As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

PAX Information and FAQ (OLD THREAD)

• Options
    David CoffmanDavid Coffman Registered User, PAX Staff regular
    edited August 2009
    Liger wrote: »
    DiscoDave wrote: »
    Will Call / Registration will be open Thursday from 12:00pm until 8:00pm, then it'll open again Friday morning at 8:00am.

8pm? My info says 10pm...
    We've sort of moved it around a bit.

Will Call / Registration will now be open until 11:00pm on Thursday.

David Coffman on
  • Options
    SmallLadySmallLady Registered User regular
    edited August 2009
    Will Call / Registration will be open Thursday from 12:00pm until 8:00pm, then it'll open again Friday morning at 8:00am.

Make up your MINDS people!!

:evil:

SmallLady on
    "we're just doing what smalllady told us to do" - @Heels
  • Options
    FerquinFerquin Snorlax Renton, WA, USARegistered User regular
    edited August 2009
    Upthorn wrote: »
    This is page 8 of the thread you linked that you think the question should go in...
    My bad. Weird. I could've sworn there was a seperate thread about geek movies... <.< >.>

Ferquin on
    Ferquin N.C. Root
  • Options
    GohoogGohoog Registered User new member
    edited August 2009

Ok I can deal with that but I won't have any problems with picking up my badge?

Gohoog on
  • Options
    David CoffmanDavid Coffman Registered User, PAX Staff regular
    edited August 2009
    Yea, you'll be okay. =)

Bring what you've got, though!

David Coffman on
  • Options
    dragon keeper xdragon keeper x Registered User regular
    edited August 2009
    does anyone have a list of playable demos that will be there this year? seems like every year we have gotten a list some how.

anyone?

dragon keeper x on
    Max sig size: 500x80px <3 Moe
    sig_dragonx.jpg
  • Options
    Slipstream0Slipstream0 Registered User regular
    edited August 2009
    What is parking like near the convention? is there a fee?

Slipstream0 on
  • Options
    whypick1whypick1 PAX [E] Info Booth Manager ~2' from an LCDRegistered User regular
    edited August 2009
    Parking comes down to two options:

Garages - Plenty of them in the area, but expensive
    Street parking - Good luck with that. Free on Sunday and after 6 (7?) at least.

whypick1 on
    Is it PAX <insert nearest future PAX here> yet?
  • Options
    DreamwriterDreamwriter Registered User regular
    edited August 2009
    Most definitely. Expect to pay $10-$20 a day, depending on which parking garage you use and how late you stay parked. And with as many folks as we have this year, you probably shouldn't expect to find parking at the convention center itself. Luckily, being downtown there are tons of parking garages all over. There is street parking, but that's only for 2 hours (then you have to move to another parking spot).

Dreamwriter on
  • Options
    edited August 2009
    thanks for the info. The guy my group put in charge for hotels got us one nice and early, but waaaaaay too far to walk to the convention from, so were kinda stuck parking somewhere downtown.

Slipstream0 on
  • Options
    wilrich25wilrich25 Registered User new member
    edited August 2009
    I have a question, why is freezepop not only back this year, but also legally allowed to perform (I saw all the DS Picto Chat last year... nuff said) so how did they not only get an encore yesteryear but are back to tear out our eardrums again this year??

wilrich25 on
    Leader of the "N00b coup"
  • Options
    spinal77spinal77 Registered User regular
    edited August 2009
    wilrich25 wrote: »
    I have a question, why is freezepop not only back this year, but also legally allowed to perform (I saw all the DS Picto Chat last year... nuff said) so how did they not only get an encore yesteryear but are back to tear out our eardrums again this year??

Because Freezepop i s awesome?

spinal77 on
    fs_lastplayed.png
  • Options
    DreamwriterDreamwriter Registered User regular
    edited August 2009
    thanks for the info. The guy my group put in charge for hotels got us one nice and early, but waaaaaay too far to walk to the convention from, so were kinda stuck parking somewhere downtown.

Is your hotel somewhere in downtown still? There is a ride-free-area for the busses...

