As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[Phalla] Persona: Innocent Sin [Finale: Harmony & Discord]

• Options
    HamHamJHamHamJ Registered User regular
    edited August 2009
    retract JaysonFour

Aroduc because I think someone just slipped up and admitted being massoned with people, which is more likely to mean mafia than not.

HamHamJ on
    While racing light mechs, your Urbanmech comes in second place, but only because it ran out of ammo.
  • Options
    edited August 2009
    Or at least a faction that is not me because I'm a vanillager. :P

HamHamJ on
    While racing light mechs, your Urbanmech comes in second place, but only because it ran out of ammo.
  • Options
    KageraKagera Imitating the worst people. Since 2004Registered User regular
    edited August 2009
    Oh ho ho Aroduc you silly goose.

Kagera on
    My neck, my back, my FUPA and my crack.
  • Options
    edited August 2009
    Wait, I did that wrong.

Aroduc
    Fatal3RROR
    Aroduc

Kagera on
  • Options
    AroducAroduc regular
    edited August 2009
    Nocturne wrote: »
    Aroduc wrote: »
    The majority(75%) of the players will be compromised of separate factions seeking victory and survival. The minority will be two separate factions each seeking to destroy one another, and overwhelm the majority. They can accomplish this either through homicide, or strength of numbers.

Idiots.

Okay, I meant that we're not masoned with our faction members.

You know, except for you mafia types.

Edit: Yes I said that wrong. It is a faction game. Aroduc was saying that you should fuse with people in your own faction, and we're wondering how he would know who is in his faction yet.

Maybe I misunderstood my role then, because the only goal I have listed is survival and my faction is tiny, so I assumed it was the same for everybody. And all of our (reporting) abilities are kind of terrible or incomprehensible.

I'm still leaving the vote standing though. It's better logic than "I looked at an RNG."

Aroduc on
  • Options
    TehSlothTehSloth Hit Or Miss I Guess They Never Miss, HuhRegistered User regular
    edited August 2009
    Hmm, this bandwagon is awfully fishy, especially when someone on it claims to be a vanillager in a game where everyone is part of a faction and has a power...

TehSloth on
    FC: 1993-7778-8872 PSN: TehSloth Xbox: SlothTeh
    twitch.tv/tehsloth
  • Options
    LoveIsUnityLoveIsUnity Registered User regular
    edited August 2009
    I tend to agree with the Aroduc decision, but I'm willing to be proved wrong, and, in that case, I will retract my vote.

LoveIsUnity on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    edited August 2009
    TehSloth wrote: »
    Hmm, this bandwagon is awfully fishy, especially when someone on it claims to be a vanillager in a game where everyone is part of a faction and has a power...

Since everyone has a power, having a power does not make you not a vanillager.

Are the different schools the factions? Because if so then I guess I am in a faction. But I'm not masioned with mine so I still find someone else being so suspicious.

HamHamJ on
  • Options
    JaysonFourJaysonFour Classy Monster Kitteh Registered User regular
    edited August 2009
    When's the end of Day 1? Do we know when it is yet?

JaysonFour on
    steam_sig.png
    I can has cheezburger, yes?
  • Options
    edited August 2009
    HamHamJ wrote: »

Are the different schools the factions? Because if so then I guess I am in a faction. But I'm not masioned with mine so I still find someone else being so suspicious.

Kime said he had a fusion buddy, so maybe he's masoned too?

Kagera on
  • Options
    AroducAroduc regular
    edited August 2009
    *shrug* Whatever. My power's deflection (switch the target of someone else's power to a target of my own), and I'm happy to prove it. God knows there's nothing else intelligent I can do with it unless I survive to the last 4 people or something.

Day ends at 8pm pst I think.

Aroduc on
  • Options
    edited August 2009
    Kagera wrote: »

Kime said he had a fusion buddy, so maybe he's masoned too?

I thought Kime just found some random people to fuse with. Because it's Kime.

EDIT: Aroduc, if what you say is true, you should pick someone and tell them who you are masioned with (or give them a password or something) so that when we kill and you turn up good your masion buddies can start a network.

HamHamJ on
  • Options
    edited August 2009
    But then what kind of random person would just fuse with Kime?

Sounds pretty damn shady unless you know what's going to happen or don't care.

Kagera on
  • Options
    TehSlothTehSloth Hit Or Miss I Guess They Never Miss, HuhRegistered User regular
    edited August 2009

I would say having a power pretty much explicitly makes you not a vanillager, regardless of what everyone else's powers are, and yes, the different schools are the factions as far as I'm aware..

