Options

A bag of eggs.

145791017

Posts

  • Options
    PiptheFairPiptheFair Frequently not in boats. Registered User regular
    edited August 2009
    Blaket wrote: »
    PiptheFair wrote: »
    Blaket wrote: »
    PiptheFair wrote: »
    Blaket wrote: »
    PiptheFair wrote: »
    Blaket wrote: »
    PiptheFair wrote: »
    Blaket wrote: »
    Here it is.

    Also to the people talking about how disgusting the baggie for the omelette is it should be noted that if you ever get a nicely shaped poached egged in a restaurant I will be money that it was cooked a similar way to the omelette's recipe.

    I'd be willing to bet money it wasn't

    The idea of wrapping an egg in plastic wrap is not a new one and also allows it to hold a strong shape.

    I wouldn't really call what was in the bag an omelette anyway, it seems to me more of a poached egged with stuff in it.

    do you remember what I do, aside from yelling at people

    While I will concede that it is not done with every poached egg is not cooked this way, saying it is not done at all is not correct either.

    the plastic would likely cost more than the eggs

    shit, even mcdonalds just griddles their eggs in a mold

    I am talking about plastic wrap which would cost all of 6 cents.

    Secondly we are talking about poaching not frying eggs.

    the egg mcmuffin is meant to be eggs benedict in sandwich form, the egg is griddled

    also, eggs roughly cost a nickle

    it's not practical to wrap poach and then unwrap an egg to make it look slightly better

    Yeah we are also talking about fucking Macdonalds here, they are not the height of culinary excellence.

    And if your argument is it's not worth the restaurants time to make it look better, then that restaurant has really shit presentation.

    alright, forget it

    you clearly know more about this subject than I do

    PiptheFair on
  • Options
    PiptheFairPiptheFair Frequently not in boats. Registered User regular
    edited August 2009
    Callius wrote: »
    Hey, Pip.

    I took a shit today and it smelled like an Egg McMuffin. I can't quite explain it either.

    did you eat a soy mcmuffin?

    PiptheFair on
  • Options
    #pipe#pipe Cocky Stride, Musky odours Pope of Chili TownRegistered User regular
    edited August 2009
    PiptheFair wrote: »
    #pipe wrote: »
    Griddle is a word that we don't use in Australia, Pip

    or Britain for that matter

    we just call that frying.

    but griddling is what you do on a griddle

    it's an important distinction to make

    well I mean

    it's dry frying something on a big plate instead of a little frypan

    #pipe on
  • Options
    PiptheFairPiptheFair Frequently not in boats. Registered User regular
    edited August 2009
    #pipe wrote: »
    PiptheFair wrote: »
    #pipe wrote: »
    Griddle is a word that we don't use in Australia, Pip

    or Britain for that matter

    we just call that frying.

    but griddling is what you do on a griddle

    it's an important distinction to make

    well I mean

    it's dry frying something on a big plate instead of a little frypan

    but it's significantly hotter and you are thinking of sauteeing which is what you do with a small amount of fat

    PiptheFair on
  • Options
    Blake TBlake T Do you have enemies then? Good. That means you’ve stood up for something, sometime in your life.Registered User regular
    edited August 2009
    Keep in mind Pipe it's also the country that calls pans skillets.

    Blake T on
  • Options
    PiptheFairPiptheFair Frequently not in boats. Registered User regular
    edited August 2009
    Blaket wrote: »
    Keep in mind Pipe it's also the country that calls pans skillets.

    what are you talking about

    are people from the commonwealth actually attempting to make fun of the french's culinary terms and definitions?

    really

    you're gonna do that?

    PiptheFair on
  • Options
    OrikaeshigitaeOrikaeshigitae Registered User, ClubPA regular
    edited August 2009
    pans and skillets are different though, arent' they?

    e: apparently not

    Orikaeshigitae on
  • Options
    #pipe#pipe Cocky Stride, Musky odours Pope of Chili TownRegistered User regular
    edited August 2009
    PiptheFair wrote: »
    #pipe wrote: »
    PiptheFair wrote: »
    #pipe wrote: »
    Griddle is a word that we don't use in Australia, Pip

    or Britain for that matter

    we just call that frying.

    but griddling is what you do on a griddle

    it's an important distinction to make

    well I mean

    it's dry frying something on a big plate instead of a little frypan

    but it's significantly hotter and you are thinking of sauteeing which is what you do with a small amount of fat

