Options

[Wii Shop] 8/10 - Super Star Wars, NyxQuest, Rock N' Roll Climber, Brain Age Express

• Options
    RockinXRockinX Registered User regular
    edited September 2009
    Holy Shiek. I want it if it means it's similar to Castlevania IV (the only one that has actually kept me interested in playing).

RockinX on
  • Options
    slash000slash000 Registered User regular
    edited September 2009
    I heard about that too. I'm pretty excited at the though of a new Super Castlevania IV -like game. Or whatever. I love the Metroidvanias but really it'd be cool to get a traditional Vania as well. Bring it on!

slash000 on
  • Options
    earthwormadamearthwormadam ancient crust Registered User regular
    edited September 2009
    So you really can't run and shoot using the wiimote? That would be weird if you had to have the clasic controller to run and gun...

Also is Return of the Jedi worth a purchase? I've only played the first SW SNES game and I found it to be pretty mediocre. From what I've seen of the third one though, it looks a lot better. What I basically mean is, would it still be fun without the SW name slapped on it?

earthwormadam on
  • Options
    edited September 2009
    I haven't had a chacne to buy Contra Rebirth yet, but I read somewhere that the controls are customizeable and that you can run and shoot with wiimote if you set the controls as such in the options - but I cannot confirm that (yet) as I have yet to get the game. I"ll probably/hopefully get it tomorrow. The limiting factor for me is time.

slash000 on
  • Options
    Raybies666Raybies666 Registered User regular
    edited September 2009
    I got Contra Rebirth. It's OK. I probably would have enjoyed it more if I hadn't played the shit out of Contra 3 a week earlier.

Raybies666 on
    Beat me on Wii U: Raybies
    Beat me on 360: Raybies666

I remember when I had time to be good at games.
  • Options
    Brainiac 8Brainiac 8 Don't call me Shirley... Registered User regular
    edited September 2009
    Ok guys, what's today's releases?

Brainiac 8 on
    3DS Friend Code - 1032-1293-2997
    Nintendo Network ID - Brainiac_8
    PSN - Brainiac_8
    Steam - http://steamcommunity.com/id/BRAINIAC8/
    Add me!
  • Options
    Dodge AspenDodge Aspen Registered User regular
    edited September 2009
    slash000 wrote: »
    I haven't had a chacne to buy Contra Rebirth yet, but I read somewhere that the controls are customizeable and that you can run and shoot with wiimote if you set the controls as such in the options - but I cannot confirm that (yet) as I have yet to get the game. I"ll probably/hopefully get it tomorrow. The limiting factor for me is time.

Yeah, upon further insepection, you can map anything to any button on the Wii Remote, meaning the B button or A button can be your hold button if you want.

So my brother and I tore through Contra Rebirth yesterday. We beat Easy, then Normal, and then Hard. You unlock something for beating every difficulty, including the Nightmare difficulty once you beat hard. Didn't beat Nightmare to see if that unlocks anything, though. Good game, but a bit short. I prefer Contra III and Contra IV to this, though.

So fucking hapy to hear about Castlevania Rebirth.

Dodge Aspen on
    Xbox - Dodge Mega
    Switch - SW-3699-5063-5018

• Options
    pslong9pslong9 Registered User regular
    edited September 2009
    Don't have an update yet, but according to NeoGAF, there's an updated Nintendo Channel available for download, which includes a new "records" page which shows your playtime on your games. I've been looking for something like that for awhile, and I'm glad that's finally a feature.

Dodge, about how long does it take to run through Contra Rebirth on one difficulty? 30-40 minutes?

pslong9 on
    steam_sig.png

3DS FC: 0817-3759-2788
  • Options
    LunkerLunker Registered User regular
    edited September 2009
    pslong9 wrote: »
    Don't have an update yet, but according to NeoGAF, there's an updated Nintendo Channel available for download, which includes a new "records" page which shows your playtime on your games. I've been looking for something like that for awhile, and I'm glad that's finally a feature.

Dodge, about how long does it take to run through Contra Rebirth on one difficulty? 30-40 minutes?

This sounds awesome; will download just to see what my highest times are, though they'll pale in comparison to a lot of people around here.

