Club PA 2.0 has arrived! If you'd like to access some extra PA content and help support the forums, check it out at patreon.com/ClubPA
The image size limit has been raised to 1mb! Anything larger than that should be linked to. This is a HARD limit, please do not abuse it.
Our new Indie Games subforum is now open for business in G&T. Go and check it out, you might land a code for a free game. If you're developing an indie game and want to post about it, follow these directions. If you don't, he'll break your legs! Hahaha! Seriously though.
Our rules have been updated and given their own forum. Go and look at them! They are nice, and there may be new ones that you didn't know about! Hooray for rules! Hooray for The System! Hooray for Conforming!

Crazy Girlfriend/Boyfriend Stories

1272830323363

Posts

  • cooljammer00cooljammer00 Hey Small Christmas-Man!Registered User regular
    edited August 2009
    Ah yes, I do recall that story. It's a shame there's a freeze on the S and E Moments thread since the last one started to get boring with people making stuff up.

    But the thing with getting into a cardboard box, that seems like she's regressing to a childhood moment or something. I know I've got Calvin and Hobbes on the mind.

    cooljammer00 on
    steam_sig.png

    3DS Friend Code: 2165-6448-8348 www.Twitch.TV/cooljammer00
    Battle.Net: JohnDarc#1203 Origin/UPlay: CoolJammer00
  • cloudeaglecloudeagle Registered User regular
    edited August 2009
    TeeMan wrote: »
    cloudeagle wrote: »
    When that failed to cause me to explode (believe me, I was pretty stressed out about the pregnancy thing, but I kept it together when I talked to her) she unleashed her piece de resistance: she left a phone message telling me she had a miscarriage when she drove her car into a cow. Of course I checked, and my friend at the police department said that never happened.

    I've seen this act used a fair bit in this thread so far, so it's pretty safe to say that behaving like this is akin to behaving like a crazy woman.

    But this actually happened to my girlfriend when I was about 18. She was driving down south for the weekend to visit her parents, apparently saw a kangaroo cross the road, swerved to miss it and wham! Bent her car right around a tree. She was a little banged up but physically OK, then she had the miscarrage.

    I found that last piece of information a little odd however as,
    A. I didn't know she was pregnant.
    B. I was a virgin.

    Shortly after, I was told by a mutual friend that her ex-boyfriend was the one driving, and they were going down south for some lovin'.


    So not really crazy, just a colossal bitch.

    True, it can happen (and I did double-check), but given the relative lack of cows in the area it would have been vastly easier for her to simply say she had a plain old miscarriage, considering she was lying about its existence to begin with. That's what I thought was crazy.

    Still, yikes. What a way to find out about her cheating.

    cloudeagle on
    Switch: 3947-4890-9293
  • Bullfrogof7272Bullfrogof7272 Registered User
    edited August 2009
    celandine wrote: »
    This is about my mom, so obviously not my girlfriend (eew) but you tell me if you think it's crazy.

    My dad likes to go out and play tennis, picking up games with some neighborhood people at the public tennis courts. When my mom finds out he's been playing tennis with some young women, she loses it. Jealous. She says, "What if I went to the gym? What if I got a male trainer? What if I snuck glances at men in short shorts? How would you like that?" Now, they've been married faithfully for decades. But I think Mom resents Dad spending any time on himself, especially exercise, because she's always cooped up doing housework.

    Am I headed for this mess if I get married one day? I like running and going to the gym. I don't want to quit just because there are men in the weight room! (And honestly, I've never thought that monogamy precludes looking at people of the opposite sex when they walk down the street. I'm in a serious relationship and neither of us have stopped looking. Am I crazy?)

    Depends on the person really. I have recently started working out at a gym near our house, my wife has started going with me, stating "well shit if you're gonna get into shape and be all sexy for me I might as well return the favor." 9 times out of 10 my wife will notice hot girls in public before I do and point them out to me.

    On the flip side of this I have a friend who keeps telling me he wants to work out with me and have me show him some good fat burning muscle building beggining stuff. EVERY time he has managed to get to the gym with me his girlfriend guilt trips him. The one time i suggested she join us, she flipped her shit, claimed I called her fat, told my friend to throw me out of their apartment, and said I'm trying to help him find women at the gym for him to cheat on her with. Confused? I certainly was.

