Options

Stereotypes

• Options
    Charles KinboteCharles Kinbote Registered User regular
    edited August 2009
    I was fourteen or so and wandering the neighborhood with a girl from a few houses down. My baby brother was with us for some reason.

We passed by this old couple and they just gave us the dirtiest look.

wiggin?

Charles Kinbote on
  • Options
    Donovan PuppyfuckerDonovan Puppyfucker A dagger in the dark is worth a thousand swords in the morningRegistered User regular
    edited August 2009
    Confucius say man who walk through turnstile sideways going to Bangkok.

Donovan Puppyfucker on
  • Options
    Me Too!Me Too! __BANNED USERS regular
    edited August 2009
    I was fourteen or so and wandering the neighborhood with a girl from a few houses down. My baby brother was with us for some reason.

We passed by this old couple and they just gave us the dirtiest look.

wiggin?

Nuh uh I don't wander with girls

Or do much of anything with them really

brb gonna go slit my wrists vertically

Me Too! on
  • Options
    edited August 2009
    after this thread comes the "ironic racism" thread

then the racism thread

then the KluPAX thread

Charles Kinbote on
  • Options
    edited August 2009
    no my point is that is the most boring and pointless story in the world

"one time people looked at me mean"

Charles Kinbote on
  • Options
    2 Marcus 2 Ravens2 Marcus 2 Ravens CanadaRegistered User regular
    edited August 2009
    Back a few years ago (still in my mega long haired days) I was skateboarding around town when a guy drove by me in his car, threw a McDonald's cup full of what I assumed was soda at me, and called me a Neo-Nazi Hippy Fag. What does that even mean??

2 Marcus 2 Ravens on
  • Options
    Grim OutlookGrim Outlook Registered User regular
    edited August 2009
    a sizable amount of the kids from my high school fit the whole negative hipster/indie stereotype pretty well. skinny jeans, unwashed hair, they were all kind of pretentious and wanted you to come out to one of their band's house shows.

Grim Outlook on
  • Options
    edited August 2009

You think I just tell boring stories

Sometimes I take things that were actually interesting and make them as boring as possible

Just for shits and giggles

You don't know boring like I do

Me Too! on
  • Options
    laughingfuzzballlaughingfuzzball Registered User regular
    edited August 2009

Old people assumed I was a teenage father, because you know those kids today do nothing but screw and smoke dope.

laughingfuzzball on
  • Options
    AMP'dAMP'd Registered User regular
    edited August 2009
    Rolo wrote: »
    Janson wrote: »
    Rolo wrote: »
    AMP'd wrote: »
    I am, however, pretty damn white

also obligatory http://stuffwhitepeoplelike.com/

PS it scares me how accurate this is

I know right

I feel like I should really hate that site

But then I read it and damn, I agree with 90% of what is written

http://www.passiveaggressivenotes.com/

I like this site, it is a good site.
    What

what are you trying to say? :(

Oh no just that its a realy good site

2608516695_26e430ef93.jpg

This one will always be best:

3642661392_5801c3b218.jpg

AMP'd on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    edited August 2009
    a sizable amount of the kids from my high school fit the whole negative hipster/indie stereotype pretty well. skinny jeans, unwashed hair, they were all kind of pretentious and wanted you to come out to one of their band's house shows.

they sound like cool guys

Charles Kinbote on
  • Options
    BroloBrolo Broseidon Lord of the BroceanRegistered User regular
    edited August 2009

you've probably never heard of their band

it's from amsterdam

Brolo on
  • Options
    edited August 2009
    sorry aside from the "band's house shows" part that describes a lot of my friends

Charles Kinbote on
  • Options
    edited August 2009
    I went to school with this guy Ken. He was always complaining about how everyone assumed he was into martial arts because he was half Japanese.

