Options

I posted in the AC and all I got was this stupid [CHAT]

• Options
    FlayFlay Registered User regular
    edited August 2009
    lyrium wrote: »
    Oh, you...you mean like, how whenever zombies (or robots, or pirates, or ninjas, or monkeys) are mentioned, a frenzy ensues, because everybody seems to find these same tired topics innately "cool"? Yeah, I've been tired of that for years. :P

Yeah that. It's not that I find the topics themselves tiresome, just what you've described.

Ditto. I'm actually fascinated by the social aspect of a potential worldwide zombie outbreak; the different government and individual responses and the like. Its interesting to think that a force that is essentially humans without weapons, and without any form of tactics may still be capable of eradicating the human race.

There may or may not be a political statement here.

Flay on
  • Options
    LoomdunLoomdun Registered User regular
    edited August 2009
    MaximasXXZ wrote: »
    Loomdun wrote: »
    i like stuff

Why do you lie to us all?

i just dont know what i like

Loomdun on
    splat
  • Options
    MagicToasterMagicToaster JapanRegistered User regular
    edited August 2009
    i like stuff

Why do you lie to us all?

i just dont know what i like

But you said you liked me! *sobs*

Edit:
    Srsizzy is back. I took what he said before he stormed out seriously and I was expecting him not to come back, now I really don't know how to feel about anything he says.

MagicToaster on
  • Options
    NightDragonNightDragon 6th Grade Username Registered User regular
    edited August 2009
    Man, speaking of pirates (and why they're cooler than the "green parrot on shoulder, peg-leg, tricorn, eye patch, fancy-clothe'd pirate" version)...read this: http://www.smithsonianmag.com/history-archaeology/biography/pirates.html

History is pretty cool, yo.

NightDragon on
  • Options
    MetalbourneMetalbourne Inside a cluster b personalityRegistered User regular
    edited August 2009
    Edit:
    Srsizzy is back. I took what he said before he stormed out seriously and I was expecting him not to come back, now I really don't know how to feel about anything he says.

He seems like the kind of person that would give us false hope.

Metalbourne on
  • Options
    edited August 2009
    Welcome back Srsizzy!

MagicToaster on
  • Options
    LoomdunLoomdun Registered User regular
    edited August 2009

But you said you liked me! *sobs*

WELL I MEAN I LIKE FORUMERS

Loomdun on
    splat
  • Options
    ProspicienceProspicience The Raven King DenvemoloradoRegistered User regular
    edited August 2009
    You shut your whorish mouth! :evil:

I liked zombies before it was cool. I've also seen one in real life when I was 14.

Okay, how come no one commented on this. I think it deserves an explanation Max. So please... explain.

Prospicience on
  • Options
    MaximasXXZMaximasXXZ Registered User regular
    edited August 2009

I liked zombies before it was cool. I've also seen one in real life when I was 14.

Okay, how come no one commented on this. I think it deserves an explanation Max. So please... explain.

I was 14, I had a paper route in a small town. It was like 3 in the morning and I was delivering papers on my bike. While I was in the middle of my route, I saw a man in the middle of the road at the end of the block. He was backlit by the street lights, he was walking in a way that can only be described as "shambling". At first I ignored it and continued on my route, but as I kept doing my rounds, every time I turned a corner I saw him walking toward me--arms reaching out in what I can only assume was his undying hunger for human flesh.

It wasn't long until I was so freaked out I biked home and locked all the doors, abandoning some undelivered houses.

And there you have it, my real life zombie encounter.

MaximasXXZ on
    zombiegirl8ki.gif
    TL_Sigblock.jpg
    PSN: MaximasXXZ XBOX Live: SneakyMcSnipe
  • Options
    MindsackMindsack Registered User regular
    edited August 2009
    I hope he wasn't just some critically injured person seeking help

Mindsack on
    (''''\('-_-')/'''') rawr http://gabrielmolina.tumblr.com
  • Options
    MaximasXXZMaximasXXZ Registered User regular
    edited August 2009
    Mindsack wrote: »
    I hope he wasn't just some critically injured person seeking help

That's the oldest trick in the book.

