As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Brand New Totally-On-Topic-Or-I-Will-Cut-You Health Care Thread

1585960616264»

• Options
    gigEsmallsgigEsmalls __BANNED USERS regular
    edited August 2009
    gigEsmalls wrote: »
    DING DING DING!! Is being moderate not a accepted format here??
    Hahahahahaha

Look I think we can all agree that you're a douchebag but I also think that what's the deal with airlines not serving peanuts?

Compromise is an awesome thing.

Hoyer: Public option may have to go

http://www.politico.com/news/stories/0809/26335.html

gigEsmalls on
  • Options
    iTunesIsEviliTunesIsEvil Cornfield? Cornfield.Registered User regular
    edited August 2009
    Hoyer: “We believe the public option is a necessary useful and very important aspect of this [...]"

You're horrible at this. Thats a horrible headline.

iTunesIsEvil on
  • Options
    edited August 2009
    Hoyer: “We believe the public option is a necessary useful and very important aspect of this [...]"

That was Politico's headline. Go write their editor.

gigEsmalls on
  • Options
    DeebaserDeebaser on my way to work in a suit and a tie Ahhhh...come on fucking guyRegistered User regular
    edited August 2009

Well, he can't be bothered to read the articles and isn't capable of providing a more than one sentence 'analysis' of what he's throwing against the wall.

Deebaser on
  • Options
    Kipling217Kipling217 Registered User regular
    edited August 2009
    Hahahahahaha

Look I think we can all agree that you're a douchebag but I also think that what's the deal with airlines not serving peanuts?

I also think he is a small-minded troll, but what do they call the little plastic thing at the end of your shoe-lace.

Kipling217 on
    The sky was full of stars, every star an exploding ship. One of ours.
  • Options
    DeebaserDeebaser on my way to work in a suit and a tie Ahhhh...come on fucking guyRegistered User regular
    edited August 2009

He's writing you, because you're either parroting back bullshit dishonestly or ignorantly. A reasonable person would have read that article, surmised it said nothing of heft, and moved on.

You read the inflammatory headline and pushed it down the line BECAUSE OF the headline.

Deebaser on
  • Options
    DuffelDuffel jacobkosh Registered User regular
    edited August 2009
    For the love of God, people, don't bring up that peanut thing. Last time we did that it went over 50 pages.

Duffel on
  • Options
    edited August 2009

Did you read the article, or do you just consume your news via headlines? I mean, I admit that it probably makes you like the speediest newspaper reader ever, but it doesn't mean you've got a fucking clue about what the article actually contains.

iTunesIsEvil on
  • Options
    edited August 2009
    Kipling217 wrote: »
    Hahahahahaha

I also think he is a small-minded troll, but what do they call the little plastic thing at the end of your shoe-lace.

aiglettes...

I'll take 'Worthless Trivia That Im Ashamed to Know for $300'

Deebaser on
  • Options
    edited August 2009

Did you read the article, or do you just consume your news via headlines? I mean, I admit that it probably makes you like the speediest newspaper reader ever, but it doesn't mean you've got a fucking clue about what the article actually contains.

For those who read the article and support the government option. Does it make you feel more hopeful the option will still see light? When I read the article it makes me hopeful it won't but will still see moderate HC reform.

gigEsmalls on
  • Options
    enlightenedbumenlightenedbum Registered User regular
    edited August 2009

So you're unaware of the fact that Politico is retardedly shallow and tends to go fishing for Drudge links by sensationalizing their headlines as well as everything else?

enlightenedbum on
    Self-righteousness is incompatible with coalition building.
  • Options
    Richard_DastardlyRichard_Dastardly Registered User regular
    edited August 2009
    So you're unaware of the fact that Politico is retardedly shallow and tends to go fishing for Drudge links by sensationalizing their headlines as well as everything else?
    You say it like it's a bad thing that's polarizing our nation and making rational discussion impossible.

Richard_Dastardly on
  • Options
    Professor PhobosProfessor Phobos Registered User regular
    edited August 2009
    Kipling217 wrote: »
    Hahahahahaha

Aglets. They're called aglets, and their true purpose...is sinister.

Anyway, I think the Democrats should tell the Republicans to just go fuck themselves, pass a robust bill in the House and get it through the Senate via reconciliation.

Professor Phobos on
  • Options
    QinguQingu Registered User regular
    edited August 2009

For those who read the article and support the government option. Does it make you feel more hopeful the option will still see light? When I read the article it makes me hopeful it won't but will still see moderate HC reform.
    Are you asking because you are illiterate and want to know what it says? That seems consistent with the entirety of your post history.

You don't seem to grasp that there is a reason everyone here is making fun of you.

Qingu on
  • Options
    edited August 2009

It's not all bad but there are fucking retards over there, especially Mike Allen.

gigEsmalls on
  • Options
    enlightenedbumenlightenedbum Registered User regular
    edited August 2009

It's not all bad but there are fucking retards over there, especially Mike Allen.