    I am not thinking of sauteeing I can assure you

    #pipe on
  • Options
    PiptheFairPiptheFair Frequently not in boats. Registered User regular
    edited August 2009
    pans and skillets are different though, arent' they?

    kinda

    a skillet is generally what people call a cast iron pan

    also, there is no such thing as dry frying

    frying denotes some amount of fat

    PiptheFair on
  • Options
    Blake TBlake T Do you have enemies then? Good. That means you’ve stood up for something, sometime in your life.Registered User regular
    edited August 2009
    PiptheFair wrote: »
    Blaket wrote: »
    Keep in mind Pipe it's also the country that calls pans skillets.

    what are you talking about

    are people from the commonwealth actually attempting to make fun of the french's culinary terms and definitions?

    really

    you're gonna do that?

    Nah man, I'm just more poking fun at how cooking terms seem to be the most common things to swap around.

    It never really occured to me until I saw some magical exotic herb called Cillantro in a book and I was all, the fuck is this fancy shit.

    I was disappointed to learn that it was oregano.

    Blake T on
  • Options
    Dead LegendDead Legend Registered User regular
    edited August 2009
    Callius wrote: »
    Hey, Pip.

    I took a shit today and it smelled like an Egg McMuffin. I can't quite explain it either.

    when i indulge in a McGangbang, my farts smell like it for the rest of the day.

    it's not as pleasant as it sounds on my end, either.

    Dead Legend on
    diablo III - beardsnbeer#1508 Mechwarrior Online - Rusty Bock
  • Options
    PiptheFairPiptheFair Frequently not in boats. Registered User regular
    edited August 2009
    cilantro is not oregano

    at all

    dru will be along shortly to rape you

    PiptheFair on
  • Options
    #pipe#pipe Cocky Stride, Musky odours Pope of Chili TownRegistered User regular
    edited August 2009
    Cilantro is Coriander Blake.

    #pipe on
  • Options
    Blake TBlake T Do you have enemies then? Good. That means you’ve stood up for something, sometime in your life.Registered User regular
    edited August 2009
    PiptheFair wrote: »
    cilantro is not oregano

    at all

    dru will be along shortly to rape you

    You are right actually, I was thinking of coriander.

    Blake T on
  • Options
    slowslow Registered User regular
    edited August 2009
    i was pretty pumped to try this "marijuana" i've been hearing so much about, but it turns out that's just another name for oregano

    slow on
  • Options
    PiptheFairPiptheFair Frequently not in boats. Registered User regular
    edited August 2009
    you are giving me a stroke

    PiptheFair on
  • Options
    PiptheFairPiptheFair Frequently not in boats. Registered User regular
    edited August 2009
    coriander, cilantro and oregano are all completely separate herbs that taste nothing alike at all

    PiptheFair on
  • Options
    slowslow Registered User regular
    edited August 2009
    no, coriander is cilantro

    slow on
  • Options
    AMP'dAMP'd Registered User regular
    edited August 2009
    cilantro is too soapy

    AMP'd on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    #pipe#pipe Cocky Stride, Musky odours Pope of Chili TownRegistered User regular
    edited August 2009
    PiptheFair wrote: »
    coriander, cilantro and oregano are all completely separate herbs that taste nothing alike at all
    wiki wrote:
    Coriander (Coriandrum sativum) is an annual herb in the family Apiaceae. It is also known as cilantro, particularly in the Americas.

    #pipe on
  • Options
    #pipe#pipe Cocky Stride, Musky odours Pope of Chili TownRegistered User regular
    edited August 2009
    ITT, pip is no longer allowed to act high and mighty about food

    #pipe on
  • Options
    PiptheFairPiptheFair Frequently not in boats. Registered User regular
    edited August 2009
    coriander is cilantro seeds

    cilantro is the leaf

    they taste completely different

    PiptheFair on
  • Options
    slowslow Registered User regular
    edited August 2009
    do you remember what he does, pipe?

    slow on
  • Options
    DruhimDruhim Registered User, ClubPA regular
    edited August 2009
    #pipe wrote: »
    ITT, pip is no longer allowed to act high and mighty about food
    hi5

    Druhim on
    belruelotterav-1.jpg
  • Options
    DruhimDruhim Registered User, ClubPA regular
    edited August 2009
    PiptheFair wrote: »
    coriander is cilantro seeds
    yes, so it is cilantro
    just a different part of the plant

    Druhim on
    belruelotterav-1.jpg
  • Options
    PiptheFairPiptheFair Frequently not in boats. Registered User regular
    edited August 2009
    oh look at that, people are still wrong except me

    PiptheFair on
  • Options
    TrillianTrillian Registered User regular
    edited August 2009
    Yeah I am pretty convinced that cilantro is the green leafy part and coriander is the seed of the same plant.

