As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

PAX Information and FAQ (OLD THREAD)

• Options
    CaptainTapoleCaptainTapole Awesome in the Possum - Yee-Haw! Northern CaliforniaRegistered User regular
    edited August 2009
    CaptainTapole on
    The Girl Who Gave Everyone the Shortest Jenga Game Ever.
  • Options
    LigerLiger Registered User regular
    edited August 2009
    Hey everyone! I got a question. Last year I did pre-register, and I picked up my badge at the actual PAX event right outside the doors to the line. This year it said you have to go to the Hyatt Hotel? I'm getting a media badge, but I have to pick it up there, but I have no idea where this hotel is. Does anyone know if they are doing it just like last year? Or if I really do have to go out and search where to pick up my badge at.

Thanks!

The Hyatt is at 7th and Pine, one block north of the sky bridge. Registration has been moved off site this year to maximize Awesome Space in the convention center. I'll be at Reg on Thursday if you come by, and in the press room Friday if you have any questions.

Liger on
    5932306549_6b4d957b56.jpg CUSTOM LANYARDS FOR PAX
  • Options
    DaveRHDaveRH Registered User regular
    edited August 2009
    DaveRH wrote: »
    DaveRH wrote: »
    How late is the will call open on Thursday / how early on Friday? We won't be getting in until around midnight - 1am on Thursday night.

Thanks,
    Dave

?

Still looking for an answer...

DaveRH on
  • Options
    Moe FwackyMoe Fwacky Right Here, Right Now Drives a BuickModerator mod
    edited August 2009
    It's open until midnight on Thursday. I might be wrong, but I think it opens up at 8am on Friday morning.

Moe Fwacky on
    E6LkoFK.png

• Options
    BigRedBigRed Seattle, WARegistered User regular
    edited August 2009
    Moe Fwacky wrote: »
    It's open until midnight on Thursday. I might be wrong, but I think it opens up at 8am on Friday morning.

its open until 10pm on thursday, at least for byoc stuff.

Edit:
    appears to have been finalized @ 8pm.

BigRed on
    <MoeFwacky> besides, BigRed-Worky is right
  • Options
    LayingPipeLayingPipe Registered User new member
    edited August 2009
    hi has anyone tried the Mexican food restaurant on the I-90 in between spokane and seattle? i was thinking of trying it on the way back from Seattle just in case just because this restaurant looks like it has the potential to ruin my life for a couple weeks.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/layingpipe/3839131836/

LayingPipe on
  • Options
    Moe FwackyMoe Fwacky Right Here, Right Now Drives a BuickModerator mod
    edited August 2009
    There's a lot of I-90 between spokane and seattle, you're going to have to get a lot more specific.

Moe Fwacky on
    E6LkoFK.png

• Options
    tehshadowtehshadow Registered User regular
    edited August 2009
    LayingPipe wrote: »
    hi has anyone tried the Mexican food restaurant on the I-90 in between spokane and seattle? i was thinking of trying it on the way back from Seattle just in case just because this restaurant looks like it has the potential to ruin my life for a couple weeks.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/layingpipe/3839131836/

Due to some experiences with sketchy restaurants i would avoid it. I can't feel but you are joking though, that place looks terrible.

tehshadow on
  • Options
    edited August 2009
    There's a lot of I-90 between spokane and seattle, you're going to have to get a lot more specific.

its the restaurant in the picture. across the street from a gas station don't know the exact mile marker closer to the Seattle side I'm pretty sure.

LayingPipe on
  • Options
    edited August 2009
    BigRed wrote: »

its open until 10pm on thursday.

do you know the restaurant i'm talking about? have you eaten there?

LayingPipe on
  • Options
    edited August 2009
    Im refering to willcall... not some crappy restaurant in the middle of nowhere :P

BigRed on
  • Options
    dyaballikldyaballikl PAX Main Theatre House & Security Manager • PAX Community Cartographer Gold Coast QLD AustraliaRegistered User regular
    edited August 2009
    Falonar wrote: »
    Ozzimo wrote: »
    well I would first check the order confirmation e-mail and see how much they ended up charging you. If you only got charged for one, then lucky you!.

Now if you didn't have someone to give this too, a great thing would be to somehow give it away to someone on the forums. As you got it for free, giving it for free sounds just as good. :)

Or if you felt like making money off of it you could hit up the "need a ticket" thread.

Double checked the confirmation and was, indeed, only charged for 1 ticket. Maybe I can hold some kind of competition for the ticket. Fight to the death perhaps.

do what i'm going to do with the refund for my pass (since i'm not charged for admission now):
    buy amazing bracelets for a great cause!

dyaballikl on
    a.k.a. dya
    "Riding a mongoose reminds me of having sex with a man, which is something I do frequently because I am gay!" -Gabe
  • Options
    edited August 2009
    Thanks!

