Options

[WoW] Chataclysm

1575859606163»

Posts

  • Options
    ArkanArkan Registered User regular
    edited August 2009
    Am I alone in thinking that the itemization changes are bullshit?

    Why?

    Arkan on
    Big, honkin' pile of WoW characters
    I think it's hard for someone not to rage at mario kart, while shouting "Fuck you Donkey Kong. Whose dick did you suck to get all those red shells?"
  • Options
    SeptusSeptus Registered User regular
    edited August 2009
    Am I alone in thinking that the itemization changes are bullshit?

    Consolidation into the basic stats is a good thing. However more items that only have basic stats is a bad thing, AP and spellpower etc should be replaced with other nifty green effects and attributes.

    Septus on
    PSN: Kurahoshi1
  • Options
    ArrathArrath Registered User regular
    edited August 2009
    Am I alone in thinking that the itemization changes are bullshit?

    There are a great many fools in this world so I would think not! :lol:

    I am slightly confused by haste. Does it do its current effects along with this regen change? And what was the bit about increasing rage regen?

    I did kind of like Armor Pen. And the AP to stat change annoys me (hell back in BWL days they changed hunter gear from agi to ap to combat crit overloading) as it makes leather and mail quite less useful for a dps warrior like myself, when some plate isn't well itemized and leather/mail are better alternatives.

    I do forsee a nerf in the int and agi -> crit rate (and possibly int to mana) as from the sounds of it stats will go up like crazy.

    Arrath on
  • Options
    Salvation122Salvation122 Registered User regular
    edited August 2009
    Arkan wrote: »
    Am I alone in thinking that the itemization changes are bullshit?

    Why?

    Because it removes any necessary thought from gear choices and homogenizes things. "I'm a caster! I only want things with int. Ever. Every other stat is shit for me. The end."

    That's just boring as shit, frankly.

    Salvation122 on
  • Options
    StericaSterica Yes Registered User, Moderator mod
    edited August 2009
    Am I alone in thinking that the itemization changes are bullshit?
    Nah. You and many others share the same, wrong opinion on it.

    Yay.

    Sterica on
    YL9WnCY.png
  • Options
    BikkstahBikkstah Registered User regular
    edited August 2009
    Yeah, they will definitely need to change the conversion. I'm at 58% crit or so right now in raid, can't imagine getting more AGI

    Bikkstah on
  • Options
    ArkanArkan Registered User regular
    edited August 2009
    Arkan wrote: »
    Am I alone in thinking that the itemization changes are bullshit?

    Why?

    Because it removes any necessary thought from gear choices and homogenizes things. "I'm a caster! I only want things with int. Ever. Every other stat is shit for me. The end."

    That's just boring as shit, frankly.

    Really? Blizzard has always been about making sure you can play the game effectively without relying on mods or external sites like EJ, and this change follows that philosophy perfectly - it's not very clear what stats may or may not be the best without external research.

    Less stats means there's less confusion. "These stats are good for me, I want gear that looks like this."

    I really find the gear to be the least interesting part of the game, so putting less emphasis on that is a welcome change.

    Arkan on
    Big, honkin' pile of WoW characters
    I think it's hard for someone not to rage at mario kart, while shouting "Fuck you Donkey Kong. Whose dick did you suck to get all those red shells?"
  • Options
    Delta AssaultDelta Assault Registered User regular
    edited August 2009
    That's just boring as shit, frankly.

    I guess I see your point. But wasn't it pretty bad in the other direction for a while? I mean cmon... take armor pen for example. If you're just comparing an item with 24 str versus an item with 24 str and 12 armor pen... sure, it's obvious which is better. But what about the times you got something with str or agil versus something with armor pen? It's very very hard to determine which item is better without some serious number crunching taking into account your entire armor setup. And that wasn't any fun. Not to me. Maybe some people found that number crunching fun. I dunno, I thought it was damn annoying.

    Thank God I played a tank in TBC, so I didn't have to get into all that DPS bullshit.

    Delta Assault on
  • Options
    SaraLunaSaraLuna Registered User regular
    edited August 2009
    Arkan wrote: »
    Am I alone in thinking that the itemization changes are bullshit?

    Why?

    Because it removes any necessary thought from gear choices and homogenizes things. "I'm a caster! I only want things with int. Ever. Every other stat is shit for me. The end."

