• Options
    RingoRingo He/Him a distinct lack of substanceRegistered User regular
    edited September 2009
    I will call him Bolts

That's probably not his name.

That doesn't matter - I am an ACTOR

Ringo on
    Sterica wrote: »
    I know my last visit to my grandpa on his deathbed was to find out how the whole Nazi werewolf thing turned out.
    Edcrab's Exigency RPG
  • Options
    ZerinanZerinan Registered User regular
    edited September 2009
    I think I'm missing something here...

Oh yes, my sanity.

Zerinan on
    6394_970621.png
  • Options
    edited September 2009
    GNOMES STOLE IT

QUICK - TO THE... WHATEVER IT WAS SUMMERY BOUGHT US

THE ICE CREAM TRUCK

Ringo on
    I know my last visit to my grandpa on his deathbed was to find out how the whole Nazi werewolf thing turned out.
    Edcrab's Exigency RPG
  • Options
    summerycleptsummeryclept Registered User regular
    edited September 2009
    Ringo wrote: »
    GNOMES STOLE IT

THE ICE CREAM TRUCK

THAT WASN'T ME

summeryclept on
  • Options
    edited September 2009
    GNOMES STOLE IT

THE ICE CREAM TRUCK

THAT WASN'T ME

THAT WAS TOTALLY ME!

Zerinan on
    6394_970621.png
  • Options
    edited September 2009
    Obviously this was after the Gnomes stole your sanity.

Ringo on
    Edcrab's Exigency RPG
  • Options
    MegazverMegazver Registered User regular
    edited September 2009
    Man, that... that is a long episode of House.

>_>

<_<

*type type type*

Megazver on
    Chief Tyrol. Academician Megazver of the Jol-Nar Universities
  • Options
    edited September 2009
    Unless those weren't gnomes at all! They were fairies! And you traded your sanity for an ice cream truck!

!!

Ringo on
    Edcrab's Exigency RPG
  • Options
    edited September 2009
    So how much do we charge for a routine de-ghosting? Or a standard vampire removal? How about a Frankenstein relocation?

summeryclept on
  • Options
    edited September 2009
    How about a Party of Cliche Fantasy Characters From Another Dimension Infestation?

Megazver on
  • Options
    edited September 2009
    Unless those weren't gnomes at all! They were fairies! And you traded your sanity for an ice cream truck!

!!

How did you find out!? They swore they'd never tell a soul! ... Unless... YOU HAVE NO SOUL, RINGO!

Zerinan on
    6394_970621.png
  • Options
    edited September 2009
    God yes, I love those. All you have to do is get them in front of a computer, open up TVtropes and watch as they wither away to nothing.

Ringo on
    Edcrab's Exigency RPG
  • Options
    EgosEgos Registered User regular
    edited September 2009
    Megazver wrote: »
    How about a Party of Cliche Fantasy Characters From Another Dimension Infestation?

"Vin has the ring of power!"

I think we're in deep shit.....

"And Evil Ash has gotten the Necronomicon!"

Really deep shit...

Egos on
  • Options
    edited September 2009

>_>

<_<

*type type type*

AND NOW YOU'RE OFFLINE

I SEE YOU NOT BEING HERE

summeryclept on
  • Options
    edited September 2009

>_>

<_<

*type type type*

AND NOW YOU'RE OFFLINE

I SEE YOU NOT BEING HERE

WHY AREN'T YOU HERE?!

Zerinan on
    6394_970621.png
  • Options
    edited September 2009
    Guys I'm gonna be gone Thursday-Sunday

Hiking (near) the Grand Canyon!

Ringo on
    Edcrab's Exigency RPG
  • Options
    edited September 2009

>_>

<_<

*type type type*

AND NOW YOU'RE OFFLINE

I SEE YOU NOT BEING HERE

YOU CAN'T RUSH MEDIOCRITY OKAY

Also I just realized that you guys haven't spread the Franchise dice around. You get seven of them.

Go go go.

Megazver on
  • Options
    edited September 2009
    I take all seven?

Oh no, wait:

Library Card: 2
    Gym Card: 1
    Credit Card: 2
    Bank: 2

Athletics is the one where we're the most well rounded. Academics not so much. If we were going to move anything I might steal a die from the credit card to the library card...

Ringo on
    Edcrab's Exigency RPG
  • Options
    edited September 2009
    I suggest:

Library - 2
    Gym - 1
    Credit - 2
    Bank - 2

I forsee a tech-heavy approach, so maybe Credit 3, Bank 1? Orrr... Library 1, Gym 2?

summeryclept on
  • Options
    edited September 2009
    You decide among yourselves what's best for your company and tell me when you're decided.

