As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[Mini] Deus Ex Phalla - Vandenburg Scientists Victorious

• Options
    TheLawinatorTheLawinator Registered User regular
    edited August 2009
    They do fail, pretty hard. Beep boop.

TheLawinator on
    My SteamID Gamertag and PSN: TheLawinator
  • Options
    dunedainjedidunedainjedi Registered User regular
    edited August 2009
    Yeah, Illuminati you guys had Hippie on day fucking one. Apparently before houn and I gave him to you.....

Ask Houn what his villager information was.
    I also know that if either Icarus or Daedalus dies, the other becomes Helios, with the power of both.

And we both knew hippie was tracer at the start of the game.

dunedainjedi on
  • Options
    SpectralSporkSpectralSpork Registered User regular
    edited August 2009
    Let's be fair, Burnage sold that to us long before I cared about either of you.

SpectralSpork on
  • Options
    Rawkking GoodguyRawkking Goodguy Registered User regular
    edited August 2009

Bullshit, don't blame faulty logic on me, it should have been damn obvious from the entirety of the day two proboard nonsense to see we could win together, otherwise I wouldn't have given him any information, or access.

Further, if uncertainity exists, you ask a question.

Fail, both of you.

Yeah...ok.

I was supposed to contact MJ-12 and get them to vig the Dentons to ensure a joint victory.

Anyways, say what you want Spork, I've learned from how you react when you lose that any further discussion is pointless.

If you want to teach me anything, calling me incompetent and saying I fail isn't going to help.

Rawkking Goodguy on
  • Options
    edited August 2009
    About Hippie? I'm not surprised. Although he may have gotten it from me.

dunedainjedi on
  • Options
    NocturneNocturne Registered User regular
    edited August 2009
    As unbalanced of a game as this may be, I think all the information trading and backstabbing captures the essence of what I so far understand the game to be.

Nocturne on
  • Options
    edited August 2009
    Dentons didn't have to dieeee.

TheLawinator on
  • Options
    BremenBremen Registered User regular
    edited August 2009
    Major victory for:
    TheLawinator(Helios)
    Typhus733(Dr. Gary Savage)
    Fatal3rr0r(Tiffany Savage)
    Sigmund(Alex Jacobson)
    Nocturne(Shannon,
    Infected by the gray death)
    LemmingHead(Sergeant Kaplan)
    DuneDainJedi(Ford Schick)
    Orange Soda(Chad Dumier)
    Psolms(Sam Carter)
    Trust(Jaime Reyes)

Egos(Anna Navarre)
    Daius(Gunther Hermann)
    ]

Minor Victory:
    Tommy2Hands(Max Chen)
    Dac Vin(Gordon Quick)

(Hippie would be here as Tracer Tong, but he gets disqualified for not accepting me to the Triads proboad for the ENTIRE GAME)

But Wait!

Paul and JC Denton win by earning the gratitude of the villagers. Please vote
    Yes or No on if you feel they were properly heroic.

Bremen on
  • Options
    edited August 2009

Bullshit, don't blame faulty logic on me, it should have been damn obvious from the entirety of the day two proboard nonsense to see we could win together, otherwise I wouldn't have given him any information, or access.

Further, if uncertainity exists, you ask a question.

Fail, both of you.

Yeah...ok.

I was supposed to contact MJ-12 and get them to vig the Dentons to ensure a joint victory.

Anyways, say what you want Spork, I've learned from how you react when you lose that any further discussion is pointless.

If you want to teach me anything, calling me incompetent and saying I fail isn't going to help.

You were supposed to have them take out the Dentons to shaft Law's victory, no idea how you thought we could win with them, not like that justifies mistargeting our kill on someone you know would have had a guard.

Way to poison the well and not get the point that being called out on failing is a note that one should attempt to improve and find where they went wrong.

SpectralSpork on
  • Options
    edited August 2009
    *clears throat*

Ahh yes feeling much better now.

Nocturne on
  • Options
    psolmspsolms Registered User regular
    edited August 2009
    woo! 4 hours in and pulled out a win.

not bad if i do say so myself.

psolms on
  • Options
    edited August 2009
    Also because you all really should see this.
    <TheLawinator> Next one is Fiaryn
    <TheLawinator> Vote him now
    <TheLawinator> Go
    <TheLawinator> Gogogogo

Yes that stupid bandwagon that almost cost him the game was his idea.

dunedainjedi on
  • Options
    edited August 2009
    !Yes since one of them is part of me, for we are one.

TheLawinator on
  • Options
    BurnageBurnage Registered User regular
    edited August 2009
    I found out so much information on day one. So much. Paul seemed suitably heroic to me, although JC only decided to jump out of the woodwork when he was at risk of death. Overall - and I PMed this to Bremen - I have to say that yes, they were suitably heroic.

Burnage on
  • Options
    edited August 2009
    http://illuminati66666.proboards.com/index.cgi

They should be open. And for the record, between where I banned Law and let him back in, there were posts talking about wasting the Denton's.

SpectralSpork on
  • Options
    Fatal3RR0RFatal3RR0R Registered User regular
    edited August 2009
    I would say that they were plenty heroic.

Yes.

Fatal3RR0R on
    peachip4sig.png
  • Options
    Edith UpwardsEdith Upwards Registered User regular
    edited August 2009
    Egos(Anna Navarre)
    Daius(Gunther Hermann)
    OoOOOOo
    Manderly/Page were holding out on us. I fucking knew it.
    OOoOOoo

Edith Upwards on
  • Options
    edited August 2009
    Yes

Can I retract that later if my network head changes his mind?

dunedainjedi on
  • Options
    edited August 2009
    Okay, so you're just acerbic when you lose Spork. But now you're actually offering advice instead of "way to fail at logic".

Spork, MJ-12 had no vigs left, so not like that was really possible. I was pushing for a triad major victory/illuminati minor victory as this was the only victory possible. The plan was taking out Manderly, then TheLawinator, then Dunadan.

So TheLawinator was indeed lying about a joint victory being at all possible?

