As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

By Dominion we mean the expansion, not the latex and whips. [EVE Online Recruitment]

• Options
    ToneLoc777ToneLoc777 Registered User regular
    edited August 2009
    Drake wrote: »
    Why start fresh? It's not like you are locked into a class or anything. There is nothing that you could do with a new character that your older character wouldn't be able to do. And the older character has all the benefit of your previous training.

I think the biggest benefit of starting fresh is if you haven't played in awhile it's best to "test the waters" with a free trial to see if it is worth spending money on. Other than that I agree that it's always better to revive a character you've already spent time training skills on. Especially now that they have the attribute remapping option.

ToneLoc777 on
    ToneLoc777.png
  • Options
    PolloDiabloPolloDiablo Registered User regular
    edited August 2009
    So what's the deal with Dominion? Any word yet on what that's supposed to do?

PolloDiablo on
  • Options
    ToneLoc777ToneLoc777 Registered User regular
    edited August 2009
    So what's the deal with Dominion? Any word yet on what that's supposed to do?

Straight from http://www.eveonline.com/news.asp?a=single&nid=3334&tid=1:

Ten free expansions down. Now an eleventh. Set for Winter 2009, EVE Online: Dominion will focus on what is often cited as EVE's "end game" - alliance warfare. It offers a complete overhaul of the current sovereignty mechanics in favor of a system that's a brilliant mix of our game design vision and the input we've received from fans on forums, at conventions (FANFEST!) and via the CSM. Savvy alliances will benefit greatly from following and understanding these changes, which will receive extensive testing.

In addition, we'll be adding some new epic arcs for pirate factions, offering the first iteration of the integrated social networking platform known as COSMOS, setting our artists free to rebeautify planets and more.

As always, more information is in the pipeline from any number of sources. Check in with our dev blogs, CCP interviews at conventions like PAX and Austin GDC, coverage from Fanfest and Alliance Tournament VII, gaming news and fansites, our forums, Facebook, Youtube, Twitter and the newly launched (but still mysterious) EVE Online: Dominion feature page.

ToneLoc777 on
    ToneLoc777.png
  • Options
    RykeRyke Registered User regular
    edited September 2009
    Oh god, now ive gone and done it. Reactivated my EvE account. Looks like im off to sing up for MerchI...

Ryke on
    XBL: Ryke Kardine SteamID: Ryke
  • Options
    LittleBootsLittleBoots Registered User regular
    edited September 2009
    I'm so tempted to reactivate... I actually want to hop back on my miner.. what's wrong with me?

I wish they still had a reactivation trial going.

LittleBoots on

Tofu wrote: Here be Littleboots, destroyer of threads and master of drunkposting.
  • Options
    XaevXaev Registered User regular
    edited September 2009
    So I started up a trial two days ago, what do I have to do to get invited to Deepcrows?

Xaev on
    Steam - Lysus || XBL - Veax || PSN - Lysus || WoW - Lysus (Korgath - US) || Guild Wars - Lysus Yjirkar || Starcraft II - Lysus.781 || League of Legends - Lysus
    Feel free to add me on whatever network, it's always more fun to play with people than alone
  • Options
    RaiekRaiek Registered User regular
    edited September 2009
    Xaev wrote: »
    So I started up a trial two days ago, what do I have to do to get invited to Deepcrows?

You have to fly out to Zimse, dock at Zimse VI - Moon 7 - Amarr Constructions Production Plant, and then find Deepcrows under the station offices tab. You must be in that exact station in order to put in an application, then you'll have to wait for Vorick to approve your app to be accepted.

If you're having trouble finding Zimse, just open your map and search for it. That should allow you to set it as a destination. You'll probably also want to make sure your options are set to only take the safest possible route (0.5 space and up). I should be on periodically later tonight if you need any help, feel free to add me to your address book. My EVE name is Tomenegai.

Raiek on
  • Options
    zilozilo Registered User regular
    edited September 2009
    Also, definitely do the tutorials, and two (or more) of your tutorial agents' arcs. They're quite profitable. You may want to start on an epic arc too, a few of us are most of the way through the Caldari one. That should get you plenty of money for buying and fitting frigates.

zilo on
  • Options
    XaevXaev Registered User regular
    edited September 2009
    26 jumps.

This should be a fun trip.

I've already finished all the tutorials (military, business, mining) with the 10 mission arcs and done a couple other missions besides.

How do I go about moving all the wonderful things I own from one station to another? I don't see any good way to move more than one ship.

Xaev on
    Steam - Lysus || XBL - Veax || PSN - Lysus || WoW - Lysus (Korgath - US) || Guild Wars - Lysus Yjirkar || Starcraft II - Lysus.781 || League of Legends - Lysus
    Feel free to add me on whatever network, it's always more fun to play with people than alone
  • Options
    EtheaEthea Registered User regular
    edited September 2009
    26 jumps.

I've already finished all the tutorials (military, business, mining) with the 10 mission arcs and done a couple other missions besides.

How do I go about moving all the wonderful things I own from one station to another? I don't see any good way to move more than one ship.

sell and repurchase, or package and haul. Second option is only feasible if you have a hauling character ( everyone should roll an neutral empire hauler alt ).

