As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

I am cured! Well done, [chat]

VishNubVishNub Registered User regular
edited December 2006 in Debate and/or Discourse
backstreetboys0001vr1.jpg

wallpaper11024ni2.jpg

Everybody
Rock your body
Everybody
Rock your body right,
[chat]street's [chat] alright!

Oh my god we're [chat] again
Brothers sisters everybody sing
Gonna bring the flavor
Show you how
Gotta a question for you
Better answer now
Am I original
Yeah
Am I the only one
Yeah
Am I sexual
Yeah
Am I everything you need
You better rock your body now

Everybody yeah
Rock your body yeah
Everybody
Rock your body right
[chat]street's [chat] alright

Now throw your hands up in the air
And wave 'em around like you just don't care
If you wanna party let me hear you yell
Cuz we've got it going on again

Am I original Yeah
Am I the only one
Yeah
Am I sexual
Yeah
Am I everything you need
You better rock your body now

So everybody everywhere Don't be afraid don't have no fear
Gonna tell the world
Make you understand
As long as there be music
We'll be coming [chat] again
:whistle:

I think I may have hit a new low.

VishNub on

• Options
    JohannenJohannen Registered User regular
    edited December 2006
    son of a.....

Johannen on
  • Options
    _J__J_ Pedant Registered User, __BANNED USERS regular
    edited December 2006
    Damn you.

_J_ on
  • Options
    FunkyWaltDoggFunkyWaltDogg Columbia, SCRegistered User regular
    edited December 2006
    Maybe next time you could just not snipe the chat. That would be nice.

FunkyWaltDogg on
  • Options
    JohannenJohannen Registered User regular
    edited December 2006
    Vish you're like some kind of [chat] rogue!

Johannen on
  • Options
    AldoAldo Hippo Hooray Registered User regular
    edited December 2006
    Ima adblock those images now. D:

Aldo on
  • Options
    Irond WillIrond Will WARNING: NO HURTFUL COMMENTS, PLEASE!!!!! Cambridge. MAModerator mod
    edited December 2006
    Wait which one's the gay one?

Irond Will on
    Wqdwp8l.png
  • Options
    Knuckle DraggerKnuckle Dragger Explosive Ovine Disposal Registered User regular
    edited December 2006
    So, does this make Vishnub a "[chat] monger" or a "[chat] whore"?

Knuckle Dragger on
    Let not any one pacify his conscience by the delusion that he can do no harm if he takes no part, and forms no opinion.

- John Stuart Mill
  • Options
    Knuckle DraggerKnuckle Dragger Explosive Ovine Disposal Registered User regular
    edited December 2006
    Irond Will wrote:
    The one with the black shirt.

Knuckle Dragger on
    Let not any one pacify his conscience by the delusion that he can do no harm if he takes no part, and forms no opinion.

- John Stuart Mill
  • Options
    OboroOboro __BANNED USERS regular
    edited December 2006
    they played this song at my senior luncheon

i knew all of the choreography

i did not have a problem with demonstrating this

this is the hard-bought [foolish] courage of my people

Oboro on
    words
  • Options
    FencingsaxFencingsax It is difficult to get a man to understand, when his salary depends upon his not understanding GNU Terry PratchettRegistered User regular
    edited December 2006
    Irond Will wrote:

Which one isn't the gay one?

Fencingsax on
  • Options
    DynagripDynagrip Break me a million hearts HoustonRegistered User, ClubPA regular
    edited December 2006
    I was going to totally dedicate the next [chat] to VishNub, but he had to go and ruin it.

Dynagrip on
  • Options
    VishNubVishNub Registered User regular
    edited December 2006
    Y'all haters need to step off.

VishNub on
  • Options
    Irond WillIrond Will WARNING: NO HURTFUL COMMENTS, PLEASE!!!!! Cambridge. MAModerator mod
    edited December 2006
    Oboro wrote:

Man Oboro you've really got to be the most socially courageous person I've ever heard of. You fly freak flags from every concievable direction.

Irond Will on
    Wqdwp8l.png
  • Options
    DynagripDynagrip Break me a million hearts HoustonRegistered User, ClubPA regular
    edited December 2006
    Shouldn't it be [Chat]Street's [Chat]???