Did anyone else pick up NyxQuest? I finished it this past weekend, a grand total of about 2:40 for my first run but I only have about half of the hidden artifacts. I like the gradual build of powers, but seeing how engaging the back half of the game is kind of made the front half a little duller in retrospect. It left me wanting more, and the last two or three levels were wonderful ... I just wish it had more in that vein. A great little platformer, though, and worth the $10.

Lunker on
    Tweet my Face: @heyitslunker | Save money at CheapAssGamer (not an affiliate link)
  • Options
    edited September 2009
    Lunker, NyxQuest has been on my to-buy list since it came out. It's still on that list along with Contra ReBirth. I just don't know how I'm going to have time for all of this. I just started yet another new game from my back log from months ago, and I still have like 5 PC games I haven't played, including Braid. And now I'm for-sure getting Scribblenauts and Muramasa soon-ish. Can't pass up the $15 deal for Scribblenauts.

I really want to play NyxQuest. It looks so wonderful.

slash000 on
  • Options
    SteevLSteevL What can I do for you? Registered User regular
    edited September 2009
    I had a brief look at the new Wii Shop stuff, but all I remember was that there were three WiiWare games, one of which was Texas Hold'Em, as well as Crash and the Boyz, an NES game which I think was made by the same people who brought us River City Ransom, Super Dodgeball, etc.

I never played Crash, but I was always interested in it because of the other games in that series.

SteevL on
  • Options
    edited September 2009
    Contra Rebirth was about a half hour playthrough for one difficulty, if you don't die too often.

Dodge Aspen on
    Xbox - Dodge Mega

• Options
    edited September 2009
    slash000 wrote: »
    Lunker, NyxQuest has been on my to-buy list since it came out. It's still on that list along with Contra ReBirth. I just don't know how I'm going to have time for all of this. I just started yet another new game from my back log from months ago, and I still have like 5 PC games I haven't played, including Braid. And now I'm for-sure getting Scribblenauts and Muramasa soon-ish. Can't pass up the $15 deal for Scribblenauts.

I really want to play NyxQuest. It looks so wonderful.

Well, at least that's the beauty of digital distribution; it'll always be there for you when you want to pick it up. :P It's nice, but I didn't play any LostWinds so I don't know how the two compare. NyxQuest was surprisingly slow and methodical for being a platformer, save for the last level or two, which got really intense pretty quickly. It's got a great aesthetic and ambient soundtrack, though; very nicely put together. The story is really sparse and open to some interpretation, which was also a pleasant surprise.

I haven't bought a lot of the more recent WiiWare releases, so I'll likely spring for one or two once I'm done clearing out my backlog as well.

Lunker on
    Tweet my Face: @heyitslunker | Save money at CheapAssGamer (not an affiliate link)
  • Options
    TayaTaya Registered User regular
    edited September 2009
    I assume this is the Nintendo Download thread and not exclusively for the Wii....

Am I the only one who downloaded Art Academy: First Semester for the DSi? I did a search and stuff and nobody has said a word about it. I'm the only one still playing Flipnote Studio too... I'm disappointed in everyone.

I completed two lessons (four including tutorials) and made these simple yet not devastatingly terrible pictures:

A basic painting:
    HNI_0001.jpg

A pencil life drawing of a pear:
    HNI_0002.jpg

This program is pretty cool. I'll bet anyone can complete the lessons with good results.

Taya on
  • Options
    edited September 2009
    Lunker, just wanted to brag that I have every level normal and dark starred on Pictobits. :^: :D

Brainiac 8 on
    PSN - Brainiac_8
    Add me!
  • Options
    pslong9pslong9 Registered User regular
    edited September 2009
    Taya wrote: »
    awesomeness

Wow, that's pretty decent considering the quality of work I'd expect from the DS. I might have to download that.

BTW, is it bad that, according to the Nintendo Channel, the game I've spent the most time on on the Wii is My Life As A King? It's at about 76 hours, Twilight Princess is at 52, and Final Fantasy Fables: Chocobo's Dungeon was at third with 44 hours. I find it strange that a WiiWare game is my most played game.

pslong9 on
    steam_sig.png

3DS FC: 0817-3759-2788
  • Options
    edited September 2009
    http://gonintendo.com/viewstory.php?id=96946

For some reason this really makes me happy. :P

Interplay is upgrading and revamping the Clay Fighter's franchise for WiiWare/DSiWare.