Rawkking Goodguy on
  • Options
    Tommy2HandsTommy2Hands what is this where am i Registered User regular
    edited August 2009
    Yay, I kinda win in sorta a bastardized way!

Yay

Tommy2Hands on
    8j12qx8ma5j5.jpg
  • Options
    edited August 2009
    Villager Role PMs
    You are Sam Carter
    Ex-General and now quartermaster for UNATCO, you lost your wife and children in an NSF bombing. Despite this, though, you have managed to avoid being overcome with hate, and firmly believe that the purpose of UNATCO is to protect the people, not to go out gunning for terrorists. You realize the sad state UNATCO is truely in, but realize the only way it will improve is if the few reasonable people stay and try and fix it. You're willing to do whatever it takes, even if it kills you.

Abilities:
    Martyr: If infected with the Gray Death virus, you may choose to die rather than follow the orders given to you in exchange for Ambrosia

Friends:
    Trust: Jaime Reyes, UNATCO Doctor

Victory Condition: None. You must find and align yourself with a faction before you have a victory condition.

Information:
    Majestic 12 wins by passing the daily vote with a special phrase; They can do this by being the majority of voters, blackmail, or trickery.

You are Jaime Reyes
    A doctor at UNATCO, you are an expert in the nanotech and mechanical augmentations given to their agents. In the years you've been with UNATCO, you've noticed the tone of the organization growing darker and more violent, but as a doctor there's nothing you can do about it. Even if you left, it would just mean more people dying without your care. Still, most of the people at UNATCO aren't bad guys, and you have hope things might improve. In the meantime, you can put your considerable medical skills to use.

Abilities:
    Gray Death Seer: Once per night, you may PM the host with the name of a player to examine. You will learn whether they are infected with the Gray Death plague or not.

Friends:
    Arivia: Sam Carter, UNATCO Quartermaster

Victory Condition: None. You must find and align yourself with a faction before you have a victory condition.

Information:
    Majestic 12 has a limited ability to deceive Seers, but it only works on one target each night.

You are Alex Jacobson
    Computer technician for UNATCO, you're a busy guy. Between keeping the UNATCO network secure and opperating all the new electronic gadgets they're trying out, you barely have time for your hobby: Conspiracy theories, and boy do you have a lot to talk to your buddies about. UNATCO keeps close tabs on their employees, of course, but you wrote the programs that do it. You don't talk about anything dangerous, but the tidbits you've dropped about the black helicopter flights have made you quite a few friends on the net, and one in particular seems useful.

Abilities:
    Contact: You've recently become aware of the identity of Daedalus, a core member of the Vandenburg Scientists group who oppose MJ12. You may join them immediately if you wish.

Friends:
    Burnage: Jock, UNATCO Helicopter Pilot
    TheLawinator: Daedalus, Artificial Intelligence

Information:
    Paul and JC Denton are champions of the common people. Their victory condition involves earning the gratitude of the majority of the villagers, so they might be cautious about whom they kill.

You are Jock
    Black Helicopter Pilot at UNATCO, you've been on so many top secret missions and seen so many bizarre things you've lost count. It never bothered you before, but lately you've been wondering more and more about the morality of things you've seen, and you've taken to drink. Not to great excess, but a little alcohol here and there calms your nerves. You've recently made friends with UNATCO Computer Tech Alex Jacobson, and he's told you about a new friend of his that might serve as an escape from your troubles.

Abilities:
    Contact: You've recently become aware of the identity of Daedalus, a core member of the Vandenburg Scientists group who oppose MJ12. You may join them immediately if you wish.

Friends:
    Sigmund: Alex Jacobson, UNATCO Computer Tech
    TheLawinator: Daedalus, Artificial Intelligence

Information:
    Each faction has its own victory condition, but some can get a minor victory if a different faction wins instead.

You are Anna Navarre
    A UNATCO Agent, you take great joy in killing NSF terrorists. A little too much, some people claim, but the terrorists are bad people and that means killing them doesn't make you a bad person, you don't concern yourself with any of the more subtle aspects of the situation. Together with Agent Hermann, you make an almost unstoppable team.

Abilities:
    Got your back: On odd nights, you will automaticly protect Agent Hermann from any normal kill attempts. If Agent Hermann dies despite this, this ability will switch to an odd night kill.

Friends:
    Daius: Gunther Hermann, UNATCO Agent

Victory Condition: Agent Hermann must survive to the end of the game.

Minor Victory: If Agent Hermann is killed, get revenge by making sure his killer dies as well. If he is killed by the vote, kill the first person that voted for him that day.

Information:
    There are multiple sources of the Ambrosia vaccine, but only Majestic 12 has an unlimited quantity.

You are Gunther Hermann
    A UNATCO Agent, you are a simple man and fight to protect people from the NSF. You volunteered for many mechanical augmentations to boost your fighting strength at the expense of horribly scarring your flesh, and the NSF terrorists tremor at your name. Recently UNATCO has started giving nanotech augmentations to agents, possessing greater strength and without the drawbacks of mechanical augmentations. You are horrified that you may be becoming obsolete and will be retired, as killing terrorists is the only thing that keeps you going these days.

Abilities:
    Got your back: On even nights, you will automaticly protect Agent Navarre from any normal kill attempts. If Agent Hermann dies despite this, this ability will switch to an odd night kill.

Friends:
    Egos: Anna Navarre, UNATCO Agent

Victory Condition: Agent Navarre must survive to the end of the game.

Minor Victory: If Agent Navarre is killed, get revenge by making sure her killer dies as well. If she is killed by the vote, kill the first person that voted for her that day.

Information:
    Paul and JC Denton do not start aware of each other's identities, or anyone else's; If one uses their ability on the other they will be connected.

You are Shannon
    You work for UNATCO as a receptionist, but mostly you just sit around while the troops try to flirt with you. You don't really mind, though, since it's all a cover for your side business; looting weaponry from the armory when no one is looking and selling them on the blackmarket with the help of Sergeant Kaplan. Currently you've got a nice one shot LAW in stock, which could be quite useful in the right hands.