Dynagrip on
  • Options
    _J__J_ Pedant Registered User, __BANNED USERS regular
    edited December 2006
    VishNub wrote:

Oh no you didn't.

Oh you didn't just tell me to step off.

_J_ on
  • Options
    edited December 2006
    VishNub wrote:
    Well you'll be pleased to know that the Backstreet song you were piping got stuck in my head and I ended up singing it at Frankie over and over. She liked it a whole lot.

Irond Will on
    Wqdwp8l.png
  • Options
    The Green Eyed MonsterThe Green Eyed Monster i blame hip hop Registered User regular
    edited December 2006
    I'm really hoping that kid making the whole "what's the point of music?" thread is just high as fuck. There's no excuse for that shit he's typed in there besides that.

The Green Eyed Monster on
  • Options
    edited December 2006
    Irond Will wrote:
    Oboro wrote:

Man Oboro you've really got to be the most socially courageous person I've ever heard of. You fly freak flags from every concievable direction.
    there is a point where you realize that the freak flags cannot be shaken and there is no point in trying to go back

i think i realized this at college when if i tried to go around as a normal guy i actually got stared at more and people whispered behind my back more 'is that a boy or a girl', etc.

one of the best defenses we can provide for ourselves is the freak flags

see: Hey Arnold pilot

Oboro on
    words
  • Options
    ColdredColdred Registered User regular
    edited December 2006
    Didn't Moriarty get banned for making a post like the OP?

Coldred on
    sig1-1.jpg
  • Options
    edited December 2006
    So, does this make Vishnub a "[chat] monger" or a "[chat] whore"?
    [chat]-rapist.

imo.

Aldo on
  • Options
    edited December 2006
    So like, are you trekking across the country for love and acceptance or what?

Dynagrip on
  • Options
    The Green Eyed MonsterThe Green Eyed Monster i blame hip hop Registered User regular
    edited December 2006
    Coldred wrote:
    His allegedly featured some pubic hair. More skin at the very least. Plus he was subforum-raiding.

• Options
    edited December 2006
    celery77 wrote:
    I'm really hoping that kid making the whole "what's the point of music?" thread is just high as fuck. There's no excuse for that shit he's typed in there besides that.
    I like to think that he's an alien sent down here to answer the question "What is this Rock and Roll".

It's a long-held belief of mine that we'll defeat the alien invaders because of two factors:

1) Strafing
    2) Rock and Roll

Irond Will on
    Wqdwp8l.png
  • Options
    edited December 2006
    celery77 wrote:
    troll?

ororor: alt of mad_morlock
    or: alt of Than.

Aldo on
  • Options
    edited December 2006
    Dynagrip wrote:
    Yeah, it shouldn't be that hard to find -- got to specific boroughs in New York or go to San Francisco. Problem solved.

• Options
    edited December 2006
    celery77 wrote:
    Coldred wrote:
    His allegedly featured some pubic hair. More skin at the very least. Plus he was subforum-raiding.
    He was also deliberately trolling for like a couple of months before the mods got tired of it. Him wanting yet another chance is total bullshit. I'm sure he's a cool dude in person and at one point he was an all right forumer, but he really lost it.

Dynagrip on
  • Options
    edited December 2006
    celery77 wrote:
    Dynagrip wrote:
    Yeah, it shouldn't be that hard to find -- got to specific boroughs in New York or go to San Francisco. Problem solved.
    I would think if someone's looking for depth in human contact, fetishist communities are probably the worst scenes anywhere.

Irond Will on
    Wqdwp8l.png
  • Options
    edited December 2006
    Dynagrip wrote:
    celery77 wrote:
    Coldred wrote:
    He was also deliberately trolling for like a couple of months before the mods got tired of it. Him wanting yet another chance is total bullshit. I'm sure he's a cool dude in person and at one point he was an all right forumer, but he really lost it.
    Wait what? Playful mainstream homoeroticism like Backstreet is banworthy?

Irond Will on
    Wqdwp8l.png
  • Options
    edited December 2006
    Irond Will wrote:
    Dynagrip wrote:
    celery77 wrote:
    Coldred wrote:
    He was posting way more than that. Dude's making out in very skimpy swimwear and such. Kusu joined in for some reason. I think he just loves to follow people.