I loved Clayfighters, even if it was an extremely broken fighting game. It was just charmingly silly. As long as they balance the fighting engine and add in online play, this will be a blast.

Brainiac 8 on
    PSN - Brainiac_8
    Add me!
  • Options
    edited September 2009
    I'd like to ask about the Nintendo Channel. I have the Homebrew Channel, will that affect me negatively if I download the new Nintendo Channel?

RockinX on
  • Options
    edited September 2009
    Brainiac 8 wrote: »
    Lunker, just wanted to brag that I have every level normal and dark starred on Pictobits. :^: :D

I am humbled before you! I think I was around Stage 8 or 9 on the dark stages before giving in and shelving the game for a bit, then I got sidetracked by BoxLife and haven't come back to PictoBits since then. I'll revisit and give it another go, though, in a little while.

It was mentioned briefly in the other thread I made about the Nintendo Wii/DS holiday lineups, but it mentioned WiiWare and DSiWare releases, so here:

WiiWare
    Aksys Games
    BIT.TRIP VOID - Q3
    BIT.TRIP series (3 additional titles) - Q4, Q1

Broken Rules
    And Yet It Moves - Q4

Frontier
    LostWinds: Winter of the Melodias - Q4

Gameloft
    Ghost Mansion Party - Q3
    The Oregon Trail - Q4

Ghostfire Games
    Rage of the Gladiator - Q1

Incredible Technologies
    Carnival King - Q3

Konami
    Castlevania: The Adventure Rebirth - Q3
    Frogger Returns - Q4

Nabi Studios
    Toribash - Q4

Natsume
    Moki Moki - Q3
    Harvest Moon: My Little Shop - Q4

Nicalis
    Cave Story - Q3
    Night Game - Q1
    La Mulana - Q1

NinjaBee
    The Amazing Brain Train - Q4

Nintendo
    You, Me, and the Cubes™ - Q3
    Eco Shooter: Plant 530™ - Q4

Nintendo/TPC
    Pokémon™ Rumble - Q4

Press Play
    Max & the Magic Marker - Q4

React Games
    Archon: Classic - Q1

Taito
    Arkanoid Plus! - Q3

Team Meat
    Super Meat Boy - Q1

Telltale Games
    Tales of Monkey Island™: Lair of the Leviathan - Q3
    Tales of Monkey Island™: The Trial and Execution of Guybrush Threepwood - Q4
    Tales of Monkey Island™: Rise of the Pirate God - Q4

DSiWare
    Gameloft
    Uno - Q4

Hudson Entertainment
    Bomberman Blitz - Q4

Nintendo
    Art Academy™: Second Semester - Sept. 28
    Art Style™: DIGIDRIVE™ - Q4
    Electroplankton™ (10 titles total) - Q4
    Picturebook Games™: The Royal Bluff - Q4
    Pinball Pulse: The Ancients Beckon™ - Q4
    Sparkle Snapshots™ - Q4

Subatomic Studios
    Fieldrunners - Q4

WayForward Technologies
    Shantae:Risky's Revenge - Q4

The screenshots of Shantae from next month's Nintendo Power look sick as hell.

3923373589_cd9a813da3_o.jpg

I'm also curious about You, Me and the Cubes, the Nintendo-developed WiiWare title, since I've never heard of it before.

Lunker on
  • Options
    edited September 2009
    Cave Story and Oregon Trail will be awesome. :^:

It took long enough for a Shantae sequel. It looks really good judging by the screenies.

An on the go Bomberman would be awesome if it has online play like Blast did.

Brainiac 8 on
    PSN - Brainiac_8
    Add me!
  • Options
    RainbowDespairRainbowDespair Registered User regular
    edited September 2009
    Those Shantae screenshots look fantastic. It's a shame that WayForward Technologies seems to be the only non-Nintendo company to really be delivering top notch products with DSiWare; hopefully some other companies will jump on board so I can justify replacing my old original DS.

