As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

All them illegal immigrant Muslim congressmen

124»

• Options
    EvanderEvander Disappointed Father Registered User regular
    edited December 2006
    What strikes me is that he's not only against illegal immigration, but in favor of restricting legal immigration further. Unless he is a full blooded american indian, I think that makes him a bit of a hypocrite.

Evander on
  • Options
    MahnmutMahnmut Registered User regular
    edited December 2006
    Evander wrote:
    What strikes me is that he's not only against illegal immigration, but in favor of restricting legal immigration further. Unless he is a full blooded american indian, I think that makes him a bit of a hypocrite.

Well. By that standard, everyone who isn't a full-blooded American Indian would be hypocritical to dislike illegal immigration as well. I mean, isn't our violent colonization of North America essentially some of the worst damn illegal immigration in the history of the universe? Note that this isn't just, oh, some pilgrims; as recently as the 1980s (perhaps more recently; not sure) we were shuffling natives off their land and onto increasingly poorer reservations in order to make space for uranium mining and white ranchers.

Mahnmut on
    Steam/LoL: Jericho89
  • Options
    poshnialloposhniallo Registered User regular
    edited December 2006
    Well. By that standard, everyone who isn't a full-blooded American Indian would be hypocritical to dislike illegal immigration as well. I mean, isn't our violent colonization of North America essentially some of the worst damn illegal immigration in the history of the universe? Note that this isn't just, oh, some pilgrims; as recently as the 1980s (perhaps more recently; not sure) we were shuffling natives off their land and onto increasingly poorer reservations in order to make space for uranium mining and white ranchers.

Yes. That seems to make sense. Yup. I completely agree.

We're ALL descended from immigrants, mostly 'illegal' (i.e. invaders who arrived with sharpened sticks etc).

poshniallo on
    I figure I could take a bear.
  • Options
    GafotoGafoto Registered User regular
    edited December 2006
    Not to butt in here but just because your ancestors are from some particular origin doesn't mean you have to support everyone else from that origin. I don't consider myself european even though all my ancestors came from Europe.

Gafoto on
    sierracrest.jpg
  • Options
    SquirrelmobSquirrelmob Registered User regular
    edited December 2006
    Do they make Congressmembers/Senators swear on a copy of the Constitution?

I mean, wouldn't that make sense? To swear on the document that's the supreme law of the land?

Squirrelmob on
  • Options
    ShintoShinto __BANNED USERS regular
    edited December 2006
    Do they make Congressmembers/Senators swear on a copy of the Constitution?

I mean, wouldn't that make sense? To swear on the document that's the supreme law of the land?

The idea is to swear on whatever is personally significant to you.

I believe that John Quincy Adams was sworn in on a copy of a law book, being a dedicated legal mind.

Shinto on
  • Options
    DeepQantasDeepQantas Registered User regular
    edited December 2006
    Hm. So do we go round with a "What would you swear in with?"

Cos I know I'm torn between a pirated Thief CD and Sun Tzu's Art of War.

DeepQantas on
    m~
  • Options
    JCMJCM Registered User regular
    edited December 2006
    On the skull of my fallen foes?

JCM on
  • Options
    CavilCavil Registered User regular
    edited December 2006
    It should be something representative of basic human nature. How about a hollowed-out Bible filled with a moldy, half-eaten Toblerone, a rusted .45 and faded body shot polaroids of old girlfriends?

Maybe add some unused joints or cigarette butts for good measure.

Cavil on
    Virtue finds and chooses the mean.