MaximasXXZ on
    zombiegirl8ki.gif
    TL_Sigblock.jpg
    PSN: MaximasXXZ XBOX Live: SneakyMcSnipe
  • Options
    MustangMustang Arbiter of Unpopular Opinions Registered User regular
    edited August 2009
    He could've been some bum who wanted booze, and maybe a cuddle.

Mustang on
  • Options
    Spectre-xSpectre-x Rating: AWESOME YESRegistered User regular
    edited August 2009

I was 14, I had a paper route in a small town. It was like 3 in the morning and I was delivering papers on my bike. While I was in the middle of my route, I saw a man in the middle of the road at the end of the block. He was backlit by the street lights, he was walking in a way that can only be described as "shambling". At first I ignored it and continued on my route, but as I kept doing my rounds, every time I turned a corner I saw him walking toward me--arms reaching out in what I can only assume was his undying hunger for human flesh.

It wasn't long until I was so freaked out I biked home and locked all the doors, abandoning some undelivered houses.

Wasn't a real zombie. Zombies are physically impossible, as being dead means that several chemicals that are absolutely necessary for any kind of muscle activity aren't being produced, meaning that they couldn't move eve if hey were real.

You're just a crazy person, is all, which is much more interesting than living in a world that has zombies.

Spectre-x on
  • Options
    VistiVisti Registered User regular
    edited August 2009
    Spectre-x wrote: »

Wasn't a real zombie. Zombies are physically impossible, as being dead means that several chemicals that are absolutely necessary for any kind of muscle activity aren't being produced, meaning that they couldn't move eve if hey were real.

You're just a crazy person, is all, which is much more interesting than living in a world that has zombies.

Depends on what your definition of zombie is.

Visti on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    CharisCharis Registered User regular
    edited August 2009
    Don't be a kill-joy, Spectre. You're just jealous you're not dead.

In terms of zombie movies, 28 Days Later was the pinnacle of it for me. So much was focused on the human aspect. They were reacting to people's reactions and then living with the zombies, not vice versa. Spec-effing-tacular.

That being said, 28 Weeks Later was utter shit I wouldn't force my brain-dead bulldog to watch.

Charis on
  • Options
    Spectre-xSpectre-x Rating: AWESOME YESRegistered User regular
    edited August 2009
    Visti wrote: »
    Spectre-x wrote: »

Depends on what your definition of zombie is.

Depends on the definition of your face is more like it.

Spectre-x on
  • Options
    VistiVisti Registered User regular
    edited August 2009
    Ouch.

I am shamed.

edit: but really, I was thinking this.

Visti on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    edited August 2009
    I used to visit my grandmother in a retirement home before she died, and apart from the flesh eating, I would consider a lot of those people as close to real life zombies as you could get. There were open wounds, milky eyeballs, moaning, shuffling and excretions........I would describe the whole experience as profoundly disturbing. Suffice to say I'm shooting myself before I end up in one of those places.

Mustang on
  • Options
    MindsackMindsack Registered User regular
    edited August 2009
    Agreed.

Mindsack on
    (''''\('-_-')/'''') rawr http://gabrielmolina.tumblr.com
  • Options
    TamTam Registered User regular
    edited August 2009
    Double agreed.

I'll damn well do with myself what I please. I have no need to experience the ravages and deterioration of old age or terminal illness, should that process start on me. Fortunately, that won't be for a long time, if my dad is any indicator.

Tam on
  • Options
    GrifterGrifter BermudaModerator mod
    edited August 2009
    Grifter wrote: »
    What's going on around here? It was my birthday on Monday. Also, went to see District 9 last night. It was pretty rad.

Happy birthday and nothing. Maek Moar Poast.

Apparently, there's a hurricane heading this way. If it hits I'll try to get some pictures and stuff when it looks safe enough to go outside.

Grifter on
  • Options
    edited August 2009
    Oh happy birthday for monday Grif, I'm going to see D9 on Saturday, I'm just going to say it was shit to start an argument.

Mustang on
  • Options
    rtsrts Registered User regular
    edited August 2009
    I am on ventrilo.

rts on
  • Options
    edited August 2009
    What's going on around here? It was my birthday on Monday. Also, went to see District 9 last night. It was pretty rad.

Apparently, there's a hurricane heading this way. If it hits I'll try to get some pictures and stuff when it looks safe enough to go outside.

