Options

[OOC] Space Dragons - It's dragons, in space!

1246716

Posts

  • Options
    OptimusZedOptimusZed Registered User regular
    edited August 2009
    Horseshoe wrote: »
    Seriously, though, if all the Kobolds are dead, should I be doing anything at this point? =/

    Let's wait to see what Rainy does.

    I'm hoping for some sort of skill challenge that will help take down the Black Dragon.
    Vinu could totally take him.

    "That's just 'cause Vinu is a game construct that doesn't have to worry about death. He just transfers the violence to me."

    Well, yes. Still. Vinu could totally take him.

    OptimusZed on
    We're reading Rifts. You should too. You know you want to. Now With Ninjas!

    They tried to bury us. They didn't know that we were seeds. 2018 Midterms. Get your shit together.
  • Options
    HorseshoeHorseshoe Registered User regular
    edited August 2009
    Vinu could be summoned inside the dragon's heart and give it a myocardial infarction.

    Horseshoe on
    dmsigsmallek3.jpg
  • Options
    Silas BrownSilas Brown That's hobo style. Registered User regular
    edited August 2009
    Have I ever told you guys about my friend's concept for an epic-level arcane power: "Blood to Kittens?"

    Silas Brown on
  • Options
    HorseshoeHorseshoe Registered User regular
    edited August 2009
    ...which you use to damage an opponent by turning his blood into kittens?

    Horseshoe on
    dmsigsmallek3.jpg
  • Options
    OptimusZedOptimusZed Registered User regular
    edited August 2009
    Horseshoe wrote: »
    Vinu could be summoned inside the dragon's heart and give it a myocardial infarction.
    I think this would require line of sight to the heart.

    Which kind of makes it a secondary kill mechanism at best.

    OptimusZed on
    We're reading Rifts. You should too. You know you want to. Now With Ninjas!

    They tried to bury us. They didn't know that we were seeds. 2018 Midterms. Get your shit together.
  • Options
    HorseshoeHorseshoe Registered User regular
    edited August 2009
    c'mon guys Smaug went down with one arrow

    surely the six of us can figure this out

    Horseshoe on
    dmsigsmallek3.jpg
  • Options
    OptimusZedOptimusZed Registered User regular
    edited August 2009
    Maybe we can feed it the paladin and hope it chokes on the plate armor.

    OptimusZed on
    We're reading Rifts. You should too. You know you want to. Now With Ninjas!

    They tried to bury us. They didn't know that we were seeds. 2018 Midterms. Get your shit together.
  • Options
    Silas BrownSilas Brown That's hobo style. Registered User regular
    edited August 2009
    Horseshoe wrote: »
    ...which you use to damage an opponent by turning his blood into kittens?

    Kind of makes you wonder why it isn't in the Player's Handbook, right?

    Silas Brown on
  • Options
    psolmspsolms Registered User regular
    edited August 2009
    OptimusZed wrote: »
    Maybe we can feed it the paladin and hope it chokes on the plate armor.

    this is a valid plan and i fully support it.

    psolms on
  • Options
    3cl1ps33cl1ps3 I will build a labyrinth to house the cheese Registered User regular
    edited August 2009
    psolms wrote: »
    OptimusZed wrote: »
    Maybe we can feed it the paladin and hope it chokes on the plate armor.

    this is a valid plan and i fully support it.

    As do I.

    3cl1ps3 on
  • Options
    HorseshoeHorseshoe Registered User regular
    edited August 2009
    dammit remy why didn't you try to pitch an Insight check to give someone else a +2 to nature!

    Horseshoe on
    dmsigsmallek3.jpg
  • Options
    RainfallRainfall Registered User regular
    edited August 2009
    Just as an FYI, failing this skill challenge won't result in everyone dying. On the other hand, you'll fail to slay a dragon, and you don't want that, do you?

    Rainfall on
  • Options
    HorseshoeHorseshoe Registered User regular
    edited August 2009
    FUCK YES WE WANT TO SLAY DRAGON

    do not fail on your skill checks people

    i cannot stress this enough

    Horseshoe on
    dmsigsmallek3.jpg
  • Options
    interrobanginterrobang kawaii as  hellRegistered User regular
    edited August 2009
    I gotta go to work and won't be back until 11 PM EST, so I'm gonna leave my rolls here in the event someone wants to do narration for me.

    Acrobatics: 1d20+10 = 20 Success!
    Nature: 1d20 = 12 Failure!

    See you fine folks later in the evening.

    interrobang on
  • Options
    HorseshoeHorseshoe Registered User regular
    edited August 2009
    NO GODDAMNIT LANDARIL ROLLS NATURE WHAT IS WRONG WITH YOU PEOPLE

    THAT SHOULD NOT COUNT YOU ARE NOT PAYING ATTENTION

    seriously why the hell would you roll an untrained skill check guys

    Horseshoe on
    dmsigsmallek3.jpg
  • Options
    OptimusZedOptimusZed Registered User regular
    edited August 2009
    Horseshoe wrote: »
    NO GODDAMNIT LANDARIL ROLLS NATURE WHAT IS WRONG WITH YOU PEOPLE

    THAT SHOULD NOT COUNT YOU ARE NOT PAYING ATTENTION

    seriously why the hell would you roll an untrained skill check guys

    Landaril is too far out to make any checks in this skill challenge. We either go 3 and 2 or 4 and 1 and finish before it's my turn.