Dreamwriter on
  • Options
    ThranxThranx Registered User regular
    edited August 2009
    (I read both this FAQ and the main site faq and searched, but no... I have not read all 9 pages of posts in this thread)

My buddy had his badge mailed to my house, but I recieved mine 2 weeks ago and his has yet to arrive. It's possible the silly mail man said "No one with that last name lives here..." and didn't deliver it. That tends to happen alot.

What can we do to make sure my friend can get in/get his badge?

Any ideas? Not really a number I can call I'm guessing.

Thranx on
  • Options
    DTA MoonDawgDTA MoonDawg Registered User new member
    edited August 2009
    Hey all,

I just had a quick question about PAX. Okay, so my badge is sitting in my kitchen, my hotel is booked, and I have my plane tickets. However, I recently thought of something that I thought I should ask.

Okay, so first off, I am sixteen. My folks are dropping me off, and I plan on meeting some friends from Halo to tour around the convention. I know that's okay. My question is regarding the demo games' ESRB ratings.

Let's say I want to play some Halo 3: ODST Firefight at the Xbox booth. Would I be allowed to do that? Or would I need a parent with me to prove I am allowed to play an M rated game?

If someone could shed some light on this, it would be greatly appreciated! Thank you!

DTA MoonDawg on
  • Options
    Jules@Party934.comJules@Party934.com Registered User regular
    edited August 2009
    bring ID with DOB or however you buy games, go to the theater etc in Americaland?

Jules@Party934.com on
  • Options
    Moe FwackyMoe Fwacky Right Here, Right Now Drives a BuickModerator mod
    edited August 2009
    Technically, at 16 you aren't allowed to play M rated games (17+), and from what I've heard the exhibitors follow the ESRB, so that's a pretty good chance that you won't be able to play said games.

Moe Fwacky on
    E6LkoFK.png

• Options
    edited August 2009

Is your hotel somewhere in downtown still? There is a ride-free-area for the busses...

Sadly, no :( its down near the airport. I'v heard the lightrail is working near there, but on their website they said it closes at 11 or something, which is no good since I dont plan on leaving till closing time each night.

Slipstream0 on
  • Options
    JaXboxChickJaXboxChick Registered User new member
    edited August 2009
    Hey all,

I just had a quick question about PAX. Okay, so my badge is sitting in my kitchen, my hotel is booked, and I have my plane tickets. However, I recently thought of something that I thought I should ask.

Okay, so first off, I am sixteen. My folks are dropping me off, and I plan on meeting some friends from Halo to tour around the convention. I know that's okay. My question is regarding the demo games' ESRB ratings.

Let's say I want to play some Halo 3: ODST Firefight at the Xbox booth. Would I be allowed to do that? Or would I need a parent with me to prove I am allowed to play an M rated game?

If someone could shed some light on this, it would be greatly appreciated! Thank you!

LOL Find me! I'll pretend to be your Mom for the weekend...hahaha. That might sound creepy...hmmm. I'll be with the Sarcastic Gamer crew!

JaXboxChick on
  • Options
    LigerLiger Registered User regular
    edited August 2009
    Hey all,

Bring your ID. It is up to the exhibitors to enforce ESRB on their games, so unless they ask for your age you don't need to bring it up.

Oh, and ODST is Very, very fun. :D

Liger on
    5932306549_6b4d957b56.jpg CUSTOM LANYARDS FOR PAX
  • Options
    ToemanToeman Registered User regular
    edited August 2009
    Whats the deal with the panels and discussions? is it first come first serve? If someone could fill me in that would be great. :P

Toeman on
  • Options
    whypick1whypick1 PAX [E] Info Booth Manager ~2' from an LCDRegistered User regular
    edited August 2009
    Yep. Usually there will be lines, and they'll pack 'em in until space runs out.

whypick1 on
    Is it PAX <insert nearest future PAX here> yet?
  • Options
    BigRedBigRed Seattle, WARegistered User regular
    edited August 2009
    If you want to see something expect to have to line up for it just as the previous event in that theater starts. If you try to line up any earlier you will probably be shooed away by the theater people

BigRed on
    <MoeFwacky> besides, BigRed-Worky is right
  • Options
    ToemanToeman Registered User regular
    edited August 2009
    Alright, thanks guys for your help! :)

Toeman on
  • Options
    Monolith1Monolith1 Registered User regular
    edited August 2009
    I ordered my 3 day pass on the 7th but it hasn't arrived yet. If I don't get it in the mail will I be able to pick it up at will call instead? Or is that only for people who ordered after the 15th?