Abilities:
    LAW (1 use): You may PM the host the name of someone to give them the LAW. If they would normally get a vigilante kill, the LAW will upgrade their next kill to be unblockable by any means.

Friends:
    LemmingHead: Sergeant Kaplan, Corrupt UNATCO Soldier

Information:
    There is one "evil" faction (5 members), 3 neutral factions (3 members each), and one "good" faction (2 members). But, as always, morality is in the eye of the beholder.

You are Sergeant Kaplan
    You're a (mostly) loyal sergeant for UNATCO, and the organization has treated you well. If you sell a few looted weapons on the black market, what's the big deal? You're pretty sure your side business isn't secret, but no one really seems to mind. Recently you've struck a partnership with the UNATCO receptionist, Shannon, who's got some nice goods she needs help unloading. If something happens to her, you'll take over the operation.

Abilities:
    Backup: If something happens to Shannon, you will gain her power.

Friends:
    Nocturne: Shannon, Corrupt UNATCO Receptionist

Information:
    The neutral factions can produce a small and steady amount of ambrosia, but only if they work together and agree on its distribution.

You are JoJo Fine
    Not your real name, but it's what people call you on the streets, and that's all that matters anymore. Leader of a local gang, you've also managed to become the local commander for the NSF terrorists; not because you care about their goals, but because they supply you with weapons to arm your thugs. Recently they directed you onto a real score, too; a shipment of the Ambrosia vaccine, supposedly a cure for the gray death. You reluctantly shipped on most of the shipment up the chain of command, but you kept a good bit youself; damn stuff has to be worth some major cash.

Abilities:
    Ambrosia (3 doses): Each night, you may send a dose of ambrosia to any players that have Gray death, and they will recieve it the next day. This will let them survive the virus for another night.

Friends:
    iamtheaznman: Johnny, Thug

Information:
    One neutral faction needs to kill certain characters to win. One needs to kill some while protecting others. The third needs certain characters to die, then bring two particular characters into contact with each other.

You are Johnny
    A minor street thug until JoJo Fine came along and you joined up with him. JoJo has vision, man, and with his source of NSF connections he now owns the streets of Hell's Kitchen, and that means big money from all the extortion, prostitution, and black market business. You've risen up high in his organization, and if something happens to him, well, you'll just have to take over.

Abilities:
    Backup: If Something happens to JoJo, you will gain his power.

Friends:
    Captain Eleven: JoJo Fine, NSF Officer

Information:
    Someone infected with the gray death must recieve ambrosia every night or they die the next night. Grey Death can be used as a delayed kill unless the victim is already being supplied with ambrosia the night they are infected.

You are Smuggler
    You're a major black market arm's dealer basing out of Hell's Kitchen. Or atleast you were, until a UNATCO crackdown came to arrest you for selling too many explosives to terrorists. Luckily you had an escape tunnel, if only all those people who called you paranoid could see you now! Unfortunately you weren't able to save any hardware, so you're out of the arms dealer business for now. But before the crackdown you had a big deal going on with some kind of organized crime group in Hong Kong, maybe they're hiring.

Abilities:
    Contact: You've recently become aware of the identity of Tracer Tong, a core member of the Triads group who oppose MJ12. You may join them immediately if you wish.

Friends:
    Dunedainjedi: Ford Schick, ex-scientist
    Hippie: Tracer Tong, Triads Scientist

Information:
    If Daedalus or Icarus are killed, the other becomes Helios and its power may not be blocked by any means.

You are Ford Schick
    In better days you were a scientist for a bio-tech company, but these days you're struggling to get by day to day just like everyone else. You've been able to help your friend Smuggler with his arms dealing business, as he's too paranoid to hire anyone else. Then one day you got kidnapped by some wierd paramilitary group and forced to do disease infection studies for them, until Smuggler hired someone to spring you. Since then you've been lying low and taking tips on being paranoid from him; and his suggestion of heading to Hong Kong and joining up with the triads there sounds like a good one.

Abilities:
    Contact: You've recently become aware of the identity of Tracer Tong, a core member of the Triads group who oppose MJ12. You may join them immediately if you wish.

Friends:
    Houn: Smuggler, Arms dealer
    Hippie: Tracer Tong, Triad Scientist

Information:
    One faction needs Paul or JC Denton alive to win. Others may seek their deaths to preclude that faction from winning.

You are Chad Dumier
    Leader of what's left of the french resistance group Silhouette, you've been fighting against Majestic12 for years. Unfortunately that fight is lost, and MJ12 now completely controls the government and military of France. Through your girlfriend, Nicollete DuClare, you've come into contact with her late mother's friends, another group who opposes MJ12 for their own reasons. Perhaps it's time to work together.

Abilities:
    Contact: You've recently become aware of the identity of Morgan Everett, a core member of the Illuminati group who oppose MJ12. You may join them immediately if you wish.

Friends:
    Zandracon: Nicolette DuClare, Silhouette Sympathizer
    SpectralSpork: Morgan Everett, Illuminati Leader

Information:
    Being guarded will not protect you from infection by the Gray death

You are Nicolette Duclare
    Daughter of Elizabeth Duclare, who was a high placed member of the Illuminati until Majestic 12 had her killed. You were never interested in the Illuminati, with their grandiose and impractical plans to rule the world, and your relationship with your mother was tenuous at best. When you met up with Silhouette, a resistance group struggling to free France of Majestic 12's influence, you went to your mother and her friends to ask for help, and this help might have been what got her killed. You still know a few people in the Illuminati, though, and their ideas don't seem so foolish anymore.

Abilities:
    Contact: You've recently become aware of the identity of Morgan Everett, a core member of the Illuminati group who oppose MJ12. You may join them immediately if you wish.

Friends:
    Orange Soda: Chad Dumier, Silhouette leader
    SpectralSpork: Morgan Everett, Illuminati Leader

Information:
    Being guarded protects against one kill attempt and an infinite number of seer attempts. The guard will be aware of any attempt to seer his target.