    Bullfrogof7272 on
    the hammer, is my penis.
  • underdonkunderdonk __BANNED USERS regular
    edited August 2009
    The one time i suggested she join us, she flipped her shit, claimed I called her fat,

    Well is she?

    underdonk on
    Back in the day, bucko, we just had an A and a B button... and we liked it.
  • Bullfrogof7272Bullfrogof7272 Registered User
    edited August 2009
    yes. he is too. now. She used to weigh lik 110, and he used to weigh like 130, now they are both pushing twice their original weights.

    In her case she's on some serious medications that have ravaged her body, she was an honest to god Nymphomaniac when they first met. Which was hy they hit it off so well... I guess, she has since sought treatment, but the anti-phsychotics her doctors have her on have destroyed any semblance of a metabolism.
    In his case... I'm not sure, he drinks pretty heavily on a nightly basis as of late apparently, and she does all the cooking, which largley consists of pasta in some way almost every night. On multiple occasions he has stated quite clearly that he does not eat vegetables because they are gross (he's 26). And most every night is spent watching TV.

    So.. yeah they're both pretty big, and he has acknowledged this and wants to do something about it. i think she resents this immensely.

    Bullfrogof7272 on
    the hammer, is my penis.
  • joshofalltradesjoshofalltrades 地獄のようにかわいい あなたは嫉妬深いかRegistered User regular
    edited August 2009
    Maybe it's just me, but I would think that finding out your potential girlfriend/boyfriend is on anti-psychotics would be a deal-breaker right from the start.

    Just knowing that they need to take something to prevent psychotic behavior is kind of a turn-off for me. Maybe that turns other guys' cranks, I guess. Not me.

    joshofalltrades on
    ジェイムズ・ブラウンの好きな色は何ですか?
    青!
  • NamrokNamrok Registered User regular
    edited August 2009
    Yeah, I have rules. Some of the are purely superficial. Others are for a damn good reason. Every time I've broken one, I've regretted it. But sometime "love" makes us stupid. More often it's my penis making me stupid.

    1) No one who weighs more than me. I'm 190 lbs, 6' tall. This shouldn't be a problem.
    2) No living beyond their means.
    3) Can't be on crazy pills.
    4) No long distance.
    5) Can't already have kids. I'm only 25, this shouldn't be a problem.

    Broken 2,3 and 4 and boy was I ever miserable.

    Although me and some friends have been starting to think a lot of women on the crazy pills (bipolar, depression, whatever) are just women who are so fucking spoiled, with such unrealistic expectations of what life should be giving them for the minimal effort they are putting into it that can't cope with reality.

    Namrok on
  • syndalissyndalis Getting Classy On the WallRegistered User, Loves Apple Products regular
    edited August 2009
    Namrok wrote: »
    3) Can't be on crazy pills.

    http://www.usatoday.com/news/health/2009-08-03-antidepressants_N.htm

    10% of the American population is on antidepressants as of 2005. Chances are more are on them right now, because shit was actually good in 2005 compared to now.

    We are really overmedicating, which has a corollary effect of reducing your dating pool...

    syndalis on
    SW-4158-3990-6116
    Let's play Mario Kart or something...
  • joshofalltradesjoshofalltrades 地獄のようにかわいい あなたは嫉妬深いかRegistered User regular
    edited August 2009
    syndalis wrote: »
    Namrok wrote: »
    3) Can't be on crazy pills.

    http://www.usatoday.com/news/health/2009-08-03-antidepressants_N.htm

    10% of the American population is on antidepressants as of 2005. Chances are more are on them right now, because shit was actually good in 2005 compared to now.

    We are really overmedicating, which has a corollary effect of reducing your dating pool...

    I think he was referring to the anti-psychotic medications I had mentioned in the prior post. Manic depression does not necessarily give a high chance of crazy, but many of the conditions that anti-psychotics treat are by definition crazy.

    joshofalltrades on
    ジェイムズ・ブラウンの好きな色は何ですか?
    青!
  • Bullfrogof7272Bullfrogof7272 Registered User
    edited August 2009
    Maybe it's just me, but I would think that finding out your potential girlfriend/boyfriend is on anti-psychotics would be a deal-breaker right from the start.

    Just knowing that they need to take something to prevent psychotic behavior is kind of a turn-off for me. Maybe that turns other guys' cranks, I guess. Not me.

    Well... she was a nymphomaniac when they met, and she was fairly cute... he was virgin. We all warned him, this woman is clearly insane. She got treatment and is a tolerable person to be around... mostly. She definitely destroyed a good friendship he had with another friend of ours by trying to sleep with him and then claiming he tried to rape her when the friend went to him and told him what happened. He believed her over him, they haven't spoken in 3 years. I'm losing my train of thought, she wasn't on crazy pills to begin with, she was just crazy... and horny in a way a normal functioning brain cannot comprehend. Now she is on crazy pills, has doubled her own body weight, and is still kinda crazy...