TehSloth on
    twitch.tv/tehsloth
  • Options
    edited August 2009
    *shrug* Whatever. My power's deflection (switch the target of someone else's power to a target of my own), and I'm happy to prove it. God knows there's nothing else intelligent I can do with it unless I survive to the last 4 people or something.

Day ends at 8pm pst I think.

Actually, that power was used pretty heavily, and with good effect in the Vampire game LonelyAhava ran. Good times, lots of misdirection and whatnot.

TehSloth on
    twitch.tv/tehsloth
  • Options
    edited August 2009

I would say having a power pretty much explicitly makes you not a vanillager, regardless of what everyone else's powers are, and yes, the different schools are the factions as far as I'm aware..

I'd say it's all relative. If you are village-aligned and are no more special than anyone else, you are a vanillager. Which in this phalla means having a Persona.

But actual specials would be people with Persona and other abilities.

HamHamJ on
  • Options
    AroducAroduc regular
    edited August 2009
    I'm not really seeing how misdirection would help here.

Aroduc on
  • Options
    edited August 2009
    You know what, that kind of irks me now that I think about it.

Aroduc
    Kime

Unless your power is terribly worthless just randomly fusing with strangers is kind of stupid and could serve to bite the village in the ass by giving the mafia some uber-power.

I know Kime is Kime but the idea behind Phalla is actually to play the game to help your team win and assuming your team is the village you are doing it wrong. And if it's not you're likely mafia.

Either way I do not approve of this free fusing hippie thing.

Kagera on
  • Options
    DasUberEdwardDasUberEdward Registered User regular
    edited August 2009
    retract JaysonFour

Aroduc because I think someone just slipped up and admitted being massoned with people, which is more likely to mean mafia than not.

F'realz

Aroduc.

F'realz.

DasUberEdward on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    OatsOats Registered User regular
    edited August 2009
    I'm not really seeing how misdirection would help here.

It grants a degree of safety, for an appetizer.

Chaos is power wh
    en used properly.

Oats on
  • Options
    edited August 2009
    8 p.m. PST... that's 11 p.m. here. Okay, that's good to know.

JaysonFour on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    LoveIsUnityLoveIsUnity Registered User regular
    edited August 2009
    I find it at least slightly suspicious that people don't seem to be interrogating or voting for Oats.

LoveIsUnity on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    JebusUDJebusUD Adventure! Candy IslandRegistered User regular
    edited August 2009
    I find it at least slightly suspicious that people don't seem to be interrogating or voting for Oats.

We did that last phalla and it turned out to be a good guy. But we kinda already knew that. Post restrictions like that dont normally go to mafia.

JebusUD on
    and I wonder about my neighbors even though I don't have them
    but they're listening to every word I say
  • Options
    edited August 2009
    Maybe if we run out of ideas we can drop Oats and see where that leads. Or we could seer him.

JaysonFour on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    cj iwakuracj iwakura The Rhythm Regent Bears The Name FreedomRegistered User regular
    edited August 2009
    A couple things I neglected to mention/reminders:

-Retractions aren't necessary, but feel free if you want. I'll count the last vote made by each player.

-You can spread all the public and private rumors you like, but if they are not PMed to Philemon by someone for confirmation, they will amount to nothing.

-This will not apply to rumors posed to Rumormongers. They operate somewhat differently.

Oh, and I believe 14 players remain to vote(16 counting retractions).

cj iwakura on
    wVEsyIc.png
  • Options
    OatsOats Registered User regular
    edited August 2009
    Do you not see? I am the only bastion of sanity.

The only bastion of truth.

Wh
    y question truth and purity?

Oats on
  • Options
    AroducAroduc regular
    edited August 2009
    Some personas talk like that. I think it's the ones with a chaos type (as opposed to playful, childish, sexy, arrogant, intellectual, etc), but that could just be because the last one I played was Devil Summoner 2 and the main thing I remember using it was... fuck... that skeleton one whose name escapes me.

Aroduc on
  • Options
    kimekime Queen of Blades Registered User regular
    edited August 2009
    Hahaha, you guys amuse me. Don't have time to comment more, but I always love reading the back and forth of Phallas :P.

kime on
    Battle.net ID: kime#1822
    3DS Friend Code: 3110-5393-4113
    Steam profile
  • Options
    NocturneNocturne Registered User regular
    edited August 2009
    kime wrote: »
    Hahaha, you guys amuse me. Don't have time to comment more, but I always love reading the back and forth of Phallas :P.