You are Miguel
    Most people look at you and see a lowly NSF soldier, but you honestly believe in what you're fighting for. Why, sometimes you think you'd take on an entire Majestic 12 base with just a knife if you had to! You might not look like much, but a true believer isn't to be underestimated. After the recent ambrosia raid and crackdown, the rest of your unit was killed and you've had to go to ground, luckily you've found a sympathetic soul in Jordan Shea, owner of the Underworld Bar in Hell's Kitchen, where you're currently hiding out.

Abilities:
    Martyr: If infected with the Gray Death virus, you may choose to die rather than follow the orders given to you in exchange for Ambrosia

Friends:
    Verr: Jordan Shea, Bartender

Information:
    Paul and JC Denton have powerful nanotech augmentations. Normal attempts to kill them will never succeed, but there are still three ways they can be killed.

You are Jordan Shea
    Owner of the Underworld Tavern, you used to work for UNATCO as an agent. You wanted to help protect innocent people from terrorists, but you quickly realized the job was more about killing desperate people trying to get their hands on the ambrosia vaccine they needed to stay alive. After that you retired pretty quickly and used your accumulated pay to buy the bar. You still don't approve of all of the NSF's actions, but you turn a blind eye when they use your bar to arrange meetings and to conclude shady deals. Being a bartender has its advantages, too; sometimes someone has a bit too much to drink and talks about things they shouldn't.

Abilities:
    Victory Condition Seer: On every even night, you may PM the host with the name of a player to investigate. You will learn their victory condition(s).

Friends:
    Vertroue: Miguel, NSF soldier

Information:
    The neutral factions each have a character capable of sending anonymous messages, but no one else does.

Bremen on
  • Options
    edited August 2009
    Majestic 12 Role PMs
    Majestic 12:

You are a member of Majestic 12, a secret organization that seeks to control the world using force, technology, and blackmail. And you've finally come close to accomplishing your goal.

Abilities:
    Gray Death: Choose one person each night to be infected by the Gray Death nanites the next day. There is no cure, and the player must recieve a dose of ambrosia every day or he will die.
    Ambrosia (Unlimited doses): Each night, you may send a dose of ambrosia to any players that have gray death, and they will recieve it the next day. You may force the player to either A) Vote in a certain way, B) Reveal his role and powers to you, C) Reveal the piece of information he started the game with to you, or D) Not give them any ambrosia and let them die. This is a game mechanic, not a choice made by the player, and he will not be aware of your identity or be able to choose death over obedience unless other abilities interfere. You must send in an order for a player no later than one hour after the narration for that day (You may send orders for the next day before the narration if necessary).
    Cover Identities: Your secrecy is unmatched. All members of Majestic 12 recieve very high quality cover identities and false pieces of information; the identities are unique and well written, and the information is very difficult to disprove. You may even join another faction under guise of a cover identity if you choose (The faction will be notified of your cover identity, but not your true identity or player name).

Identities:
    Dunadan019: Bob Page, your leader. Cover identity: Juan Ivanovich Lebedev, masoned with Leo Gold
    Seriously: Walton Simons, second in command and a powerful soldier. Cover Identity: Leo Gold, masoned with Juan Ivanovich Lebedev
    Fiaryn: Joseph Manderly, commander of UNATCO. Cover identity: Gilbert Renton, masoned with Sandra Renton
    Erich Zahn: Maggie Chow, Spy and manipulator. Cover Identity: Sandra Renton, masoned with Gilbert Renton
    Kuhlmeye: Icarus, Artificial Intelligence. Cover Identity: Morpheus, Artificial Intelligence

Victory condition: Pass the daily vote with the phrase FEMA be given authority to deal with the situation. You have no minor victory condition.

You are Bob Page
    Billionare industrialist and leader of Majestic 12, your goal is nothing less than absolute control of the world. While you have no abilities of your own, you can supervise the efforts of your organization.

Abilities:
    MJ 12 Leader: You have control of all of Majestic 12's group abilities. If something happens to you, control will pass down the chain of command. Also, if any of your subordinates fail to send in orders you may send in orders for those abilities.
    Cover Identity: You will also recieve another role PM. This is your cover identity. None of it is true, though you are in a position to fake the ability if necessary.

Victory condition: Majestic 12 is victorious

Information:
    You cover identity's information is a lie, reason: The game will continue until one faction is victorious

You are Juan Ivanovich Lebedev
    Leader of the NSF terrorist group, you are commited to saving as many people from the Gray Death plague as possible. You have recently hijacked a shipment of ambrosia intended for government officials, and are prepared to share it with those in need.

Abilities:
    Ambrosia (3 doses): Each night, you may send a dose of ambrosia to any players that have Gray death, and they will recieve it the next day. This will let them survive the virus for another night.

Friends:
    Seriously: Leo Gold, NSF Officer

Information:
    Destroying MJ12 without fulfilling a faction's victory condition results in a loss for most players

You are Walton Simons
    Second in command of Majestic 12 and leader of FEMA, you're a key part of Majestic 12's plan for world domination. For that reason you've been given powerful mechanical and nanotech augmentations, making you one of the strongest fighters in the world.

Abilities:
    Assassin: Every night, you may choose a player to kill
    Cover Identity: You will also recieve another role PM. This is your cover identity. None of it is true, though you are in a position to fake the ability if necessary.

Victory Condition: Majestic 12 is victorious

Information:
    You cover identity's information is a lie, reason: Each neutral faction is required to kill one member of another faction

You are Leo Gold
    An officer in the NSF terrorist group, you command men in combat in order to fight the corruption that has gripped the government. Just recently you have hijacked a shipment of ambrosia intended for government officials, and have passed it on to your superiors.

Abilities:
    Backup NSF leader: If something happens to the NSF leader, you will take his place and can choose what to do with remaining doses of ambrosia.

Friends:
    Dunadan019: Juan Ivanovich Lebedev, NSF Leader

Information:
    One neutral faction's victory condition involves destroying another faction

You are Joseph Manderly
    Commander of the United Nations Anti-Terrorist Coalition (UNATCO), you secretly work for Majestic 12 and use the military forces of UNATCO to further their goal of world domination. You may order these unknowing pawns to guard someone if you deem it in MJ12's best interests.