In other news

I AM ALMOST DONE WRITING

TWO PARAGRAPHS DONE ONE TO GO

Megazver on
  • Options
    edited September 2009
    Obviously my suggestion is best

Ringo on
    Edcrab's Exigency RPG
  • Options
    edited September 2009
    summeryclept's got the right idea.

summeryclept on
  • Options
    edited September 2009
    Obviously the only solution is to make both you record covers of Britney's Hit Me Baby One More Time and use the winner's idea.

Megazver on
  • Options
    edited September 2009
    Geist Magazine #72

Banging Fangers: Buffy Bares It All
    Are Your Pets Possessed By Satan? A Quick Test
    Billy Bob Van Helsing: Heartbreaker, Heart-Staker
    Ten Easy Ways To Deal With A Potty-Geist
    GRUMP INC: Cleaning The World One Demonic Diaper At A Time

THE HOUSE OF HORROR, once a jewel in the crown of the Springy Amusement Park, now sits alone in the middle of the Hope Disctict, last of its kind. Its fellows are no more, torn down after the infamous Attraction Crash Action of '57, the House itself saved by a last minute purchase by an eccentric millionaire. I stand outside and take it all in. The House seems shrunken next to the towers next to it, a melancholy view. The plastic gravestones are still there, now looking as fake as they are, and so is the famous Dead Tree but now there's an icecream truck parked under it. A banner hangs above the entrance, GRUMP INC painted in large green letters. I head inside to meet the new inhabitants.

The air in the well-lit lobby is cool and suprisingly fresh; an aroma of freshly baked bread wafts from somewhere below. The macabre objects that once made the House what it was have been carefully preserved and the contrast is startling. I am led past the grisly paintings, clockwork ghosts and trick mirrors into the meeting room. It's dominated by a coffin that's covered by table cloth, surrounded by yellow plush chairs. There's tea and pastries on the table. It's surprisingly cozy.

Q: So. Let's start with introductions. Tell me a little about yourselves and what each of you does around here.

Megazver on
  • Options
    edited September 2009
    DIKA: I'm Dika, I run and fix all the machines we use. I also invented most of it! I'm big on electronics and engineering. I'm the hot glue gun that holds our machines together! Aaannd... I've got two cats, and I love doing Sudoku. In pen.

summeryclept on
  • Options
    edited September 2009
    DIKA: I'm Dika, I run and fix all the machines we use. I also invented most of it! I'm big on electronics and engineering. I'm the hot glue gun that holds our machines together! Aaannd... I've got two cats, and I love doing Sudoku. In pen.

Q: Does that come in handy often? Sudoku, that is.

Megazver on
  • Options
    edited September 2009

DIKA: (thinking for a moment) It keeps me occupied when I'm guarding mummies or whatever. So, kinda!

summeryclept on
  • Options
    EgosEgos Registered User regular
    edited September 2009
    Archer: Before joining GRUMP, I had been a Philosophy student at Yale. Before earning my M.A. , I supported myself largely through grants and civil service. When I finally completely my masters thesis entitled "How the Ghost of Socrates Looms Over Today" , I was approached by Mr. Hervé and offered a job at GRUMP as a Occult Researcher.

I was a bit skeptical at first, but after Valentin and the others showed me irrefutable evidence - I was on-board. Since joining I have taken a more interest in "Things that go Bump in the Night" and have actively partaken in field research.

Egos on
  • Options
    edited September 2009

DIKA: (thinking for a moment) It keeps me occupied when I'm guarding mummies or whatever. So, kinda!

Q: You make guarding mummies sound so banal. You mentioned the machines. Is the ice truck yours? What's the deal here?

Megazver on
  • Options
    edited September 2009
    Jason: I'm Jason, and I'm basically the head investigator here. I'm the one who finds all the pieces of the puzzle and puts them together. Sure, the others might tell you that we all do that, but they know what's really up. I mean, I used to have my own detective agency! Who else would be more qualified to lead the investigations?

Zerinan on
    6394_970621.png
  • Options
    edited September 2009
    VIN: Vin Renato. Vin. Renato.

Ringo on
    Edcrab's Exigency RPG
  • Options
    edited September 2009
    Egos wrote: »
    Archer: Before joining GRUMP, I had been a Philosophy student at Yale. Before earning my M.A. , I supported myself largely through grants and civil service. When I finally completely my masters thesis entitled "How the Ghost of Socrates Looms Over Today" , I was approached by Mr. Hervé and offered a job at GRUMP as a Occult Researcher.

