As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Veronica [Chat]!

HonkHonk Honk is this poster.Registered User, __BANNED USERS regular
edited August 2009 in Debate and/or Discourse
veronicamars.jpg

You all got me in a nostalgia mode and I remembered this show.

I loved it, it was cancelled, tears.

Catch it on Hulu or something!

PSN: Honkalot
Honk on

• Options
    japanjapan Registered User regular
    edited August 2009
    What is it.

It looks suspiciously like teen drama.

japan on
  • Options
    SenjutsuSenjutsu thot enthusiast Registered User regular
    edited August 2009
    ain't seen it

Senjutsu on
  • Options
    RichyRichy Registered User regular
    edited August 2009
    Never watched it.

Richy on
    sig.gif
  • Options
    yalborapyalborap Registered User regular
    edited August 2009
    I was expecting an Archie reference.

yalborap on
  • Options
    PreacherPreacher Registered User regular
    edited August 2009
    Any hope I could have of working in the fashion industry is crushed by the fact, not only can I not sew or draw worth shit, I'd die of blood loss from seeing so many naked boobies.

Preacher on
    I would like some money because these are artisanal nuggets of wisdom philistine.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    edited August 2009
    Preacher wrote: »
    Any hope I could have of working in the fashion industry is crushed by the fact, not only can I not sew or draw worth shit, I'd die of blood loss from seeing so many naked boobies.

also you don't take it up the butt from dudes

Senjutsu on
  • Options
    HonkHonk Honk is this poster. Registered User, __BANNED USERS regular
    edited August 2009
    It's about this girl who's dad is a PI, then she also becomes a PI while handling all that high-school peer pressure and such.

The premise doesn't sound like much, and I'll admit I started watching it regurarly because Kristen Bell is smoking hot. But it turned out to be brilliantly written, although highly overlooked. My favorite series ever after Avatar I think.

Honk on
  • Options
    TavTav Irish Minister for DefenceRegistered User regular
    edited August 2009
    I saw an episode of this show today. I have a feeling I would like it a lot more if I knew what was going on.

Tav on
  • Options
    edited August 2009
    Senjutsu wrote: »
    Preacher wrote: »

also you don't take it up the butt from dudes

Not all... yeah I don't take it up the ass from dudes.

Preacher on
    I would like some money because these are artisanal nuggets of wisdom philistine.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    deadonthestreetdeadonthestreet Registered User regular
    edited August 2009
    japan wrote: »
    What is it.

Teen detective drama

Have heard good things, have not seen

deadonthestreet on
  • Options
    edited August 2009
    Honk wrote: »
    It's about this girl who's dad is a PI, then she also becomes a PI while handling all that high-school peer pressure and such.

The premise doesn't sound like much, and I'll admit I started watching it regurarly because Kristen Bell is smoking hot. But it turned out to be brilliantly written, although highly overlooked. My favorite series ever after Avatar I think.
    So what you are saying is the program is nearly as good as a children's cartoon?

deadonthestreet on
  • Options
    Salvation122Salvation122 Registered User regular
    edited August 2009
    You know, I was just doing the healthcare thing on another board, and this -
    Let me try this: What would you like to see in a healthcare bill, Zircher? What's your ideal reform? What do you think would be most effective?
    Note that if available data contradicts what you believe would be effective, I will cite it. I do this not to be a prick, but because integration of all available data leads to better ideas.
    Oh, I have no doubt about that. Even when we use the same numbers as indicated earlier in this thread, we see them as meaning different things.

It has been mentioned that the suggested plan will still leave 16% of the uninsured without coverage. There is always going to be a percentage of people that will refuse coverage, but expect free emergency care. It is probably impossible to propose something that is fiscally responsible and humanitarian. So the question is where do you draw the lines?

For example, free health care for illegals. We can save (to use the technical term) a shitload of money if we automatically deport anyone after they get their care. But, what would really happen is that the illiegal aliens would stop using emergency rooms and rely on first aid and whatever free clinics that remain open. Suffering would increase and there is a high probability that disease could breed and spread to the general population. So, that's not a viable option in the short term. Long term, we close the borders and deport illegals over a decade or two to ease the emergency room crisis.

If you look at the actual problem (health care for those without insurance) rather than the political solution, you have a smaller (but growing due to unemployment) group of people to worry about. Some of them can be helped simply by waving the pre-existing condition clauses. Others can be offer something like Cobra for free but for a fixed time. The goal is to get these people back into the workforce and not expand the welfare state. The dead weight in the welfare system is bleeding this country for every penny they can get. [Yes, there are legitmate cases, but there are also a lot of people that treat welfare leech as their economic goal in life.]