    OptimusZed on
    We're reading Rifts. You should too. You know you want to. Now With Ninjas!

    They tried to bury us. They didn't know that we were seeds. 2018 Midterms. Get your shit together.
  • Options
    psolmspsolms Registered User regular
    edited August 2009
    i think the reason is obvious shoe.

    they are drunk.

    psolms on
  • Options
    HorseshoeHorseshoe Registered User regular
    edited August 2009
    OptimusZed wrote: »
    Horseshoe wrote: »
    NO GODDAMNIT LANDARIL ROLLS NATURE WHAT IS WRONG WITH YOU PEOPLE

    THAT SHOULD NOT COUNT YOU ARE NOT PAYING ATTENTION

    seriously why the hell would you roll an untrained skill check guys

    Landaril is too far out to make any checks in this skill challenge. We either go 3 and 2 or 4 and 1 and finish before it's my turn.

    Ah shit I have to edit my post... hold on let me check who has decent wisdom.

    Wait...

    Isn't Vinu on the black dragon? What skills is he trained in?

    Horseshoe on
    dmsigsmallek3.jpg
  • Options
    OptimusZedOptimusZed Registered User regular
    edited August 2009
    Horseshoe wrote: »
    OptimusZed wrote: »
    Horseshoe wrote: »
    NO GODDAMNIT LANDARIL ROLLS NATURE WHAT IS WRONG WITH YOU PEOPLE

    THAT SHOULD NOT COUNT YOU ARE NOT PAYING ATTENTION

    seriously why the hell would you roll an untrained skill check guys

    Landaril is too far out to make any checks in this skill challenge. We either go 3 and 2 or 4 and 1 and finish before it's my turn.

    Ah shit I have to edit my post... hold on let me check who has decent wisdom.

    Wait...

    Isn't Vinu on the black dragon? What skills is he trained in?
    Vinu can fly.

    OptimusZed on
    We're reading Rifts. You should too. You know you want to. Now With Ninjas!

    They tried to bury us. They didn't know that we were seeds. 2018 Midterms. Get your shit together.
  • Options
    HorseshoeHorseshoe Registered User regular
    edited August 2009
    wait Alvurian's on K7, he shouldn't be on the Black Dragon either

    Horseshoe on
    dmsigsmallek3.jpg
  • Options
    HorseshoeHorseshoe Registered User regular
    edited August 2009
    OptimusZed wrote: »
    Horseshoe wrote: »
    OptimusZed wrote: »
    Horseshoe wrote: »
    NO GODDAMNIT LANDARIL ROLLS NATURE WHAT IS WRONG WITH YOU PEOPLE

    THAT SHOULD NOT COUNT YOU ARE NOT PAYING ATTENTION

    seriously why the hell would you roll an untrained skill check guys

    Landaril is too far out to make any checks in this skill challenge. We either go 3 and 2 or 4 and 1 and finish before it's my turn.

    Ah shit I have to edit my post... hold on let me check who has decent wisdom.

    Wait...

    Isn't Vinu on the black dragon? What skills is he trained in?
    Vinu can fly.

    can Vinu help kill big dragons with a nature check?

    Horseshoe on
    dmsigsmallek3.jpg
  • Options
    OptimusZedOptimusZed Registered User regular
    edited August 2009
    Horseshoe wrote: »
    OptimusZed wrote: »
    Horseshoe wrote: »
    OptimusZed wrote: »
    Horseshoe wrote: »
    NO GODDAMNIT LANDARIL ROLLS NATURE WHAT IS WRONG WITH YOU PEOPLE

    THAT SHOULD NOT COUNT YOU ARE NOT PAYING ATTENTION

    seriously why the hell would you roll an untrained skill check guys

    Landaril is too far out to make any checks in this skill challenge. We either go 3 and 2 or 4 and 1 and finish before it's my turn.

    Ah shit I have to edit my post... hold on let me check who has decent wisdom.

    Wait...

    Isn't Vinu on the black dragon? What skills is he trained in?
    Vinu can fly.

    can Vinu help kill big dragons with a nature check?
    On my initiative count, sure.

    OptimusZed on
    We're reading Rifts. You should too. You know you want to. Now With Ninjas!

    They tried to bury us. They didn't know that we were seeds. 2018 Midterms. Get your shit together.
  • Options
    HorseshoeHorseshoe Registered User regular
    edited August 2009
    he gets to make checks with the same modifiers as Landaril, right?

    Horseshoe on
    dmsigsmallek3.jpg
  • Options
    RainfallRainfall Registered User regular
    edited August 2009
    Vinu is not a separate character. Landaril is a Shaman. Vinu is his spirit companion.