    Bullfrogof7272 on
    the hammer, is my penis.
  • joshofalltradesjoshofalltrades 地獄のようにかわいい あなたは嫉妬深いかRegistered User regular
    edited August 2009
    Yeah, my post comes from the brain. Nobody who uses their brain would date such a girl. The man downstairs does all of that thinking.

    joshofalltrades on
    ジェイムズ・ブラウンの好きな色は何ですか?
    青!
  • cooljammer00cooljammer00 Hey Small Christmas-Man!Registered User regular
    edited August 2009
    But when he wins we both win.

    cooljammer00 on
    steam_sig.png

    3DS Friend Code: 2165-6448-8348 www.Twitch.TV/cooljammer00
    Battle.Net: JohnDarc#1203 Origin/UPlay: CoolJammer00
  • Bullfrogof7272Bullfrogof7272 Registered User
    edited August 2009
    not... really.

    Bullfrogof7272 on
    the hammer, is my penis.
  • joshofalltradesjoshofalltrades 地獄のようにかわいい あなたは嫉妬深いかRegistered User regular
    edited August 2009
    But when he wins we both win.

    Until after the fact (and I'm not speaking from experience here) when he goes to sleep and your brain is still awake thinking, "What the fuck did you just do?!"

    joshofalltrades on
    ジェイムズ・ブラウンの好きな色は何ですか?
    青!
  • NamrokNamrok Registered User regular
    edited August 2009
    syndalis wrote: »
    Namrok wrote: »
    3) Can't be on crazy pills.

    http://www.usatoday.com/news/health/2009-08-03-antidepressants_N.htm

    10% of the American population is on antidepressants as of 2005. Chances are more are on them right now, because shit was actually good in 2005 compared to now.

    We are really overmedicating, which has a corollary effect of reducing your dating pool...

    I think he was referring to the anti-psychotic medications I had mentioned in the prior post. Manic depression does not necessarily give a high chance of crazy, but many of the conditions that anti-psychotics treat are by definition crazy.

    I actually was including depression, bipolar or whatever in there. The last girl I dated had depression and/or post traumatic stress. She doctor shopped a lot. That aside, she was mostly just a hateful, spoiled, bitter woman.

    Namrok on
  • ForarForar #432 Toronto, Ontario, CanadaRegistered User regular
    edited August 2009
    But when he wins we both win.

    Until after the fact (and I'm not speaking from experience here) when he goes to sleep and your brain is still awake thinking, "What the fuck did you just do?!"

    "Look, I'm sure we'll work something out, but mistakes were made. G'night."

    Forar on
    First they came for the Muslims, and we said NOT TODAY, MOTHERFUCKER!
  • cloudeaglecloudeagle Registered User regular
    edited August 2009
    Namrok wrote: »
    syndalis wrote: »
    Namrok wrote: »
    3) Can't be on crazy pills.

    http://www.usatoday.com/news/health/2009-08-03-antidepressants_N.htm

    10% of the American population is on antidepressants as of 2005. Chances are more are on them right now, because shit was actually good in 2005 compared to now.

    We are really overmedicating, which has a corollary effect of reducing your dating pool...

    I think he was referring to the anti-psychotic medications I had mentioned in the prior post. Manic depression does not necessarily give a high chance of crazy, but many of the conditions that anti-psychotics treat are by definition crazy.

    I actually was including depression, bipolar or whatever in there. The last girl I dated had depression and/or post traumatic stress. She doctor shopped a lot. That aside, she was mostly just a hateful, spoiled, bitter woman.

    I would be aware of pills your target of woo is taking, but I wouldn't call it a deal-breaker. I'm about to marry my fiancee, and when we first dated she was on antidepressants. (She's off them now that her life is a lot happier, and she's had zero problems with depression since then.)

    cloudeagle on
    Switch: 3947-4890-9293
  • cooljammer00cooljammer00 Hey Small Christmas-Man!Registered User regular
    edited August 2009
    Forar wrote: »
    But when he wins we both win.

    Until after the fact (and I'm not speaking from experience here) when he goes to sleep and your brain is still awake thinking, "What the fuck did you just do?!"

    "Look, I'm sure we'll work something out, but mistakes were made. G'night."

