As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

I posted in the AC and all I got was this stupid [CHAT]

• Options
    LoomdunLoomdun Registered User regular
    edited August 2009
    let me name your children for you

Loomdun on
    splat
  • Options
    D-RobeD-Robe Registered User regular
    edited August 2009
    bombardier wrote: »
    Hmm, I got my license within 3 days of my legally being able to obtain one. (16 in Michigan)

The rest of you- especially those of you that aren't American- are simply un-American.

I got mine on my sixteenth birthday. Yeah.

Hi5, now you're officially an American.

Your gun, cheeseburger and 10 gallon hat should arrive in the mail shortly.

Here in Alaska everyone is issued a drivers license along with their birth certificate.

D-Robe on
    Cheese.
  • Options
    MetalbourneMetalbourne Inside a cluster b personalityRegistered User regular
    edited August 2009
    cakemikz wrote: »
    That said, I did not get my license until I was 17 because I was a pussy. Now I make up for lost time however, mostly by frightening my passengers.

If you continue to drive as you do for the rest of your life, your kids are going to be 38 before they work up the courage to get their license.

That won't be an issue since I will be forcing them to get it when they turn 16.
    Everyone should get their license as early as possible if for no other reason than the insurance discounts that hit when you have had it for 5, and 10 years regardless of whether you have actually been driving in all of that time. That said, I did not get my license until I was 17 because I was a pussy. Now I make up for lost time however, mostly by frightening my passengers.

Pfft. I got my license at 18 and I've still been driving longer all of you put together. I'll be as american as I want to be.

Yes but have you used as much gasoline? Because that is a point of pride for me.

Yes. My most recent car was an El Camino that got 7 mpg at worst and 16 at best, and two points of interest in my past were a '59 Chevy pickup and a '61 Ford pickup, both with bigblock engines and three speed column shifters. I think I've pumped some gas in my time.

Metalbourne on
  • Options
    NightDragonNightDragon 6th Grade Username Registered User regular
    edited August 2009
    What is car insurance like after you've hit the 5-year mark, with no accidents on your record? I guess I'll be there in one more year. I got my license when I was 18, and just biked around town all the years prior. Can't believe I've been driving for 4 years already! I'm so ancient.

I'm paying about $86/month for insurance right now, under my parents.

NightDragon on
  • Options
    ManonvonSuperockManonvonSuperock Registered User regular
    edited August 2009
    aw snap!

I was worried that this 27-yr-old dude with a faux hawk they brought in as an overflow teacher for one of my classes was going to drop me from it, setting back my graduation plans a year.

Luckily, I got a call from the chair of the department, being all "naw, dude. e'rrthing's cool."

ManonvonSuperock on
  • Options
    rtsrts Registered User regular
    edited August 2009
    Mine got a lot better when I hit 5 years. I had just bought a new car too....a much more expensive and reckless car.

Oh god they are forecasting rain tomorrow.

rts on
  • Options
    edited August 2009
    What is car insurance like after you've hit the 5-year mark, with no accidents on your record? I guess I'll be there in one more year. I got my license when I was 18, and just biked around town all the years prior. Can't believe I've been driving for 4 years already! I'm so ancient.

I'm paying about $86/month for insurance right now, under my parents.

Bare bones insurance on my el camino costed 29 bucks a month when I lived in Delaware.

Metalbourne on
  • Options
    edited August 2009
    What is car insurance like after you've hit the 5-year mark

Mine got a lot worse when I hit a 5-year-old Mark.

e: It's cool though. Mark was kind of a prick.

D-Robe on
    Cheese.
  • Options
    MagicToasterMagicToaster JapanRegistered User regular
    edited August 2009
    I hit an old ladys car and sent her to the hospital!

MagicToaster on
  • Options
    MustangMustang Arbiter of Unpopular Opinions Registered User regular
    edited August 2009
    I think I'm going to sell my car, it's old, handles like a yacht and never get's driven and when it does get driven it has a habit of breaking down. Me and my other half get around in her car mostly because it's super cheap on fuel and doesn't break down.

