As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[WAR]Just wondering?

xchasefxchasef Registered User new member
edited August 2009 in MMO Extravaganza
I was thinking about giving it a go. I would like a good MMO to play and I freaking hate WOW. I have Guildwars though I and I somewhat enjoy that. How would you guys compare WOW to WAR?

xchasef on

• Options
    Lucky CynicLucky Cynic Registered User regular
    edited August 2009
    First off, we do have a WAR thread already in full swing. I would not compare WoW to WAR because that is kind of like comparing lemons to oranges. Sure, both look kinda similar, but they appeal to different crowds. If you are no novice to MMOs, you will find WAR very easy to jump into and yet it will still have a lot of depth that just does not shine through in a lot of MMOs, at least not until very late in the leveling scheme.

In WAR, you can level up however you like, doing raiding content (Public Quests), doing various quests (PvE), doing Counter Strike like rounds of instanced PvP, (Scenarios), or do massive open fiend attacks on keeps with your allies against waves of enemies (RvR (Realm versus Realm)).

While some people with point out that WAR does not have the highest subscription counts, it certainly does a lot of things right. You do NOT have to race to level up to experience cool content. WAR has got some damn fine quests and enjoyable RvR right from the very start, and I have a good handful of alts that I have created at the beginning of a week end, just for the sake of PvPing and before I know it, I have got myself another sanctioned alt. :P

WAR does have its rough edges though, but if you find a good guild, have a decent computer, and have basic intelligence of how to play a game, WAR is definitely worth a shot. You can also ask someone in the WAR thread for a trial and they will promptly deliver one so you can give WAR a shot. It deserves that much at the very least. :)

Lucky Cynic on