RainbowDespair on
  • Options
    Glenn565Glenn565 Registered User regular
    edited September 2009
    RockinX wrote: »
    I'd like to ask about the Nintendo Channel. I have the Homebrew Channel, will that affect me negatively if I download the new Nintendo Channel?

I have it too and had no problems. The Homebrew Channel didn't show up in the list of my played games.

Glenn565 on
    3DS code:4511-0654-1976
    NNID: Glenn565
  • Options
    edited September 2009
    Glenn565 wrote: »
    RockinX wrote: »

I have it too and had no problems. The Homebrew Channel didn't show up in the list of my played games.

That's good to know. I don't even use it for emulators; I use it for booting my Japanese games. Iwata said that the Wii would be region free and didn't keep his promise...

RockinX on
  • Options
    edited September 2009
    I love the gamelog on the Nintendo Channel. Apparently, I played Smash Bros Brawl for more than 74 hours. Also, I played Air Zonk one time for 17 minutes and that's it. 600 points well spent I guess. That was back when I was still impulse buying every VC game that looked interesting.

Dodge Aspen on
    Xbox - Dodge Mega

• Options
    AmpixAmpix Registered User regular
    edited September 2009
    So yeah, there was a list of WiiWare releases for NA, now there's one for Europe too (it's better):

WiiWare

September

Learning with the Pooyoos Episode 1 - Lexis Numerique
    UNO - Gameloft
    Worms: Battle Islands - Team 17
    You, Me, and the Cubes - Nintendo
    Tales of Monkey Island - Chapter 2 - Telltale Games

October

LostWinds: Winter of the Melodias - Frontier
    BIT.TRIP.VOID - Aksys
    Max & The Magic Marker - Press Play
    Tales of Monkey Island - Chapter 3 - Telltale Games
    Miffy’s World - Pan Vision
    Toribash - Nabi Studios
    Cave Story - Nicalis
    Shootanto Evolutionary Mayhem - Hudson Soft
    Frogger - Konami
    Tomena Sanner - Konami
    Manic Monkey Mayhem - The Code Monkeys
    Ghost Mansion Party - Gameloft
    Dracula - Undead Awakening - Chillingo Ltd.

November

And Yet it Moves - Broken Rules
    La Mulana - Nicalis
    Military Madness: Nectaris - Hudson Soft
    Ben 10 - Konami
    Copter Crisis - Digital Leisure

December

Night Sky - Nicalis - December
    Zombie Panic in Wonderland - Akaoni Studio S.L - December
    Diner Dash - Hudson Soft - December
    Fast Draw Showdown - Digital Leisure - December

Rage of the Gladiator - Ghostfire Games
    Liight - Walljump Studios
    Lead the Meerkats - Lapland Studios
    TV Show King 2 - Gameloft
    Furry Legends - Gamelion Studios
    Hoopworld - Virtual Toys
    Pearl Harbor - Episode 1: Red Sun Rising - Legendo Entertainment AB
    Solitaire - GameOn
    Blockout - Cosmigo
    Art of Balance - Shin’en Multimedia

Early 2010

Super Meat Boy - Team Meat
    B.C.Kid: BRINK OF EXTINCTION - Hudson Soft
    Bang Bang Racing - Playbox Games
    Castlevania Rebirth - Konami
    Where’s Waldo - The Fantastic Journey - Ludia Inc.

DSiWare

September

SUDOKU - EA
    MySims Camera
    UNO - Gameloft
    Bomberman Blitz - Hudson

October

Dracula - Undead Awakening - Chillingo Ltd.
    Flight Control - Firemint
    Castle of Magic - Gameloft
    myNotebook: Red - Nnooo
    myNotebook: Green - Nnooo
    myNotebook: Blue - Nnooo
    Pop Island - Odenis Studios
    Combat of Giants: Dragons - Bronze Edition - Ubisoft
    A Little Bit of Brain Training: Arts Edition - Nintendo

November

Downtown Texas Hold ‘Em - EA
    High Stakes Texas Hold’em - Hudson Soft
    SUDOKU Sensei - Hudson Soft
    Flashlight - Kasaa solution