    "I thought that's what you wanted! I care about you and was just trying to make you happy."
    "Well, the road to hell is paved with good intentions!"

    cooljammer00 on
    steam_sig.png

    3DS Friend Code: 2165-6448-8348 www.Twitch.TV/cooljammer00
    Battle.Net: JohnDarc#1203 Origin/UPlay: CoolJammer00
  • Gabriel_PittGabriel_Pitt (effective against the Irish) Registered User regular
    edited August 2009
    And syphilis.

    Gabriel_Pitt on
  • joshofalltradesjoshofalltrades 地獄のようにかわいい あなたは嫉妬深いかRegistered User regular
    edited August 2009
    cloudeagle wrote: »
    I would be aware of pills your target of woo is taking, but I wouldn't call it a deal-breaker. I'm about to marry my fiancee, and when we first dated she was on antidepressants. (She's off them now that her life is a lot happier, and she's had zero problems with depression since then.)

    It's not a 100% deal-breaker at all, but one thing that Maslow got right is that you should have a clean bill of mental health before you seek out a relationship. People who are clinically chronically depressed and undergoing a working treatment shouldn't be excluded from relationships, as long as they are mentally fine otherwise. Generally speaking, somebody who has psychotic tendencies should not be in a relationship. I would go as far as to say somebody who is in a bad mental state (temporary or otherwise) from something in their life should not be actively starting a new intimate relationship. If you're already in that relationship, nothing to do but be supportive.

    joshofalltrades on
    ジェイムズ・ブラウンの好きな色は何ですか?
    青!
  • NostregarNostregar Registered User regular
    edited August 2009
    As someone who has a psychological disorder (severe bipolar), I find your opinion to be pretty absurd and unfounded. I'm on mood stabilizers and was on anti-psychotics for a long time, but the thing is they work. I'm totally normal now. You'd never even know, and in fact most of my friends were surprised when they eventually found out. I'm in a relationship of 2ish years, no problems, and am a regular guy now because I'm on these medications. I have to take them for the rest of my life so it isn't a "temporary" treatment.

    What I'm saying here is, refusing to date somebody simply because they take medication to control a disorder is stupid. I understand what was said about it being ok to date them if the medication is indeed controlling the disorder, but I still object to the fact that the presence of medication is being brought into it at all. Refuse to date somebody who is crazy and untreated or their treatment doesn't work - fine. That's what the issue really is, not the medication. I'm sure they would prefer not to be taking the "crazy pills" too.

    Nostregar on
    Nostregar wrote: »
    I think that an entire religious debate done in haiku would be genuinely enjoyable.
    You say there is God
    I see only the fleshmeat
    Prove your space daddy
  • CommunistCowCommunistCow Registered User regular
    edited August 2009
    Nostregar wrote: »
    As someone who has a psychological disorder (severe bipolar), I find your opinion to be pretty absurd and unfounded. I'm on mood stabilizers and was on anti-psychotics for a long time, but the thing is they work. I'm totally normal now. You'd never even know, and in fact most of my friends were surprised when they eventually found out. I'm in a relationship of 2ish years, no problems, and am a regular guy now because I'm on these medications. I have to take them for the rest of my life so it isn't a "temporary" treatment.

    What I'm saying here is, refusing to date somebody simply because they take medication to control a disorder is stupid. I understand what was said about it being ok to date them if the medication is indeed controlling the disorder, but I still object to the fact that the presence of medication is being brought into it at all. Refuse to date somebody who is crazy and untreated or their treatment doesn't work - fine. That's what the issue really is, not the medication. I'm sure they would prefer not to be taking the "crazy pills" too.

    This.

    CommunistCow on
    No, I am not really communist. Yes, it is weird that I use this name.
  • joshofalltradesjoshofalltrades 地獄のようにかわいい あなたは嫉妬深いかRegistered User regular
    edited August 2009
    I didn't mention medications in my post at all, except to say that if treatment was working then getting into a relationship is totally cool.

    I don't hate bipolar people or manic depressives. I just think that they should be getting the help they need prior to starting a relationship. If that's offensive, I'm sorry, but it's my opinion.

    joshofalltrades on
    ジェイムズ・ブラウンの好きな色は何ですか?
    青!
  • NamrokNamrok Registered User regular
    edited August 2009
    Nostregar wrote: »
    As someone who has a psychological disorder (severe bipolar), I find your opinion to be pretty absurd and unfounded. I'm on mood stabilizers and was on anti-psychotics for a long time, but the thing is they work. I'm totally normal now. You'd never even know, and in fact most of my friends were surprised when they eventually found out. I'm in a relationship of 2ish years, no problems, and am a regular guy now because I'm on these medications. I have to take them for the rest of my life so it isn't a "temporary" treatment.

