Options

[Guildwars 2] New Races of Tyria Trailer Out in 720p and 1080p!!!

• Options
    EnigEnig a.k.a. Ansatz Registered User regular
    edited August 2009
    Fucking awesome. Once more pumped for GW2.

Enig on
    ibpFhR6PdsPw80.png
    Steam (Ansatz) || GW2 officer (Ansatz.6498)
  • Options
    Pajama_ManPajama_Man Registered User regular
    edited August 2009
    oh my god D:

I want to play this NOW!

Oh yea,

I had a little deja vu at the beginning of the trailer...

http://www.gametrailers.com/player/42708.html

BUT ofcourse the GW2 trailer is 1000x more freaken more epic.

Pajama_Man on
    camo_sig.png
  • Options
    sidhaethesidhaethe Registered User regular
    edited August 2009
    omg omg omg omg *breathes into paper bag*

Rarrr I want to finish up EotN with my main now, and maybe run through with a couple of my other characters, but my bf won't play with me because of the f'in jumping!

Anybody want to start up a "complete EotN" weekend group or something? I'm pretty much over the campaigns themselves, I just want to finish up the storyline :).

sidhaethe on
  • Options
    LasbrookLasbrook It takes a lot to make a stew When it comes to me and youRegistered User regular
    edited August 2009
    I just.. holy fucking shit. This is the only response i have:

Every time i watch the trailer I

That song is just epic (the one playing in the trailer) i need it now.

Lasbrook on
  • Options
    Pajama_ManPajama_Man Registered User regular
    edited August 2009
    The only thing missing from that trailer is synchronized dancing... :winky:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KzYUkUXQv6w

Pajama_Man on
    camo_sig.png
  • Options
    Bendery It Like BeckhamBendery It Like Beckham Hopeless Registered User regular
    edited August 2009
    It's so beautiful...

Shame I'll just be rolling a human monk

Bendery It Like Beckham on
  • Options
    Zen VulgarityZen Vulgarity What a lovely day for tea Secret British ThreadRegistered User regular
    edited August 2009
    This game just slipped into my top three.

Sorry, Mass Effect 2.

Zen Vulgarity on
  • Options
    WassermeloneWassermelone Registered User regular
    edited August 2009
    My secret shame is that I desperately wanted to play a polar bear man when I saw them.

Are they even a race? It seemed like it showed their home city... but it didn't show them in the races money shot at the end.

Wassermelone on
  • Options
    MgsleeMgslee United StatesRegistered User regular
    edited August 2009
    My secret shame is that I desperately wanted to play a polar bear man when I saw them.

Are they even a race? It seemed like it showed their home city... but it didn't show them in the races money shot at the end.

From the FAQ
    Norn - The norn are towering brawlers from the frigid northern lands who can shape-shift into mighty bestial forms. Driven from their homeland by a force beyond reckoning, the norn have regrouped among the dwarven ruins of the Shiverpeaks.

Shapeshifters!

Mgslee on
    Hit me up for SSF4 games! (Xbox Live mgslee)
  • Options
    DarmakDarmak RAGE vympyvvhyc vyctyvyRegistered User regular
    edited August 2009
    Mgslee wrote: »

From the FAQ
    Norn - The norn are towering brawlers from the frigid northern lands who can shape-shift into mighty bestial forms. Driven from their homeland by a force beyond reckoning, the norn have regrouped among the dwarven ruins of the Shiverpeaks.

Shapeshifters!

I think they just turn into bears (if the Norn from GW1 were any indication). Which is still hella awesome.

Also, that trailer was awesome and I'm so going to pre-order the collector's edition so hard it will make the person I talk to uncomfortable.

Darmak on
    JtgVX0H.png
  • Options
    ShurakaiShurakai Registered User regular
    edited August 2009
    Do Want

I've been looking for an cheap outlet for my latent WoW addiction (thats not some crappy korean MMO) and this looks to be the solution. I kind of hope it doesn't hit while i'm in college though, for obvious reasons.

I for one love the variety of races. I'm for variety in all forms.

Shurakai on
  • Options
    MelksterMelkster Registered User regular
    edited August 2009
    Shurakai wrote: »
    I've been looking for an cheap outlet for my latent WoW addiction (thats not some crappy korean MMO) and this looks to be the solution. I kind of hope it doesn't hit while i'm in college though, for obvious reasons.

I loved playing Guild Wars while in college.

Nothing like staying up til like 6 in the morning holding the Halls of Heroes...

And then being late to your 1 pm class saying, "Sorry, sorry, I overslept."

Melkster on
  • Options
    NAND NORNAND NOR Registered User regular
    edited August 2009
    I appreciate how the races seem to avoid falling into the typical stereotypes. It's refreshing to see a fantasy that doesn't resort to the standard orc, elves, etc.

NAND NOR on
    moebius.jpg
  • Options
    edited August 2009
    NAND NOR wrote: »
    I appreciate how the races seem to avoid falling into the typical stereotypes. It's refreshing to see a fantasy that doesn't resort to the standard orc, elves, etc.

(They do have dwarves)

Melkster on
  • Options
    HorseshoeHorseshoe Registered User regular
    edited August 2009
    I actually liked having all the characters as humans.