Ethea on
  • Options
    zilozilo Registered User regular
    edited September 2009
    One of the tutorial arcs gives you an industrial hauler (for Caldari it's a Badger). You may be able to ferry some ships with it (frigates are ~2500m3 packaged, the Badger hauls ~4100m3), I suggest selling what you can't fit in one trip.

edit: Oh, and you may not know this if you haven't lost a ship yet- the base frigate (Bantam for Caldari) is free. As in, if you die you get one when you dock your pod, fitted with some base gear.

zilo on
  • Options
    DrakeDrake Edgelord Trash Below the ecliptic plane.Registered User regular
    edited September 2009
    26 jumps.

26 jumps is a walk around the block. I used to have Recon Patrols that would take me well over 100 jumps to complete.

Drake on
  • Options
    GuyMontagGuyMontag Registered User regular
    edited September 2009
    derp. soon I will be in university and this game looks more and more tempting.

Last I recall, my character was almost appropriately skilled (as in, able to leave a station with it instead of actually fitting it properly) to fly a Rokh or the caldari stealth bomber (whose name has slipped my mind). Are stealth bombers any good? Approximately a year ago when I last played they were generally unpopular due to something relating to the delay between uncloaking and being able to target.

Also, is flying an electronic warfare ship fun? I can imagine how handy it is, but in fleet engagements you tend to be a priority target, from what I've read.

GuyMontag on
    News you can use! (FAILURE TO USE THIS NEWS WILL RESULT IN TERMINATION)
  • Options
    Katana-srKatana-sr Registered User regular
    edited September 2009
    GuyMontag wrote: »

Last I recall, my character was almost appropriately skilled (as in, able to leave a station with it instead of actually fitting it properly) to fly a Rokh or the caldari stealth bomber (whose name has slipped my mind). Are stealth bombers any good? Approximately a year ago when I last played they were generally unpopular due to something relating to the delay between uncloaking and being able to target.

Also, is flying an electronic warfare ship fun? I can imagine how handy it is, but in fleet engagements you tend to be a priority target, from what I've read.

Stealth bombers are pretty ninja, I haven't flown one myself yet but people tell stories of waiting in ambush at jump bridges deep in enemy territory, quickly destroying haulers that jump through and escaping before the enemy can pin them down. They can also be used in larger scale operations, either as scouts or with some buddies as gank squads getting juicy targets.

EW ships are awesome if you do it right and keep your distance, no matter the size of the engagement. Great risk/gain ratio.

Katana-sr on
  • Options
    AvynteAvynte Registered User regular
    edited September 2009
    Katana-sr wrote: »
    GuyMontag wrote: »

Stealth bombers are pretty ninja, I haven't flown one myself yet but people tell stories of waiting in ambush at jump bridges deep in enemy territory, quickly destroying haulers that jump through and escaping before the enemy can pin them down. They can also be used in larger scale operations, either as scouts or with some buddies as gank squads getting juicy targets.

EW ships are awesome if you do it right and keep your distance, no matter the size of the engagement. Great risk/gain ratio.

Bombers are still kinda gimmicky, but with recent changes they've become more viable in different types of warfare. Funny enough, a group of 10 or so bombers managed to wipe out a battleship gang over 3x their size in a perfectly executed trap the other week, so they do have their place if coordinated properly.

Like Katana says, EW ships are still effective and very useful in fleets even at low skill points. Just avoid the EW frigates, they're terrible and not worth the price.

Jammers are about the only good type anymore after the nerfs, but tracking disruption has it's place occasionally. You'll get primaried a lot in a blackbird, falcon, or scorpion, but not as bad as back in the day, ;-)

Avynte on
    ECOED.jpg
  • Options
    edited September 2009
    I used to wreak havoc in a Minmatar Stealth Bomber fitted with t2 Sensor Damps before they nerfed the Damps. It was part Ewar, part recon, and part damage spiker.

Ahh, those were the glory days...

Drake on
  • Options
    WavechaserWavechaser Registered User regular
    edited September 2009
    Hey guys, just started playing this game a few days ago and it was recommended in order to get in touch with some PA'rs, to give Deepcrows a shout. I'm going to follow the instructions in the OP, just wanted to say hi, I look forward to hopefully making all of your lives miserable soon with lots and lots of terrible noobish questions.

:D

Wavechaser on
  • Options
    rayofashrayofash Registered User regular
    edited September 2009
    Mind if I join you guys? For a while at least. I'm on the 14 day trial.

rayofash on
  • Options
    LoathingLoathing Registered User regular
    edited September 2009
    Started reading the EVE book that they put out recently (I guess?) and man, makes me want to re-activate my account again. Only lame thing is I'd probably be back in the newb corp, stuck in the middle of 0.0 with my armada of ships, with no where to go.

Loathing on
  • Options
    PhoenixBombPhoenixBomb Registered User new member
    edited September 2009
    I've been lurking the Penny-Arcade forums for the better part of a year and decided to make my account in hopes of starting that 90-day count down. Been playing EVE for about a month and a half, and my current corp is kind of falling apart.