    What I'm saying here is, refusing to date somebody simply because they take medication to control a disorder is stupid. I understand what was said about it being ok to date them if the medication is indeed controlling the disorder, but I still object to the fact that the presence of medication is being brought into it at all. Refuse to date somebody who is crazy and untreated or their treatment doesn't work - fine. That's what the issue really is, not the medication. I'm sure they would prefer not to be taking the "crazy pills" too.

    This is all well and good, and I'm sorry if I offended you, but the problem with a lot (defined as too many for me to feel comfortable dating) people on these meds is they feel better, and they stop taking them. Then comes the shitstorm. I'm not saying these people should never be dated by anybody. It's just gonna take someone braver than me. I've taken those lumps, I'm done.

    Namrok on
  • ForxForx Registered User
    edited August 2009
    kedinik wrote: »
    Aeyther wrote: »
    Forx wrote: »
    I get cancer. She keeps getting angry at me. I beat cancer (last boss is hard etc). During and after it, I cannot talk to anyone about what I've been through, she wont even let me mention it and the sight of my scars makes her go into a rage.

    Dude, you got to punch cancer in the face and she wouldn't let you tell anyone about it?

    I know a few people who feel violently ill when they hear cancer mentioned because it was so traumatic to see a loved one go through it. In that context, "Don't mention it around me" is not so unreasonable.

    Did she try to prohibit you mentioning it when she wasn't around?

    It's not like she could have stopped me while she wasn't around, but she was pretty much always around and I'd convinced myself by that point that I didn't want to talk about it. It was such a relief after I left her, let it all out in about a month or so and now I'm fine talking about it to anyone really. Plus I can show off my bitchin' scars. Chicks dig scars.

    Forx on
  • PotatoNinjaPotatoNinja Fake Gamer Goat Registered User regular
    edited August 2009
    Namrok wrote: »
    Nostregar wrote: »
    As someone who has a psychological disorder (severe bipolar), I find your opinion to be pretty absurd and unfounded. I'm on mood stabilizers and was on anti-psychotics for a long time, but the thing is they work. I'm totally normal now. You'd never even know, and in fact most of my friends were surprised when they eventually found out. I'm in a relationship of 2ish years, no problems, and am a regular guy now because I'm on these medications. I have to take them for the rest of my life so it isn't a "temporary" treatment.

    What I'm saying here is, refusing to date somebody simply because they take medication to control a disorder is stupid. I understand what was said about it being ok to date them if the medication is indeed controlling the disorder, but I still object to the fact that the presence of medication is being brought into it at all. Refuse to date somebody who is crazy and untreated or their treatment doesn't work - fine. That's what the issue really is, not the medication. I'm sure they would prefer not to be taking the "crazy pills" too.

    This is all well and good, and I'm sorry if I offended you, but the problem with a lot (defined as too many for me to feel comfortable dating) people on these meds is they feel better, and they stop taking them. Then comes the shitstorm. I'm not saying these people should never be dated by anybody. It's just gonna take someone braver than me. I've taken those lumps, I'm done.

    Refusing to date someone taking some kind of mood stabilizers is about on-par with refusing to date someone who is diabetic. I'm not saying you're immoral, simply foolish.

    I suspect the general sentiment of avoiding people on "crazy pills" is mostly just a linguistic phrase used to indicate that dating people with issues is unpleasant. You seem to be operating under some peculiar misconceptions as to what these medications are for and how they work.

    There are crazy, drama-llama boys and girls who will never take anything stronger than an aspirin, and there are very down-to-earth individuals who survive on a virtual chemical cocktail to keep their brains in check. An individual's capacity for relationship bullshit and their prescription count aren't directly correlated.

    PotatoNinja on
    Two goats enter, one car leaves
  • celandinecelandine Registered User regular
    edited August 2009
    Namrok wrote: »

    There are crazy, drama-llama boys and girls who will never take anything stronger than an aspirin, and there are very down-to-earth individuals who survive on a virtual chemical cocktail to keep their brains in check. An individual's capacity for relationship bullshit and their prescription count aren't directly correlated.

