Options

[WoW] Chataclysm

• Options
    deadlydoritodeadlydorito __BANNED USERS regular
    edited August 2009
    Bikkstah wrote: »
    World of Warcraft: The Revenge of Deathwing.

Yes. Perfect.

I hope you don't work in marketing.

Wrath of the Lich King is fine and dandy but The Revenge of Deathwing is somehow chopped liver? Heh, whatever.

And no, I don't work in marketing. I honestly came up with that title off the top of my head just now. But ya know, that doesn't mean Cataclysm isn't a terrible title.

World of warcraft, wrath of the lich king.

It has some alliteration going with the W and R sounds, lich king rhymes slightly. Wrath is also a cool word compared to revenge. Revenge simply sounds like deathwing is going to RAWR POKE YOU BACK. But wrath sounds like the lich king is going to rape your babies, put them in a blender, feed them to the mother.

deadlydorito on
  • Options
    BikkstahBikkstah Registered User regular
    edited August 2009
    oh fuck, the dude doing orc male killed it

Bikkstah on
  • Options
    Prof. AwesomeProf. Awesome Registered User regular
    edited August 2009
    Delta Assault, I think this place might be more up your alley.

Prof. Awesome on
  • Options
    Delta AssaultDelta Assault Registered User regular
    edited August 2009
    Variable wrote: »
    I don't even mind that you hate it but for that to be the line you draw for an entire company I find to be a little odd.

Well, it was that, and also the remodeled Azeroth thing. A fine deed, but something I find more appropriate in a content patch then a full priced expansion. Maybe I'm just an odd fella. *shrug*

Anyways, thanks for not minding that I hate it. You're a cool dude.

Delta Assault on
  • Options
    edited August 2009
    They're changing every zone on Azeroth and adding 7 new zones. That's twice the content as in Lich King.

Bikkstah on
  • Options
    LarsLars Registered User regular
    edited August 2009
    So the leak talked about Azshara and flooding (specifically coastlines and Thousand Needles), but the only flooding I've seen so far is with lava. And Azshara isn't anywhere except on a page at Blizzard's site talking about major players.

So...think this expansion will also be setting up the next expansion for Azshara to be the villain, or she'll serve the Yogg-Saron role in this expansion and be patched in sometime between release and Deathwing? Azshara could probably cover an expansion by herself (as in, be the main villain of one), though it'd pretty much have to be combined with Emerald Dream content since this expansion is taking some of the stuff that people presumed would be Maelstrom content (though Broken Isles, Kul'Tiras, and possibly Kezan are all still available apparently).

Lars on
  • Options
    ArkanArkan Registered User regular
    edited August 2009
    Completely redoing Azeroth probably took as much effort, if not more effort, than creating Northrend.

There are a lot of blank spaces on the map they had to fill in and a lot of places that use optical illusions/forced perspective that only works from the ground that they had to change in order for flying to work, and that's not counting all the added lava-chasm-hellish-terrain stuff they added.

Arkan on
    Big, honkin' pile of WoW characters
    I think it's hard for someone not to rage at mario kart, while shouting "Fuck you Donkey Kong. Whose dick did you suck to get all those red shells?"
  • Options
    edited August 2009
    Lars wrote: »
    So the leak talked about Azshara and flooding (specifically coastlines and Thousand Needles), but the only flooding I've seen so far is with lava. And Azshara isn't anywhere except on a page at Blizzard's site talking about major players.

So...think this expansion will also be setting up the next expansion for Azshara to be the villain, or she'll serve the Yogg-Saron role in this expansion and be patched in sometime between release and Deathwing? Azshara could probably cover an expansion by herself (as in, be the main villain of one), though it'd pretty much have to be combined with Emerald Dream content since this expansion is taking some of the stuff that people presumed would be Maelstrom content (though Broken Isles, Kul'Tiras, and possibly Kezan are all still available apparently).

They said there is a raid dungeon off Vashj'ir called the Abyssal Maw.

Bikkstah on
  • Options
    shosarshosar Registered User regular
    edited August 2009
    WoW, DirectTV doesn't even finish up the contests, they just shut down in the middle.

shosar on
  • Options
    Racist JokeRacist Joke Registered User regular
    edited August 2009
    I just like that once the xpac is out, the map will finally be complete. No more empty zones. A nice closure to it.

Racist Joke on
    Steam
    Xbox Live: Kunohara
  • Options
    Der Waffle MousDer Waffle Mous Blame this on the misfortune of your birth. New Yark, New Yark.Registered User regular
    edited August 2009
    Considering you don't actually need the expansion to use it, it is patch content.