December

Discolight - Kasaa solution
    Super Yum Yum - Mastertronic

THE TRAVELLER - AGENIUS Interactive AS
    Alien Havoc - CREAT Studios
    Quick Pick - Dancing Dots
    Ferryman Puzzle - Engine Software
    Simply Sudoku - Engine Software
    Simply Solitaire - Engine Software
    Simply Mahjong - Engine Software
    Extreme Hangman - Gamelion Studios
    Miami Nights: Life in the Spotlight - Gameloft
    Chess & Checkers - GameOn
    Backgammon - GameOn
    Globulos Party - GlobZ
    Reflection - Konami
    The Price is Right - Ludia Inc.
    Hell’s Kitchen VS - Ludia Inc.
    Car Jack Streets - Tag Games
    Spaceball: Revolution - Virtual Toys
    VT Tennis 2010 - Virtual Toys

Early 2010
    Where’s Waldo - The Fantastic Journey - Ludia Inc.

Pretty great list, Cave Story and LostWinds both for October :D
    However, LIT is still missing, and that was supposed to have released like two months ago.

Ampix on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    edited September 2009
    http://gonintendo.com/viewstory.php?id=97000

You, Me, and the Cubes is to be released Monday.

thumb_212127_1.jpg

Brainiac 8 on
    PSN - Brainiac_8
    Add me!
  • Options
    VThornheartVThornheart Registered User regular
    edited September 2009
    Wooooot! Man, it's been a long time coming! Our game's finally coming out! We just passed the last of Nintendo's lotcheck, and it sounds like we might be getting a release date as early as October 5th! Yay! =) (Sorry, had to post my elation somewhere, this felt like the most appropriate place other than IRC =) )

VThornheart on
    3DS Friend Code: 1950-8938-9095
  • Options
    edited September 2009
    Wooooot! Man, it's been a long time coming! Our game's finally coming out! We just passed the last of Nintendo's lotcheck, and it sounds like we might be getting a release date as early as October 5th! Yay! =) (Sorry, had to post my elation somewhere, this felt like the most appropriate place other than IRC =) )

Your game? Which game?

slash000 on
  • Options
    edited September 2009
    Oh, Gravitronix! My friends had been working on it for... well, a long time. =) That was actually why I ended up moving out here to NH, to help them actually make it happen. I was trying to help from California but I just couldn't do much without access to the hardware... and my day job was collapsing around me anyways so I moved back home to NH to help make it! =) Hopefully people will find it fun! I've been keeping the people in #paforums_pax abridged about it because I hang out there and on the PAX Board a lot, but I was so excited when I found out we finally passed that I had to say something on the forums somewhere! =)=)

I'll ask my friend Jesse if I can post some of the videos here so you can take a look! Basically picture an 8 player simultaneous Warlords in a circular arena with more projectiles, physics-based effects, and a bunch of customizable options. =)

VThornheart on
  • Options
    cj iwakuracj iwakura The Rhythm Regent Bears The Name FreedomRegistered User regular
    edited September 2009
    Since we all love Sin and Punishment:

51L3MezFxlL.jpg

cj iwakura on
    wVEsyIc.png
  • Options
    edited September 2009
    baaadass cover

ours will not look like that

earthwormadam on
  • Options
    edited September 2009
    What do we have for today?

Brainiac 8 on
    PSN - Brainiac_8
    Add me!
  • Options
    Xenogears of BoreXenogears of Bore Registered User regular
    edited September 2009
    Beware of falling objects and soaring imaginations with this week's new downloadable game offerings from Nintendo. The WiiWare™ service welcomes the precarious puzzle action of You, Me, and the Cubes™ and the court-storming antics of Family Tennis. Commodore 64 favorite Last Ninja 2 arrives on the Virtual Console™, pushing players to heroic heights in a classic martial-arts adventure. Nintendo DSiWare™ users can let the chips fall where they may with Clubhouse Games™ Express: Strategy Pack or create imaginative pictures with MySims™ Camera. Another heads-up for Nintendo DSi fans: Consumers can still receive 1,000 bonus Nintendo DSi Points™ by purchasing a new Nintendo DSi™ game system and connecting to the Nintendo DSi Shop by 11:59 p.m. Pacific time on Oct. 5, 2009. For full offer details, please visit DSiOffer.Nintendo.com.