He didn't get that everyone assumed he was into martial arts because he wouldn't shut up about martial arts.

laughingfuzzball on
  • Options
    edited August 2009
    in fact, band house shows aside, that describes me right now

skinny jeans, unwashed hair, kind of pretentious

Charles Kinbote on
  • Options
    edited August 2009
    1. Understand what Emo is. Emo has many meanings. The correct definition is that emo is a music genre (short for emotive hardcore), a subgenre of hardcore punk. Still, others consider it's only a brief way to call someone emotional, although they are not correct. Still, there are those who believe emo is a lifestyle and choose to live their lives the emo way. S The correct term for what is generally regarded as "emo" is scene (despite the darker colors and the common lack of extreme cheerfulness). For the sake of simplicity, however, we will use the term "emo".
    2. Appreciate Emo music. Emo is a rock music genre. In recent times, many pop-punk bands have been incorrectly classified as emo or emotive hardcore. Listen to a lot of emo bands, and maybe even consider picking up an instrument, such as a bass or guitar. You could also try to play the violin, and if you invest enough time into it, emo songs on the violin sound incredibly amazing. The drums can also be a very good instrument. You can even write poetry and turn them into songs.
    3. Test yourself. Try listening to emo music. If you end up liking this type of music, and come out wanting to download the songs after you’re done with the album, you’re probably a true emo. Getting inner emo is all a matter of finding out if you have it or not. Examples of emo include Yage, Amanda Woodward, Rites of Spring, Embrace, I Hate Myself, Indian Summer, Belle Epoque, Antioch Arrow, and Twelve Hour Turn. Emo is not mainstream; you will not hear any emo bands on the radio or at Warped Tour. Bands such as Hawthorne Heights and My Chemical Romance are far from emo.
    4. Dress Emo. After you have discovered your inner emo, try shopping for a new wardrobe. Emo fashion has roots in both punk and goth. Wear tight jeans, tight shirts with emo band logos on them, studded belts, and an old, black and worn down pair of sneakers. Girls can wear black or red skirts with striped socks or leggings. Plaid skirts with chains are also a staple in the emo fashion. Leg warmers are acceptable as well. For accessories, buy black rubber bracelets or studded bracelets and any emo-looking necklaces, such as ones with grenades or broken hearts on them. Thick, black-rimmed glasses are not uncommon for emo guys or girls. Also, stripes and checkers are big in the emo culture. Take an example from others emo's you see around as inspiration, but do not copy, just do your own thing. There's always more emo points in thrift shop buys, also.
    5. Get an Emo hairstyle. Dye it black or brown with perhaps some blonde or unnatural color streaks, especially in the bangs. If you are a girl, you may possibly want to cut your hair to a very short bob-like hairstyle but keep your bangs long, swept drastically to one side and covering your eye. Or, for those who like long hair, get many choppy layers and highlights. For a guy, you may want to spike up the back side, and pat down the front side. You could also get your bangs/fringe dyed a lighter color than the rest of your hair. Remember, you should always straighten your hair with a flat iron and use lots of hairspray.
    6. Get the attitude. A lot of times, emo is associated with being bitter, depressed, insecure and resentful. But at it's core, you can be emo because you're sensitive, introspective, thoughtful, and quiet. Don't ever be loud or in anyone's face; focus on your own emotional life.
    7. Remember Emo's are people too! Don't be all glum if everyone makes fun of you! Remember you are still a person.

Brolo on
  • Options
    ZombiemamboZombiemambo Registered User regular
    edited August 2009
    the cheat wrote: »
    i know this black guy... he smokes menthols.

Why do black people like menthol so much?
    Nobody knows

Zombiemambo on
    JKKaAGp.png
  • Options
    AMP'dAMP'd Registered User regular
    edited August 2009

you would like them

:P

AMP'd on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    edited August 2009
    What the fuck Rolo.

2 Marcus 2 Ravens on
  • Options
    Viscount IslandsViscount Islands [INSERT SoKo HERE] ...it was the summer of my lifeRegistered User regular
    edited August 2009
    Rolo die.

Viscount Islands on
    I want to do with you
    What spring does with the cherry trees.
  • Options
    edited August 2009
    Stuff White People Like makes me a little sad

because I totally fit a large portion of the stereotypes

Zombiemambo on
    JKKaAGp.png
  • Options
    marty_0001marty_0001 I am a file and you put documents in meRegistered User regular
    edited August 2009
    Oh my god that video in the OP

I should totally just carry around one dumbell so I can casually pump it while I greet people.