DaveRH on
  • Options
    Qs23Qs23 Registered User regular
    edited August 2009
    Liger wrote: »
    Hey everyone! I got a question. Last year I did pre-register, and I picked up my badge at the actual PAX event right outside the doors to the line. This year it said you have to go to the Hyatt Hotel? I'm getting a media badge, but I have to pick it up there, but I have no idea where this hotel is. Does anyone know if they are doing it just like last year? Or if I really do have to go out and search where to pick up my badge at.

Thanks!

The Hyatt is at 7th and Pine, one block north of the sky bridge. Registration has been moved off site this year to maximize Awesome Space in the convention center. I'll be at Reg on Thursday if you come by, and in the press room Friday if you have any questions.

Dammit, Liger's going to be at the ONE place I CAN'T go this year? Just my luck...

Qs23 on
    PASig.gif
  • Options
    David CoffmanDavid Coffman Registered User, PAX Staff regular
    edited August 2009
    Will Call / Registration will be open Thursday from 12:00pm until 8:00pm, then it'll open again Friday morning at 8:00am.

David Coffman on
  • Options
    FalonarFalonar Registered User regular
    edited August 2009
    dyaballikl wrote: »
    Falonar wrote: »
    Ozzimo wrote: »
    well I would first check the order confirmation e-mail and see how much they ended up charging you. If you only got charged for one, then lucky you!.

Now if you didn't have someone to give this too, a great thing would be to somehow give it away to someone on the forums. As you got it for free, giving it for free sounds just as good. :)

Or if you felt like making money off of it you could hit up the "need a ticket" thread.

Double checked the confirmation and was, indeed, only charged for 1 ticket. Maybe I can hold some kind of competition for the ticket. Fight to the death perhaps.

do what i'm going to do with the refund for my pass (since i'm not charged for admission now):
    buy amazing bracelets for a great cause!

Those actually look pretty sweet. Might buy one. But I have given my extra ticket to my unemployed friend who desperately wanted to go. So all is good!

Falonar on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    mrcheesermrcheeser Registered User new member
    edited August 2009
    So I was booking the tickets for all the people in the group thats going and without thinking put down my friends nick name as the name on the ticket, now his legal name is some long indian thing so we have a much shorter name. Do they need id when picking up the passes or do you just need the print out? All the tickets were booked under my name so would me having my id be good enough?

mrcheeser on
  • Options
    edited August 2009
    DiscoDave wrote: »
    Will Call / Registration will be open Thursday from 12:00pm until 8:00pm, then it'll open again Friday morning at 8:00am.

8pm? My info says 10pm...

RE: Shady Mexican Restaurant -- There is about 200-300 miles of freeway between Spokane and Seattle. To say "this place" and post a vague picture really doesn't help. There are a LOT of mexi stands that look similar to that pic in Eastern Washington.

In my experience, I say don't trust a Mexican eatery on that side of the state unless it has 4 wheels and an engine.

Liger on
  • Options
    edited August 2009
    The badges themselves will not have your names printed on them. Your confirmation should have a barcode to print out. Bring that with you to pick up your badges at Registration. ID would be handy too, considering it's always good to have photo ID on you. ;)

Liger on
  • Options
    JaguarCROJaguarCRO Registered User new member
    edited August 2009
    Is there a place on site that I will be able to check in a small bag (as we will coming straight from the airport to the show) on Friday morning?

JaguarCRO on
  • Options
    parabolaparabola Registered User regular
    edited August 2009
    Will Call within the hotel this year is awesome.

parabola on
  • Options
    edited August 2009
    JaguarCRO wrote: »
    Is there a place on site that I will be able to check in a small bag (as we will coming straight from the airport to the show) on Friday morning?

There is no Goat Check. If you can, leave your bags at your hotel.

Liger on
  • Options
    SovietMudkipzSovietMudkipz Registered User regular
    edited August 2009
    Is "Medium in the Massage" likely to have an autograph signing?

It's going to suck having to choose between the TF2 tourney and getting Tim Schaefer's autograph.

SovietMudkipz on
    camo_sig.png
  • Options
    Cerrato0426Cerrato0426 Registered User regular
    edited August 2009
    I have one friend who decided to try and come with my group last minute but 3-day passes sold out! Will there be any at-the-door 3-day passes sold or is he stuck getting 1-day passes? Thanks

Cerrato0426 on
  • Options
    CaptainTapoleCaptainTapole Awesome in the Possum - Yee-Haw! Northern CaliforniaRegistered User regular
    edited August 2009
    Will there be any at-the-door 3-day passes sold or is he stuck getting 1-day passes?

Check to see if someone is still selling their 3-Day passes here.