Der Waffle Mous on
    Steam PSN: DerWaffleMous Origin: DerWaffleMous Bnet: DerWaffle#1682
  • Options
    Prof. AwesomeProf. Awesome Registered User regular
    edited August 2009
    Arkan wrote: »
    optical illusions/forced perspective
    I'm interested in that, can you name some examples?

Prof. Awesome on
  • Options
    ArrathArrath Registered User regular
    edited August 2009

The Stormwind and Orgimmar skylines are the best examples I can think of.

Arrath on
  • Options
    SabreMauSabreMau ネトゲしよう 판다리아Registered User regular
    edited August 2009
    World of Warcraft: Deathwing Huey and the Gooey Kablooie.

SabreMau on
  • Options
    SeptusSeptus Registered User regular
    edited August 2009
    Considering you don't actually need the expansion to use it, it is patch content.

I didn't even think about that. That's really awesome that everyone else(but who wouldn't buy the expansion?) would get all the Azeroth stuff for free.

Septus on
    PSN: Kurahoshi1
  • Options
    edited August 2009
    Oh damn... there's gonna be Heroic Van Cleef? Okay, fuck the lame name... I'm back on board. THIS IS GOING TO BE AWESOME.

Delta Assault on
  • Options
    ArkanArkan Registered User regular
    edited August 2009

-Stormwind. The tall spires that you see from outside don't actually exist once you get inside; if you could hover above the front of stormwind and peek over the wall, you'd see a giant blank space with the top half of a castle floating above it (you can see this sometimes if you zoom your camera out all the way and angle it right as you're coming in on the flightpath). This saves rendering power, since you don't render any part of the inside of the city until you're actually inside the gates.

-Undercity. Wondering what the surface of lordaeron is like ruined? Stop wondering, nothing is back there; like Stormwind, there's just a big empty void.

-Stratholme. Same deal as stormwind/undercity: the top halves of some buildings hovering above blank space.

-Ahn'qiraj. Same deal as above, but there's also a ton of half-finished crap behind the instance portal area that was never implemented- blizzard decided to make the AQ content into a raid instead and just left all the original exterior-world content in place.

-The mountains between virtually every zone that flightpaths do not pass above are blank and sometimes have aberrant geometry where mountains of two different height meet.

-There's a huge unfinished area in the mountains above Ironforge, including a tunnel that ends halfway through - if you walk off it you fall through the world and die.

There's a few others but I can't think of them off the top of my head; suffice to say that anytime you see some big, cool thing in the mountains or whatever above you, it probably isn't actually there, isn't the size you think it is, or is missing part of its bottom where you can't see; and most of the major cities use rendering tricks so your framerate doesn't tank when you're outside them.

Arkan on
    Big, honkin' pile of WoW characters
    I think it's hard for someone not to rage at mario kart, while shouting "Fuck you Donkey Kong. Whose dick did you suck to get all those red shells?"
  • Options
    SabreMauSabreMau ネトゲしよう 판다리아Registered User regular
    edited August 2009
    Wonder if there'll be stuff to do at the Ironforge Airport.

SabreMau on
  • Options
    JJJJ DailyStormer Registered User regular
    edited August 2009
    World of Warcraft: Deathwing 2: Electric Boogaloo

JJ on
  • Options
    Racist JokeRacist Joke Registered User regular
    edited August 2009
    SabreMau wrote: »
    Wonder if there'll be stuff to do at the Ironforge Airport.

Or the dancing troll village. I never thought about the hard to reach places. I hope they use em.

Racist Joke on
    Steam
    Xbox Live: Kunohara
  • Options
    edited August 2009
    Awww, the dancing troll village was the most impressive locale to reach, for me anyways. It's gonna suck to just have people flying down to it now.

Delta Assault on
  • Options
    SyphonBlueSyphonBlue The studying beaver That beaver sure loves studying!Registered User regular
    edited August 2009
    Variable wrote: »
    I don't even mind that you hate it but for that to be the line you draw for an entire company I find to be a little odd.

Well, it was that, and also the remodeled Azeroth thing. A fine deed, but something I find more appropriate in a content patch then a full priced expansion. Maybe I'm just an odd fella. *shrug*

Anyways, thanks for not minding that I hate it. You're a cool dude.

I'm sorry, but completely re-doing the entire world is patch content?!