Sup

marty_0001 on
  • Options
    MeissnerdMeissnerd Registered User regular
    edited August 2009
    The Mos Def one kills me because I like Mos Def

do i like him because i'm white or because he's talented

it's like that chapelle joke about black people and chicken

Meissnerd on
  • Options
    edited August 2009
    Meissnerd wrote: »
    The Mos Def one kills me because I like Mos Def

do i like him because i'm white or because he's talented

it's like that chapelle joke about black people and chicken

you like Mos Def because you're white

Zombiemambo on
    JKKaAGp.png
  • Options
    edited August 2009
    they all had moleskine pocket notebooks, which they wrote their deep poetry in and later transferred over to their ridiculously hip tumblr blogs.

they were all really deep too. like, they couldn't just say they liked donnie darko, they had to go on to explain why you didn't really get it.

Grim Outlook on
  • Options
    SpacehogSpacehog Registered User regular
    edited August 2009
    I'm a white guy and I have sex in the missionary position sometimes.

Is that a stereotype?

Spacehog on
  • Options
    edited August 2009
    they all had moleskine pocket notebooks, which they wrote their deep poetry in and later transferred over to their ridiculously hip tumblr blogs.

they were all really deep too. like, they couldn't just say they liked donnie darko, they had to go on to explain why you didn't really get it.

if one of the explanations for Donnie Darko is correct, nobody got it

Zombiemambo on
    JKKaAGp.png
  • Options
    Viscount IslandsViscount Islands [INSERT SoKo HERE] ...it was the summer of my lifeRegistered User regular
    edited August 2009
    Guys I think I'm going to grow my hair long and cornroll it.

Am I a stereotype?

Viscount Islands on
    I want to do with you
  • Options
    edited August 2009

Which explanation was that

Also the Smurf scene and also "you're the fucking anti-christ" are still awesome

Me Too! on
  • Options
    edited August 2009
    Guys I think I'm going to grow my hair long and cornroll it.

Am I a stereotype?

Yes, unless you are Chinese in which case you eggroll it.

Spacehog on
  • Options
    edited August 2009
    my friend thought he was some kind of philosopher.

the most amusing thing was watching waking life with him and watching him pretend to understand everything.

Grim Outlook on
  • Options
    edited August 2009
    Me Too! wrote: »

Also the Smurf scene and also "you're the fucking anti-christ" are still awesome

something about Donnie Darko being destined to do something, which I think was to stop the plane from killing everyone (by allowing it to kill him), and how a lot of the people around him are destined to help him to do it, and are actually ghosts from the past/future

it was more complicated than that, and involved some time traveling theory the director used/wrote/fuck it I don't remember

Zombiemambo on
    JKKaAGp.png
  • Options
    edited August 2009
    I think Chik-fil-A made me racist.

A significant portion of our clientele were young black men high on marijuana.

in a fried chicken restaurant

The white potheads preferred the Orange Julius across the aisle. We did get the middle-aged white drunks, though.