WiiWare

You, Me, and the Cubes
    Publisher: Nintendo
    Players: 1-2
    ESRB Rating: E (Everyone) - Comic Mischief
    Price: 1,000 Wii Points™
    Description: Experience a unique combination of strategy and skill as you maintain a level playing field in the physics-based action puzzler You, Me, and the Cubes. The action centers around Fallos, mysterious creatures that resemble humans and have an ability to balance on a playing field of 3-D cubes. First, create a pair of Fallos inside your Wii Remote™ controller by shaking it up and down. Next, determine suitable places for the Fallos to land, then fling them to the selected cube with a swinging motion. After that, the Fallos are on their own. If your placement is sound, the Fallos will remain stable and you'll clear the stage after tossing a required number onto the cubes. But if the weight or locations of Fallos causes the cubes to tilt and sway too much, the Fallos will lose their balance and fall off. Adding to the challenge, you'll find that some cubes have different properties, making tosses tricky and further threatening the stability of the Fallos. Guide Fallos through dozens of single-player stages or invite family and friends to join you in two-player cooperative mode.

Family Tennis
    Publisher: Aksys Games
    Players: 1-4
    ESRB Rating: E (Everyone) - Comic Mischief, Mild Suggestive Themes
    Price: 500 Wii Points
    Description: Daddy, Mommy, Sarah and Billy return for some hard-hitting, fast-paced tennis action. Battle it out between the happy family members as you vie for the top spot. Choose from three different modes: Elimination Match, Free Match and Thrilling Rally. Play against the CPU or compete with friends. Elimination Match mode pits you against the CPU to test your skills, while Free Match mode allows you to play against another player under conditions of your choosing. Thrilling Rally mode lets you join up to three other players and rally to see who can get to 100 points first.

Virtual Console

Last Ninja 2
    Original platform: Commodore 64
    Publisher: Commodore Gaming
    Players: 1
    ESRB Rating: E10+ (Everyone 10 and Older) - Mild Violence
    Price: 500 Wii Points
    Description: The ninja known as the Mystic Shadow Warriors were the elite fighting force of ninth-century feudal Japan. The evil Shogun Kunitoki was once beaten, but he has gathered all his mystic powers to create a modern-day tyranny in Manhattan. Face your archenemy Kunitoki in the urban jungle and conquer him with your ninja skills. Transported to 1988 Manhattan by an unknown force, the ninja leader Armakuni must find a way to defend himself against the unknown dangers that lie before him. Will this be the final battle? Can you vanquish the evil Kunitoki once and for all?

Nintendo DSiWare

Clubhouse Games Express: Strategy Pack
    Publisher: Nintendo
    Players: 1-8
    ESRB Rating: E (Everyone)
    Price: 500 Nintendo DSi Points
    Description: Prepare yourself for a lesson in tactics as you play through five strategy-based games in this Nintendo DSiWare version of the popular Clubhouse Games. Take on an opponent in the classic Backgammon, invade an enemy base in Field Tactics, sandwich your opponent's pieces to capture them in Turncoat, create strings of five in a row in Connect Five and guess where to attack your opponent's pieces in Grid Attack. Play by yourself or use DS Download Play to host as many as seven friends.

MySims Camera
    Publisher: Electronic Arts
    Players: 1
    Price: 200 Nintendo DSi Points
    Description: MySims Camera is a camera application that utilizes popular MySims characters. You can take photos and overlay 3-D MySims characters to bring them into the real world. The 3-D characters can be animated, moved, scaled, rotated and cropped. You can also draw on the photos with the stylus or use the stamp tool to add more art and style. Create a unique frame and save the photos to the Nintendo DSi Camera album to share with friends. MySims Camera is a fun, creative experience for the entire family.

Nintendo adds new titles to the Nintendo DSi Shop and the Wii™ Shop Channel at 9 a.m. Pacific time on Mondays. Users with broadband Internet access can redeem Wii Points or Nintendo DSi Points to download the games. Wii Points can be purchased in the Wii Shop Channel. Nintendo DSi Points can be purchased in the Nintendo DSi Shop. A Nintendo Points Card™ can be purchased at retail locations. All points from one Nintendo Points Card must be redeemed in either the Nintendo DSi Shop or the Wii Shop Channel. They are not transferable and cannot be divided between the two systems.