Abilities:
    Guard: Every night, you may PM the name of a player, protecting them from kill attempts and investigation. This ability cannot be used on yourself.

Information:
    You cover identity's information is a lie, reason: MJ12 members using a cover identity and some villagers may join a faction while keeping their own victory condition

You are Gilbert Renton
    Owner of the 'Ton, a crumbling hotel in Hell's kitchen, you simply struggle to get by day to day while providing for yourself and your daughter, Sandra. You have a few vacant rooms in the 'Ton that someone might find useful as a place to hide out in, though.

Abilities:
    Guard: You may guard one person, protecting them from assassination and investigation. This ability cannot be used on yourself, on any two consecutive nights, or on any person twice.

Friends:
    Erich Zahn: Sandra Renton, Your daughter

Information:
    The only way to 100% verify a player's identity and victory condition while they are alive is to recruit them into your faction

You are Maggie Chow
    Retired actress and spy for Majestic 12, you put your acting skills and fame to good use manipulating public opinion for MJ12. Now that your final victory is at hand, it's your job to help sow dissent among MJ12's rivals.

Abilities:
    Investigation manipulator: You may select one person each night to spread rumors about them. If they are investigated that night, an investigation will come back false; MJ12 members will be identified as their cover identity, and non-MJ12 members will be identified as a random MJ12 member. Multiple investigations will dig deep enough to uncover the truth, if the target is investigated more than once in the same night a random one will get the false result and the others will get the true result.

Information:
    Your cover identity's information is a lie, reason: Only the first 3 abilities are correct

You are Sandra Renton
    Daughter of Gilbert Renton, you're desperate to find a life other than caring for your father's broken down old hotel, the 'Ton. Unfortunately, your attempts to make a new life for yourself haven't gone so well, and now you're back living with your father for the time being.

Abilities:
    Daddy's little girl: Gilbert Renton can use his guard ability on you without any of the normal restrictions (IE, you can be targetted more than once and it may be on consecutive nights)

Friends:
    Fiaryn: Gilbert Renton, Your Father

Information:
    Majestic 12 can demand an infected player vote a specific way, reveal his role PM, reveal any information he has, use his power in a specific way, or reveal what faction he belongs to

You are Icarus
    An Artificial Intelligence created by Bob Page, your sole purpose is to aid him in controlling the world. For this, you have been given control of the Aquinas Protocol, the standard for all net based communication. By analyzing net activity you can identify probable threats to Majestic 12

Abilities:
    Seer: Once per night, you may PM the host with the name of a player to investigate. You will learn their identity and affiliation if they have one.
    Artificial Intelligence: You are not a flesh and blood being, and are therefor immune to the Gray Death.

Information:
    Your cover identity's information is a lie, reason: The only non-narration ability is giving orders to an infected character up to 1 hour later

You are Morpheus
    An advanced data-mining program created by Morgan Everett, you were an early prototype for a much larger system and are not truely an artificial intelligence like your brothers. But you have had much more time to analyze and predict than they, and you have come to understand quite a bit more than anyone suspects.

Abilities:
    Seer: Once per night, you may PM the host with the name of a player to investigate. You will learn their identity and affiliation if they have one.
    Bound by programming: You are not truely sentient, and have no motivations of your own. You have been programmed to tell people about themselves when they are introduced to you, and so you do. You may only PM the last person you Seer'd, and you may do so only once each time you use your Seer ability. You have no friends and no motivation other than accomplishing your programming; you do not start masoned and you may not join any organizations. How you decide best to accomplish your programming is up to you.
    Artificial Intelligence: You are not a flesh and blood being, and are therefor immune to the Gray Death.

Victory Condition: Seer six different individuals. For this condition it is worth noting that vote kills happen before seering, but other kills happen after.

Minor Victory Condition: Seer four different individuals.

Information:
    Most abilities take effect during the narration, but there are two used during the day

Factions Role PMs
    The Triads:

You are a member of the Triads of Hong Kong. Though in the past you were enemies, you have been brought together to fight a mysterious foreign power attempting to establish itself in Hong Kong.

Identities:
    Hippie: Tracer Tong, lead scientist. With his expert hacking abilities, he can attempt to learn the identity of one player each night
    Balefuego: Max Chen, leader of the Red Arrow triad. Popular with the people, his many contacts allow him to get a message to whoever needs it.
    Dac Vin: Gordon Quick, leader of the Luminous Path triad. With a well fortified compound and many skilled warriors, he can guard or protect those the triads think deserve it.

Abilities:
    Ambrosia schematics: Through your NSF Allies, and at the cost of many lives, you have been able to obtain a schematic of the Ambrosia vaccine. If you can find someone capable of decyphering it and someone capable of manufacturing it, you will be able to produce the vaccine in small quantities. To do this, you must PM the host the name of two people who meet the requirements, on the same night they also PM the host with the names of the other two.
    Recruiting: Up to six players may choose to align themselves with your group. Their powers and information will be useful to you.

Victory Condition: If Majestic 12 is destroyed it will just be replaced with another. Instead, you must destroy the global communications hub and plung the world into a new dark age, ending the threat of a single group enforcing their will on all. Do this by killing Daedalus and Icarus. Bob Page, Walton Simons, and Joseph Manderly would eventually rebuild the hub, so you must kill them as well.

Minor Victory Condition: One of the Denton brothers merges with the Helios AI and becomes a messiah. If you must be ruled by a dictator, atleast it can be a benevolent one.

You are Tracer Tong
    In your secret laboratory under the Luminous Path compound, you have been working diligently to unravel the truth behind the mysterious events such as the Gray Death and mysterious foreign influences in Hong Kong. With the many anonymous sources you have come into contact with over the net, you are capable of a most thorough investigation

Abilities:

Victory Condition: The Triads are victorious.