    Trillian on

    They cast a shadow like a sundial in the morning light. It was half past 10.
  • Options
    PiptheFairPiptheFair Frequently not in boats. Registered User regular
    edited August 2009
    Druhim wrote: »
    PiptheFair wrote: »
    coriander is cilantro seeds
    yes, so it is cilantro
    just a different part of the plant

    that tastes completely different

    PiptheFair on
  • Options
    AMP'dAMP'd Registered User regular
    edited August 2009
    slow wrote: »
    do you remember what he does, pipe?

    he works at a respectable Italian restaurant

    uh

    he works behind an Italian restaurant

    AMP'd on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    #pipe#pipe Cocky Stride, Musky odours Pope of Chili TownRegistered User regular
    edited August 2009
    PiptheFair wrote: »
    coriander is cilantro seeds

    cilantro is the leaf

    they taste completely different

    Except everywhere else in the world

    the leaves are called Coriander

    and the seeds are called Coriander Seeds

    #pipe on
  • Options
    slowslow Registered User regular
    edited August 2009
    PiptheFair wrote: »
    coriander is cilantro seeds

    cilantro is the leaf

    they taste completely different
    the leaf is also referred to as coriander in many parts of the world

    and regardless, your statement that they were three separate herbs is false any way you look at it, since coriander the herb and cilantro the herb are identical

    slow on
  • Options
    PiptheFairPiptheFair Frequently not in boats. Registered User regular
    edited August 2009
    slow wrote: »
    PiptheFair wrote: »
    coriander is cilantro seeds

    cilantro is the leaf

    they taste completely different
    the leaf is also referred to as coriander in many parts of the world

    and regardless, your statement that they were three separate herbs is false any way you look at it, since coriander the herb and cilantro the herb are identical

    and language differences lol?

    PiptheFair on
  • Options
    slowslow Registered User regular
    edited August 2009
    INTERNET

    slow on
  • Options
    slowslow Registered User regular
    edited August 2009
    i don't think you can write off trying to call coriander seed, the spice, an herb as "language differences"

    slow on
  • Options
    #pipe#pipe Cocky Stride, Musky odours Pope of Chili TownRegistered User regular
    edited August 2009
    PiptheFair wrote: »
    slow wrote: »
    PiptheFair wrote: »
    coriander is cilantro seeds

    cilantro is the leaf

    they taste completely different
    the leaf is also referred to as coriander in many parts of the world

    and regardless, your statement that they were three separate herbs is false any way you look at it, since coriander the herb and cilantro the herb are identical

    and language differences lol?

    this is kind of funny

    in a way

    #pipe on
  • Options
    Blake TBlake T Do you have enemies then? Good. That means you’ve stood up for something, sometime in your life.Registered User regular
    edited August 2009
    I made some toasted 8 spice powder the other day.

    It had the following.

    Juniper berries
    Whole star anise
    White peppercorns
    cinnamon quills
    Salt
    Cardamom pods
    and a pinch of saffron.

    It smells piney and anisey and delicious.

    Blake T on
  • Options
    DogDog Registered User, Administrator, Vanilla Staff admin
    edited August 2009
    its like 85 degrees in my living room and my bedroom couldnt be more than 70

    Unknown User on
  • Options
    DruhimDruhim Registered User, ClubPA regular
    edited August 2009
    Blaket wrote: »
    I made some toasted 8 spice powder the other day.

    It had the following.

    Juniper berries
    Whole star anise
    White peppercorns
    cinnamon quills
    Salt
    Cardamom pods
    and a pinch of saffron.

    It smells piney and anisey and delicious.
    awesome

    Druhim on
    belruelotterav-1.jpg
  • Options
    msuitepyonmsuitepyon Registered User regular
    edited August 2009
    Yay foodie thread!

    My wife and I registered for a bunch of cooking shit for our wedding (including Le Creuset) and have been cooking up a storm since.

    msuitepyon on
  • Options
    Tweaked_Bat_Tweaked_Bat_ Registered User regular
    edited August 2009
    So I know this person who tried to cook lamb cutlets in a toaster.

    Tweaked_Bat_ on
Sign In or Register to comment.