    Rainfall on
  • Options
    psolmspsolms Registered User regular
    edited August 2009
    goddamn i fail so hard.

    psolms on
  • Options
    Silas BrownSilas Brown That's hobo style. Registered User regular
    edited August 2009
    Sorry, I had not realized that Insight checks to grant bonuses to other character's was a universal mechanic of skill challenges. Skill challenges have always been my biggest weakpoint as a DM, and it seems I'm not too hot at grasping the player side either.

    Silas Brown on
  • Options
    HorseshoeHorseshoe Registered User regular
    edited August 2009
    Rainfall wrote: »
    Vinu is not a separate character. Landaril is a Shaman. Vinu is his spirit companion.

    does vinu get to make skill checks or not?

    psolms: hold your horses a sec, i gotta figure whether or not i'm giving you the +2 to nature checks

    Horseshoe on
    dmsigsmallek3.jpg
  • Options
    HorseshoeHorseshoe Registered User regular
    edited August 2009
    Sorry, I had not realized that Insight checks to grant bonuses to other character's was a universal mechanic of skill challenges. Skill challenges have always been my biggest weakpoint as a DM, and it seems I'm not too hot at grasping the player side either.

    in this case it was history... gotta ask the DM these kinda things.

    Horseshoe on
    dmsigsmallek3.jpg
  • Options
    RainfallRainfall Registered User regular
    edited August 2009
    Also Shoe chill out it's just a skill challenge. You're not going to die or anything.

    Rainfall on
  • Options
    Silas BrownSilas Brown That's hobo style. Registered User regular
    edited August 2009
    So it depends on things that the DM may not even reveal unless I know to ask?

    Awesome. Nothing against the DM on this one, I'm just confirming my loathing for skill challenges in general.

    Silas Brown on
  • Options
    HorseshoeHorseshoe Registered User regular
    edited August 2009
    psolms wrote: »
    goddamn i fail so hard.

    I thought Rainy said the Athletics check was a DC10 just so that you could hang on? I think you succeeded at that (though apparently it doesn't count for successes on the challenge itself)

    Horseshoe on
    dmsigsmallek3.jpg
  • Options
    HorseshoeHorseshoe Registered User regular
    edited August 2009
    Rainfall wrote: »
    Also Shoe chill out it's just a skill challenge. You're not going to die or anything.

    I like succeeding at things.

    Horseshoe on
    dmsigsmallek3.jpg
  • Options
    psolmspsolms Registered User regular
    edited August 2009
    sorry about the disappearance.. my friend came and picked me up to go see a movie (we ended up skipping the movie and teaching d&d to another friend :P )

    anyways, the DC was 15 because i didnt make the jump to the black dragon. i was still on the gold.

    psolms on
  • Options
    RainfallRainfall Registered User regular
    edited August 2009
    Not psychic. Tell me what checks you're rolling, please, Shoe?

    Yeah I know you did that while talking to me in IRC, and I gave you the results there, but STILL PLEASE.

    Rainfall on
  • Options
    HorseshoeHorseshoe Registered User regular
    edited August 2009
    my mistake, was in a hurry, thought it said Arcana in the invisible castle link

    so yeah, Arcana about deadshards, particularly if there's anything that might make one of them move

    Horseshoe on
    dmsigsmallek3.jpg
  • Options
    Lord_AsmodeusLord_Asmodeus goeticSobriquet: Here is your magical cryptic riddle-tumour: I AM A TIME MACHINERegistered User regular
    edited August 2009
    Man this looks like an awesome concept, I wish I'd been around for the recruitment thread >.<

    Lord_Asmodeus on
    Capital is only the fruit of labor, and could never have existed if Labor had not first existed. Labor is superior to capital, and deserves much the higher consideration. - Lincoln
  • Options
    RainfallRainfall Registered User regular
    edited August 2009
    It is a totally awesome concept.

    And Moriarty gets a gold star! You poor souls.

    Rainfall on
  • Options
    Silas BrownSilas Brown That's hobo style. Registered User regular
    edited August 2009
    Hahaha so awesome. The more I learn about this setting, the more I love it. I may run a RL game for this setting in the future.

    Silas Brown on
  • Options
    RainfallRainfall Registered User regular
    edited August 2009
    That would be super-awesome. In exchange, all I demand is any awesome setting concepts you come up with, and notice in advance so I can pass on all the awesome not-really-for-the-players stuff I've written. Some of it, anyway.

    Rainfall on
  • Options
    Lord_AsmodeusLord_Asmodeus goeticSobriquet: Here is your magical cryptic riddle-tumour: I AM A TIME MACHINERegistered User regular
    edited August 2009
    Man I wish I hadn't missed the latest bout of 4e game recruitment's, I haven't been in a game since that one that Kane Red Robe GM'd. Still, reading the IC for this ought to be entertaining :P

    Lord_Asmodeus on
    Capital is only the fruit of labor, and could never have existed if Labor had not first existed. Labor is superior to capital, and deserves much the higher consideration. - Lincoln
Sign In or Register to comment.