    This.
    I have a friend on anti-anxiety stuff. He is very sane and practical. It's just that he needs medication to stay that way.

    celandine on
    I write about math here:
    http://numberblog.wordpress.com/
  • ThomamelasThomamelas Only one man can kill this many Russians. Bring his guitar to me! Registered User regular
    edited August 2009
    I dated a girl who was bi-polar. She was religious about taking her meds and I have no stories of her for this thread. I don't really see what the deal breaker is about it. If someone was bi-polar and not taking their meds, sure I could see that. But someone being treated and is working with the treatment isn't a danger.

    Thomamelas on
  • PotatoNinjaPotatoNinja Fake Gamer Goat Registered User regular
    edited August 2009
    Thomamelas wrote: »
    I dated a girl who was bi-polar. She was religious about taking her meds and I have no stories of her for this thread. I don't really see what the deal breaker is about it. If someone was bi-polar and not taking their meds, sure I could see that. But someone being treated and is working with the treatment isn't a danger.

    Because there is a significant stigma against any individual on psychological or mood-affecting medication and due to a lack of medical and scientific knowledge many individuals are unable to differentiate between "on medication for a chemical imbalance" and "emotionally incapable of being in a stable relationship."

    PotatoNinja on
    Two goats enter, one car leaves
  • FeralFeral MEMETICHARIZARD along with you if I get drunk well I know I'm gonna be gonna be the man whoRegistered User regular
    edited August 2009
    This discussion overflowed into the chat thread a little, and I decided my post in there would be better suited for here:
    Feral wrote: »
    In all seriousness, when I meet somebody (in a dating context) I do want to know what their medical issues are (including psychatric) and I want to know what they're taking and why they're taking it.

    Certain combinations of drugs are deal-breakers to me. I briefly dated a girl who took barbiturates, because her anxiety was intractable to anything less powerful. Barbiturates are highly controlled and highly habit-forming, and have significant overdose potential. That alone wasn't a deal-breaker, but it gave me serious pause, and ended up one of many hashes on the scorecard that led me to give up on her.

    I had an ex with chronic pain. If she were to pay cash for her pain medication, it would cost nearly $2000 per month. She was also extremely forgetful; she'd lose her iPod, her wallet, her ID and sometimes her prescription bottles on the train or at the movies or whatever. When you've lost a bottle containing $500 of medication, which cannot be refilled until three weeks later, and you need that medication to be a functional human being... well, that's a pretty big fucking problem, and was one of the biggest reasons we broke up (because the gaps between when she'd run out of medication and when she'd get a refill were about as fun as teabagging a kiddie pool full of broken glass.)

    But you know what? Those are specific concerns related to what I would like to think is a relatively educated understanding of the drugs and issues at hand. Contrast that to the stigma that people who take psychiatric medication face, even people who take drugs that are affordable, mainstream, not habit-forming, and not tightly controlled. My Effexor doesn't cost an arm and a leg, and if I can't get it one month, I'm not going to turn into a raging psycho. I've been judged before because I've taken antidepressants. And while I haven't been rejected outright, I know people who have. And that sucks, because there's no good rational reason for it.

    That's a prejudice. It is superficial and a little dehumanizing. If people want to be prejudiced, even when dating, they may have that right, but I'm not going to condone it.

    Feral on
    every person who doesn't like an acquired taste always seems to think everyone who likes it is faking it. it should be an official fallacy.
    the "no true scotch man" fallacy.
  • jeddy leejeddy lee Registered User regular
    edited August 2009
    My girlfriend in highschool suspected me of cheating on her (which I didn't) with my current wife (who I didn't date until years later) and after one particular accusation (due to me having choir practice with a small group consisting of me, future wife, future wife's sister and our teacher) she hopped in her car, sped down my street about 30 miles over the speed limit, crashed her car into the mailbox's knocking them over at the end of the street, got out of her car, looked at them, looked at me at my front porch, yelled out "fuck you!" hopped in and drove away.

    jeddy lee on
    Backlog Challenge: 0%
    0/8

    PS2
    FF X replay

    PS3
    God of War 1&2 HD
    Rachet and Clank Future
    MGS 4
    Prince of Persia

    360
    Bayonetta
    Fable 3

    DS
    FF: 4 heroes of light
  • Teslan26Teslan26 Registered User regular
    edited August 2009
    Thomamelas wrote: »
    I dated a girl who was bi-polar. She was religious about taking her meds and I have no stories of her for this thread. I don't really see what the deal breaker is about it. If someone was bi-polar and not taking their meds, sure I could see that. But someone being treated and is working with the treatment isn't a danger.

    I fooled around with a girl who was alledgedly mildly Bi-Polar and definitely Bi-sexual.