Remember that both Wii and Nintendo DSi feature parental controls that let adults manage the content their children can access. For more information about this and other features, visit Wii.com or NintendoDSi.com.

Xenogears of Bore on
    3DS CODE: 3093-7068-3576
  • Options
    edited September 2009
    Is it really sad that I want the MySims camera so that I can have that awesome cooky chef in a photo with me? :(

Brainiac 8 on
    PSN - Brainiac_8
    Add me!
  • Options
    edited September 2009
    Today I downloaded Contra Rebirth, Castelania 3 and Secret of Mana. Just...awesome. The whole reason I got points however, was to purchase the second Bit Trip game but then I got on the store and proceeded to act like a kid in a candy shop. I guess I'll just have to get it when I can scrounge the cash together along with that cube game that also looks cool.
    Oh, Gravitronix! My friends had been working on it for... well, a long time. =) That was actually why I ended up moving out here to NH, to help them actually make it happen. I was trying to help from California but I just couldn't do much without access to the hardware... and my day job was collapsing around me anyways so I moved back home to NH to help make it! =) Hopefully people will find it fun! I've been keeping the people in #paforums_pax abridged about it because I hang out there and on the PAX Board a lot, but I was so excited when I found out we finally passed that I had to say something on the forums somewhere! =)=)

I'll ask my friend Jesse if I can post some of the videos here so you can take a look! Basically picture an 8 player simultaneous Warlords in a circular arena with more projectiles, physics-based effects, and a bunch of customizable options. =)

I must have glazed over this before, but that sounds cool. Also I never ever see people make post about moving to NH on these boards, so I guess I can say welcome! Now get off my lawn.

earthwormadam on
  • Options
    edited September 2009
    Secret of Mana <3

Brainiac 8 on
    PSN - Brainiac_8
    Add me!
  • Options
    edited September 2009
    Today I downloaded Contra Rebirth, Castelania 3 and Secret of Mana. Just...awesome. The whole reason I got points however, was to purchase the second Bit Trip game but then I got on the store and proceeded to act like a kid in a candy shop. I guess I'll just have to get it when I can scrounge the cash together along with that cube game that also looks cool.

I must have glazed over this before, but that sounds cool. Also I never ever see people make post about moving to NH on these boards, so I guess I can say welcome! Now get off my lawn.

lol! =) Yeah, it's good to be back home in NH! =)

Also, the release date was just made official: we're coming out October 5th! My friend's putting the site live soon with the videos, he said that I'm not allowed to link them until he's got the site all uploaded and ready. =) (supposedly he's doing it tonight, so I'll link it up! =)=) )

EDIT: I was told I could post this while I was waiting for the site to get up there, but it's not working for me... I'll link it here though, hopefully someone can see it =) Let me know if your system has trouble with it too. =(

http://www.gravitronixgame.com/trailers/Gravitronix-How_to_play.mp4

VThornheart on
  • Options
    edited September 2009
    Okay, so he finally put up the site!

http://www.gravitronixgame.com/A_English/index.html

If anyone was interested in checking it out! =) We also have a bunch of movies up on Facebook:

http://www.facebook.com/home.php?#/pages/Gravitronix/136662052053

We've been getting a lot of questions about how the actual game works, which we tried to help clarify with a bit of a longer tutorial video:

http://www.facebook.com/pages/Gravitronix/136662052053#/video/video.php?v=139309463302

Let me know what you think of it, and check it out on the 5th! =)

VThornheart on
  • Options
    TelMarineTelMarine Registered User regular
    edited September 2009
    Today I downloaded Contra Rebirth, Castelania 3...

"Castelania" 3 was good, but prepared to get really frustrated. Especially Stage 7 (kind of underground caverns level).

TelMarine on
    3ds: 4983-4935-4575
  • Options
    edited September 2009
    Zombie's Ate My Neighbors has been rated by both the ESRB and OFLC for the VC.

Fans of the game rejoice, as we may be seeing it soon.

Brainiac 8 on
    PSN - Brainiac_8
    Add me!