Mustang on
  • Options
    Shiekahn_boyShiekahn_boy Registered User regular
    edited August 2009
    I want to reinforce my truck and put a bunch of stainless steel plates and rods in it. Then weld up a stainless steel grill with spikes and such on the front. Have kevlar and steel woven into the tires.

Also a machine gun mount would be great on top. I would make it the centerpiece to your DESTRUCTION!

Shiekahn_boy on
    "your a moron you know that wolves have packs wich they rely on nd they could ever here of lone wolves? you an idiot and your gay, wolves have packs and are smart with tactics" - Youtube Wolf Enthusiast.
    What the fuck are you people even arguing about? Shut up.
  • Options
    CommunistCowCommunistCow Abstract Metal ThingyRegistered User regular
    edited August 2009
    I um.... like cars.

my miata that I turboed:
    miataturboed.jpg
    my old motorcycle that I got rid of so I wouldn't die horribly after owning it for a year
    gixxer1.jpg

me AutoXing my now daily driver.
    n10209576_15499004_6148.jpg

CommunistCow on
    No, I am not really communist. Yes, it is weird that I use this name.
  • Options
    bombardierbombardier Moderator mod
    edited August 2009
    Man, fuck credit cards. I got charged interest on a 2k statement because I failed to pay off like $10 of that due to paying my statement ahead of time and then having one show up riiiight before the billing period ended. On another card, apparently you start getting charged interest from the day you fucking buy something with it. When the fuck have credit cards ever done that?

bombardier on
  • Options
    edited August 2009
    When the fuck have credit cards ever done that?

When people started paying shit off before banks could charge interest.
    Seriously CC debt is the worst, I have about 3k on mine and it's a nightmare to get rid of.

Mustang on
  • Options
    edited August 2009
    The thing was paid off in full last month to get rid of the interest, and it's still there? No. Fuck that shit. That's not the deal.

bombardier on
  • Options
    edited August 2009
    The only reason I'm not starving in a ditch due to my unemployed state is because I paid off all my credit cards and cancelled them.

Metalbourne on
  • Options
    edited August 2009
    So I guess this is how American Express does things. Go to fucking hell American Express.

bombardier on
  • Options
    edited August 2009
    I just got done watching the zero punctuation review for the Conduit for the wii and am saddened. It pisses me off that developers would promise "None of that waggle shit" and then, of course, put it in the game. Other than that its just a horrible game.

Also, the wii remote is an inergonomic peice of shit. I don't care if its attracting gamers, it's fucking painful.

Metalbourne on
  • Options
    edited August 2009
    I'm too afraid to get a credit card! I think they're fucking horrible, and I hate the idea of having to get one, not because I need one, mind you, but because that's apparently my only fucking option to build credit.

Fuuuuuuck thaaaaaat

NightDragon on
  • Options
    edited August 2009
    I watch fight club too much.

Man that is still an awesome movie today.

Shiekahn_boy on
    "your a moron you know that wolves have packs wich they rely on nd they could ever here of lone wolves? you an idiot and your gay, wolves have packs and are smart with tactics" - Youtube Wolf Enthusiast.
  • Options
    edited August 2009
    I'm too afraid to get a credit card! I think they're fucking horrible, and I hate the idea of having to get one, not because I need one, mind you, but because that's apparently my only fucking option to build credit.

Fuuuuuuck thaaaaaat

It is not the only way to build credit, and frankly, I'm starting to think that entire idea is a myth put on by the credit card companies to make people get credit cards.

Metalbourne on
  • Options
    edited August 2009
    Wait, how else do I build credit? I've been led to believe that credit cards were my only option, really.

Although, with 30 years of student loans to pay off, I might not need to bother.

NightDragon on
  • Options
    edited August 2009

Fuuuuuuck thaaaaaat

It is not the only way to build credit, and frankly, I'm starting to think that entire idea is a myth put on by the credit card companies to make people get credit cards.

I think people just see the word "Credit" and find it both beneficiary or crippling. It's something to just assume be the only source of credit.

I want to name mine a Wang Card.

"Would that be cash or wang?" They would say.