Tangent |-> Since you're a big fan of the public works such as highways, national parks, and the TVA, we need Workfare instead of welfare.

One of the road blocks that the insurance lobby has created is that you have to get insurance written in the state that it is issued. If we had more competition from out of state carriers, insurance costs would go down. We could do away with the state mandated silliness like aroma therapy. [FYI, it works great in my yoga class, but it ain't a fraking medical treatment.]

I don't pretend to have all the answers, but I do know that slapping Joe Citizen in the face is not the best way to help those actually in need.

- made me rather more appreciative of the general level of discourse around here.

Salvation122 on
  • Options
    edited August 2009

So what you are saying is the program is nearly as good as a children's cartoon?

Avatar is awesome dude, stop blaspheming!

Honk on
  • Options
    edited August 2009

a ringing endorsement if I've ever seen one

Senjutsu on
  • Options
    nexuscrawlernexuscrawler Registered User regular
    edited August 2009
    What is it.

It's basically teen drama meets Raymond Chandler

nexuscrawler on
  • Options
    Casual EddyCasual Eddy The Astral PlaneRegistered User regular
    edited August 2009
    i think i remember some straight fashion designer complaining about how gay men dominate the industry

and I remember thinking 'oh man you poor white straight male. who's looking out for you!?'

Casual Eddy on
  • Options
    edited August 2009
    i think i remember some straight fashion designer complaining about how gay men dominate the industry

and I remember thinking 'oh man you poor white straight male. who's looking out for you!?'

fashion is the worst of industries

nexuscrawler on
  • Options
    edited August 2009
    Also I have started reading The Brothers Karamazov and if it's not fantastic I will be very disappointed in Elki and Kakos and Shinto.

Salvation122 on
  • Options
    ElkiElki get busy Moderator, ClubPA mod
    edited August 2009
    Veronica Mars is pretty sweet. I need to watch it again, sometime.

Elki on
    smCQ5WE.jpg
  • Options
    SarksusSarksus ATTACK AND DETHRONE GODRegistered User regular
    edited August 2009
    So this Warcraft Wiki says that Worgen are evil. How the hell are they going to be Alliance.

Sarksus on
  • Options
    InquisitorInquisitor Registered User regular
    edited August 2009

Bet you anything the due was protestant to top it all off.

Inquisitor on
  • Options
    edited August 2009
    Avatar is pretty good but only about half of the episodes are anything better than average.

deadonthestreet on
  • Options
    edited August 2009
    Tav wrote: »
    I saw an episode of this show today. I have a feeling I would like it a lot more if I knew what was going on.

You really have to see it from episode one of season one, then in order. Because there's a long term plot going on in the first season. They kind of slowly removed that kind of storytelling from later seasons unfortunately.

Honk on
  • Options
    edited August 2009
    My wife laments about some of the fashion choices made by designers if only because they aren't designed with tits above A in mind.

Preacher on

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    darthmixdarthmix Registered User regular
    edited August 2009
    I'm about halfway through the second season of VM. It's a pretty great show. It was sold to me as a spiritual successor to Buffy, and while I can sorta see it - tough blonde girl and her ragtag group of unlikely followers vs. the world - it's obviously totally different.

darthmix on
  • Options
    edited August 2009
    Hey by the way Inquisitor I wanted to apologize for what I said the other day. You have your faults but you are basically a good person and I can't ignore that.

Sarksus on
  • Options
    edited August 2009
    Let me try this: What would you like to see in a healthcare bill, Zircher? What's your ideal reform? What do you think would be most effective?
    Note that if available data contradicts what you believe would be effective, I will cite it. I do this not to be a prick, but because integration of all available data leads to better ideas.
    Oh, I have no doubt about that. Even when we use the same numbers as indicated earlier in this thread, we see them as meaning different things.

It has been mentioned that the suggested plan will still leave 16% of the uninsured without coverage. There is always going to be a percentage of people that will refuse coverage, but expect free emergency care. It is probably impossible to propose something that is fiscally responsible and humanitarian. So the question is where do you draw the lines?