laughingfuzzball on
  • Options
    edited August 2009
    1. Break free of conventional rules. Finishing your sentences is not mandatory, merely optional and you can do it on Tuesdays but not on Wednesdays if you so desire. This is how you must think. If you decide you want to buy rubber ducks whilst talking about something important — don't be afraid to end the conversation and do it!
    2. Make plans and change them mid-way. Just because you're buying a new coat, it doesn't mean you can't go to the zoo on the way there. Plans should be broken if you think of a more exciting plan.
    3. Be oddly specific with what you are saying. It will sound more random. For example, instead of saying, "a few years ago," be more specific and say, "a few years after the year before ten years ago, I was speaking to the brother of my sister's father.(uncle)
    4. Learn random/specific colors and numbers. If asked to say a color, use "eggshell," or "dioxizine violet." (Look through Liquitex paint names for ideas; my favorite of theirs is "hookers green." And yes, that's a real color.) Also, answer with something like "pi," "e," or "the square root of seven" when asked to pick a number between one and ten.
    5. Avoid "wandom" words. "Wandom" means "wannabe random." This is usually formerly random material that has been overused and is just not random anymore. Wandom words include pickle, chicken, monkey, dino, penguin, purple, pie, moo, pizza, mayonnaise, pudding, pants, rawr, socks, llama, cheese, and nose. Of course, the wandomness is fairly culturally specific to North American school culture, so feel free to ignore this step.
    6. Don't be fake. If you can't be random, don't force it. People may stop liking you if you try to hard.
    7. Find your word. Be sure to conform to step 7 when picking a word. Examples of random words are smiley, knee, boing, and the like.
    8. Make random noises. Things like 'mwargh' or 'oooooohh' or even 'bwah' and 'digee' will work divinely. Don't try for this, though. You have to kind of be in your own world first.
    9. Don't forget random actions, like clapping randomly, or bobbing your head like a budgerigar (budgerigar a.k.a. budgie: small Australian parakeet).
    10. Random names work well. Try using Chris Mear, Mr. Chesters or The Teletubbies; all perform well.
    11. Put on a very normal outfit (e.g., jeans and T-shirt) and add something ridiculous (e.g., a huge chicken mask). Of course, you could also go with strange clothing all the way -- you might want to invest in things like suspenders, top hats, parasols, glitter vests, canes, ribbons, army boots, hippie or (real) vintage things, neon things, etc. (The trick is to have basic staples: plain T-shirts in varying colors and a couple pairs of blue jeans, maybe in gray, paired with freaky accessories). NB: wearing 'random' clothing will lose you randomness points in whatever else you happen to do - people will see how ridiculously stupid you look and ignore the randomness of your words and / or actions. Sorry, but it's true.
    12. Get used to forming odd obsessions, like a certain state, food, person, or animal. Make them very public and insane. There are certain topics though that are just old and used: penguins, llamas, Ramen, muffins, Red Bull, Mountain Dew, Monster, Michigan, celebrities like Billie Joe Armstrong, Marilyn Monroe,Ryan Ross, Benji and Joel Madden.

Brolo on
  • Options
    edited August 2009
    Me Too! wrote: »

something about Donnie Darko being destined to do something, which I think was to stop the plane from killing everyone (by allowing it to kill him), and how a lot of the people around him are destined to help him to do it, and are actually ghosts from the past/future

it was more complicated than that, and involved some time traveling theory the director used/wrote/fuck it I don't remember

Oh man I remember reading about that

I still don't really know what happened in that movie beyond time travel and a bunny suit and Swayze was a chimo

Me Too! on
  • Options
    edited August 2009
    my friend thought he was some kind of philosopher.

the most amusing thing was watching waking life with him and watching him pretend to understand everything.

I realize my avatar is from Waking Life, but god damn that dude sounds awful.

2 Marcus 2 Ravens on
  • Options
    edited August 2009
    marty_0001 wrote: »
    Oh my god that video in the OP

I should totally just carry around one dumbell so I can casually pump it while I greet people.

Sup

I love that video so much.

God I need an ottoman.

Brolo on
  • Options
    edited August 2009
    Rolo that is very conflicting advice.

What're they trying to tell you to be?

Viscount Islands on
    I want to do with you
  • Options
    edited August 2009
    I think Chik-fil-A made me racist.

A significant portion of our clientele were young black men high on marijuana.

in a fried chicken restaurant

The white potheads preferred the Orange Julius across the aisle. We did get the middle-aged white drunks, though.

I worked at Cactus Willies. Yes. Cactus Willies. For those of you not familiar with it, it is a buffet. I quit one Sunday because I was being yelled at by a local Baptist church Congregation for waiting to bring out more fried chicken until all the pieces were gone, not just the wings. They were middle aged to old black ladies and gentlemen high on Jesus. It didn't make me racist though. Just made me realize that they are stereotypes because they are true.

Spacehog on
  • Options
    edited August 2009
    Holy shit Rolo, what the fuck are you doing. Seriously, you're hurting me.

2 Marcus 2 Ravens on
This discussion has been closed.