    After a month or so of very secret meetings and so on, she spiralled down a bit in terms of mood. The reason? She was feeling guilty about the fact that along with me, she was also being rather 'friendly' with 2 other girls.
    We're still pretty good friends

    Teslan26 on
    Snowbeat wrote: »
    get out of here, numbername
  • Jebus314Jebus314 Registered User regular
    edited August 2009
    First off, man I love this thread. Endless hours of entertainment.

    Anyways I have a somewhat mild crazy story. Actually, to be more specific, I have a story in which I think the g/f (my friends not mine) was acting crazy, but maybe I'm just a huge dick and deserved it. I'm sure someone will let me know.

    On to the story.

    A few years back, I was at a college party with some of my friends and a few SO's. I would say I knew about half the people at the party. Anyways, one of my pretty good friends was there with his g/f. For reasons that you will soon become apparent, let me describe myself and the g/f. I am about 5'11 200ish, pretty average looking guy. Let me be clear, the 200 lbs is not muscle. I wouldn't say I am obese, but I could certainly stand to lose 30 lbs or so. The g/f is probably 5'5 or so and maybe 100 lbs. She is very skinny, and to be honest pretty hot. Also, we aren't necessarily good friends, but we ran in the same circles for a few years so we knew each other reasonably well.

    Back at the party, we are all hanging out and getting somewhat drunk. I'm somewhat buzzed and she appears to be about the same. She comes and asks one of my friends, who had just arrived with some pizza, if she could have a slice. To which i replied 'you could have one, but should you'. Obviously this was kind of a dick thing to say. In my defense though I really didn't think a super skinny hot girl, who I was somewhat friends with, would take offense to a fat joke from an obviously overweight average looking guy.

    Her immediate response is to just kind of look at me weird and then walk away with her pizza. Her next response, about 5 minutes later, is to walk over and begin frantically slapping me, in conjunction with a good 5 minute rant about how one should never say such things to a woman. I am of course apologizing profusely at this point. This is followed by her walking away and being silent for another 5 minutes or so. At which points she loudly exclaims that she needs a drink. So she goes and gets a beer, and as you may have guessed, proceeds to poor it all over me. Then launches into more ranting, followed be her throwing the beer bottle at me, and everything else she can get a hold of. This ends when my friend drags her out of the room still yelling and trying to through things at me. At this point everyone is pretty much looking at each other with the WTF looks on their faces. A few people give me the 'hey man I don't know what just happened there but sorry about that'. I peace out, to avoid any further confrontation. I didn't really hang out with them much after that, but a few months later my friend got a different g/f and we went back to normal.

    Jebus314 on
    "The world is a mess, and I just need to rule it" - Dr Horrible
  • DuffelDuffel jacobkosh Registered User regular
    edited August 2009
    Jebus314 wrote: »
    First off, man I love this thread. Endless hours of entertainment.

    Anyways I have a somewhat mild crazy story. Actually, to be more specific, I have a story in which I think the g/f (my friends not mine) was acting crazy, but maybe I'm just a huge dick and deserved it. I'm sure someone will let me know.

    On to the story.

    A few years back, I was at a college party with some of my friends and a few SO's. I would say I knew about half the people at the party. Anyways, one of my pretty good friends was there with his g/f. For reasons that you will soon become apparent, let me describe myself and the g/f. I am about 5'11 200ish, pretty average looking guy. Let me be clear, the 200 lbs is not muscle. I wouldn't say I am obese, but I could certainly stand to lose 30 lbs or so. The g/f is probably 5'5 or so and maybe 100 lbs. She is very skinny, and to be honest pretty hot. Also, we aren't necessarily good friends, but we ran in the same circles for a few years so we knew each other reasonably well.

    Back at the party, we are all hanging out and getting somewhat drunk. I'm somewhat buzzed and she appears to be about the same. She comes and asks one of my friends, who had just arrived with some pizza, if she could have a slice. To which i replied 'you could have one, but should you'. Obviously this was kind of a dick thing to say. In my defense though I really didn't think a super skinny hot girl, who I was somewhat friends with, would take offense to a fat joke from an obviously overweight average looking guy.