Monolith1 on
  • Options
    Tetsuwan AtomTetsuwan Atom Registered User regular
    edited August 2009
    So hey guys, I'm super excited for PAX, but I haven't bought a ticket yet because I don't have a credit card. So the question is, am I going to be able to buy a ticket (for Friday) on that same day just outside of where the show is taking place? This is the first time that I'm staying in Seattle during this season so I don't wanna miss the event.

Thanks. :mrgreen:

Tetsuwan Atom on
  • Options
    edited August 2009
    This should be on the FAQ

but to answer before Moe moves it

PRE BUY YOUR TICKET!!!

All Saturday tickets ARE SOLD OUT!

All 3 day passes ARE SOLD OUT!

Jules@Party934.com on
  • Options
    edited August 2009
    This should be on the FAQ

but to answer before Moe moves it

PRE BUY YOUR TICKET!!!

All Saturday tickets ARE SOLD OUT!

All 3 day passes ARE SOLD OUT!

Can I pre-buy a ticket even if I don't have a credit/debit card?

Tetsuwan Atom on
  • Options
    edited August 2009
    I believe it is CC only for pre-purchase

Jules@Party934.com on
  • Options
    TeknotronicTeknotronic Registered User regular
    edited August 2009
    Go buy a prepaid MC or Visa, problem solved :-)

Teknotronic on
  • Options
    edited August 2009
    Go buy a prepaid MC or Visa, problem solved :-)

You can buy prepaid VISA cards? *Mind explodes*

Tetsuwan Atom on
  • Options
    edited August 2009
    Yes

At places like 7-11, MoneyMart (don't know if MM is only Canadian) umm and a few other places

Jules@Party934.com on
  • Options
    edited August 2009
    Also check with your local banks, alot of banks sell them too. Also if you have any stores with a coinstar machine in them, and you have some change to take in, you can put all the change on a prepaid MC/Visa. Minus whatever fee they take.

Teknotronic on
  • Options
    edited August 2009
    Great, what are the prices of the prepaid cards ($25, $50)?

Tetsuwan Atom on
  • Options
    ashridahashridah Registered User regular
    edited August 2009
    Great, what are the prices of the prepaid cards ($25, $50)?

I'm not certain, but i think you can put any amount on them at the cash register when buying it, just likea gift card.

ashridah on
  • Options
    edited August 2009
    When you buy them at a card kiosk (many diff gift cards for diff places in one area) they are set amounts. $10 $25 $50 usually.

The ones you buy at the banks you fill with whatever you want to put on them, minus a fee.

Teknotronic on
  • Options
    edited August 2009
    Nice. Thanks for the help (I hope I can buy a ticket now!)

Tetsuwan Atom on
  • Options
    Wifout TeefWifout Teef Registered User regular
    edited August 2009
    I bought my 3 day pass a while back and my BYOC pass as well.

My sister and my dad have not been able to get one because they're sold out.

I'm 14 so I kinda need one of them to come with me.

Is there any way to get another 3 day pass or 2 if possible? I really need it. Or at least 3 one day passes for each day.

Wifout Teef on
  • Options
    Moe FwackyMoe Fwacky Right Here, Right Now Drives a BuickModerator mod
    edited August 2009
    You can try your luck in this thread
    http://forums.penny-arcade.com/showthread.php?t=95428

Moe Fwacky on
    E6LkoFK.png

• Options
    Monolith1Monolith1 Registered User regular
    edited August 2009
    Monolith1 wrote: »
    I ordered my 3 day pass on the 7th but it hasn't arrived yet. If I don't get it in the mail will I be able to pick it up at will call instead? Or is that only for people who ordered after the 15th?

Anyone? This has really been worrying me.

Monolith1 on
This discussion has been closed.