surprise Mystique in a make-believe internet tournament years later.

    Essentially, what happened was that the next writer didn't know or chose to ignore Electro's new power levels. When a writer chooses to ignore the fact that Superman has X-Ray vision, does that mean he's lost the power? Or can we assume that X-Ray vision can easily return in the next story since no official explanation has been given for its disappearance?

    Anyway, you ignored the next part where I stated that it doesn't matter if he lost his souped up powers or not. His normal powerset should be enough, assuming of course that he hasn't FORGOTTEN that he can vaporize water or cause explosions by sparking combustible items stored in metal cases.

    Explosions which he is far more vulnerable to than Mystique, who can simply compress into a nearly two-dimensional shape and become explosion-resistant.

    He's destroying guns and otherwise removing other people's capacity to harm him. The actual killing involves lighting her up like a Smurf fellating a fire cracker.

    robosagogo on
  • Regina FongRegina Fong Allons-y, Alonso Registered User regular
    edited December 2006
    I don't think you know how explosions work. Paper is still affected by explosions.

    Go ahead and read her wiki entry.

    Regina Fong on
  • NinjaSquirrelNinjaSquirrel Registered User regular
    edited December 2006
    jeepguy wrote:
    robosagogo wrote:
    jeepguy wrote:
    robosagogo wrote:

    No, they're not fucking gone.
    His powers had seemingly reverted to their pre-amplification level, and he wore a new blue-and-white costume.

    As such, there's no real way of knowing what the extent of his abilities currently is. For all we know he could just be holding back, now realizing how unnecessary grandiose gestures that provide no monetary benefit are.

    Flailing much?

    Electro hasn't displayed any of the intelligence that would lead a sensible person to thing he was holding back his full power, unless you would have us believe that he's been holding back his full intelligence this whole time too, and only acting stupid and losing again and again and again so he could surprise Mystique in a make-believe internet tournament years later.

    Essentially, what happened was that the next writer didn't know or chose to ignore Electro's new power levels. When a writer chooses to ignore the fact that Superman has X-Ray vision, does that mean he's lost the power? Or can we assume that X-Ray vision can easily return in the next story since no official explanation has been given for its disappearance?

    Anyway, you ignored the next part where I stated that it doesn't matter if he lost his souped up powers or not. His normal powerset should be enough, assuming of course that he hasn't FORGOTTEN that he can vaporize water or cause explosions by sparking combustible items stored in metal cases.

    Explosions which he is far more vulnerable to than Mystique, who can simply compress into a nearly two-dimensional shape and become explosion-resistant.

    Also, wait, hold on, since when could Mystique do this? Didn't someone say earlier she had to stay the same mass? So if she were going to spread into an essentially 2d object she'd be very wide and tall and would just have MORE surface area to be affected by the explosion.

    NinjaSquirrel on
  • robosagogorobosagogo Registered User regular
    edited December 2006
    jeepguy wrote:
    I don't think you know how explosions work. Paper is still affected by explosions.

    Go ahead and read her wiki entry.
    You misunderstood the entry. She went 2-D so she could glide away from the explosion, not because being flat somehow rendered her impervious.

    robosagogo on
  • Regina FongRegina Fong Allons-y, Alonso Registered User regular
    edited December 2006
    jeepguy wrote:
    robosagogo wrote:
    jeepguy wrote:
    robosagogo wrote:

    No, they're not fucking gone.
    His powers had seemingly reverted to their pre-amplification level, and he wore a new blue-and-white costume.

    As such, there's no real way of knowing what the extent of his abilities currently is. For all we know he could just be holding back, now realizing how unnecessary grandiose gestures that provide no monetary benefit are.

    Flailing much?

    Electro hasn't displayed any of the intelligence that would lead a sensible person to thing he was holding back his full power, unless you would have us believe that he's been holding back his full intelligence this whole time too, and only acting stupid and losing again and again and again so he could surprise Mystique in a make-believe internet tournament years later.

    Essentially, what happened was that the next writer didn't know or chose to ignore Electro's new power levels. When a writer chooses to ignore the fact that Superman has X-Ray vision, does that mean he's lost the power? Or can we assume that X-Ray vision can easily return in the next story since no official explanation has been given for its disappearance?

    Anyway, you ignored the next part where I stated that it doesn't matter if he lost his souped up powers or not. His normal powerset should be enough, assuming of course that he hasn't FORGOTTEN that he can vaporize water or cause explosions by sparking combustible items stored in metal cases.

    Explosions which he is far more vulnerable to than Mystique, who can simply compress into a nearly two-dimensional shape and become explosion-resistant.

    Also, wait, hold on, since when could Mystique do this? Didn't someone say earlier she had to stay the same mass? So if she were going to spread into an essentially 2d object she'd be very wide and tall and would just have MORE surface area to be affected by the explosion.

    Read her damn wiki entry.

    Regina Fong on
  • Regina FongRegina Fong Allons-y, Alonso Registered User regular
    edited December 2006
    robosagogo wrote:
    jeepguy wrote:
    I don't think you know how explosions work. Paper is still affected by explosions.

    Go ahead and read her wiki entry.
    You misunderstood the entry. She went 2-D so she could glide away from the explosion, not because being flat somehow rendered her impervious.

    That may be, but she has broken some of her old shapeshifting restrictions, and Electro can still be killed by an explosion as well.

    Regina Fong on
Sign In or Register to comment.