Club PA 2.0 has arrived! If you'd like to access some extra PA content and help support the forums, check it out at patreon.com/ClubPA
The image size limit has been raised to 1mb! Anything larger than that should be linked to. This is a HARD limit, please do not abuse it.
Our new Indie Games subforum is now open for business in G&T. Go and check it out, you might land a code for a free game. If you're developing an indie game and want to post about it, follow these directions. If you don't, he'll break your legs! Hahaha! Seriously though.
Our rules have been updated and given their own forum. Go and look at them! They are nice, and there may be new ones that you didn't know about! Hooray for rules! Hooray for The System! Hooray for Conforming!

Welcome To The Imaginarium

13»

• Bad-BeatBad-Beat Registered User regular
    edited October 2009
    One thing that I found weird. Not about the film though.

While I was sat in the cinema before the film started, I could hear loads of people talking about how they had no idea what the film was about, or even what the exact title was. It was fairly busy, which is odd because it is a bit of an artsy film. It wasn't surprising at the end of the cinema that i could hear those same people saying how they thought it was boring/confusing or had fallen asleep. I think those people must have been there because it was Ledger's last film.

Bad-Beat on
  • Baroque And RollBaroque And Roll Registered User regular
    edited October 2009
    The fact that it's the last work that Ledger was attached to sparked my interest. But it's the other big names, really neat plot, and imagery that keeps me coming back.

Baroque And Roll on
    2dtr87s.png
    SteamID: Baroque And Roll
  • MonkeyfeetMonkeyfeet Registered User regular
    edited October 2009
    I'm pretty much obligated to see any of Terry Gilliam's films at this point

Monkeyfeet on
    sig1.jpg
  • Bad-BeatBad-Beat Registered User regular
    edited October 2009
    I went with a friend who said it wasn't Gilliam's best work, mainly because he thought that parts got a bit heavy and confusing. I haven't seen them all so I can't really comment. Not meaning to sound harsh about this film as I liked it, but I can see some people really not liking it.

Bad-Beat on
  • GoatmonGoatmon Property of Amara_P Registered User regular
    edited October 2009
    I was sold on this film when I saw that Tom Waits is playing Satan.

Goatmon on
    Switch Friend Code: SW-6680-6709-4204

• The_ScarabThe_Scarab Registered User regular
    edited October 2009
    Monkeyfeet wrote: »
    I'm pretty much obligated to see any of Terry Gilliam's films at this point

Time Bandits is on right fucking now.

The_Scarab on
    scarab you have mental problems
  • BearstranautBearstranaut Registered User
    edited October 2009
    Tom Waits is gonna rasp his way to the top I tell you

Bearstranaut on
    You ever try and draw Falcor as a giant dong? No? It just ends up looking like a long cyclops.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Grey GhostGrey Ghost Registered User regular
    edited October 2009
    Bad-Beat wrote: »
    I went with a friend who said it wasn't Gilliam's best work, mainly because he thought that parts got a bit heavy and confusing. I haven't seen them all so I can't really comment. Not meaning to sound harsh about this film as I liked it, but I can see some people really not liking it.

It's gotta be better than The Brothers Grimm, at any rate

Grey Ghost on
    QRK7dOP.gif
    PSN: GrahamCR | 3DS Friend Code: 4399-2068-5090 | Switch Friend Code: SW-7440-9863-2027
  • cj iwakuracj iwakura The Rhythm Regent Chantry of NightmaresRegistered User regular
    edited January 2010
    Um, so this is out in theaters now. Has anyone seen it?

It's in ultra limited release in South Florida. Sawgrass is the closest place.

cj iwakura on
    9LlOwgn.png
    Well, good morning. Welcome to the new scenario. What should we do today?
  • Centipede DamascusCentipede Damascus Registered User regular
    edited January 2010
    yeah, we were posting in this thread

http://forums.penny-arcade.com/showthread.php?t=109683

Centipede Damascus on
  • Baroque And RollBaroque And Roll Registered User regular
    edited January 2010
    Thanks for liking my thread more cj. <3

Baroque And Roll on
    2dtr87s.png
    SteamID: Baroque And Roll
13»