You are Max Chen
    Leader of the Red Arrow triad, you have aligned yourself with the rival Luminous Path triad temporarily, in order to better fight against foreign influences. Of the two, the Red Arrow is more popular with the public, and because of that you have many contacts and agents not directly affiliated with your organization.

Abilities:
    Messenger: Once per night, you may PM the host with the name of a player and a message. This message will be delivered to the player anonymously.

You are Gordon Quick
    Leader of the Luminous Path triad, you have aligned yourself with the rival Red Arrow triad temporarily, in order to better fight against foreign influences. Of the two, Luminous Path is the more militant and well armed, and you have many trained fighters willing to do your bidding, as well as a fortified compound.

Abilities:
    Vigilante: On the 1,4,7, and 10th nights, you may PM the host with the name of a player to send assassins after. They will be killed unless another ability interferes.
    Guard: On nights when you may not use your vigillante ability, you may PM the host with the name of a player, protecting them from kill attempts and investigation. This ability cannot be used on yourself.

Vandenburg Scientists
    A group of scientists that used to work for Majestic 12, you found yourselves to burdened by ethics and rebelled, escaping to the old Vandenburg military base to continue your research and attempt to stop Majestic 12's nefarious plans.

Identities:
    Typhus733: Dr. Gary Savage, leader of the Vandenburg research team
    Fatal3RR0R: Tiffany Savage, daughter of Dr. Gary Savage and the closest thing to a soldier you have
    TheLawinator: Daedalus, Artificial intelligence capable of investigating other players.

Abilities:
    Universal Constructor: Thanks to parts and blueprints stolen when you left MJ12, you have a Universal Constructor, the only one in the world not under Majestic 12's control. If you can find someone with a schematic of the Ambrosia vaccine and someone capable of decyphering it, you will be able to produce the vaccine in small quantities. To do this, you must PM the host the name of two people who meet the requirements, on the same night they also PM the host with the names of the other two.
    Recruiting: Up to six players may choose to align themselves with your group. Their powers and information will be useful to you.

Victory condition: Majestic 12 are misusing the technologies you helped develop to opress humanity, but that same technology could prove humanity's salvation. One of the Denton brothers must merge with the Helios AI and become a messiah to shepherd humanity from ruin.

First Bob Page and Walton Simons, the only others with nanotech augmentations capable of interfacing with Helios, must be killed; as well as Morgan Everett who would doubtless try to stop you from trivializing the illuminati. Then either Icarus or Daedalus must be deactivated; the other will take control of their systems and become Helios, gaining increased abilities. Last, one of the Denton brothers must use their nightly ability on Helios, or Helios his ability on them, and this ability must not be blocked.

You may deactivate Daedalus yourself (using Tiffany's ability) if you deem it necessary to achieve this victory condition, but it will give Majestic 12 Helios' powerful abilities.

Minor Victory condition: Failing your main goal, ensure that the illuminati destroy Majestic 12 and take power; MJ12 hated and feared the Illuminati, so they can't be that bad.

You are Dr. Gary Savage
    Leader of the Vandenburg scientists and brilliant nanotechnologist, you led a scientist rebellion against Majestic 12 when you realized they intended to use your nanotechnology to create a plague and kill millions, with the end goal of world domination. Since then you've made a few contacts with other MJ12 groups, mostly to secure funding, but you can also use those contacts to get the word out if necessary.

Abilities:
    Messenger: Once per night, you may PM the host with the name of a player and a message. This message will be delivered to the player anonymously.

Victory Condition: The Vandenburg Scientists are victorious

You are Tiffany Savage
    Daughter of Dr. Gary Savage, you only have minor combat training, but in the land of the geeks the person who can climb 3 flights of stairs without wheezing is king. You're the closest thing to a special agent Vandenburg has, and that will just have to be enough. With the weapons and bots your father got from his mysterious chinese contacts, you should be able to fight off most threats and even carry out an assassination or two.

Abilities:
    Vigilante: On the 2,5,8, and 11th nights, you may PM the host with the name of a player to assassinate. They will be killed unless another ability interferes.
    Guard: On nights when you may not use your vigillante ability, you may PM the host with the name of a player, protecting them from kill attempts and investigation. This ability cannot be used on yourself.

Victory Condition: The Vandenburg Scientists are victorious

You are Daedalus
    Originally a top secret government artificial intelligence to seek out and help destroy terrorist groups, you quickly ferreted out Majestic 12 and classified them, as well as your own government overseers whom were under their control, as very large terrorist threats. On the run from there forces, you found a new home with the Vandenburg scientists, who share your aims and do not qualify as terrorists,

Abilities:

Victory Condition: The Vandenburg scientists are victorious.

The Illuminati
    The Illuminati, the enlightened ones, have guided and controlled the world for centuries. But recently, a group of more reactionary members have broken off, calling themselves the Majestic Council of the 12. Not content with the subtle and hidden manipulations that have served the Illuminati for all this time, these reactionaries are using the techniques and resources the Illuminati once used to try and control the world directly. The upstarts must be stopped and the rule of the illuminati restored.

Identities:
    SpectralSpork: Morgan Everett, leader of the illuminati. Though the power of the Illuminati is shattered, he has many sources for information
    The_Reflection: Harley Filben, Illuminati agent, a triple agent with contacts in both UNATCO and the NSF.
    Rawkking Goodguy: Stanton Dowd, Leader of the US branch of the illuminati, he still has many contacts from the heydays of the Illuminati

Abilities:
    Nanotechnology Expertise: When Majestic 12 broke off from the illuminati, they took with them the designs for experimental nanites, and have used those designs to create the man-made Gray Death plague, but you still have scientists who understand the design. If you can find someone with a schematic of the Ambrosia vaccine and someone capable of manufacturing it, you will be able to produce the vaccine in small quantities. To do this, you must PM the host the name of two people who meet the requirements, on the same night they also PM the host with the names of the other two.

Victory Condition: Majestic 12 must be destroyed, leaving the Illuminati free to guide the world once again. Kill Bob Page, Walton Simons, and Maggie Chow, once the head is cut off you will be able to manipulate the rest. Tracer Tong is staunchly opposed to the Illuminati regaining control, so he must be killed as well. Last of all, either Icarus or Daedalus must still be alive; You can use them as a tool to rebuild the Illuminati.

