soy eggs

Air on
    darjeelingshortsig95.jpg
  • Options
    NikolaiNikolai SSSSSSSSSSS Registered User regular
    edited August 2009
    Nikolai wrote: »
    Gross, Metzger stop being fat.

lets make fun of metzger onlines whilst shooting minorities on the calls of duties
    My xbox is on the other side of the country right now

Nikolai on
    xXNXOA7.png?1
  • Options
    A Dabble Of TheloniusA Dabble Of Thelonius It has been a doozy of a dayRegistered User regular
    edited August 2009
    I made grilled artichokes last week. Marinated and dipped in a oil/lemon/garlic/pepper sauce. They turned out really good.

A Dabble Of Thelonius on
    vm8gvf5p7gqi.jpg
    Steam - Talon Valdez :Blizz - Talonious#1860 : Xbox Live & LoL - Talonious Monk @TaloniousMonk Hail Satan
  • Options
    No Great NameNo Great Name FRAUD DETECTED Registered User regular
    edited August 2009
    the eggs we eat are unfertilized bro

re: unintentional

No Great Name on
    PSN: NoGreatName Steam:SirToons Twitch: SirToons
    sirtoons.png
  • Options
    LockoutLockout I am still searching Registered User regular
    edited August 2009
    i just made some eggs over easy with a little barbecue sauce on them

it was pretty good

Lockout on
    f24GSaF.jpg
  • Options
    AMP'dAMP'd Registered User regular
    edited August 2009
    Did you do it in a pan?

AMP'd on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    DrZiplockDrZiplock Registered User regular
    edited August 2009
    Between being bored, curious and having everything needed... I chose to explore the cake in a mug concept presented in the OP. I did a little digging and found a recipe that looked not heinous and gave it a whirl:

First up is what you need to make the cup cake. Cup cake. I kill me.

Sugar, flour, big ass mug, vanilla, an egg, milk, oil and my own cocoa blend.
    IMG_2190.jpg

So, you take the flour, cocoa and sugar and blend them together. Then you take the oil, milk, vanilla and egg and mix them all up together. Normally this can be done in the mug to save on dished, but I figured for demonstration purposes I would have them separate.
    IMG_2191.jpg

The other reason for mixing them separate was so that I could smear the mug with butter and then coat the inside with cocoa. The goal was to make things easier to get out in the end... I think next time shaved chocolate will do the job well.
    IMG_2192.jpg

Everything blended and in the mug:
    IMG_2193.jpg

I chucked that into my microwave for 2.5 minutes and at the end of that checked doneness with a stick.
    IMG_2194.jpg

Hey! It worked! Sorta...
    IMG_2195.jpg

Now is the time to dress it up a bit. I split the cake log in half and made two...
    IMG_2196.jpg

Taste test 1:
    IMG_2197.jpg

Taste test 2:
    IMG_2198.jpg

Initial impressions:
    The cake tasted good and Chelsea agreed. She's my go to expert on all things chocolate. It was fairly dense, truth be told. Not sure how I feel about that just yet. I think next time I may alter the measurements slightly to try and produce a slightly more moist cake. However, with ice cream or a nice glass of milk it was pretty solid.

Overall... not bad for taking a few minutes to make and not heating up the kitchen. Will it become a regular thing? Hell no. Will it get busted out once in awhile just because? Probably.

DrZiplock on
  • Options
    TheStigTheStig Registered User regular
    edited August 2009
    Lockout wrote: »

it was pretty good

This this next time:
    3ec193676300c32f_SAUCE.jpg

TheStig on
    bnet: TheStig#1787 Steam: TheStig
  • Options
    Garlic BreadGarlic Bread i'm a bitch i'm a bitch i'm a bitch i'm a Registered User, Disagreeable regular
    edited August 2009
    TheStig wrote: »

it was pretty good

This this next time:

I love that stuff

Garlic Bread on
  • Options
    Garlic BreadGarlic Bread i'm a bitch i'm a bitch i'm a bitch i'm a Registered User, Disagreeable regular
    edited August 2009
    DrZiplock wrote: »
    Initial impressions:
    The cake tasted good and Chelsea agreed. She's my go to expert on all things chocolate. It was fairly dense, truth be told. Not sure how I feel about that just yet. I think next time I may alter the measurements slightly to try and produce a slightly more moist cake. However, with ice cream or a nice glass of milk it was pretty solid.