For example, free health care for illegals. We can save (to use the technical term) a shitload of money if we automatically deport anyone after they get their care. But, what would really happen is that the illiegal aliens would stop using emergency rooms and rely on first aid and whatever free clinics that remain open. Suffering would increase and there is a high probability that disease could breed and spread to the general population. So, that's not a viable option in the short term. Long term, we close the borders and deport illegals over a decade or two to ease the emergency room crisis.

If you look at the actual problem (health care for those without insurance) rather than the political solution, you have a smaller (but growing due to unemployment) group of people to worry about. Some of them can be helped simply by waving the pre-existing condition clauses. Others can be offer something like Cobra for free but for a fixed time. The goal is to get these people back into the workforce and not expand the welfare state. The dead weight in the welfare system is bleeding this country for every penny they can get. [Yes, there are legitmate cases, but there are also a lot of people that treat welfare leech as their economic goal in life.]

Tangent |-> Since you're a big fan of the public works such as highways, national parks, and the TVA, we need Workfare instead of welfare.

One of the road blocks that the insurance lobby has created is that you have to get insurance written in the state that it is issued. If we had more competition from out of state carriers, insurance costs would go down. We could do away with the state mandated silliness like aroma therapy. [FYI, it works great in my yoga class, but it ain't a fraking medical treatment.]

I don't pretend to have all the answers, but I do know that slapping Joe Citizen in the face is not the best way to help those actually in need.

- made me rather more appreciative of the general level of discourse around here.

ugh

what exactly is the dead weight of the welfare system that is bleeding the system dry?

Casual Eddy on
  • Options
    edited August 2009
    Sarksus wrote: »
    Hey by the way Inquisitor I wanted to apologize for what I said the other day. You have your faults but you are basically a good person and I can't ignore that.

It's cool dude. I was being pretty rude as hell to Podly that day, and I'm sure I wasn't being polite to you either. Apology totally accepted, and I hope you accept mine as well.
    make up sex?

Inquisitor on
  • Options
    edited August 2009
    So this Warcraft Wiki says that Worgen are evil. How the hell are they going to be Alliance.

WoW is getting new races? what does horde get?

Casual Eddy on
  • Options
    edited August 2009

ugh

what exactly is the dead weight of the welfare system that is bleeding the system dry?

My response was basically "Really? I ask you what your ideal healthcare policy would be, and you come back at me with this? Really?" except rather more polite.

Salvation122 on
  • Options
    edited August 2009

Goblins

nexuscrawler on
  • Options
    japanjapan Registered User regular
    edited August 2009

fashion is the worst of industries

Well it is one of those industries in which being shallow and self-obsessed are viewed as positive traits.

japan on
  • Options
    edited August 2009
    Inquisitor wrote: »

It's cool dude. I was being pretty rude as hell to Podly that day, and I'm sure I wasn't being polite to you either. Apology totally accepted, and I hope you accept mine as well.
    make up sex?

Safe word is: pudding.

Sarksus on
  • Options
    NocturneNocturne Registered User regular
    edited August 2009

The humans can be pretty fucking evil too.

Nocturne on
  • Options
    edited August 2009

Well it is one of those industries in which being shallow and self-obsessed are viewed as positive traits.

And because of that industry we got Tyra Banks, honestly they should introduce a new level of narcissism purely because of her.

Preacher on

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    edited August 2009
    darthmix wrote: »
    I'm about halfway through the second season of VM. It's a pretty great show. It was sold to me as a spiritual successor to Buffy, and while I can sorta see it - tough blonde girl and her ragtag group of unlikely followers vs. the world - it's obviously totally different.

It does have a similar style of ultra-snappy dialogue too.

Whedon was apparently a big fan of VM

nexuscrawler on
  • Options
    edited August 2009
    God damn youtube, I search for slap bass lessons and I get this:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nCoHgfCVbYE

I am forever humbled.

Inquisitor on
  • Options
    CindersCinders Whose sails were black when it was windy Registered User regular
    edited August 2009
    Also I have started reading The Brothers Karamazov and if it's not fantastic I will be very disappointed in Elki and Kakos and Shinto.

I remember that book being quite excellent.

Cinders on
  • Options
    edited August 2009

Goblins

oh and yeah i'm sure they'll make up some crazy bullshit for the worgen

they did for the dranei after all

my guess is the worgen that you play all fall out of another dimension where it turns out they aren't evil, but rather an altruistic race of carebears

Casual Eddy on
  • Options
    NocturneNocturne Registered User regular
    edited August 2009
    I own The Brothers Karamazov but never got around to reading it. Perhaps I should remedy that.

Nocturne on
This discussion has been closed.