    Her immediate response is to just kind of look at me weird and then walk away with her pizza. Her next response, about 5 minutes later, is to walk over and begin frantically slapping me, in conjunction with a good 5 minute rant about how one should never say such things to a woman. I am of course apologizing profusely at this point. This is followed by her walking away and being silent for another 5 minutes or so. At which points she loudly exclaims that she needs a drink. So she goes and gets a beer, and as you may have guessed, proceeds to poor it all over me. Then launches into more ranting, followed be her throwing the beer bottle at me, and everything else she can get a hold of. This ends when my friend drags her out of the room still yelling and trying to through things at me. At this point everyone is pretty much looking at each other with the WTF looks on their faces. A few people give me the 'hey man I don't know what just happened there but sorry about that'. I peace out, to avoid any further confrontation. I didn't really hang out with them much after that, but a few months later my friend got a different g/f and we went back to normal.
    Unfortunately, attractive people can be just as, if not more, insecure about their appearance than the average-looking. Sounds like you struck a nerve.

    That was a bit overreacting on her part, though.

    EDIT: Actually if she was college-aged and still weighed ~100 lbs she very likely had an eating disorder.

    Duffel on
  • CokebotleCokebotle 穴掘りの Registered User regular
    edited August 2009
    So, does having a girlfriend who is annoyed by the act of squatting so much so that she will run down an aisle and slide tackle you so you will no longer be squatting count? Like, "squat down to look at something on the bottom shelf" sort of thing.

    Cokebotle on
    工事中
  • NostregarNostregar Registered User regular
    edited August 2009
    Cokebotle wrote: »
    So, does having a girlfriend who is annoyed by the act of squatting so much so that she will run down an aisle and slide tackle you so you will no longer be squatting count? Like, "squat down to look at something on the bottom shelf" sort of thing.

    Nope, totally normal.

    Nostregar on
    Nostregar wrote: »
    I think that an entire religious debate done in haiku would be genuinely enjoyable.
    You say there is God
    I see only the fleshmeat
    Prove your space daddy
  • King RiptorKing Riptor Registered User regular
    edited August 2009
    Cokebotle wrote: »
    So, does having a girlfriend who is annoyed by the act of squatting so much so that she will run down an aisle and slide tackle you so you will no longer be squatting count? Like, "squat down to look at something on the bottom shelf" sort of thing.

    I assume she's Japanese( as in nationality) and you're not?

    I would guess that's because of the old fashioned toilets they have. Which I guess would be considered embarrassing mimic.'

    King Riptor on
    I have a podcast now. It's about video games and anime!Find it here.
  • CokebotleCokebotle 穴掘りの Registered User regular
    edited August 2009
    Cokebotle wrote: »
    So, does having a girlfriend who is annoyed by the act of squatting so much so that she will run down an aisle and slide tackle you so you will no longer be squatting count? Like, "squat down to look at something on the bottom shelf" sort of thing.

    I assume she's Japanese( as in nationality) and you're not?

    I would guess that's because of the old fashioned toilets they have. Which I guess would be considered embarrassing mimic.'

    Good guess, but no. She's Taiwanese, and grew up in Australia from when she was a baby.

    Cokebotle on
    工事中
  • King RiptorKing Riptor Registered User regular
    edited August 2009
    Cokebotle wrote: »
    Cokebotle wrote: »
    So, does having a girlfriend who is annoyed by the act of squatting so much so that she will run down an aisle and slide tackle you so you will no longer be squatting count? Like, "squat down to look at something on the bottom shelf" sort of thing.

    I assume she's Japanese( as in nationality) and you're not?

    I would guess that's because of the old fashioned toilets they have. Which I guess would be considered embarrassing mimic.'

    Good guess, but no. She's Taiwanese, and grew up in Australia from when she was a baby.

    Well Aussies don't squat in general what with all the snakes and spiders that had evolved to kill Steve Irwin

    King Riptor on
    I have a podcast now. It's about video games and anime!Find it here.
  • CokebotleCokebotle 穴掘りの Registered User regular
    edited August 2009
    Cokebotle wrote: »
    Cokebotle wrote: »
    So, does having a girlfriend who is annoyed by the act of squatting so much so that she will run down an aisle and slide tackle you so you will no longer be squatting count? Like, "squat down to look at something on the bottom shelf" sort of thing.

    I assume she's Japanese( as in nationality) and you're not?

    I would guess that's because of the old fashioned toilets they have. Which I guess would be considered embarrassing mimic.'

    Good guess, but no. She's Taiwanese, and grew up in Australia from when she was a baby.

    Well Aussies don't squat in general what with all the snakes and spiders that had evolved to kill Steve Irwin

    Australia is the only country that scares me to visit. I wanna go someday, but seriously. What the fuck?!

    Cokebotle on
    工事中
This discussion has been closed.