Overall... not bad for taking a few minutes to make and not heating up the kitchen. Will it become a regular thing? Hell no. Will it get busted out once in awhile just because? Probably.

I just made one. It was pretty good, but yeah, really dense. Also very hot (even after letting it sit for five minutes).

It's not the best, but it's not bad for when you're like "hey let's watch a movie" and you want some cake, too

Garlic Bread on
  • Options
    DrZiplockDrZiplock Registered User regular
    edited August 2009
    Keith wrote: »
    Initial impressions:

I just made one. It was pretty good, but yeah, really dense. Also very hot (even after letting it sit for five minutes).

It's not the best, but it's not bad for when you're like "hey let's watch a movie" and you want some cake, too

Exactly.

I think 2 minutes 15 seconds or so will do next time. I think it'll keep it from becoming too dense and up the moistness a bit.

DrZiplock on
  • Options
    Blake TBlake T Do you have enemies then? Good. That means you’ve stood up for something, sometime in your life.Registered User regular
    edited August 2009
    Keith wrote: »
    Initial impressions:

Exactly.

I think 2 minutes 15 seconds or so will do next time. I think it'll keep it from becoming too dense and up the moistness a bit.

I made a topic on mug cake a while ago before it was viscously closed down by Bogey (neva forget)

I ended up making it, the problem with the recipe is firstly you are cooking in a microwave with a mug. It's never going to be great, what I did was modify the recipe to lower the amount of egg by third and chop up some walnuts (or pecans) and chocolate chips and throw it in there to make it a bit lighter, the cake still has an issue of being a tad too dry however.

Blake T on
  • Options
    LockoutLockout I am still searching Registered User regular
    edited August 2009
    TheStig wrote: »

it was pretty good

This this next time:

might have to do that. what's the brand? I can't read the label

t amp'd: I just fried them and then mixed it all together on my plate. cleaned it up with some toast

really hit the spot for some reason

Lockout on
    f24GSaF.jpg
  • Options
    PiptheFairPiptheFair Frequently not in boats. Registered User regular
    edited August 2009
    it's sriracha

PiptheFair on
  • Options
    edited August 2009
    literally every single asian store has sriracha

PiptheFair on
  • Options
    Blake TBlake T Do you have enemies then? Good. That means you’ve stood up for something, sometime in your life.Registered User regular
    edited August 2009
    Here it is.

Also to the people talking about how disgusting the baggie for the omelette is it should be noted that if you ever get a nicely shaped poached egged in a restaurant I will be money that it was cooked a similar way to the omelette's recipe.

Blake T on
  • Options
    edited August 2009
    Blaket wrote: »
    Here it is.

Also to the people talking about how disgusting the baggie for the omelette is it should be noted that if you ever get a nicely shaped poached egged in a restaurant I will be money that it was cooked a similar way to the omelette's recipe.

I'd be willing to bet money it wasn't

PiptheFair on
  • Options
    AMP'dAMP'd Registered User regular
    edited August 2009
    Seeing this thread below the District 9 thread is sure something

AMP'd on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    edited August 2009
    PiptheFair wrote: »
    Here it is.

The idea of wrapping an egg in plastic wrap is not a new one and also allows it to hold a strong shape.

I wouldn't really call what was in the bag an omelette anyway, it seems to me more of a poached egged with stuff in it.

Blake T on
  • Options
    edited August 2009
    Here it is.

The idea of wrapping an egg in plastic wrap is not a new one and also allows it to hold a strong shape.