Who runs the damn thing!

enlightenedbum on
    Self-righteousness is incompatible with coalition building.
  • Options
    edited August 2009

Who runs the damn thing!

That did it... my eyes are bleeding now... time to go get me some healthcare...

Deebaser on
  • Options
    edited August 2009
    It makes me think "Hoyer didn't really say a damn thing; how the fuck did someone get an entire article out of that?" That's what it makes me think. He's caught shit over that op-ed and he'd like the shit he's catching to stop flying his way.

It also makes me think that the guy who wrote or edited that article is a hyperbolic dickbag, but that's probably neither here nor there.

iTunesIsEvil on
  • Options
    KalTorakKalTorak One way or another, they all end up in the Undercity.Registered User regular
    edited August 2009
    Deebaser wrote: »

Who runs the damn thing!

I'll fix your eyes if you fix oil pricing. The real problem.

KalTorak on
  • Options
    edited August 2009
    KalTorak wrote: »
    Deebaser wrote: »

Who runs the damn thing!

I'll fix your eyes if you fix oil pricing. The real problem.

I'll fix the oil problem if someone prevents the lizard people running the one world government from switching the US from the 'Dollar' to the 'Amero'.

Deebaser on
  • Options
    monikermoniker Registered User regular
    edited August 2009
    Is being moderate not a accepted format here??

montoya.jpg

moniker on
  • Options
    Darkchampion3dDarkchampion3d Registered User regular
    edited August 2009
    urahonky wrote: »
    The article really says Insurance companies aren't gouging their customers? Really now??

I have minimal coverage and I pay $250 a month for my wife and I. God help me if I actually get something serious.

At least your wife has coverage. My gf has none but she doesn't think government should be an option. She did agreed with the John Mackey (Whole Foods CEO) op-ed though.

So she likes having no insurance, and is willing to sacrifice her own health in order to ensure that our free market utopia continues to steamroll along unhindered for the benefit of the few. The system doesn't work for her (I assume she is a contributing, working member of society) but she thinks it's good anyways.

How altruistic and misguided of her.

Darkchampion3d on
    Our country is now taking so steady a course as to show by what road it will pass to destruction, to wit: by consolidation of power first, and then corruption, its necessary consequence --Thomas Jefferson
  • Options
    monikermoniker Registered User regular
    edited August 2009
    The article really says Insurance companies aren't gouging their customers? Really now??

I have minimal coverage and I pay $250 a month for my wife and I. God help me if I actually get something serious.

At least your wife has coverage. My gf has none but she doesn't think government should be an option. She did agreed with the John Mackey (Whole Foods CEO) op-ed though.

So she likes having no insurance, and is willing to sacrifice her own health in order to ensure that our free market utopia continues to steamroll along unhindered for the benefit of the few.

I honestly just want to get a good summation of the why. She doesn't think government should be an option. That's interesting. I've seen a guy who doesn't think private enterprise should be an option. Which is interesting too. I've also seen a bear ride a motorcycle. Which is awesome.

None of those sentences serve any argument for anything aside from going to circuses.

moniker on
  • Options
    GoumindongGoumindong Registered User regular
    edited August 2009

"Public Option" is moderate reform...

Goumindong on
    wbBv3fj.png
  • Options
    edited August 2009
    moniker wrote: »

So she likes having no insurance, and is willing to sacrifice her own health in order to ensure that our free market utopia continues to steamroll along unhindered for the benefit of the few.

I honestly just want to get a good summation of the why. She doesn't think government should be an option. That's interesting. I've seen a guy who doesn't think private enterprise should be an option. Which is interesting too. I've also seen a bear ride a motorcycle. Which is awesome.

None of those sentences serve any argument for anything aside from going to circuses.

You and government should get a room.

gigEsmalls on
  • Options
    DirtyDirtyVagrantDirtyDirtyVagrant Registered User regular
    edited August 2009
    Isn't the entire purpose of the government option to provide competition to the market so insurance companies 'cant' gouge people?

What the hell is all the fuss about? It seems like a pretty good idea to me. And also people are concerned about "oh god think of how much money we'll be spending!"

...Isn't insurance a relatively profitable industry? I mean...maybe I'm just entirely misinformed.

DirtyDirtyVagrant on
  • Options
    QuidQuid Definitely not a banana Registered User regular
    edited August 2009
    You and government should get a room.
    Remarkably constructive considering all the replies you had.

Let me try since you're apparently very sensitive: Why does your girlfriend think there shouldn't be a government option when, currently, she has no option.

Quid on
  • Options
    TubeTube Registered User admin
    edited August 2009
    oh good this is over. feel free not to make another one since anything you haven't said already doesn't need saying.

Tube on
This discussion has been closed.