"Wang" I reply

Shiekahn_boy on
  • Options
    edited August 2009
    It really is pretty stupid, mine is racked up because I needed to move in a hurry to get away from a psycho neighbour. I just keep putting off getting rid of the debt.

However, a credit card can be pretty handy providing you only use it to pay for shit you can afford. So you pay it off clean every month.
    When you use it as a small loan factory however, it's pretty dumb.

Mustang on
  • Options
    edited August 2009
    "you'll probably just end up shaking your controller like Jackson Pollock with a scorpion on the end of his brush"

Metalbourne on
  • Options
    edited August 2009
    DAMMIT FUCK STUPID DIGITAL

What is this stupid light blue line that is going across the middle of my photoshop and ruined my figure lesson video thing?

rts on
  • Options
    edited August 2009
    I am secretly Yahtzee. Don't tell anyone.
    I am not secretly Yahtzee. :(

D-Robe on
    Cheese.
  • Options
    edited August 2009
    Does it appear on your desktop or the video itself? If so then it must be the program you are using to record. (if you are using one)

You ever thought about doing a live stream?

Shiekahn_boy on
  • Options
    edited August 2009
    Its in photoshop. It is some kind of measuring line thing in photoshop that I accidentally pulled down from the measuring thingy at the top. Dammit that was by far my best attempt at making this video so far.

rts on
  • Options
    edited August 2009
    See, the way that I function is: save up money. Put all money into checking account. Buy only what I have money for. Get more money. Continue saving.

I imagine a credit card would be like:

Buy something I can already buy with what's in my checking account. Wait for bill. Pay off balance. Learn of hidden fee. Learn of mistake in billing. Learn that I suddenly have a billion-jillion dollars in credit card debt. Be laughed at by the credit card companies. Sell all material wealth. Live in tent for a month, living off of canned peaches. Credit card companies send me a horde of rabid dogs. Live in torn-up tent for the remainder of my days, frothing at the mouth, unable to consume my final can of peaches. Fade from memory and time.

NightDragon on
  • Options
    edited August 2009
    Man fuck credit. My credit score is like 80. Doesn't affect me in the slightest....at this exact moment.

rts on
  • Options
    edited August 2009
    Its in photoshop. It is some kind of measuring line thing in photoshop that I accidentally pulled down from the measuring thingy at the top. Dammit that was by far my best attempt at making this video so far.

Hit "V" - the move tool, and that will allow you to drag the line back up to the ruler.

If you want to avoid doing that in the future, turn off rulers (under View).

NightDragon on
  • Options
    edited August 2009

Hit "V" - the move tool, and that will allow you to drag the line back up to the ruler.

Thanks, I discovered that I could also just hit undo to remove it. But not until after I ruined the video with obscenities.

rts on
  • Options
    edited August 2009
    You can just edit it, can you?

Shiekahn_boy on
  • Options
    MindsackMindsack Registered User regular
    edited August 2009
    its a guide cake, i just figured out how to use em like a week ago, use the move tool and drag it back to the ruler to get rid of it.

you can pull em out from either ruler and its great for...well, guiding stuff. cuz they're guides. yeah.

Mindsack on
    (''''\('-_-')/'''') rawr http://gabrielmolina.tumblr.com
  • Options
    edited August 2009
    It's a cheaters cheat-line is what it is.

rts on
  • Options
    MindsackMindsack Registered User regular
    edited August 2009
    lol cheating is highly rewarding though.

Mindsack on
    (''''\('-_-')/'''') rawr http://gabrielmolina.tumblr.com
  • Options
    edited August 2009
    I wish I had 6 grand to drop on a case mod. I would love to make a tower in the shape of companion cube.

Shiekahn_boy on
  • Options
    edited August 2009
    SIX grand for that? I could build a companion cube case for 150 dollars. Or less!

D-Robe on
    Cheese.
  • Options
    Stupid Mr Whoopsie NameStupid Mr Whoopsie Name Registered User, ClubPA regular
    edited August 2009
    Hey guyz! Is anyone on here into jewelery making? Specifically, rings?

Stupid Mr Whoopsie Name on
This discussion has been closed.