I wouldn't really call what was in the bag an omelette anyway, it seems to me more of a poached egged with stuff in it.

do you remember what I do, aside from yelling at people

PiptheFair on
  • Options
    OrikaeshigitaeOrikaeshigitae Registered User, ClubPA regular
    edited August 2009
    you are a student

Orikaeshigitae on
  • Options
    edited August 2009
    nope

PiptheFair on
  • Options
    Dead LegendDead Legend Registered User regular
    edited August 2009
    what is the best taco to eat when hungover, se++

is it the bean and cheese

is it the jack in the box crunchy tacos?

nay, it is neither, it is a greasy carne guisada with cheese

Dead Legend on
    diablo III - beardsnbeer#1508 Mechwarrior Online - Rusty Bock
  • Options
    DeadlySherpaDeadlySherpa Registered User regular
    edited August 2009
    I bet I don't have to read the thread to know that someone's said how silly it is to put eggs into a bag to make an omelet rather than just making one

DeadlySherpa on
    tf2_sig.png
  • Options
    edited August 2009
    Here it is.

While I will concede that it is not done with every poached egg is not cooked this way, saying it is not done at all is not correct either.

Blake T on
  • Options
    edited August 2009
    Here it is.

While I will concede that it is not done with every poached egg is not cooked this way, saying it is not done at all is not correct either.

the plastic would likely cost more than the eggs

shit, even mcdonalds just griddles their eggs in a mold

PiptheFair on
  • Options
    #pipe#pipe Cocky Stride, Musky odours Pope of Chili TownRegistered User regular
    edited August 2009
    there's some special way to poach eggs by spinning the water around or something

#pipe on
  • Options
    edited August 2009
    #pipe wrote: »
    there's some special way to poach eggs by spinning the water around or something

when you drop the egg in, you lightly stir the water to separate some of the albumen and thin egg white to make it look better

PiptheFair on
  • Options
    edited August 2009
    Here it is.

I am talking about plastic wrap which would cost all of 6 cents.

Secondly we are talking about poaching not frying eggs.

Blake T on
  • Options
    edited August 2009
    no I mean like seriously spinning that shit up like a little whirlpool

it makes the yolk stay in the centre or some shit

I saw an article about it when I had to write instructions for an Egg Poacher I designed packaging for

#pipe on
  • Options
    edited August 2009

when you drop the egg in, you lightly stir the water to separate some of the albumen and thin egg white to make it look better

I was always taught that if you whisk the water strongly to form a whirlpool to begin with when you drop it into the boiling water it will hold it's shape better due to the vortex holding it in place.

Blake T on
  • Options
    edited August 2009
    Here it is.

the egg mcmuffin is meant to be eggs benedict in sandwich form, the egg is griddled

also, eggs roughly cost a nickle

it's not practical to wrap poach and then unwrap an egg to make it look slightly better

PiptheFair on
  • Options
    The Lovely BastardThe Lovely Bastard Registered User regular
    edited August 2009
    pip make me a gourmet feast that consists of no less than 4 quail dishes

The Lovely Bastard on
    7656367.jpg
  • Options
    edited August 2009

I was always taught that if you whisk the water strongly to form a whirlpool to begin with when you drop it into the boiling water it will hold it's shape better due to the vortex holding it in place.

that will make it not smooth like a poached egg should be

PiptheFair on
  • Options
    edited August 2009
    pip make me a gourmet feast that consists of no less than 4 quail dishes

how much money you got

PiptheFair on
  • Options
    edited August 2009
    Griddle is a word that we don't use in Australia, Pip

or Britain for that matter

we just call that frying.

#pipe on
  • Options
    The Lovely BastardThe Lovely Bastard Registered User regular
    edited August 2009
    man I ain't paying for it chump

The Lovely Bastard on
    7656367.jpg
  • Options
    edited August 2009
    Griddle is a word that we don't use in Australia, Pip

or Britain for that matter

we just call that frying.

but griddling is what you do on a griddle

it's an important distinction to make

PiptheFair on
  • Options
    edited August 2009
    Here it is.

the egg mcmuffin is meant to be eggs benedict in sandwich form, the egg is griddled

also, eggs roughly cost a nickle

it's not practical to wrap poach and then unwrap an egg to make it look slightly better

Yeah we are also talking about fucking Macdonalds here, they are not the height of culinary excellence.

And if your argument is it's not worth the restaurants time to make it look better, then that restaurant has really shit presentation.

Blake T on
  • Options
    CalliusCallius Registered User regular
    edited August 2009
    Hey, Pip.

I took a shit today and it smelled like an Egg McMuffin. I can't quite explain it either.

Callius on
    tonksigblack.png