It went right by PR and is headed your way, it brought torrential amounts of rain this week. I hear its pretty strong now, so watch yourself Grif.

MagicToaster on
  • Options
    D-RobeD-Robe Registered User regular
    edited August 2009
    I once had the opportunity to meet a real-life pirate, but I don't speak to Somalis.

D-Robe on
    Cheese.
  • Options
    PiousPious Registered User regular
    edited August 2009
    Have you ever just wanted to shit on some 10 year old fat kids cake right after eating taco bueno?

I bought a Tank Girl comic and i fucking hate it.

Pious on
    Untitled_1_4.jpg
  • Options
    edited August 2009
    Pious wrote: »
    Have you ever just wanted to shit on some 10 year old fat kids cake right after eating taco bueno?

I can't say I have, though never having eaten at Taco Bueno or even knowing what it is, I can't say I'm an authority on the subject.

Mustang on
  • Options
    bombardierbombardier Moderator Mod Emeritus
    edited August 2009

Go jet skiing. It's the cool thing to do!

bombardier on
  • Options
    ManonvonSuperockManonvonSuperock Registered User regular
    edited August 2009
    Taco Bueno was my favorite thing about Texas.

ManonvonSuperock on
  • Options
    edited August 2009
    My favorite thing about Texas was getting out of Texas. Worst 45 minutes ever.

D-Robe on
    Cheese.
  • Options
    edited August 2009
    fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck

so I must've gotten bitten by whateverthefuck insect from the 7th circle of hell again...this time on my pinky...it's maybe been a half-hour, and my entire finger is swollen and incredibly painful. It's so swollen that I can't move it at all. I can't bend it or stretch it out. D: I was bitten at the top of the finger, and it's completely swollen up all the way to the pad below the finger.

aaaaaaaaugh this freaks me out, shit shit shit shit

it's like twice the size of my other pinky D:D:D:D:

NightDragon on
  • Options
    edited August 2009
    Twice the size? I'm gonna need some photographic verification.

D-Robe on
    Cheese.
  • Options
    edited August 2009

It went right by PR and is headed your way, it brought torrential amounts of rain this week. I hear its pretty strong now, so watch yourself Grif.

Yeah, it's up to cat four now. The models are projecting that it's going to miss Bermuda, though. I don't think it'll be a problem. My wife is very concerned since she's never been through one before, though.

Grifter on
  • Options
    edited August 2009
    bombardier wrote: »

Go jet skiing. It's the cool thing to do!

I was actually thinking about taking my Tornado out for a spin on Saturday. I wonder what the wind will be like this weekend :)

Grifter on
  • Options
    edited August 2009
    okay, like...160% the size? Also, I don't know how to take a good picture of both of my pinkies at once.

NightDragon on
  • Options
    edited August 2009
    Excuses, excuses.

D-Robe on
    Cheese.
  • Options
    NappuccinoNappuccino Surveyor of Things and Stuff Registered User regular
    edited August 2009
    take a picture with one pinky next to a ruler, then another picture with the other pinky next to said ruler.

its quite simple

(seriously though, i hope that it's nothing serious)

(... I need to work on my comforting role a bit more...)

Nappuccino on
    Like to write? Want to get e-published? Give us a look-see at http://wednesdaynightwrites.com/
    Rorus Raz wrote: »
    There's also the possibility you just can't really grow a bear like other guys.

Not even BEAR vaginas can defeat me!
    cakemikz wrote: »
    And then I rub actual cake on myself.
    thats why you have chest helmets
  • Options
    ManonvonSuperockManonvonSuperock Registered User regular
    edited August 2009
    I'm sure the expansion was in diameter, not length, so perhaps atop and perpindicular to the ruler would be better.

ManonvonSuperock on
  • Options
    MetalbourneMetalbourne Inside a cluster b personalityRegistered User regular
    edited August 2009
    why dont you just take a picture of each finger separately and then join them together in photoshop.

Metalbourne on
  • Options
    edited August 2009
    As a legal representative of Mr. Bug I demand that you either present the evidence of this so called bite, or refrain from further damaging my clients reputation amoungst the insectoid community with this continuous slander.

Mustang on
This discussion has been closed.