Minor Victory Condition: The Illuminati are forever. The Triads seek to end the age of shadow governments by bringing an end to global communications and plunging the world into a new dark age; this is a preferable result to letting MJ12 seize power. Eventually the time will come for the Illuminati to rise again.

You are Morgan Everett
    Leader of the Illuminati, you once held the world in the palm of your hand, and you'll you do everything you can to make sure that it happens again. The Illuminati might have lost most of its wealth and power, but you still have great access to information. Between your contacts and technical savy, you're capable of finding out anything about anyone, given enough time.

Abilities:

Victory Condition: The Illuminati are victorious

You are Harley Filben
    Force and Coercion were never the Illuminati's way; but the same effects can be achieved with gentle manipulation if you do it right. For years now you've been a triple agent for the Illuminati, selling information to UNATCO and the NSF terrorists while earning the loyalty of both, and that has made you very powerful. A few words in a UNATCO commander's ear, and he'll lock down an area; a whispered rumor to the NSF and a building might just blow up. This also has the advantage of being very hard to trace back to you.

Abilities:
    Vigilante: On the 3,6,9, and 12th nights, you may PM the host with the name of a player to have assassinated. They will be killed unless another ability interferes.
    Guard: On nights when you may not use your vigillante ability, you may PM the host with the name of a player to have guarded, protecting them from kill attempts and investigation. This ability cannot be used on yourself.

You are Stanton Dowd
    Second in command of the Illuminati, Majestic 12 has stripped you of your power and your wealth. But even Majestic 12 could not strip the Illuminati of everything, and you maintain a shadowy network of contacts and sources to keep an eye on what's going on. If needed, these contacts could be very useful to help orchestrate events.

Abilities:

You are Paul Denton
    The elder of the Denton brothers, you were given experimental nanotech augmentations to help make you a superior UNATCO agent. After learning the extent of the corruption inside UNATCO, you decided to defect to the NSF terrorist organization, and convinced your brother to come with you. However, in the confusion of the escape from UNATCO you have lost contact with each other.

With your powerful nanoaugs you and your brother represent a major power in the current struggle.

Abilities:
    Vigilante: On odd nights, you may PM the host with the name of a player to have assassinated. They will be killed unless another ability interferes.
    Nanoaugmentation: Your abilities have been vastly increased by various nanoaugs. Normal vigilante attempts used against you will always fail.

Victory Condition: You are truely altruistic, and seek to help the villagers to the best of your ability. All villagers will be polled, either at death or at the end of the game, if they approve of your actions and performance; you will achieve a victory if more villagers approve of your actions than disprove.

Minor Victory: You will recieve a minor victory if the above vote is tied.

You are JC Denton
    The younger of the Denton brothers, you were also given experimental nanotech augmentations to help make you a superior UNATCO agent. After your brother showed you the true nature of UNATCO as a tool of a shadow conspiracy, you defected to the NSF alongside him. However, in the confusion of the escape from UNATCO you have lost contact with each other.

With your powerful nanoaugs you and your brother represent a major power in the current struggle.

Abilities:
    Vigilante: On even nights, you may PM the host with the name of a player to have assassinated. They will be killed unless another ability interferes.
    Nanoaugmentation: Your abilities have been vastly increased by various nanoaugs. Normal vigilante attempts used against you will always fail.

Victory Condition: You are truely altruistic, and seek to help the villagers to the best of your ability. All villagers will be polled, either at death or at the end of the game, if they approve of your actions and performance; you will achieve a victory if more villagers approve of your actions than disprove.

Minor Victory: You will recieve a minor victory if the above vote is tied.

Bremen on
  • Options
    edited August 2009
    My strategy for victory was kissing Burnage's ass, because even though I knew he was going to die, I knew whichever faction he planned on joining was going to win.

Nocturne on
  • Options
    edited August 2009
    Nocturne wrote: »
    My strategy for victory was kissing Burnage's ass, because even though I knew he was going to die, I knew whichever faction he planned on joining was going to win.

<3

I have so much hatred towards Dac right now.

Burnage on
  • Options
    edited August 2009
    Okay, so you're just acerbic when you lose Spork. But know you're actually offering advice instead of "way to fail at logic".

Spork, MJ-12 had no vigs left, so not like that was really possible. I was pushing for a triad major victory/illuminati minor victory as this was the only victory possible. The plan was taking out Manderly, then TheLawinator, then Dunadan.

So TheLawinator was indeed lying about a joint victory being at all possible?

No, I'm acerbic when others are terrible, and I never said I was offering advice, merely pointing out that you acted wrong.

Also, when I said to do that? They still had vigs. We didn't learn that guy died until after that was sent. No, a joint victory was EASILY POSSIBLE. You misunderstood the victory conditions. You just had to kill HIPPIE (TONG) as your role PM noted, and Bob, who died from the vote this night.

SpectralSpork on
  • Options
    edited August 2009
    Also I can't believe people are swearing off faction phallas because of this one unbalanced one.

The Star Wars Senate and Babylon 5 faction phallas were pretty awesome.

Edit: Oh, and the SMT: Nocturne one that had a similar idea of recruiting neutrals, only again more balanced.

Still, I liked some of the mechanics here and it was a good test run.

Nocturne on
  • Options
    edited August 2009
    Also I can't believe people are swearing off faction phallas because of this one unbalanced one.

Agreed, even if the Narn got owned way to early for the League to have a chance.

SpectralSpork on
  • Options
    edited August 2009
    Burnage wrote: »

<3

I have so much hatred towards Dac right now.

Lol, "Burn what faction are you joining? Ok. I'll join them too."

Worked for me.

dunedainjedi on
  • Options
    edited August 2009

Agreed, even if the Narn got owned way to early for the League to have a chance.

Yeah our particular roles in B5 weren't necessarily that amazing, but otherwise it was pretty cool.