    That's just boring as shit, frankly.

    as opposed to now where you just stack +spell damage?

    what they need to do is eliminate +hit items. playing musical chairs with your items/gems whenever you get an upgrade is like the opposite of fun. needs to either just be a talent (like they're doing with +def) or passive so that healers and tanks can dps without entire alternate sets of gear.

    SaraLuna on
  • Options
    WassermeloneWassermelone Registered User regular
    edited August 2009
    Arkan wrote: »
    Am I alone in thinking that the itemization changes are bullshit?

    Why?

    Because it removes any necessary thought from gear choices and homogenizes things. "I'm a caster! I only want things with int. Ever. Every other stat is shit for me. The end."

    That's just boring as shit, frankly.

    Arpen was a worthless stat because nobody* really understood how it worked. It was just a number that went up that some people knew they wanted.

    Mp5 was just stupid. It didn't scale, and they already had a stat that was FOR mana regen.

    Spellpower was silly too. Nobody* really understood it and its not like you could really gear for it outside of gems anyway. Spellpower was on every caster item and it went up with iLevel at a linear rate.

    Defense was kind of silly as well. It wasn't really meaningful as a stat because to tank you needed X amount of it. No real choices there.

    Block Value was silly. We already have one block stat, why do we need two... especially considering that its rather useless despite buffs.

    *By nobody I mean the general WoW playing public.

    Wassermelone on
  • Options
    ToldoToldo But actually, WeegianRegistered User regular
    edited August 2009
    World of Warcraft: Deathwing Harder (?)

    Toldo on
  • Options
    StericaSterica Yes Registered User, Moderator mod
    edited August 2009
    We also still have enchants, gems and reforging for further gear decisions.

    Not like the current system has much thought. Take numbers, plunk them into an application, and you get a list of Best in Slot.

    Sterica on
    YL9WnCY.png
  • Options
    JJJJ DailyStormer Registered User regular
    edited August 2009
    World of Warcraft: Return of the Deathwing

    JJ on
  • Options
    delrolanddelroland Registered User regular
    edited August 2009
    World of Warcraft: Give Us $40. Or More, You Aussie Sons Of Bitches.

    delroland on
    EVE: Online - the most fun you will ever have not playing a game.
    "Go up, thou bald head." -2 Kings 2:23
  • Options
    Racist JokeRacist Joke Registered User regular
    edited August 2009
    Rorus Raz wrote: »
    We also still have enchants, gems and reforging for further gear decisions.

    Not like the current system has much thought. Take numbers, plunk them into an application, and you get a list of Best in Slot.

    Forgot about enchants. I guess all the sp/ap ones will be replaced with int/agi. Same with food.

    Man, merely getting rid of those stats means there are going to be alot of shit they will have to update to reflect that. Considering they just went and updated all the items in dungeons, they will have to do it again.

    Racist Joke on
    Steam
    Xbox Live: Kunohara
  • Options
    JJJJ DailyStormer Registered User regular
    edited August 2009
    World of Warcraft: Deathwing Strikes Back

    JJ on
  • Options
    Munkus BeaverMunkus Beaver You don't have to attend every argument you are invited to. Philosophy: Stoicism. Politics: Democratic SocialistRegistered User, ClubPA regular
    edited August 2009
    It's not like the current system was 'hard' to do, you knew exactly what you wanted. You wanted to be hitcapped. You wanted to be expertise capped. You wanted a lot of ArP and STR. Oh, always the STR. Just gem up all STR once you reach hit/expertise cap.

    If you could control your stats? Yeah, that's one thing. But you can't. So instead 99% of the time you're overshooting one cap, undershooting another cap, and oh golly your DPS went down by 300 because your hit rating went down and you can't tank with your new piece of gear because of the defense cap.

    Consolodation of stats? A good thing. Letting the game be accessible without an excell spreadsheet, the EJ forums, and a WoWhead database? A good thing.

    The most annoying thing in the game? Trying to decide if a drop is an upgrade, sidegrade, or downgrade when you're exchanging at a very, very small rate.

    Is 4 str better than 4 AP but what if you have 1 agi with that 4 AP and what if the first has 2 crit and the other has one more ArP oh Golly Kill Me

    Munkus Beaver on
    Humor can be dissected as a frog can, but dies in the process.
This discussion has been closed.