Dynagrip on
  • Options
    edited December 2006
    celery77 wrote:
    Dynagrip wrote:
    i discovered in college that by immersing myself in an 'accepting' community, i had immersed myself in a covertly-hating community

and by immersing myself in the other community, the one that hated me, i was slowly leaning towards hating those people in kind

and for all of it, i was hating myself

there is one thing left that i know i definitively and truthfully love and that is the world around me, and so i am going to travel it and take in its beauty and all of its unconditional love

i am going to find a mirror in it where i can see myself and love myself again

and from there i will learn to love the world again

it is important that i do this because even if i was ekeing out a life successfully in college it is not a good thing to eke, it is a better thing to live whole-heartedly and i know that i am capable of it

so i am going to do it

Oboro on
    words
  • Options
    edited December 2006
    Irond Will wrote:
    celery77 wrote:
    Dynagrip wrote:
    I would think if someone's looking for depth in human contact, fetishist communities are probably the worst scenes anywhere.
    So being gay is a fetish now? (jokes). No man -- those communities are just the most accepting of non-mainstream sexuality of any kind pretty much in the world. That's all I'm saying.

• Options
    edited December 2006
    Motherfucking Kryptonite.

Dynagrip on
  • Options
    AroducAroduc regular
    edited December 2006
    Dynagrip wrote:
    Irond Will wrote:
    Dynagrip wrote:
    celery77 wrote:
    Coldred wrote:
    He was posting way more than that. Dude's making out in very skimpy swimwear and such. Kusu joined in for some reason. I think he just loves to follow people.

Also, wasn't it in G&T? Or was this a different incident?

Aroduc on
  • Options
    edited December 2006
    Oboro wrote:
    celery77 wrote:
    Dynagrip wrote:
    i discovered in college that by immersing myself in an 'accepting' community, i had immersed myself in a hating community

and by immersing myself in a hating community, i was slowly leaning towards hating the community because it hated me

there is one thing left that i know i definitively and truthfully love and that is the world around me, and so i am going to travel it and take in its beauty and all of its unconditional love

it is important that i do this because even if i was ekeing out a life successfully in college it is not a good thing to eke, it is a better thing to live whole-heartedly and i know that i am capable of it

so i am going to do it

Well three cheers for optimism and the best of luck to you. Your gender-identity thing is one of the last frontiers of "wierd shit that makes even really counterculture people uncomfortable," so I know you've got your work cut out for you.

Irond Will on
    Wqdwp8l.png
  • Options
    edited December 2006
    Oboro wrote:
    i discovered in college that by immersing myself in an 'accepting' community, i had immersed myself in a covertly-hating community

and by immersing myself in the other community, the one that hated me, i was slowly leaning towards hating those people in kind

so i am going to do it
    Right on, fight the good fight.

• Options
    edited December 2006
    Aroduc wrote:
    Also, wasn't it in G&T? Or was this a different incident?
    Several subforums I believe.

Dynagrip on
  • Options
    edited December 2006
    with a laptop full of show tunes, i can't fail

someday i would like to see these shows but i think it is enough that i can sing along with people who have seen them for now

Oboro on
    words
  • Options
    edited December 2006
    celery77 wrote:
    Irond Will wrote:
    celery77 wrote:
    Dynagrip wrote:
    So being gay is a fetish now? (jokes). No man -- those communities are just the most accepting of non-mainstream sexuality of any kind pretty much in the world. That's all I'm saying.
    I'm not sure if you've lived in any, but in my experience they're not really the bastions of tolerance that you might think. I lived in the Boystown area of DuPont Circle in DC, and, although it was obviously accepting of homosexuality, it was also sharply factionalized and suprisingly vicious and exclusionary. For a young person wanting to find somewhere to spread their wings and be true to themselves and all that, it might be a pretty harsh letdown.

Irond Will on
    Wqdwp8l.png
  • Options
    SpaceDrakeSpaceDrake Registered User regular
    edited December 2006
    You people understand that threads like this are why we can't have nice things.

Anyway, back to my anime thread~

SpaceDrake on
    pa_sig.jpg
  • Options
    edited December 2006
    This movie sounds great.

B000AQKUG8.01._AA240_SCLZZZZZZZ_.jpg

Dynagrip on
This discussion has been closed.