I'm looking for a corp with a great deal of experienced players to help me along. I feel like I'm beginning to hit a wall on what I can teach myself while in my high sec safety bubble. I hesitate to join Deepcrows only because, as a Caldari mission runner, it seems like I'd be at a disadvantage to be hanging around in Amarr space. It also seems like the only real reason to join Deepcrows is to get in a waiting list for MerchI.

That said, please feel free to correct me on that decision here or via in-game mail (this is my toon's name). Maybe it would be worth it simply to have those players to talk to, but my current corp operates 20ish jumps away from me at all times since they are also not Caldari-based. Also, if there are any procedures to take in sidestepping the 90 day forum account requirement, please let me know.

PhoenixBomb on
  • Options
    edited September 2009
  • Options
    BrianBrian Registered User regular
    edited September 2009
    Spy.

Brian on
  • Options
    hazywaterhazywater Registered User regular
    edited September 2009
    Gentlemen.

hazywater on
    Hrin - Eve Online
  • Options
    VaregaVarega Registered User regular
    edited September 2009
    spies all up in this thread.

Varega on
    League of Legends:Varega
  • Options
    edited September 2009
    There is one man none would question.

Always bet on

duke-nukem.jpg

Brian on
  • Options
    edited September 2009
    Hoping you ain't referring to me. :P

Loathing on
  • Options
    edited September 2009
    Loathing wrote: »
    Hoping you ain't referring to me. :P

Nah it was the obvious spy is obvious right below your post.

Brian on
  • Options
    edited September 2009
    Righto.

Unless, you need me to spy out some good places to mine and make mad cash.

Because I was all over that.

Loathing on
  • Options
    PhoenixBombPhoenixBomb Registered User new member
    edited September 2009
    I was kind of afraid I'd get this reaction. I don't blame you for it, though I do feel like I've shot myself in the foot here. Hopefully my credibility won't be questioned as much in 3 months.

I shouldn't have asked about getting around the time limit, just kinda frustrating given where I'm at in my current corp.

PhoenixBomb on
  • Options
    MouserecoilMouserecoil Registered User regular
    edited September 2009
    Hi, I am a responsible member of society and looking for a good, fun corp to join for vital secret data- wait..no.

Actually I know all about the spy spyins in your spy place, so since I'm mostly just lookin to see if I want to play this game I sent a request to join deep crows. Spies are allowed over there, right? My character has a little bit of moneys and a cruiser and some skills, but I don't really know the game so some help with blindingly obvious things that I probably should know about would be nice.

Mouserecoil on
  • Options
    edited September 2009
    You spies do all realize what we do out in Delve right?

I recorded some fraps of last nights op.

Delve Mining OP

Brian on
  • Options
    edited September 2009
    What's the usual turn around on responses from Merchi regarding recruitment? I filled out an app earlier today, finished almost all the tutorials, and am itchin' for some more.

Wavechaser on
  • Options
    edited September 2009
    Depends on when the dude that can push button gets on and checks them out.

e: (If you have not received a reply or been accepted into the corporation after 48 hours, send a brief in-game EVEMail to Courthouse, Merch Industrial’s recruitment director. Be brief, concise and polite, this man holds the only card that’ll let you in. He's lazy and a big gay and we all hate him and he's got a real life, so sometimes he doesn’t log in at the precise moment that is most convenient to our applicants, but he will process your application.)

Brian on
  • Options
    edited September 2009
    :^:

Wavechaser on
  • Options
    InquisitorInquisitor Registered User regular
    edited September 2009
    I too eagerly await the processing of my application.

Will be grand to roll with you guys again.

Inquisitor on
  • Options
    PolloDiabloPolloDiablo Registered User regular
    edited September 2009
    Ok, I'm in the mood for an MMO, so I'll probably give this another try for a month. I'm probably docked in whatever our first station in Delve was, can I apply from in there, or will it undock me for furious sodomization first?

PolloDiablo on
  • Options
    enc0reenc0re Registered User regular
    edited September 2009
    I can't believe I'm actually considering this. How many hours/week would one have put in as a MerchI member?

enc0re on
  • Options
    hoodie13hoodie13 punch bro Registered User regular
    edited September 2009
    Deepcrows intruiges me, but I'll be honest, I'm gonna need some help with learning all these things.

hoodie13 on
    PSN: HoodieThirteen
    XBL: Torn Hoodie
    @hoodiethirteen
  • Options
    InquisitorInquisitor Registered User regular
    edited September 2009
    enc0re wrote: »
    I can't believe I'm actually considering this. How many hours/week would one have put in as a MerchI member?

Not being a current member of MerchI, but having been one in the past, don't take my answer as an absolute or anything:

However many hours a week you feel like putting in.

Inquisitor on
  • Options
    AvynteAvynte Registered User regular
    edited September 2009
    Inquisitor wrote: »
    enc0re wrote: »

Not being a current member of MerchI, but having been one in the past, don't take my answer as an absolute or anything:

However many hours a week you feel like putting in.

Yeah, pretty much as long as the monthly dues get paid you can play however you'd like.

Avynte on
    ECOED.jpg
This discussion has been closed.