CaptainTapole on
    The Girl Who Gave Everyone the Shortest Jenga Game Ever.
  • Options
    Cerrato0426Cerrato0426 Registered User regular
    edited August 2009
    Check to see if someone is still selling their 3-Day passes here.

Thanks, I just threw a request up there.

Cerrato0426 on
  • Options
    edited August 2009
    wont be any 3 day passes at the door

BigRed on
  • Options
    JediknightkarlJediknightkarl Registered User regular
    edited August 2009
    So do they give out the bracelets at the entrances to the first 4000?

Jediknightkarl on
    damn...bit my tongue....i hate that.
  • Options
    ASimPersonASimPerson Cold... and hard.Registered User regular
    edited August 2009
    So do they give out the bracelets at the entrances to the first 4000?

More accurately, to the people waiting in line each morning, but pretty much yeah.

ASimPerson on
  • Options
    hugemarginoferrhugemarginoferr Registered User regular
    edited August 2009
    FoR the VeTerans....

How early do people stand in line before the gates open? I.E. like for Dealer merch and stuff on friday.

Directly from the letter received with the badges...
    If you arrive before the show hours, you will be directed to the queue room on level 4 (room 4B). We won't be letting anyone enter before 8AM, so please don't show up before then.

{/raise hand} Con Noob here! Gomen... m(_)m
    I was kind of under the impression of lines and stuff... so if there wont be any I wont have to worry :mrgreen: I can sleep in longer HORAY!:zzz:

PS is the queus room usually crowded?

hugemarginoferr on
  • Options
    ErikOnFireErikOnFire Registered User regular
    edited August 2009
    This may be a dumb question, but for the concert is it stand up or are there chairs?

ErikOnFire on
  • Options
    GPIA7RGPIA7R Registered User regular
    edited August 2009
    If I had to guess, I would say it's probably like any other concert.... in which there are chairs, but no one sits down.

GPIA7R on
  • Options
    edited August 2009
    FoR the VeTerans....

How early do people stand in line before the gates open? I.E. like for Dealer merch and stuff on friday.

Directly from the letter received with the badges...
    If you arrive before the show hours, you will be directed to the queue room on level 4 (room 4B). We won't be letting anyone enter before 8AM, so please don't show up before then.

{/raise hand} Con Noob here! Gomen... m(_)m
    I was kind of under the impression of lines and stuff... so if there wont be any I wont have to worry :mrgreen: I can sleep in longer HORAY!:zzz:

PS is the queus room usually crowded?

Uh there will be lots of Lines at pax... Yes the queue rume will have a line for every main theater event & pax opening
    ErikOnFire wrote: »
    This may be a dumb question, but for the concert is it stand up or are there chairs?

standing only, no chairs

BigRed on
  • Options
    RapH8terRapH8ter Registered User new member
    edited August 2009
    I just recently saw that pre-registration 3-day passes are completely sold out. Is the 3-day passes going to be available at the door by the time PAX '09 launches?

EDIT: Is there also anyway I can contact any form of customer service regarding pre-registration ticket purchasing? I'm supposed to receive the tickets by the mail since I've pre-registered but I haven't gotten them yet.

RapH8ter on
  • Options
    SlickShughesSlickShughes Registered User regular
    edited August 2009
    RapH8ter wrote: »
    I just recently saw that pre-registration 3-day passes are completely sold out. Is the 3-day passes going to be available at the door by the time PAX '09 launches?

Nope, sorry.

SlickShughes on
  • Options
    edited August 2009
    RE: Concerts --- There are a few rows of chairs set up in the back of the theater. Anything close to the stage is standing up.

RE: 3-Day Passes --- They are SOLD OUT. They will only be available for Will-Call at Registration. As of last night (according to Twitter) there are still a handful of single-day passes left for sale. For badges eaten by the mail, my GUESS would be to print out your confirmation barcode and take it to Registration.

Liger on
  • Options
    PunkJrPunkJr Decepticon Infiltrator Seattle, WARegistered User regular
    edited August 2009
    You can always check the "need a ticket/have a ticket" thread for people looking for a home for their passes that they don't need anymore.

PunkJr on
    daaeZs9.png
    PunkJr
    Pirate, Stormtrooper, Decepticon
    Yes, my middle name really is MEGATRON
    Former Ravenclaw Death Eaters Head of House
  • Options
    edited August 2009
    Liger wrote: »
    JaguarCRO wrote: »

There is no Goat Check. If you can, leave your bags at your hotel.

DAMMIT I can't bring my Goat anywhere. :(

DaveRH on
  • Options
    edited August 2009
    Boats and Moats arent allowed either.

BigRed on
  • Options
    kornkid52kornkid52 Registered User new member
    edited August 2009
    im new to PAX i have 2 q's will there be tickets at door