I can accept being in the minority on this one.

Horseshoe on
    dmsigsmallek3.jpg
  • Options
    GeodGeod swim, swim, hungryRegistered User regular
    edited August 2009
    Melkster wrote: »

(They do have dwarves)

Not a lot though... most are turned to stone, and they're not playable in GW2.

Also, trailer has jumping, and they've also said there's some sort of underwater exploration/combat, though supposedly different than what we'd be thinking.

I have a lot of fond memories playing GW1 for ~5 years now, I hope I have plenty of memories of GW2 as well :)

EDIT: Another nice interview/preview - http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/guild-wars-2-preview_4

Geod on
  • Options
    CmdPromptCmdPrompt Registered User regular
    edited August 2009
    Far as I can tell, Sylvari are your standard nature elves, Charr the angry fire beastmen, Asura the magic + machine Gnomes, and, well, Humans.

To be fair, they have their own riffs on the concept, but they're still pretty stereotypical.

CmdPrompt on
    GxewS.png
  • Options
    NAND NORNAND NOR Registered User regular
    edited August 2009
    CmdPrompt wrote: »
    Far as I can tell, Sylvari are your standard nature elves, Charr the angry fire beastmen, Asura the magic + machine Gnomes, and, well, Humans.

To be fair, they have their own riffs on the concept, but they're still pretty stereotypical.

I think that's over generalizing everything quite a bit. I can't recall any games I've played that had anything quite like the Charr in a significant role. Every race and their lands seem pretty distinct, at least visually. To me anyway.

NAND NOR on
    moebius.jpg
  • Options
    reVersereVerse Attack and Dethrone God Registered User regular
    edited August 2009
    Well, I hope they have the Dervish (or something similar) as a class. Crazy scythe AoE damage was awesome.

reVerse on
  • Options
    Dagan_RyderDagan_Ryder Registered User regular
    edited August 2009
    Just seeing jump animations in the trailer makes me happy.

I'm curious about the "quality" vs "quantity" argument for spells. I loved that there were 800 zillion spells you could mix and match. My favorite part of the game was thinking of new skill builds.

The PVE I always felt was missing something. I'm hopeful that making the world more persistent and having "events" makes it more exciting.

Dagan_Ryder on
  • Options
    edited August 2009
    The PVE I always felt was missing something. I'm hopeful that making the world more persistent and having "events" makes it more exciting.

I enjoyed the story of the first Guild Wars, which is what PvE was about for me.

The expansion packs... not so much. I didn't really like the stories.

Horseshoe on
    dmsigsmallek3.jpg
  • Options
    EliminationElimination Registered User regular
    edited August 2009
    Damn that new trailer got my hyped. Day one purchase for sure now. I loved the original and was one of the only MMO's i ever put a lot of time into. I can't wait for this.

Elimination on
    PSN: PA_Elimination 3DS: 4399-2012-1711 Steam: http://steamcommunity.com/id/TheElimination/
  • Options
    TheCrumblyCrackerTheCrumblyCracker Registered User regular
    edited August 2009
    Mgslee wrote: »

From the FAQ

Shapeshifters!

I am now interested in this game.

TheCrumblyCracker on
  • Options
    WoaDWoaD Registered User regular
    edited August 2009
    Oh Man Oh Man Oh Man!

Can't wait for this one. Have to finish GWEN Though.

WoaD on
  • Options
    ShensShens Portland, ORRegistered User regular
    edited August 2009
    I am sad to see they are only marketing the PvE thus far. Not too surprised though. The FAQ says nothing about PvP.

When GW was being released, they were hyping it as a PvP game. It seems they have learned where the real money comes from. Which was evident from all of the Guild Wars expansions.

I look forward to more info on Guild vs Guild and Tournament style (HoH/Tombs) options.

Shens on
  • Options
    CmdPromptCmdPrompt Registered User regular
    edited August 2009
    Shens wrote: »
    I am sad to see they are only marketing the PvE thus far. Not too surprised though. The FAQ says nothing about PvP.

When GW was being released, they were hyping it as a PvP game. It seems they have learned where the real money comes from. Which was evident from all of the Guild Wars expansions.

I look forward to more info on Guild vs Guild and Tournament style (HoH/Tombs) options.
    Take a look at the interview posted, they talk about how PvP is a driving force.

Specifically:
    However, player-versus-player has always been hugely important to Guild Wars - guilds regularly compete for thousands in cash prizes - and ArenaNet is obviously keen to keep the attention of its hardcore players, offering the same jump-right-in PvP system where everyone has access to the same skills and equipment, and success is determined by strategy. "We wanted to give our competitive players, who were a really important part of our GW1 audience, what they want," says Flannum. "Those people don't want to lose to someone who's just played more time than them. They want access to all the same skills as the other person, and they want it to be their skill in making and executing a character build to be what wins them the day."