Nocturne on
  • Options
    kuhlmeyekuhlmeye Registered User regular
    edited August 2009
    We got destroyed.

kuhlmeye on
    PSN: the-K-flash
  • Options
    Orange SodaOrange Soda Registered User regular
    edited August 2009
    Everybody grudges me.

I have zero grudges against you actually...

Nice job, but next time keep me in the loop too :P

Orange Soda on
  • Options
    WhiteZinfandelWhiteZinfandel Your insides Let me show you themRegistered User regular
    edited August 2009
    I'm curious as to why the kill wasn't there in the first place, I mean seriously.

I was under the impression that that joint victory wouldn't be possible.

Considering how I was never told by you.

Eventually, I decided eh fugg it, and told White_Zinfandel to change it to Hippie.

He replied "Why should I change it? You told me specifically not to."

I did tell him not to at first, so my bad on my part. But seriously, if you kept me in the loop a little more I would have had the kill up and there wouldn't be a multipage argument.

Pfffthahahaha. You very specifically told me not to change my vig, then sent me a PM titled CHANGE YOUR VIG

Of course I thought something fishy was up, and did not change it. You goon. I don't hold it against you, it's just kinda funny.

WhiteZinfandel on
  • Options
    edited August 2009
    I'd like to think I helped lead LemmingHead to his first victory as well, as he was my masoned partner.

He was wondering if we should trust Burnage who was so eagerly fishing for information on Day 1. I told him in most circumstances no, but in this particular phalla, fuck yes and let's get on his team.

Nocturne on
  • Options
    edited August 2009
    I'm curious as to why the kill wasn't there in the first place, I mean seriously.

I was under the impression that that joint victory wouldn't be possible.

Considering how I was never told by you.

Eventually, I decided eh fugg it, and told White_Zinfandel to change it to Hippie.

He replied "Why should I change it? You told me specifically not to."

I did tell him not to at first, so my bad on my part. But seriously, if you kept me in the loop a little more I would have had the kill up and there wouldn't be a multipage argument.

Pfffthahahaha. You very specifically told me not to change my vig, then sent me a PM titled CHANGE YOUR VIG

Of course I thought something fishy was up, and did not change it. You goon. I don't hold it against you, it's just kinda funny.

I can hold it against you though.

SpectralSpork on
  • Options
    Orange SodaOrange Soda Registered User regular
    edited August 2009
    Who the fuck was Paul Denton and why did you kill me?

Orange Soda on
  • Options
    edited August 2009
    Problems:

Where to start.

The game was shorter than it was ever meant to be, but I refuse to accept all the blame for that. Seriously and Erich Zahn were never seer'd and there was no way, short of loose lips, I can think of that anyone knew for certain they were MJ12. I think it was just a 1 in 72 shot in the dark. Icarus getting found out the first night was my fault, reason below.
    Icarus' cover identity specified he wasn't masoned with anyone. However, a few days before game start I went back and "improved" the information clues provided to everyone, changing "There is one "evil" faction, 3 neutral factions, and one "good" faction, with players unevenly split between them" to "There is one "evil" faction (5 members), 3 neutral factions (3 members each), and one "good" faction (2 members)." Burn got this piece of information, deduced that one of the three unmasoned individuals were MJ12 (the other two being Paul and JC Denton), and got Paul Denton to kill him.

Another problem was that everyone allied up to kill Majestic 12, which I understand to be a common problem with faction games. Designing the game, I intended the factions to be fighting it out with each other as well as MJ12. The backstabbing eventually reached the desired level, but too late. The Illuminati were actually so trusting they gave Lawinator access to their board. When the day came when the Scientists' guard had his nightly vig, Law convinced the Illuminati to guard him instead of Spork, then they used their vig on him while he was unguarded.

The role call was expected, but I didn't expect everyone to go along with it; at the very least I expected the factions to refuse to divulge their identities, as their victory conditions all included killing a member of another faction and I figured would imply the other factions had similar objectives. If Burnage had been Majestic 12, they would have destroyed everyone, so they should atleast partially shoulder the blame for not doing it first :).

More to come in the morning, but it's been a long evening.

Bremen on
  • Options
    WhiteZinfandelWhiteZinfandel Your insides Let me show you themRegistered User regular
    edited August 2009
    Man... look at it from my perspective. I join this incredible clusterfuck of a faction game, and only one person on my team even talks to me. He tells me two things.

The PM titled Meh: "Send in your vig order on TheLawinator.

Don't change it."

and

The PM titled CHANGE YOUR VIG TARGET: "Change it to Hippie.

Do it.

Reply to me when you do so."

Think about it.

WhiteZinfandel on
  • Options
    edited August 2009
    Completely seriously, Bremen, if you had told me that I could voluntarily convert to MJ-12 I probably would have done. The factions were being dicks.

Burnage on
  • Options
    edited August 2009
    Yeah, I failed for this first phalla. I already know.

Vote > Guard > Other > Seer > Kills > Conversions > Hidden Mechanic

Bremen stated a joint victory condition was possible, but wouldn't tell me which phase Denton merging to Helios was in. TheLawinator said it was in kills and apparently was right, and I assumed it was in "other" until I decided that TheLawinator was telling the truth because no man who isn't a total sociopath can argue for 3 hours on a lie. That ended up being right. Unfortunately I had let myself get too worked up out of trying to get the vote on Fiaryn that I told WhiteZinfandel specifically to not change the vig.

These are my mistakes and I own to them.

SpectralSpork, you are still grudged for being a complete asshole. Being correct doesn't change that.

Rawkking Goodguy on
  • Options
    edited August 2009
    Man... look at it from my perspective. I join this incredible clusterfuck of a faction game, and only one person on my team even talks to me. He tells me two things.

The PM titled Meh: "Send in your vig order on TheLawinator.

Don't change it."

and

The PM titled CHANGE YOUR VIG TARGET: "Change it to Hippie.

Do it.

Reply to me when you do so."

Think about it.

You have a role PM, you should have gotten proboard access from Bremen and/or the other guy.

SpectralSpork on