As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Late to the party, just got an 360.

DraevenDraeven Registered User regular
edited August 2009 in Help / Advice Forum
Ok, i just got a 360 about a week ago. I have rockband and Guitar Hero World tour. I get paid tomorrow and plan to head to our local game store / used game place . I am looking for suggestion as to good games with replayability. I am not that into shooters , other then that. Loooking for some suggestions.

Morskitter wrote "Spikes, choppas, tentacles, magic? Can't hold a candle to Sergeant Pimp here."

Draeven on

• Options
    BrotherVoodooBrotherVoodoo Registered User regular
    edited August 2009
    How much replayability do you want
    Fighters obviously are good for that at least if you're playing online

Street Fighter IV
    Soul Calibur IV

Xbox is really a shooter console though

I enjoyed
    Dead Rising
    And Mirror's Edge
    oh and Assasin's Creed
    and the rest of the games I like mostly have guns as key parts of the game play

BrotherVoodoo on
    13669_988031669590_13908669_57296127_2429910_n.jpg
  • Options
    JansonJanson Registered User regular
    edited August 2009
    Mass Effect is my favourite 360 game, if you are at all into RPGs (I found it easier not playing a soldier character, too)
    Bully was huge, surprising fun; I've never played a Rockstar game to completion before, but I couldn't stop playing this (the main story is perhaps not so replayable, but I still just had fun exploring the world)

Janson on
  • Options
    edited August 2009
    is assasin creed and mirrors edge a shooter though ? i would consider them more of a platformer / adventure game . when i say shooter i mean Halo and gears of war type games. though I am very much interested in picking up street fighter 4 it hasn't been out long enough to make it a very cheap used game, say 15 to 20 bucks.

Draeven on
    Morskitter wrote "Spikes, choppas, tentacles, magic? Can't hold a candle to Sergeant Pimp here."

• Options
    ErandusErandus Registered User regular
    edited August 2009
    Assassin's Creed is 3rd person, and not in any way a shooter. I am fucking terrible at console shooters, and the combat in Assassin's Creed is easy to pick up even if you have two left thumbs.

Mirror's Edge is technically a shooter, though the game can be beaten without firing a shot. It uses the basic shooter mechanic of twin sticks, however one need not have pinpoint accuracy to do well in the game. It's not all Halo-like where you need to be able to shoot someone in the head with a pistol from 2 miles away while you're both flying through the air. The game is extremely forgiving.

Erandus on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    SheepSheep Registered User, __BANNED USERS regular
    edited August 2009
    Hook that mofo up to XBLA and get Castle Crashers, Rez, Pacman CE, and Geo Wars 2.

Sheep on
  • Options
    ErandusErandus Registered User regular
    edited August 2009
    His ISP blocks Xbox Live. :D

They're a bunch of fudge packers.

He's probably gonna have to drag his xbox 30 mins to my place to get it online for anything at all.

Erandus on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    SteevLSteevL What can I do for you? Registered User regular
    edited August 2009
    Sheep wrote: »
    Hook that mofo up to XBLA and get Castle Crashers, Rez, Pacman CE, and Geo Wars 2.

And Castlevania: Symphony of the Night and, when it comes out tomorrow, Shadow Complex.

SteevL on
  • Options
    edited August 2009
    Yeah, i suppose i should of said im on a college style internet hookup so they have the XBlive ports blocked cause of their bandwidth usage. Or i would be all abotu XBLA. Also for replayability im talking about Burnout where even though you have played through a track 10 times its still fun every time.

Draeven on

• Options
    SteevLSteevL What can I do for you? Registered User regular
    edited August 2009
    Ouch, that sucks.

Burnout Paradise is supposed to be great, but it sounds like they patched a lot of stuff into the game since its release.

What the hell kind of ISP blocks Xbox Live. Ugh.

SteevL on
  • Options
    edited August 2009
    My isp sadly :( its glorified dialup , and thats complimenting dialup. I am going to get burn out revenge for sure and then i figure i have enough cash for 2 more titles. So please , HA i beg of you help me out.

Draeven on

• Options
    Dr. GeroDr. Gero Registered User regular
    edited August 2009
    If you like creating wacky contraptions and vehicles, Banjo Kazooie: Nuts and Bolts is pretty fun.

edit: I was going to recommend Geometry Wars and Puzzle Quest for excellent replayability, but I just read above :( Anyone know if those two are available on disc?

Dr. Gero on
  • Options
    BrotherVoodooBrotherVoodoo Registered User regular
    edited August 2009
    Draeven wrote: »
    is assasin creed and mirrors edge a shooter though ?

No.

That's why I mentioned them.
    Erandus wrote: »
    Mirror's Edge is technically a shooter

Not really. It's just in the same control style and interface as many shooters. It's a platformer that allows you to use a gun, but it's not really a shooter.

BrotherVoodoo on
    13669_988031669590_13908669_57296127_2429910_n.jpg
  • Options
    Napalm DonkeyNapalm Donkey Registered User regular
    edited August 2009
    Crackdown
    Oblivion
    even though its FPS get the orange box

Napalm Donkey on
    4cgipuI.jpg