CmdPrompt on
    GxewS.png
  • Options
    KajustaKajusta Registered User regular
    edited August 2009
    Everyone expects a Guild Wars game to have PVP in it

They are just building on the PvE more, since ArenaNet pretty much has the PVP thing down

Kajusta on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    XBL
  • Options
    LasbrookLasbrook It takes a lot to make a stew When it comes to me and youRegistered User regular
    edited August 2009
    Not to mention the PVE part is seeing alot larger revisions to it than i imagine the PVP is so everyone's curious as hell about it.

I've never been a big pvper, as long as they have some equivalent of alliance battles 250 years in the future i'm set.

Lasbrook on
  • Options
    edited August 2009

Take a look at the interview posted, they talk about how PvP is a driving force.

Specifically:
    However, player-versus-player has always been hugely important to Guild Wars - guilds regularly compete for thousands in cash prizes - and ArenaNet is obviously keen to keep the attention of its hardcore players, offering the same jump-right-in PvP system where everyone has access to the same skills and equipment, and success is determined by strategy. "We wanted to give our competitive players, who were a really important part of our GW1 audience, what they want," says Flannum. "Those people don't want to lose to someone who's just played more time than them. They want access to all the same skills as the other person, and they want it to be their skill in making and executing a character build to be what wins them the day."

<3<3

Too bad Gaile Grey called us the "Vocal Minority." I really like their suggestion that PvPers wont have to grind the unlocks. The unlock grind was pretty horrible at release, but got much better as the game went on. I really hope we see continuing content in GvG this time. We only saw 4 guild halls per expansion. Spectator mode was a fantastic addition that would have went a long way to increasing the PvP community if it was released earlier.

I am curious to see how the interface will work. I thought the GW interface was perfect for PvP. The assisting and target calling was beautifully implemented.

Shens on
  • Options
    DisDis Registered User regular
    edited August 2009
    In GW you lose to someone becos you don't have access to the skills unless you buy the expansion.

GW1 pretty much feels like a BETA to me.
    I hope they make GW2 right.

Dis on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    Shorn Scrotum ManShorn Scrotum Man Registered User regular
    edited August 2009
    Dis wrote: »
    In GW you lose to someone becos you don't have access to the skills unless you buy the expansion.

It's been almost a year since EotN was released. It is not unrealistic to expect people who want to pvp to have a robust selection of skills available to them.

Shorn Scrotum Man on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    edited August 2009
    I am curious to see how the interface will work. I thought the GW interface was perfect for PvP. The assisting and target calling was beautifully implemented.

I agree.

It was also very suitable for folks with less than stellar internet connections.

I hope they stick with that design principle.

Horseshoe on
    dmsigsmallek3.jpg
  • Options
    edited August 2009

It's been almost a year since EotN was released. It is not unrealistic to expect people who want to pvp to have a robust selection of skills available to them.

I still haven't get GW:EN yet.
    Still unsure whether I should get it.

Dis on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    Shorn Scrotum ManShorn Scrotum Man Registered User regular
    edited August 2009
    Well, it's good. Do you like fun?

Shorn Scrotum Man on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    EliminationElimination Registered User regular
    edited August 2009

I still haven't get GW:EN yet.
    Still unsure whether I should get it.

Because you dont want to buy the expansions, this game is like a bad beta to you? That is the stupidest comment i've read in a while. How is it a beta because you personally choose not to purchase the expansions, did you think they'd just give you expansion content for free or something? o_O

Elimination on
    PSN: PA_Elimination 3DS: 4399-2012-1711 Steam: http://steamcommunity.com/id/TheElimination/
  • Options
    edited August 2009
    I own GW, GW:Faction and GW Nightfall.
    And I pretty much quit after Nightfall thanks to that stupid realm of torment or something.

Being dissapointed with it is what stopping me from buying GW:EN

GW series feel like a BETA to me due to the way the game systems works and changes.

Dis on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    edited August 2009
    And I pretty much quit after Nightfall thanks to that stupid realm of torment or something.

GW series feel like a BETA to me due to the way the game systems works and changes.

So all MMORPGs are in BETA?

Game systems? Like Super Nintendo and Sega Genesis?

Shens on
  • Options
    edited August 2009

So all MMORPGs are in BETA?

Game systems? Like Super Nintendo and Sega Genesis?

Game System as in the Combat System and AI.

Dis on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    edited August 2009
    I would wager you never played in Guild vs Guild combat? The interface and combat system / objectives were better than any PvP game released in the last 6 years. I felt the PvE was pretty standard of most Diablo-esque games. I really fail to see how it is like a beta product.

Shens on
  • Options
    edited August 2009
    I would wager you never played in Guild vs Guild combat? The interface and combat system / objectives were better than any PvP game released in the last 6 years. I felt the PvE was pretty standard of most Diablo-esque games. I really fail to see how it is like a beta product.

I believe the man probably meant that he had a limited selection compared to other players, who had access to everything.

The annoying thing about Guild Wars PvP once the Expansions got going is the cost of entry. It's pretty expensive to buy all the expansion packs in order to gain access to all the skills.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but if you are asked for a certain skill and you don't have it you'd probably not be permitted to join the group.

Plus, there are just so many darn skills these days that it's extremely tough for a new player to learn all of them. There are probably, what, 800 or 900 now?

The original game was the best part, for me at least.

Melkster on