I was a bit skeptical at first, but after Valentin and the others showed me irrefutable evidence - I was on-board. Since joining I have taken a more interest in "Things that go Bump in the Night" and have actively partaken in field research.

Q: Huh. How exactly do you do your research anyway, Google? Or do you keep a copy of Telenecronomicon in the desk?

Zerinan wrote: »
    Jason: I'm Jason, and I'm basically the head investigator here. I'm the one who finds all the pieces of the puzzle and puts them together. Sure, the others might tell you that we all do that, but they know what's really up. I mean, I used to have my own detective agency! Who else would be more qualified to lead the investigations?

Q: No one, I am sure. What happened to the agency?
    VIN: Vin Renato. Vin. Renato.

Q: [Blank look]

Megazver on
  • Options
    edited September 2009
    Zerinan wrote: »

Q: No one, I am sure. What happened to the agency?

Well... it's kind of a funny story... I rented out a small office above a sandwich shop down town. It might not have been the best location, but that didn't keep the cases away. Well... case, actually. But it was one doozy of a crime! I was tasked with the job of finding a runaway. All was going great... well... alright. I was this close to solving it when the dang dog just up and returned to his family. They didn't even pay me for my time! Saying I was "incompetent". Me!

...Oh... and did you know you need a license in order to be a detective? I bet some of the greats never had to get a license! I doubt Shirlock Holmes went in every few years in order to be tested on his ability to solve crimes.

Zerinan on
    6394_970621.png
  • Options
    edited September 2009
    VIN: Well, yes, obviously my many fans are wondering what I'm up to these days. How I'm doing, what my current goals are, how long until they can be delighted by my presence once again - the sorts of things everybody wants to know. Well fear not! Vin Renato is not the kind of man to disappoint his fans!

As I'm sure you're aware, I've been taking a bit of a sabbatical from the rigors of Hollywood. The buzz and the glow, all the people, being off here and there, never a minute of rest - it is quite a great strain to bear, let me tell you! That lifestyle, that endless parade of wonders, why even a man such as myself needs to take a break and clear his head every once in a while. Live like regular people! Ha! And that's what I'm doing, just trying to be an ordinary joe out in the great wide world. Remember what it's like not just to be Vin Renato, but to watch Vin Renato. To be part of the millions, and millions, of Vin Renato's fans.

But what's a man to do when he's out among the people? It's no time just to sit on your laurels, goodness no! You've got to get out there and work! Put the time in and really feel the pulse of the day, the sweat on your brow, the sweet taste of the success of your labor. Then you really know what it's like. To work and toil every day, until you feel that siren call of fame and fortune pulling you back in. But I won't heed her song just yet! No, Vin Renato has a plan! A plan for adventure!

You see, during my wonderful time spent on Into The Sun I developed quite a fascination with the real meaning behind the show. The premise of the myth and the fantastic - the supernatural! It seems so natural to a superstar such as myself, haha. So as I began studying and learning more about the hidden world around us I became more aware - more attuned to it and its many fluctuations in our modern lives. Life, as we've lived it, is so much more than we routinely allow ourselves to see! Just as an army of directors and producers, editors and cameramen, extras and assistants make the false reality of Hollywood come to life - so does the supernatural weave through the background of the mundane. And I have decided that while I am on this journey, I want to take the tour! I want to get to know it! And so, here I am, with this lovely and exciting and dangerous team - ready to lead them into uncharted territories!

We are explorers. We are KINGS! Of the unknown

Ringo on
    Edcrab's Exigency RPG
  • Options
    edited September 2009
    I'm gone until Sunday guys - have fun this weekend!

Ringo on
    Edcrab's Exigency RPG
  • Options
    edited September 2009
    DIKA: I also do work on cars, if anybody needs that.

summeryclept on
  • Options
    edited September 2009
    Q: I... see. [shuffles papers] Alright. Let's talk about your first case. It's spring two thousand and nine, you're just some guys with an icecream truck and a dream and then, suddenly, a little something called the Montezuma Case happens. This is the first time you'll be telling the media what was that all about, correct?

Megazver on
  • Options
    edited September 2009
    DIKA: (gets a worried look on her face - much whispering and hushed talks between the group, a lot of "can't say that" and "omit that one thing" and the like, until finally a consensus seems to be reached) Yes.

summeryclept on
  • Options
    edited September 2009
    Q: [impatiently] And? You did agree to this beforehand. In writing.

Megazver on