I'm funny how, I mean funny like I'm a clown, I amuse you? I make you laugh, I'm here to fuckin' amuse you? What do you mean funny, funny how? How am I funny?

Nocturne on
  • Options
    Dunadan019Dunadan019 Registered User regular
    edited August 2009
    guys, I heard that all post restrictions are optional.

Dunadan019 on
  • Options
    RingoRingo He/Him a distinct lack of substanceRegistered User regular
    edited August 2009
    JebusUD wrote: »
    What is going on here young children! I leave you 40 alone in here for one minute! Just wait till your father gets home!

I think Powerpuppies needs to take a timeout, young man!
    !Powerpuppies

Ringo on
    Sterica wrote: »
    I know my last visit to my grandpa on his deathbed was to find out how the whole Nazi werewolf thing turned out.
    Edcrab's Exigency RPG
  • Options
    edited August 2009
    Dunadan019 wrote: »
    guys, I heard that all post restrictions are optional.

I heard that pants are also optional.

Nocturne on
  • Options
    AroducAroduc regular
    edited August 2009
    Alright, well, I'm going out to dinner and a movie with the family in about 20 minutes, so unless someone tells me to deflect X's power (assumably their own) onto Y by the time I get out of the shower, I'll deflect... uh... Oats' onto Nocturne. That should at least tell somebody something, though damned if I know what. I wonder if I could deflect my own power...

Aroduc on
  • Options
    MrBlarneyMrBlarney Registered User regular
    edited August 2009
    Hrm. As long as my rumor passes, fusion should be a generally good thing. The important thing for the two major village factions to do first is to find out information about the minority faction(s) and eliminate them. Of course, a power balance is important to maintain for the endgame, but the foremost goal is to take out the game's 'mafia'. Fusion will be more likely to benefit villagers than mafia members, so the slow power buildup should be a recommended plan of action. Of course, one would like to fuse with members of ones' own faction, but any general power increase will be helpful. Mafia members already have a leg up on the situation in this fashion - they know who to fuse with to increase their group's general power.

... anyone looking for a fusion partner still?

I'm gonna !vote for HamHamJ for now. I don't think the Aroduc argument is too strong, and the initial bandwagon push feels like it originates from him to me. Spreadsheet up shortly.

EDIT: Current Spreadsheet (up to post 275)

MrBlarney on
    4463rwiq7r47.png
  • Options
    edited August 2009
    I'll deflect... uh... Oats' onto Nocturne.

That sounds painful.

Nocturne on
  • Options
    Kid PresentableKid Presentable Registered User regular
    edited August 2009
    If there is a group of people in the game who are distinctly not in contact with their faction members, wouldn't it stand to reason that Arudoc, who appears to be in contact with his faction members, is at the very least a part of one of the "special" groups?

My experience in faction based games is that people often get caught up in "omg who is the "mafia" faction?!?" when there isn't necessarily one in that traditional sense, but... that doesn't mean there isn't a small group that has more powers than your "standard" groups.

Kid Presentable on
  • Options
    edited August 2009
    If there is a group of people in the game who are distinctly not in contact with their faction members, wouldn't it stand to reason that Arudoc, who appears to be in contact with his faction members, is at the very least a part of one of the "special" groups?

My experience in faction based games is that people often get caught up in "omg who is the "mafia" faction?!?" when there isn't necessarily one in that traditional sense, but... that doesn't mean there isn't a small group that has more powers than your "standard" groups.
    The OP wrote:
    The majority(75%) of the players will be compromised of separate factions seeking victory and survival. The minority will be two separate factions each seeking to destroy one another, and overwhelm the majority.

I would guess the second part would be it, and I think they would be closest to the mafia in terms of needing to eliminate the biggest number of people to win, hence knowing each other from the start.

Nocturne on
  • Options
    Kid PresentableKid Presentable Registered User regular
    edited August 2009
    I think I agree with that.

Kid Presentable on
  • Options
    Kay2Kay2 Registered User regular
    edited August 2009
    The part that talks about 'lots of crossfire between those factions' worries me, though. If the majority allow one or the other of those two groups to become dominant, then they'll start on us, I think? Unless they can convert. Nothing in the OP about conversions, though.

Kay2 on
  • Options
    edited August 2009
    Hey Aroduc can you please not redirect mr. crazyface's power onto me? I would appreciate it.

Nocturne on