SyphonBlue on
    LxX6eco.jpg
    PSN/Steam/NNID: SyphonBlue | BNet: SyphonBlue#1126
  • Options
    EvilBadmanEvilBadman DO NOT TRUST THIS MAN Registered User regular
    edited August 2009
    Awww, the dancing troll village was the most impressive locale to reach, for me anyways. It's gonna suck to just have people flying down to it now.

Quest Hub, imo.

Also: Deepholme needs Deepcrows.

EvilBadman on
    FyreWulff wrote: »
    I should note that Badman is fucking awesome
    XBL- Evil Badman; Steam- EvilBadman; Twitter - EvilBadman
  • Options
    Salvation122Salvation122 Registered User regular
    edited August 2009
    What the fuck itemization changes

what the fuck

Salvation122 on
  • Options
    JJJJ DailyStormer Registered User regular
    edited August 2009
    World of Warcraft: Deathwing with a Vengeance

JJ on
  • Options
    WassermeloneWassermelone Registered User regular
    edited August 2009

No, its going to be great, because you can fly down to it now.

Wassermelone on
  • Options
    edited August 2009
    The stream site is now playing lounge music.

Bikkstah on
  • Options
    ArrathArrath Registered User regular
    edited August 2009

No, its going to be great, because you can fly down to it now.

Except that it'll be overrun by fire elementals, have a lava chasm down the center and be a big bummer to be around.

Arrath on
  • Options
    OptyOpty Registered User regular
    edited August 2009
    SyphonBlue wrote: »
    It is: it's free for everyone. You only need the expansion for the new races, zones, and levels.

Opty on
  • Options
    SyphonBlueSyphonBlue The studying beaver That beaver sure loves studying!Registered User regular
    edited August 2009
    Opty wrote: »
    SyphonBlue wrote: »
    It is: it's free for everyone. You only need the expansion for the new races, zones, and levels.

oh shi-

SyphonBlue on
    LxX6eco.jpg
  • Options
    Undead ScottsmanUndead Scottsman Registered User regular
    edited August 2009
    SabreMau wrote: »
    Ed321 wrote: »
    I don't think you people fully understand the terrifying new opportunities for furry art that have been unleashed with this announcement.

I am dreading the worgen for this very reason.

There's been worgen furry art for years, though.
    KiTA wrote: »
    Zerokku wrote: »
    So.. how are they retconning their lore to explain Nelf Mages,

Highborne?

That's.. ok. But Dward Shamans and Tauren Paladins? I was about to resub to check out WotLK, but this shit absolutely perplexes.

They haven't added the lore for Dwarven Shamans, but on the PTR (patch 3.2.2) there are a few Tauren openly questioning Druidism ("Moon") vs a mostly forgotten "Sun" (aka, The Light, Priest/Pally) aspect of their faith.

Where's the gnomish priest lore?

"Any sufficiently analyzed magic is indistinguishable from science!"

The light cleanses radiation sickness and fallout.

Undead Scottsman on
  • Options
    edited August 2009
    The light cleanses radiation sickness and fallout.
    There's gnome priests/healers in the safe zone in Gnomeregan, maybe it was a holy bomb they nuked the place with.

Opty on
  • Options
    shosarshosar Registered User regular
    edited August 2009
    The stream site is now playing lounge music.

Yeah, DirectTV ended their broadcast. RayV is still doing what they're supposed to, they're rebroadcasting the DirectTV feed, but for some reason DirectTV decided they don't need to show the whole thing.

shosar on
  • Options
    StericaSterica Yes Registered User, Moderator mod
    edited August 2009
    Blizzard has no ideas. It's pretty obvious they're just Deathwingin' it.

Sterica on
    YL9WnCY.png
  • Options
    Salvation122Salvation122 Registered User regular
    edited August 2009
    Am I alone in thinking that the itemization changes are bullshit?

Salvation122 on
  • Options
    edited August 2009
    World of Warcraft: Deathwing: It's What's for Dinner
    World of Warcraft: Deathwing: The Other White Meat
    World of Warcraft: Deathwing: Where's the Beef?

SyphonBlue on
    LxX6eco.jpg
  • Options
    edited August 2009

The what?

SyphonBlue on
    LxX6eco.jpg
  • Options
    WassermeloneWassermelone Registered User regular
    edited August 2009

There are a great many fools in this world so I would think not! :lol:

Wassermelone on
  • Options
    edited August 2009
    World of Warcraft: Caedere's Wet Dream

Opty on
  • Options
    HamurabiHamurabi MiamiRegistered User regular
    edited August 2009
    That first dance chick has a perfect ass, wow.

I tried to abstain, but my curiosity's overcome me.

pix plz

Hamurabi on
This discussion has been closed.